CONIFER PARK Employee Reviews

Summary
Addiction Technician (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYMay 3, 2016
The interaction with our patient's is amazing. You meet wonderful people and have the change to impact their life on the first step of the journey.
Conifer Park
Dietary (Current Employee) –  Glenville, NYFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at work includes greeting my employees and having conversations about their day, while setting up the food line, and preparing breakfast, lunch, or dinner. depending what shift I have. I've learned that you have to be able to multi task, be patient,friendly and able to work with diversity. The hardest part about my day would be the night shift because we have to have everything cleaned, and set up for the morning shift. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to interact and have small talk with the patients making sure they are doing okay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare
a great workplace and experience
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYJanuary 19, 2016
it was a great experience. I was treated with respect and high esteem. I learned people skills, new ways of doing my job more efficiently. the hardest part of the job was pleasing the patients taste's in food while they were going through withdrawal from drugs and alcohol.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
i cant think of anything bad
Not bad to start off
Addiction Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYJanuary 6, 2016
I worked for Conifer Park for almost 2 years. The team of employees that I worked with were amazing, and I think there are many staff members that truly do care about the patients and what they do there.
Management, however, does not. There have been many times when I would report to my manager about issues within my building that needed to be corrected, and they were never even addressed. Myself, along with several other co-workers, had also asked to be supplied with updated education material because the materials we had been using were very outdated. Although we were told we would receive newer issues, we never did.
Certain members of management absolutely should not be in a position of authority and do not have the ability to conduct themselves as such. There are times when individuals will be understaffed, and management will not provide any assistance to find coverage or assist the staff member.

Also, advancement opportunities are far and few, and getting ahold of HR to advance yourself is a joke. Also, it is important to document everything you hand to HR, because they have a tendency of losing the documents as well as lying as to when you are able to use paid time off and which kind of time you can use.
Pros
Experience in the field, decent pay, excellent co-workers
Cons
Management, HR
Case Manager & Addiction tech
Addiction Tech and Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenville NYAugust 11, 2015
Work is busy. the enviornment is marginal. the facility could be a bit cleaner. I would say the room for growth is there. However, it seems to be on who you know.
Pros
Learning oppurtunities
Cons
Hard to get into position that your qualified for because of union.
Very busy, new management working on improving overall organization of company
LPN (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYApril 28, 2015
To understaffed. To unorganized. To many employees with to many things to say. Management is not fair on their decisions or how they go about making them.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
Unorganized big time.
Conifer Park to me
Glens Falls, Substance Abuse Counselor CIT (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls NYApril 25, 2015
A typical day at work is clocking in. Spend the next hour getting materials together so I can teach a three hour group. After group I write group notes and then leave. Most of my co-workers are nice but we have no friendships. The hardest part of the job is coming up with good material to teach the clients. The most enjoyable part is teaching the group.
Pros
Good hours and great responsibility
Cons
Not a lot of hours
a interesting place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Glenville, New YorkMarch 9, 2015
An interesting challenging place to work, Fluid fast paced environment. Clients can be difficult. However your actions, thoughts, deeds and Behavioral here does make a difference. A great place to work for mid career nurses.
Pros
great staff supportive management
Cons
must be aware of the challenges of mental illness and substance abuse clients
Large Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Organization
Asst. Director of Outpatient Operations Regional (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYNovember 13, 2014
A typical day at work was busy. A lot of crisis management and traveling from meeting to meeting along the way. There were never enough hours in a day. I learned a lot about managing operations of OASAS certified programs. Management could have been more supportive along the way. Co-workers were diverse. The hardest part of the job was balancing job and life. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people who needed help and support to get well and be successful in their own lives.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Management could have been more supportive along the way
enjoyable
Registered Nurse/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYOctober 8, 2014
enjoyable work environment and great team to work with. Long shifts but there is often down time. Like all jobs, some days are busier than others.

Want to know more about CONIFER PARK?

Ask a question
like a assembly line
Medical billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYSeptember 15, 2014
not personal,,,,management is poor.....not happy environment
Pros
Cons
million cons
Learned life-long customer service skills
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYMay 27, 2014
Challenging but rewarding place to work with a lot of growth opportunity.
Very difficult place to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYNovember 23, 2013
You have to be a strong person to work in a drug rehab. Very mentally and physically challenging.
Pros
Has a union.
Cons
Staff and patients could be difficult to work with and around.
Not what I thought it would be
Addictions Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYOctober 8, 2013
I loved working here, only because of the people I was able to help. As long as you're left alone to run your unit it's fine.
Nursing Dept.
LPN (Current Employee) –  GlenvilleMarch 30, 2013
Balanced place to work. Management is open to suggestions. Most issues like everywhere else is the budget. For the most part , staff genuinely cares. We are a growing team. It's not the perfect place to work but where will you find that? Great benefits.
Pros
benefits, team work
Cons
it can be extra busy finding it difficult to take a break .
union shop, great benefits
Counselor (Former Employee) –  LiverpoolJanuary 9, 2013
Great place to work, th3 outpatient setting is a lot different from the inpatient.
Pros
union
Cons
fast environment
Fast paced
Addiction Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYDecember 7, 2012
Working with Patients detoxing from controlled substances. I monitored 30 patients bothe male and female of all ages. Management was always friendly and respectful. I had wonderful coworkers who I miss very much. The hardest part of the job was that it was too far and sometimes emotionally draining. The most enjoyable part was the my coworker and clients they made it worth it.
Pros
free lunches, fast paced, paid well
Cons
seemed like i was there more than i was home
great place to work
Crisis Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYSeptember 15, 2012
great place to work, diverse...busy. i would have stayed if i did not have to move.
stay away
Overnight Tech (Former Employee) –  glenville nyAugust 20, 2012
I worked there for 7 years and i saw everything. there are no raises and management will force you to work doubles. Turnover is extremely high and the patients they accept are the bottom of the barrel with extreme mental issues. the only good thing about this place is you get decent health care. other than that stay away.
Pros
health care
Cons
everything else.
crisis detox
Crisis Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYJuly 13, 2012
so much to learn and exciting please. great enviroment for who like fast pace work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONIFER PARK. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6