Conifer Health

Conifer Health Employer Reviews

very serious work place,
Electronic Biller (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: set expectations, no guessing
typical day: 200 minimum claim goal
management was very supportive
Contract Employer
Charge Master Mgr/RAC Coordinator/Bill Analyzer (Former Employee), Richmond, INFebruary 10, 2014
This company was just my contract employer for Reid Hospital.
A high energy and unpredictable job
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: co-workers, nurses i work with, benefits package
Cons: management, pay, location of job
A typical day starts of by coming in and clocking in and opening all the programs needed for the day. Now wait till patients show up and you register them so they can be seen by the doctor and taken care of by the nurses in the department. When they have seen a doctor you go into the room and get all their personal information. Then get the patient – more... to sign all the paperwok needed and ask for their ID and insurance card. Then go back to desk and update their information in Patient Access and verify their insuarnce make sure it is still eligible or not. After the patient has seen the doctor I go ask for any payment that is required at the time of service. The you tell them thank you for coming to our hospital and we wish the best of luck on their recovery.I learned that you always have to be moving and be able to adapt to any situation that comes your way. The management is okay at conifer especially where I work at not exceptional how It could be. I love my co workers you get close to them they become good friends.The hardest part of the job is dealing with management that does not care about their employees just care about the numbers. The best part of the job is the co workers and the unpredictable nature of the job. – less
Was a good company to work for great salary and benefits
Insurance Verifier (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 9, 2013
Was a good company to work for great salary and benefits would work for then again.
think before you change
Case Manager (Former Employee), FLNovember 20, 2013
Pros: work at home
Cons: management want you to work off the clock!
Micro management, no real answers to questions.
Require to work all of Holidays and with out additional NO COMPENSATION , AKA HOLIDAY PAY...really!!!!

This grass is very brown here

most of the employee's are scared of being fired so they will put up with management's demands ..
good place to work but need new software to correct problems that have occurred
BPI Analyst (Current Employee), Frisco, TXNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: career advancement lacking
Conifer Health Solutions is a revenue cycle management, value base care and patient communications business. I Developed and maintained workflow logic with Center for Patient Access (CPAS) databases. This includes: researching workflow tickets
I enjoyed Working at Conifer Health.
Support Services / Customer Services (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 17, 2013
Conifer Health in Alpharetta is now closed. I enjoyed working at Conifer Health.
Over 25 years of experience in the health care, collecting dolphins
Patient Financial Advocate (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: 401k
Cons: medical benefits with high medical insurance deductibles and pharmacy copayments
Independent, Hardworking, Detail oriented, Multi-tasking, work independently, knowledgeable, meet deadlines, excellent customer service, communication skills and team player.

Review chart notes to determine disability condition qualification
for Dshs application or Charity application.
Serve as financial patient advocate for Self Pay patients.
Work – more... independently and team work with co-workers.

Chart review for disabling condition criteria.

I enjoy working directly with patients. – less
Allows for employees the opportunity to relocate within the company within 80 cities
APC Specialist (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: employee benefits in healthcare
Cons: conifer has a lot of protocol and processes that need to be established within departments
Typical day would include consulting the hospital's charge departments and coders on correct coding guidelines.

What I learned is that hospital employee turnover creates additional work for our department because there are no consistent protocols or processes for the next employees to adhere to.

Management is minimal ... this is a self-governed position

Co-workers – more... are self-governed ... no real issues

The hardest part of the job is when regulations of charges change from the government such as ICD-10 changes and the departments are not ready to implement the changes or the insurance companies may not have completed their due diligence and rejects accounts that are correct.

The most enjoyable part would be that the job is self-governed – less
Very Productive and they will hire anyone without experience.
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: energetic, organized
Cons: no breaks or lunch
Very very busy, the position is open 24 hurs with non stop registration.

I have learned various different word processing systems, Invision, Patient Access, PBAR, PeriCalm, PeriBirth, and Rightbed applications.

Always an open door, will take time out to listen, open to changes within the department.

Excellent teamplayers

Answering those phones

Helping – more... the Staffing directors with the patients – less
Very stressful
PATIENT ACCESS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2013
Very stressful workplace that is very short-staffed. A typical day at work consists of dealing with anywhere from 100 - 300 patients. The hardest part of the job is not being able to go home at your specified time, and having to deal with using too many systems and having a bulk load of paperwork. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you're – more... going through all these difficulties to provide an excellent service to the patients. – less
It's a good company to work for
Scheduler/ Physician Referral/Survey Interviewer (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 1, 2012
Pros: variety
Cons: more training
I like interacting with the patients. The job makes you feel like your accomplishing something.
Productive and challenging!
AR Collector & Follow-up (Former Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 21, 2012
Learned front-end and back-end on accounts receivable and unresolved patient accounts. Collecting and following-up with commercial health plans is a challenging job.
Super co-workers and local management.
Outpatient Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Butte, MTJuly 24, 2012
Not a bad place to work, personally I am not the type of person who enjoys working in a hospital
Productive and fun place to work, lot of chance for advancement.
Medicare AR Rep/Cash Acceleration Team (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 1, 2012
Pros: productivity bonuses, free luncheons, pto time and awesome benefits
The company likes to make it a fun and enjoyable place to work. Incentive bonuses are offered if we meet goal for bring cash in and reducing A/R. Lots of opportunities to do outside volunteer work. Suggestions for better process is always welcome, and the company care about it's employees.
Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee), Saint Ann, MOApril 28, 2012
Working here has given me knowledge of the "billing" process once a patient is discharged from the hospital; er, outpatient, and inpatient. And, I enjoy learning all aspects of the Revenue Cycle/Patient Accounts.

About Conifer Health

Patients first; it is at the center of your hospital's mission to provide quality care and the reason behind everything we do – Read more