CONIFER PARK Employee Reviews

Great Palce to Work
Addiction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYOctober 14, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my time at Conifer Park. I worked with a great team of people who really care about eac hother. The population is diverse that you get to work with.
Challenging but exceptionally rewarding career move
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYOctober 2, 2017
Some of the most compassionate people I've met work here - they would be OK with being out of a job if it meant the eradication of addiction. This is a culture of embracing second chances and it starts at the top – from the owners, to the CEO, to the leadership team and the employees. This field is tough – one that can burn you out if you let it which is why there is such a generous time off benefit. It doesn’t come without it’s challenges – there is a bit of “because we’ve always done it that way”, but the CEO and Leadership team are willing to listen and try new ideas if it benefits our patients or employees. Although Conifer Park was not on my 5-year plan, I can’t imagine being anywhere else – here you can make a difference.
Pros
Amazing CEO, Great Leadership Team, Compassionate Employees, Incredible Time Off, Discounted meals
Cons
Tough field
Difficult and demanding
Provider (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYSeptember 13, 2017
Does not compensate providers appropriately. Hours change often. Weekends and holidays required
No permanency with medical and nursing staff.
Patients can be difficult and very demanding
Can be difficult place to work.
Addiction Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYAugust 7, 2017
Can be very hard place to work. Between management and clients, the morale is very low. Co-workers are terrific and so are some of the client experiences.
dangerous
Addiction Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYMay 30, 2017
I spent a lot of time as the only worker on a unit of 23-26 clients at a time. If anything went wrong you needed to radio for help and pray your batteries worked. No increase in pay the entire 3 years i was there although my reponsibilities tripled.
Pros
earnest workers with real empathy for clients
Cons
little if any protection against violence
just an intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYApril 14, 2017
just an intern, do not know much about salary or anything else. The overall experience was good, I learned a lot but again that is only what I was there for. If offered I would take a job here.
Very Bad Experience
Evening Counselor (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYMarch 19, 2017
My biggest complaint was that we were not supplied materials for groups. I was inexperienced and there was no guidance for conducting groups. I worked second shift and rarely ever saw management. Always understaffed. They tried to fill in all the time with per diem employees who would not work a full shift so that left full timers working alone quite often. The building was filthy, peeling paint and wall paper, missing and stained ceiling tiles, most of the furnishings were broken. They did make some attempt to clean the place up. Would not recommend eating their food, I got sick and vomited a few times within an hour or so of eating dinner. Brought my own after. High staff turnover, management insensitive to employee needs. There tended to be conflict among staff that I would say was caused by overall lack of leadership by management and certain employees would overstep their bounds because no one was watching them. The other problem was that this field tends to attract those that are in recovery themselves and are not exactly healthy. There were quite often patients who were disruptive and probably should have been removed but clinical management overlooked it. It was unfortunate because a few ruined the treatment experience for others. Patients often arrived with nothing and the facility made no effort to help provide basics like soap, toothbrush and shampoo. I ended up digging into my own pocket to provide some of these things. The facility actually charged for use of washer and dryer. This place has a lot of problems and they never seem to learn from their mistakes.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed
Good Pay and benefits
LPN (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYSeptember 14, 2016
Patients can be very difficult here but the job is not physically demanding and it pays well with alot of Paid time off from the union
Pros
paid time off, overtime
Cons
mandation and staffing can be an issue
Summary
Addiction Technician (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYMay 3, 2016
The interaction with our patient's is amazing. You meet wonderful people and have the change to impact their life on the first step of the journey.
Conifer Park
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at work includes greeting my employees and having conversations about their day, while setting up the food line, and preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner. depending what shift I have. I've learned that you have to be able to multi task, be patient,friendly and able to work with diversity. The hardest part about my day would be the night shift because we have to have everything cleaned, and set up for the morning shift. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to interact and have small talk with the patients making sure they are doing okay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare
a great workplace and experience
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYJanuary 19, 2016
it was a great experience. I was treated with respect and high esteem. I learned people skills, new ways of doing my job more efficiently. the hardest part of the job was pleasing the patients taste's in food while they were going through withdrawal from drugs and alcohol.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
i cant think of anything bad
Not bad to start off
Addiction Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I worked for Conifer Park for almost 2 years. The team of employees that I worked with were amazing, and I think there are many staff members that truly do care about the patients and what they do there.
Management, however, does not. There have been many times when I would report to my manager about issues within my building that needed to be corrected, and they were never even addressed. Myself, along with several other co-workers, had also asked to be supplied with updated education material because the materials we had been using were very outdated. Although we were told we would receive newer issues, we never did.
Certain members of management absolutely should not be in a position of authority and do not have the ability to conduct themselves as such. There are times when individuals will be understaffed, and management will not provide any assistance to find coverage or assist the staff member.

Also, advancement opportunities are far and few, and getting ahold of HR to advance yourself is a joke. Also, it is important to document everything you hand to HR, because they have a tendency of losing the documents as well as lying as to when you are able to use paid time off and which kind of time you can use.
Pros
Experience in the field, decent pay, excellent co-workers
Cons
Management, Hr
Case Manager & Addiction tech
Addiction Tech and Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenville NYAugust 11, 2015
Work is busy. the enviornment is marginal. the facility could be a bit cleaner. I would say the room for growth is there. However, it seems to be on who you know.
Pros
Learning oppurtunities
Cons
Hard to get into position that your qualified for because of union.
Very busy, new management working on improving overall organization of company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 28, 2015
To understaffed. To unorganized. To many employees with to many things to say. Management is not fair on their decisions or how they go about making them.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
Unorganized big time.
Conifer Park to me
Glens Falls, Substance Abuse Counselor CIT (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls NYApril 25, 2015
A typical day at work is clocking in. Spend the next hour getting materials together so I can teach a three hour group. After group I write group notes and then leave. Most of my co-workers are nice but we have no friendships. The hardest part of the job is coming up with good material to teach the clients. The most enjoyable part is teaching the group.
Pros
Good hours and great responsibility
Cons
Not a lot of hours
a interesting place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glenville, New YorkMarch 9, 2015
An interesting challenging place to work, Fluid fast paced environment. Clients can be difficult. However your actions, thoughts, deeds and Behavioral here does make a difference. A great place to work for mid career nurses.
Pros
great staff supportive management
Cons
must be aware of the challenges of mental illness and substance abuse clients
Large Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Organization
Asst. Director of Outpatient Operations Regional (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work was busy. A lot of crisis management and traveling from meeting to meeting along the way. There were never enough hours in a day. I learned a lot about managing operations of OASAS certified programs. Management could have been more supportive along the way. Co-workers were diverse. The hardest part of the job was balancing job and life. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who needed help and support to get well and be successful in their own lives.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Management could have been more supportive along the way
enjoyable
Registered Nurse/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 8, 2014
enjoyable work environment and great team to work with. Long shifts but there is often down time. Like all jobs, some days are busier than others.
like a assembly line
Medical billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYSeptember 15, 2014
not personal,,,,management is poor.....not happy environment
Pros
Cons
million cons
Learned life-long customer service skills
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYMay 27, 2014
Challenging but rewarding place to work with a lot of growth opportunity.