Conifer Health Solutions

Conifer Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Encino, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Great company with okay benefits.. its a big company of about 200 employees or more. Tons of calls in the customer service dept .
Do Not work here
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Conifer VBC is not a good place to work. Management is clueless as to what is actually happening. Directors dictate and supervisors do nothing but hover and force overtime. Claims has a serious backlog issue and farms work out to India with no training resulting in incorrect claims processing which then creates additional work and backlog on the adjustments.
Quantity over quality for the sake of compliance and they remain non compliant with a very high error rate.
VP claims to have a plan which is why I took the job. However, the "plan" does not exist and the entire claims area from examiners to auditors is out of control. Staff has been on mandatory overtime for more than two years.
Extremely frustrating work environment. Supervisors work in an open environment and are expected to work on sensitive issues with no privacy.
Pros
Benefits are just OK
I love my job
Financial Advocate (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 30, 2016
The only thing I would change is the rate in which you accrue PTO. You don't even earn a full day per month. I have never struggled so much to earn PTO for vacation. If I have to take time off for a doctors appointment then I normally will just work over my 8 hours the rest of the week to make up for it.

I love working at Conifer and I genuinely enjoy my job. As with any job, there are people I would rather not work with but as an adult you just have to deal with it.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Slow PTO accrual
workaholics
Coder II (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 25, 2016
Mandatory overtime for the past 2 months....7 days a week. Unrealistic expectations for productivity. Minimal training. They consider a one-hour phone call your "training", throw the job aid at you and send you on your way.
They also did not live up to many of the things we were promised (CUEs reimbursed, coding books provided for us, AAPC membership dues reimbursed, etc).
Pros
great benifits
Cons
see above
the people are great
Compliance Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 25, 2016
An intensive work environment. Learned to work more intensively with Excel and do searches on excel. Also meet the demands of external consultants and expectations. Co-workers were helpful and resourceful. The most enjoyable part of the position was the fun filled meetings
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
meeting preparations
very negative
Revenue Cycle Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 17, 2016
very negative environment. out source a lot and lay off. very unstable. Changes processes and then changes them back again.
great place to work
Physician Services AR Rep3 (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 14, 2016
This is a great place to work. Employees that work here have convenience of onsite Starbucks and a multi cultural cafe. I love working here but looking for new job due to department closing.
I am presently the only employee in the CHI St Vincent Medical Records office
Health Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ARJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day at the office is to gather all the charts from ER, surgery, outpatient and in-patient. I then prep all the charts for scanning. I also handle faxes for records from doctors offices. I handle Quality Assurance on scanned charts. Periodically there will be some patients that come in for their records.
Company has changed and not for the good
director (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 20, 2015
Company has change and is not following its core values. Many senior leader are leaving the company as there is no work life balance.
Productive and very friendly co workers
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYDecember 20, 2015
I work the main front desk for all Out Patients. I am in charge of greeting patients and making sure they are happy and being taken care of. I register patients for any tests they are having. I make sure all paper work is filled out properly and in the correct bin. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the patients. Knowing that each of them are here for being sick, I always try to make their days better. Even if I have made one patient smile I know I have done my job that day. Not all patients are as friendly as others, which makes it very difficult at times.
Favoritism Much?
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 10, 2015
This place is a horrible. New people one of which I referred at a higher pay then their loyal employees. The supervisors do nothing but walk around and talk and sit in the managers office when you really need them. When the call flow is high they take away your first break which you really need because the place is upside backwards. The supervisors DO NOT get on the phone when the volumes are high instead they hover around pressuring you to get off the call and take the other asap. They also have high favoritism toward certain people but tell others they can't do things. Not to mention, they are totally unorganized and bend the rules for certain people. This place has no type of organization and the supervisors have no type of backbone for their employees. There are two women who do call quality and they are so inconsistent on what they want to mark you off for. One of which is so rude, most if not all employees have complained about her and management does nothing but says "we know" instead of getting her out. Also there is a supervisor that is so passive aggressive and rude but again nothing is done.
Fellow employees are the best at this location
Self Pay Collector (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 9, 2015
Normally the day goes smooth. However Technical difficulties prevented you from doing your job correctly and in a timely manner. Management was horrible. The hardest part of the job is walking on eggshells around management
Only a number
Coder (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILDecember 9, 2015
Massive restructuring underway. 2 top managers walked out with no notice. Employees mandated overtime. Email works when it wants to, is not reliable. Size of email box is ridiculously small.

