Executive Administrative Assistant
Congregation Beth Israel Ner Tamid
Nurturing minds and souls through learning, praying, and caring
Congregation Beth Israel Ner Tamid (CBINT), a Conservative Synagogue located in Milwaukee’s North Shore, is a Kehillah Kedoshah, a sacred community, nurturing minds and souls, fostering love and commitment to Judaism and the Jewish people, passing our Jewish faith and traditions from generation to generation.
CBINT is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant, reporting directly to both the Rabbi and Executive Director, with exceptional organizational and writing skills along with the ability to multi task while demonstrating empathy and compassion for congregants and co-workers. The ideal candidate will have a friendly and outgoing demeanor while displaying mature judgment, discretion and the ability to work collaboratively in a small and intimate setting. .
Secretary to the Rabbi:
- Support the Rabbi as his key administrative interface with congregants and members of the public/community. The Executive Administrative Assistant is a trusted professional whom the Rabbi shares key and often private information
- Receive incoming phone calls and place phone calls on Rabbi’s behalf
- Schedule appointments, meetings and public/community speaking engagements/appearances
- Prepare correspondence and teaching materials
- Secretary to the Ritual Committee
- Other tasks that may be assigned by the Rabbi including misheberach list
- Support Hazzan & Executive Director in weekly administrative duties
- Create and maintain well organized lists of information relevant to congregant’s life-cycle events and personal status
- Interface and act as clearing house with members for the clergy/gabbaim regarding life-cycle events
- Manage membership related information using congregational software and MS Excel
- Prepare materials for Shabbat on a weekly basis : Bimah, Supplement, Announcements, Yahrzeit
- Design and produce the synagogue bulletin on a monthly basis and the Yizkor Book on annual basis
- Support School of Jewish Studies religious school
- Manage room reservations for programs/events with Facilities Director
- Other tasks that may be assigned by the Executive Director
- Be the friendly face of the synagogue for congregants and public
- Answer all incoming phone calls to the office
- Work side by side with Business Manager & Program Director with event/program management.
Position Salary: TBD
Required Skills: Strong computer skills and competence with MS office suite.
Preferred Experience: 3 years’ experience
Preferred Degree: Bachelor’s
Duration: 25 hours a week
Job Location: Congregation Beth Israel Ner Tamid, 6880 N Green Bay Ave Glendale, WI 53209