ConMed Corporation Employee Reviews

This was my first experience in selling medical devices, but a great company to start with
Territory Manager, Endosurgery (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2017
I really enjoyed working with a variety of doctor specialities, including General Surgeons, GYN, OBGYN, Bariatric, and GYN Oncologists. It was my stepping stone into the field.
Company struggling to survive
Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 9, 2017
No job security.
Always looking over your shoulder.
Bottom line, hit the number or be gone.
Employees not valued.
Culture is chaotic.
Employee moral all time low.
Pros
Change
Cons
management
Too many chiefs
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 6, 2017
Everyday is a new adventure with management running around afraid of their own shadow. Constant finger pointing among departments trying to blame each other for poor performance.Layoffs every year with expectations of growth with fewer employees.
I'm a quick learner
EDM operator, and Trainer for blade (Former Employee) –  Largo, FL 33773May 17, 2017
I'm a quick learner, and a easy guy to work with. I'm always work heard and love to learn from my coworker. I'm a man that learn from my mistake, and love to ask question if i in need help.
The company offers great benefits.
Quality Technician II (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 9, 2017
I have worked for the company more than a decade and I learned so much about all the requirements, regulations, and procedures that compliances to the FDA. It does have some up and down. I got to know so many people that are nice and resourceful.
Not suitable for me
Documentation Control Intern (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 1, 2017
It was a very uncomfortable corporate environment. There was lots of favoritism and paid interns were not treated the same as other employees. Seems like all work went unnoticed and it was very unorganized. Projects were given before you could finish the first project and there was little direction given so you don't really know what is expected.
see below
Production Scheduler/Planner (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 17, 2017
CONMED was a good company to work for. That was a big part of why I work there for 29 years. All the training I received to become a production / Scheduler was pervided by CONMED. I have a very helpful management system in place doing my time there. The culture there was very team oriented. The hard part of my job was reacting to the constant day to day production changes.I truly enjoy working with most of my coworker some of who I worked with for many years.
Benefits
Cons
Company moving to Mexcio
Ok place to work
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 9, 2017
Was a temp for 21/2 years and no chance to become a permanent employee. Management doesn't care. They pick and choose who they want to hire. U have to suck up to certain people to get hired on. I made a decision and moved on. Was paid less than 10.00 dollars through Kelly Services for the years I was there. Found a new job making over 12.00 and hour.
If u don't need to work there then don't.
Good luck if u are.
Pros
They did away with the free lunches
Cons
Have there picks. They love suck ups. Just saying
Former Employee Quality
Quality Auditor, Receiving Inspection (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 7, 2017
Nice place to work, great learning experience.

Hardest part is worrying about the cut backs without communication to the employees.
Enjoyable part is the people you get to work with.
Pros
I loved working there.
Cons
Lay offs.
Good Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Good company with supportive management. A typical day at work involves calling on physicians and hospitals to grow new business and sitting in cases to assist surgeons during operation.
Review Summary
Plastic processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 27, 2017
A fine place to work filled with supportive and intelligent coworkers helped me to learn and succeed on the job. A healthy working atmosphere that I have always enjoyed.
happy work place
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 12, 2017
People worked in a harmony place. Everyone has a job list to do for normal day. So, they know what they should do. For example, I had to do Kanban first because we have to stop all works related to Kanban before 10:30 P.M. and then I continued to do other work with other people in work place area. Tym, he was my manager, just went around to know that everyone was working and there was no thing wrong happened. That was a good place to work because I felt comfortable there. I got training every 6 months to improve my work.
Pros
free lunch every 3 months, bonus every year
Cons
take a long time to become permanent employee
Was a great place to work. New Management not so great.
Planning (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 12, 2017
3 layoffs in the last year, not a good sign. Also moving manufacturing to Mexico, company trending downward, not a good work atmosphere lately
No opportunity for growth and no respect to employees
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 26, 2017
There is very little or no effort at all to promote employee collaboration and team work. All operating units and individuals are locked inside the silos without any opportunity to learn what the person sitting next to them is actually doing. How my actions affect the rest of the organization, and most importantly how management decisions and behavior affect the company and its employees. These are the questions that are taboo at ConMed. The mission and vision of the organization are not shared and institutional knowledge is not valued. Hard work does not pay off, but they are willing to cover your tuition cost and provide decent healthcare benefits.
Pros
Free lunch once a year, job security
Cons
There is no opportunity for advancement, pay is very low, professional development is not important
Very busy place with lots of opportunity
Senior Tool Room Engineer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 23, 2017
This is a very technically diverse company that had many people that I enjoyed teaming with to accomplish the given tasks. I was able to use my labview skills to great advantage and learn ladder logic and 3d modelling
Pros
Never board, great people
Cons
Usually not enough time to do a complete job
A good Company will always give you the tools to do a good job.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 23, 2016
Good company, with good benefits. Management was always there to help with any issues. Training, was given and they made sure that you had the tools to do your job.
Pros
They Celebrate you
Cons
There is always a bad apple in there somewhere (unhappy employee)
Location Coordination
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTSeptember 12, 2016
Some locations perform their compliance activities differently, but they are proceeding to normalization.The management is top notch and the company is forward thinking.
no room for advancment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 27, 2016
good working conditions but no room for advancment, very short breaks, but they were paid breaks. co workers were great to be around and it made a great working enviroment
Great learning experience
Vice President of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 25, 2016
This was my first "real" job while in college. Shands in a phenomenal system to be a part of. They truly care for the well being of their patients.
this company feed us at the end of every month for a good job we done for the month
filicity coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at work for me start at 3 AM cleaning walking the plant to make sure everything is in place and talking with every department supervisor about the day and get off at 3 PM .
Pros
this is a clean and safe place to work at
Cons
you have a lot of room to grow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConMed Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

ConMed Corporation Reviews by Location