ConMed Corporation

ConMed Corporation Employer Reviews

Ripe for a buyout
Area Director of Sales- Eastern USA (Former Employee), Utica, NYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: or marketplace can be exciting
Cons: constant restructuring
Considering the recent announcements that the company wishes to be purchased/consolidated, it would be a difficult move for anyone considering a career in sales management. Recent changes at the top may help improve the culture. Me too type products in most cases.
Challenging yet rewarding work, with valuable work experience
Certified Nursing Assistant and Medical Technician (Current Employee), Centreville, MDJuly 15, 2014
•Provide medical technician and nursing assistant services at a detention center.
•Care includes: medication administration and monitoring for effect, medical screening for new intakes, triaging medical needs, and providing emergency care when needed.
just okay
LPN (Former Employee), RVAJune 20, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: worst management ever
great place to work until conmend took over. everyhting went downhill. care. morale. security.
Advancement
Mental Health Coordinator (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJune 17, 2014
offers a lot of experience to enhance clinical/psychiatric knowledge for social workers looking to get involved in psychiatric treatment
The People and Environment Are Great
Supply Chain (Current Employee), Centennial, COJune 16, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule; positive work environment
Cons: no chance for advancement; no job security
I spent some time with ConMed as a contractor, and I really enjoyed my tenure there. The overall work environment was very pleasant and most of my co-workers were polite and professional.

The management at this facility is well-informed and really seems to know what is going on around them.

The products manufactured at this facility are being moved – more... to Mexico, so there is/was no chance of advancement or job security.

Sometimes I would experience the occassional bad attitude from someone for that very reason, but overall, it's a good place to work. – less
A great place to work.
CRA (Former Employee), Largo, FLMay 13, 2014
Pros: many. a great place to work.
Cons: i have no cons.
This corporation is a wonderful place to work. The environment is positive and the company strives to take care of their employees. The benefits were good and the management personnel frequently interacted with non-management to keep an open line of ideas and rapport.
Experience
Clinic Nurse (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 2, 2014
Pros: shift
My overall experience with the company was great. enjoyed management and my position.
Expect very passive - aggressive attitudes
Commodity Analyst (Former Employee), Largo, FLApril 30, 2014
Pros: the cafeteria is subsidized by the company, meals are inexpensive.
Cons: negativity, change is impossible
Conmed is a mediocre company, struggling with brand recognition. People in Operations are trained to be passive - aggressive: they agree with you in meetings then back stab and criticize behind your back. New employees are treated like dirt in Operations. Hopefully they will be sold and the "relationships" will stop being so important and performance – more... will become most important. I don't see that happening under the current EVP of Operations Mark Snyder. – less
learned something new every day
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 20, 2014
dispense medication, sick calls, blood draws, dressing changes
RULES THAT CAN KILLL
CNC (Former Employee), Largo,FLApril 12, 2014
Pros: setting up new jobs usually take 60-90 minutes. the system they use is pretty good
Cons: too many rules. hiring people with degrees that have nothing to do with occupation.
They have a 3 strike system. 3 strikes in 3 months and your out the door. They are always hiring for cnc machinist. One guy put in for vacation. He turned in a vacation form. they approved it. They fired him because he took 4 days when he only had three days coming to him. He thought he had 5 days. He would have easily paid it back. They lost a good – more... worker. If you sign up for overtime and something came up or if your late, you have to pay the company back for that time.It is also a strike.If you forget to clock in, it is a strike.If you have a tool out of place, you can be wrote up... That is considered a strike. If you are late due to no fault of your own (accident ahead) and you are out of personal time, you will be terminated otherwise you use your personal time if you have any left. Rules are the rules. Bottom line is... if a company is always hiring for a certain position, consider it a red flag. A typical day at work... must be on time always.What I learned... walk on egg shells. The hardest part of the job is making sure I was in compliant every moment and TAKT sheet is completed every hour on the hour. Most enjoyable part of the job... working in a very clean/orderless shop and learn that setting up jobs on lathe and mills can be done in a very short time. Machines are well maintained. – less
Good Company
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Utica, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good training
Cons: pay could have been better
I was afforded the chance to learn a lot of great things with Con-med as well new job skills. I started out as a team lead and later was given training to become an Coordinator of Inventory. Great people and Management.
Not bad for manufacturing
Set-up Operator (Former Employee), Utica, NYMarch 20, 2014
Pay was bad, horrible raises, and was looking to get rid of American employees to make way to hire immigrants that way the gov't. would pay part of the wages.
Global Product Manager (Former Employee), Largo, FLMarch 13, 2014
Pros: decent compensation
Cons: revolving sales force
Typical day at work was untypical. There were often unexpected challenges and changes to plans made for exciting days filled with opportunity.
Productive and security
Specialty (Former Employee), Largo, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: sometimes the company provided lunches.
Cons: only had one ten minute break and a twenty minute lunch.
On most days I had enough work to keep me busy. If there wasn't enough work, I was trained in two other areas in the company. Every two weeks I was given a schedule of what I was suppose to do and always was able to do my job without supervision.
ping pong table
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Utica, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: language barrier
hard to work with people there, they all spoke different languages,
ConMed
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Jessup, MDJanuary 7, 2014
ConMed is a great company to work for. The staff of Conmed and DOC work well with eachother.
Great boss!
Correctional Nurse (Former Employee), Galveston, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: pto
Cons: security
My boss made a difficult work enviornment much more enjoyable.
Exciting and enjoyable working conditions
Clean Room Assembler (Former Employee), Largo, FLDecember 5, 2013
Pros: job stability and wonderful benefit package and salary.
Cons: did not appreciate when a co-worker used short cuts, to get job done instead of doing the job correctly.
Outstanding benefit package as well as working conditions.

I learned to work as a team player. The management team was great, they expected you to do the work you were hired for but did not put excessive pressure or impossible expectations on their staff.
I had wonderful co-workers in a multi-cultural environment. The hardest part of my job was meeting – more... quotas that had to be met each hour. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with people from all different cultures. – less
International /Domestic Customer Representative (Former Employee), Utica, NYOctober 28, 2013
Processed shipments to international clients abroad and domestic clients.
A great company to work for...
Medical Assembler (Former Employee), Largo, FLOctober 17, 2013
It was my first job here in U.S. and it was very challenging in the beginning. It is a very big company where working with the team is essential to have a great finalized product. The management is very encouraging and it helped me to grow not only personally, but professionally as well.

1 2 3

About ConMed Corporation

Doctors and their patients get a charge out of CONMED's surgical equipment. The medical technology company develops and manufactures – Read more