Former SPi employees raved at the care and working environment, when the merge happened, it all went downhill and is accelerating rapidly. There is room to advance, but why would one want to?

Vacation accrual for new employees is hideous, well, well below nationwide standards for healthcare. Health insurance is relatively cheap if you have a Conifer facility near, unfortunately most of us don't.

Pay is fair, maybe a bit low considering the spike in salaries over the past few years. We get generic upper management emails saying stay the course, stay focused, etc. What would mean more is just a basic thank you, from any layer of management. Send a bonus, a gift card, etc. It seems like management just doesn't care. We can't even get responses to our email with questions anymore.

Every employee on the coding level I've talked to is in the market for new employment. What a shame....
Pros
low cost benefits
Cons
very little vacation time, non supportive management
Ok place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNDecember 2, 2015
Vacation is not so good but paid holidaus. Some staff can pick their own hours and start times. IT staff has no IT experience or degree. There is favoritism and no career growth.
Pros
Flexible hours for some
Cons
plenty of room for improvements
your co-workers
Account resolution specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 1, 2015
wonderful environment everyone gets along no work drama. they celebrate birthdays by decorating desk. and management walks around and share a good morning everyday
Cons
no excused absences wheather due to court or health related instances
Save your time dont work here
patient access (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 18, 2015
I had worked for this company for 4 yrs in the ER Dept and 3 other aresa before finally getting out which was the best thing I did. In the 4 years I was there we changed from CHI to Conifer and when that happened it got worse. They do not care about their employees, they lie constantly, the managers in patient access play favoritism, if they don't like you they will set you up to find a way to fire you or force you to leave, they will spread made up rumors about you. They don't know how to do the schedule correctly, you often don't get breaks if you do it's way beyond time where your due for one. You cant go about your direct manager because they are best friends so you have no one to go to at all. The conifer/tenet company is not local you can never get a hold of anyone in HR or payroll. They don't respond to calls or emails for weeks if not longer. if you ever need FMLA or Maturity leave good luck that will be one heck of a battle and take forever so you better start that process as early as you can. Most people that work there work for their biggest competitor for a reason. Take the warnings save yourself the heartache do not work for this so called "top 100 companies " because they are far from that.
Cons
To long of a list
A really nice place to work
Mary Connor/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 14, 2015
I have worked for conifer for 3+ years and I still enjoy working for conifer. I need more experience to become a coder, so I am looking for a coder 1 position. Conifer does not have a coder 1 position open in my area.
Unproductive, resistant to change
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 8, 2015
Management has forced out both long time employees, and innovative young employees. Pay is not in line with industry standards, and department heads run their departments like dictators. I am expected to be available to work 24/7.
Pros
Frequent employee events
Cons
Good company to work for, but poor management
Insurance Follow-up Representative (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 5, 2015
I truly enjoyed my work there, but was disappointed by the lack of communication and consistency. It was very difficult to get questions answered, and this was in part due to constantly changing requirements of the client we were working for. I worked there as a contract-to-hire employee, and during my time there I suffered an enormous personal loss (death in the family) and loss of time from work as a result. I was never informed until literally the day my agency called me and told me not to come back the next day that there had been ANY problems with my performance. In fact, that very day, I had been talking to my manager about working on a special project. I had genuinely been looking forward to becoming a permanent employee and had never been given any reason to believe I would not be, either from the company itself or from my recruiter. During my seven months there, there was NO performance feedback of any kind. In addition, training was rushed and extremely inconsistent.

Now for some positive things to say. We enjoyed a casual work environment and some nice perks (could wear jeans every day, lunch catered in once a week). Once you were trained, you were allowed to work at your own pace, provided you met productivity requirements.
Pros
Lunch catered, casual environment
Cons
Inconsistency, poor communication
Nothing to say
Sr. Patient Account Rep Emerging Clients (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXNovember 4, 2015
Decent amount of red tape and politics, overall decent place to work
pretty supportive management, not all about the numbers, some what concerned with personally growth and development...
Pros
Great People
Cons
Low Pay