Congregation B'nai Israel Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I have been preparing to leave NJ and worked at this place for a shor time.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Emerson, NJSeptember 22, 2012
B'nai Israel has been a good place to work for. I had a good relationship with the people, but as I mentioned, that was only for a short time. Preparing my own home for sale was the main reason that I left.

As far as the daily work was concerned, I opened the office and temple, attended the mail, made calls and received them, made schecules for up-comming events, etc. Daily, I also deposited checks, bought stamps, picked up the mail from the post office and made small purchases. I never had any problems with the management, and did not have co-workers. There was not too much that I could learn, excpect how nice the people were. There was no hard part to this job, and the most enjoyable was to be there.
Pros
the realtionship with the people has been a great plus
Cons
there was nothing about the b'nai israel that i did not like or was not comfortabe with.
Nice experience overall
Manger of Facilities & Logistics (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMay 25, 2013
Gave this establishment over five years of my life. Managed the building, grounds and every event, seven days a week and every day of the year. Mangement changed every two years. So the job was almost thankless. My coworkers were mostly great. I hired and trained every one of them. I trained my employees to be the BEST!! That is what I expected. The hardest part of the job, was keeping everyone happy. In the end, that was impossible as every manager can attest! I enjoyed doing my job which was nearly impossible. But I did it with ease which seemed to bother some. There was never a time the staff could not call me for support, even at 3 in the morning!
Pros
i was mostly my own boss.
Cons
to many board of directors, too many chefs in the kitchen.
Disrespectable environment, especially to women.
Administrative Assistant - Non-Profit Organization (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMarch 19, 2015
Leadership was abusive to some members of their staff. Certain board members and clergy made it very difficult to get through a work day. I learned that if you are not of their faith they treat you as if you are beneath them. Very disappointing.
Pros
sometimes i was able to work alone.
Cons
oftentimes the clergy member was in the office and being abusive.
Relationship with customers
Assistant Manager gift shop (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLDecember 14, 2012
My co- worker's were very professional,and worked as a team. I was able to use my organizational skills.
Pros
very professional staff
Cons
no benefits