ConMed Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Great management and teamwork
R&D Intern (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 11, 2016
I currently work at this company as an intern. Everyone is extremely friendly, helpful and understanding. I have learned an incredible amount about the medical field, engineering, manufacturing and even some of the economics behind things. There is always new and exciting projects that keep me interested, passing time quickly. There is more paperwork associated with changes and operations that most companies, but I think it is necessary and important due to the nature of the products that are manufactured there. It's enjoyable to leave at the end of the day knowing I had a part of devices that are used to save or improve people's lives.
Pros
Personable management, teamwork, beautiful building
Good overall company to work for.
Quality Conformance Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Denver FacilityMay 11, 2016
Good company to work for. I learned a lot with my time there. Fun energetic people trying to make good quality medical devices.
nice place to work
Design and engineer power control systems (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Need a better upper management that wants to spend money for R and D.
Need to be more up to date with the new technology.
That should be all the information that someone needs.
Pros
nice place to work.
Cons
too much 5's
Conmed is an innovative manufacturer of medical equipment and devices.
Office Assistant/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COFebruary 14, 2016
As the Human Resources Office Assistant my day was busy maintaining personnel, health, and training records. A typical day also included greeting visitors, answering phones, and granting access to the facility. My greatest accomplishment was converting paper personnel files to an electronic filing system and one of the more interesting things I learned was converting and indexing files into a digital format. My managers and co-workers at ConMed Corporation were supportive, friendly, and helpful and I looked forward to working with them every day.
Typical Business
MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 24, 2016
At ConMed nothing was out of the ordinary. Everyone was kind and respectful to eachother and always seemed to reach out and help whenever they can. I personally enjoyed working there and my coworkers were probably the best friends I have ever made.
Pros
Thanksgiving turkeys, possible overtime
Cons
Currently undertaking restructuring and cost reduction measures
Corporate Sales & Operations Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Poor job security due to ongoing restructuring and cost reduction measures.

Promotions based on relationships mainly as opposed to qualifications.
Interesting products in the Medical Manufacturing field.
Master Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 11, 2015
Worked there 25 years and learned a great deal about the Operations and Manufacturing of the products. Wonderful co-workers throughout the company many of whom are professional and personal friends. I enjoyed working there and enjoyed my job.
Pros
Great Benefits
Excellent place of employment and very supportive enviornment
lpn nurse (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORNovember 30, 2015
If I could have spent the rest of my working career at this employment I would have! Supportive staff, supportive management, excellent benefits. There is nothing I could say about this job that is negative. Providers were very helpful and instructional.
Pros
Everything about this job was a PRO
very productive
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 24, 2015
fast paced lots of requirements for production,cleanliness,safety. Learned a lot about medical devices. minimum management. coworkers were helpful. paper work finished product
High performance and rewarding workplace.
Senior Electrical/Mechanical technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 16, 2015
In my 14 plus years at CONMED/Linvatec I learned to work in a high performance environment based on lean manufacturing practices with 5S and Kaizen as its foundation.

The most enjoyable thing for me was working with highly technical equipment in a high performance work-team that specialized in the production of tools in the field of orthopedic medicine. It really felt like I was a significant contribution to a company that was helping doctors and other medical professionals improve the lives of people worldwide.

Although I had some issues with corporate level decisions, the local management of CONMED were a great group of highly intelligent individuals. They and my fellow coworkers were like my second family away from home and by far one of my favorite aspects of the job.

The hardest part of my job was the commute from Spring Hill to Largo I preformed each day, a ~108 mile round trip. But I considered it necessary to work in such an environment where I got to utilize my skills on a daily basis.
Pros
Responsibility, highly technical machines, great people.
Cons
Long commute, some poor upper management decisions.

Want to know more about ConMed Corporation?

Ask a question
N/a
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern USNovember 10, 2015
Worked for the company for over 2 years.
Good Training, good sales reps
Enjoyed working with physicians and nurses promoting, demonstrating, and being in cases to ensure equipment was used properly
Great company to be employed for
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 7, 2015
Working for ConMed has been a great learning experience. Such a great environment for teamwork. The management is inspiring keeps the team involved and focused on the task. The time I have spent with this company really have not found it to put too troubling,
SportsMed Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 5, 2015
Great job culture, environment and team to work with. I worked as a Temp employee during 10 months and enjoy very much my coworkers.......
Co-workers are happy and ready to help each other.
Bulk Traveler (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 29, 2015
Daily work is nearly the same everyday. My job requires to lift heavy stocks up to 50 pounds and move stocks up to 2000 pounds. The rest of the job is put away small stock to the pin or tray and key them to the system using Oracle software. Every three months, we always get a one hour free happy lunch. Co-workers are happy and ready to help each other.
Pros
Every one has one hour free happy lunch every 3 months
Cons
It is difficult to get promotion to higher position.
Good Device Stepping Stone
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 13, 2015
Great addition to my career path in working on therapeutic endoscopic procedures such as ERCP and EUS with GI doctors. Implantable device (stents), capital equipment and disposables has been a well rounded experience.
Pros
good for career growth for someone without device experience
Cons
no new products, territories are too large
Productive and Busy environment
Corporate Contracts Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 20, 2015
I enjoy the company and fellow employees, not very flexible with time for Dr. or appointments (family). Salary increases have not happened in two years.
Electromechanical Assembly Technician II (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJuly 2, 2015
I was able to get good experience as a technician moving on into electrical engineering. Good Place to start. A strong panel of products coming from this electro-surgical company as well.
Pros
Good crew
Cons
Great company to work for, highly recommended
R&D Technician + recieving inspection (Former Employee) –  Utica, nyJune 25, 2015
I have worked for ConMed twice, and they are an awesome employer. I would work for them again in a heartbeat. The only thing is, if you need family time, they don't have very good provisions for accommodation with long time retention in view.
pharmacuetical manufacturing
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  largo flJune 18, 2015
saving the lives of human being is an awesome satifaction, pharmaceutical industry manufacturing something different thats what made me decide to go to the medical field
Productive work place
Mechanical Engineering Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Salem, MAMay 29, 2015
I worked on a design of a concept SolidWorks model. That was a great experience provided by the company. Not that many Interns get to work on new concepts, I'm glad I had that opportunity.

People were very friendly and helpful. Management was very nice to me and helped me and taught me a lot.

ConMed Corporation Reviews by Location