Conifer Health Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Quanity & not quality is their bottom line
Appeal Writer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50314July 27, 2016
One employee will have several job titles & responsibilities for one full time position.
No on site management, representative came from out of state for meetings or misc. task.
Pros
Nine paid holidays
Cons
work load never allowed breaks except 1/2 hr lunch
poor management
Billing Rep Cash Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 27, 2016
watch your back, co workers decide if you stay or go. Upper management does not communicate with you, so you think you are doing well, then they let you go because co workers don't like you I call this discrimination. I feel the coworkers at conifer can be very jealous for what you can bring into the work place, especially if you are well experienced and the coworkers are not friendly as I think they feel their job is threatened. It is sad when your attendance is excellent and your job performance is great and management does not see this as it matters what the coworkers feel. In this case the management has no BACK BONE. (are they managers) not if the coworkers run the dept. If the CEO of Conifer has any idea what is going on that new employees are discriminated against. I hope there would be changes. I will be filing an complaint to the BBB
Pros
wages are good
Cons
co-workers decide if you stay.
Management need to keep it professional and stop favoritism
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 21, 2016
The job itself is not rocket science, it is simple but depends on who is your supervisor you get the benefits to keep your records clean or if they do not like you as a person they would use micromanagement instead. Unfortunately they do take it to a personal level. They always tell you they saw you doing these or that but the supervisor and managers cover each other back to the point to have a person on the floor to tell on you, in other words to write down time you get up and time you came back from coffee for lunch or from the restroom. They pretty much expect you to produce like a supervisor without any support, since the supervisor or manager listen to you and have a response that make you feel you are in kindergarten or something like "we have that rule set up all across the board" so we are not going to change anything even when we heard employees are having issues, struggle with the new and higher standards but getting pay the same for the last 5 years. No humility to recognize any mistake or to help anybody if is new employee. Management just want to be left it alone, they are not as professional as the company wants to because HR never follows through when an employee is getting treated unfairly therefore they let all kind of gossips go around as long they get pay and get promoted they made sure to cover there mistakes calling it a team player.
Pros
Flexible schedule, approved paid time off.
Cons
Favoritism, unprofessional creating a hostile work enviroment
Terrible management
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 21, 2016
Management is aweful. They are rude and disrespectful, micro managing is a huge thing in this company. Management watches your every move.
Cons
Micro-management
Poor interview
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 21, 2016
I was interviewed by a woman that had everything written on a piece of paper. She didn't seem focused on creating a productive interviewI. Before I left she had me answer a question and write the answer on a paper. If a co. bases their candidates in that manner, then I don't care how much they offer, I won't offer my service !
Poor interviewer, only benefit was that I practiced my meeting with her for the next interview. At a better company ! I would not recommend this Co. , she confided that she was behind in her dept. The "sucker" that gets the job, will have to clean UP THE MESS !
I saw employees wearing baseball hats and t shirts. Other females in leggings and sandals, I thought I was at the beach taking a walk. So, if that's corporate culture, then I am lucky to be far from it !
Nice place to work
Certified Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 21, 2016
Management issues were on going and this was always a conflict with the staff. Overall I enjoyed the company and the people I worked with. I learned a lot during my time with Conifer and I feel that I have taken a great deal of experience with me inmoving forward in my HIM career.
Confusing and stressful work environment
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 20, 2016
Conifer is a contracted Revenue Cycle company for various entities. Therefore my remarks outside of the HR representative stem from on-site experience and do not represent Conifer Health Solutions as a whole.
The Human Resources Department is located in Texas and assigns a singular representative to multiple sites. The HR representative did not support the leadership staff and "cherry picked" policies that were to be enforced. There was no formal training or resource materials for staff to reference; training in general was inadequate. Upper leadership lacked organization and direction and the environment was extremely hostile.
Pros
Company's pay scale/ rate
Cons
Leadership, lack of organization and inconsistency from Human Resource department
I was only a temporary employee.
Cash Posting (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 20, 2016
Could not give a good rating per say, due to the fact I was a temporary employee. I enjoyed working with my initial supervisor and manager.
