Our 300 family, dynamic, egalitarian Conservative synagogue in Niskayuna, New York, seeks an experienced individual for a full-time Executive Administrator. Congregation Agudat Achim is a warm and inviting community that embraces people of all ages and backgrounds.
Major responsibilities of the position include:
- Manages the synagogue office.
- Supervises office and building services staff; administrative oversight of all personnel.
- Supervises the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Interacts with synagogue congregants and guests.
- Ensures that all synagogue events run smoothly and effectively.
- Cultivates relationships and collaborates with Board and Executive Committee members.
- Primary contact for outside vendors and contractors.
- Attends Board of Trustees and Executive Committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of supervisory and financial management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Judaism and synagogue operations
- Computer proficient in Word processing, financial spreadsheets, membership database programs, and calendar systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized; ability to multitask, initiate projects, and work independently
- Ability to communicate appropriately with congregants and the community
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Experience with Web page maintenance and marketing programs a plus
Indeed - 9 months ago