Are you innovative in your sales and leadership techniques? Courageous in your convictions? Able to give an opinion and back it up with numbers? Can you sell ice to an Eskimo? Lead your sales team by showing them “how it’s done” and then mentoring them to bring them together as a team? Do you embrace and thrive on change? Can you cut to the chase and remove roadblocks and obstacles while maintaining a positive approach?
The Sales Manager is responsible for the daily management of a multi-channel professional services sales organization. This is a fast paced, relationship-driven role with both a seasoned and newly aligned / re-designed sales team. Essential to the success of this role, is one’s ability to lead by example, perform and successfully drive performance, achieve strategic goals and objectives through solid performance management, and above all, to mentor, motivate and manage through a successful and solid leadership style. Providing daily assistance and direction to the internal and external sales team is expected.
The job will have all the traditional elements of a Sales Manager role including, but not limited to: building, developing / managing a highly accomplished sales team, advancing multi-channel sales strategies, managing account plans and margin growth through existing and new clients, sales forecasting, quota management, proposal and contract development and management reporting.
He/she must be passionate about sales, and be able to lead from the front, while building and maintaining strategic sales initiatives to position the company to continue growth at more than 25% per year. Critical to the success of the individual and team, is also the ability for the Sales Manager to monitor and increase activity of team members, while staying abreast of sales trends and through identifying potential opportunities to increase market share. He or she will be accountable for assisting with the analysis of market data and in leveraging and building alliances with outfits that potentially suit our sweet spot and business model.
The Sales Manager will also function as part of the Leadership team. This position reports to the President of the organization and his/her primary goal is to help build our depth of reach, and expand our ability through relationships.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Sales and/or leadership experience in Executive Search ; Big Four Consulting preferred
- Experience growing a sales organization through multiple rapid growth cycles
- Proven success in complex B2B solutions selling
- Experience managing and motivating professional services sales teams serving a broad array of industries and disciplines
- Success in high-quality, fast-paced consulting or talent delivery organizations
- Passion for technology and its uses in strategic selling
- Experience leading adaptive organizations
- Experience managing a P&L of at least $5M and revenues of over $20M
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Practices independent thinking, is a self-starter, well-organized, extremely reliable, detail-oriented and assertive as a team player
- Works efficiently and effectively under pressure and with critical deadlines
- Produces high volume of quality/accurate work
- Displays high level of positive energy and drive
- Demonstrates strong conversational and communication skills
- Challenges status quo, when appropriate, in order to move projects forward
- Displays positive, outgoing approach to success through driving team performance
- Demonstrates commitment to quality service for internal and external clients
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/BA degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in a sales and/or sales leadership function
- Law/Consulting firm experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and /or Candidate Relationship Management systems (CRM) preferred
- Working knowledge of Contact Management Database programs beneficial
- Solid proficiency in MS Office 2007/2010 – specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook – required
We offer a highly competitive earnings potential, a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision and 401K, as well as opportunities for development and advancement. The weather of Northern Florida and the proximity to the beach are not so bad either.
IMS ExpertServices is the legal industry’s leading expert witness and consulting services firm providing services to top law firms and their Fortune 500 clients. We have been delivering expert witness and interim consulting solutions since 1992.