Rude management and co-workers
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Encino, CaliforniaJuly 18, 2016
They never appreciate any one and their efforts and contributions. I gave it my 150% and it was never good enough for my Supervisor. I was promised a rate adjustment (not an annual raise), that would have made my salary equal to what others were making for the exact same job position, however it was an ongoing promise for over 2 years which never came to fruition, therefore I left. Anyway, I found out from another employee who was from the same Employment Agency, that she was making more per hour, (and producing less than me) for the exact same job in the same department. Another employer I would strongly advise to stay away from.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Less than lousy bosses, very poor employee benefits.
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2016
This is a Great job with nice people and a fun place to work. Short breaks, and training can use attention.Co-workers are like family that can actually work together. Benefits are good. Management team is awesome.
managemet in need of iprovement
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
Management lacks the ability to provide employees with the proper tools or equipment to perform tasks efficiently
coworkers are pleasant to work with, however there is a general feeling that management to not have the workers well being as a concern.
fast pace work yet enjoyable work eniviornment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  University of LouisvillleJuly 11, 2016
great coworkers real team players most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people everyday ive learned so much about insurance within these last copule of years
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
shorts breaks low pay
Patient Service Center, Patient Caller Rep II (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 11, 2016
Great company which is growing rapidly lots of opportunity. everyone is like a family. Nice building which cafeteria where they cook lots of different foods so there are many options. pretty good benefit package.
Pros
cafeteria and starbucks in building
Cons
30 minute lunches
Building I worked in had Bed Bugs
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2016
Management is terrible. My first day of work I literally had to google the address of where I was going because my recruiter would not respond to my calls. There is no training, other than sitting behind someone and watching what they were doing. After 5 months my department finally got a manager but he threw us all under the bus. I was written up after I was assigned a project to complete by adding codes to 6000 accounts with in two weeks. I asked if I could sit out of meetings to complete my project, I asked for help to complete the project but instead they just assigned it to someone else and I was wrote up for not attending meetings. This company is awful and it's not worth the pay or your time.
Pros
30min grace period to arrive at work
Cons
dirty building, bed bugs, management, HR
conifer and Phoenix health plan are the same, conifer purchased PHP
Special Projects Coding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2016
the same as Phx health plan. i enjoyed the work and the people but management changed monthly and the culture was not as great as before the acquisitions.
great coworkers
Outpatient Scheduling Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 30, 2016
I enjoy all of my coworkers, I work manageable hours, but I wish the pay was higher in comparison to other places in my area.
Horrible Place to Work, Boca Raton Fl
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 29, 2016
Management only cares about quotas! Quantity not quality should be there mission statement. Very clicky, not friendly. Backstabbing everywhere!!!
Cons
great experience with a interesting work enviroment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 24, 2016
A typical work day can vary, there are days that you might be multi tasking four to five different situations at once for example, if you are working at bed control your duties are to complete all orders throughout the hospital in a timely manner. Register all trauma patients that come to our trauma room, answer all inbound calls. I've learned so much working for this company, such as team work mutli tasking, communicating, being more ambitious, also working in a constant busy environment. My coworkers are awesome we work well as a team to get the job done under any circumstance. The hardest part about the job is controlling your emotions so you will not get attached to the patients. The most enjoyable part about the job is helping others get to better health.
Pros
great eniviroment
Cons
unorganized
Terrible Business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2016
I was a contractor and was very excited to start this job. Training was horrible to have one week class room with a trainer then the next week it is a virtual training. Who does this? Conifer is full of contract workers who assignment can end at any given time. The sad part is people lives have been turned upside down because Conifer decides to end the assignment!! Something must be done about this!!!! I hope whoever see this review never except a job from Conifer in St.Ann , Mo. I will never recommend Conifer to anyone!!!
Cons
Great place to work if you plan on having a career on the telephone
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJune 22, 2016
Going to work every day I knew that when I arrived the first thing I would do would be to listen to all of the messages. Even though we would get most calls that came through our office sometimes we would miss a couple and that was my other job was to return those calls back.
Pros
Cash bonuses, Great Healthcare insurance
Cons
Alot of co-workers

2.8