Conn's Home Plus Employee Reviews

Very Friendly and great working enviroment.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 21, 2017
Overall all my experience at Conns Home Plus Was more than pleasant. Very great working environment everyone is very friendly and motivated to make Conns a better place and provide there customers with the best customer service possible
conns home plus
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 20, 2017
conns is a challenging but great place to work. the earning potential is fantastic. if you apply yourself you can succeed and make a great income for yourself
Commission sales environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2017
Overall company policy implementation really depends on store location assigned to. Potential to make decent money depending on your "hustle". Advancement depends on your ability to juggle several responsibilities while still being able to sell to earn your money.
Long hours but good money.
Electronic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2017
I really do enjoy the people at work and the management we have. It is just putting in 50 hours a week for a little under 30k a year is annoying. Also the knowledge required to provide all customers a great experience can take months to acquire. But overall a solid job for folks looking to make some cash and do not mind the long hours.
Pros
Hour lunch, Calm atmosphere, Management, Money, Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Can become hard, Frustration, Pressure on Selling
When its good its great
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Work life balance is unrealistic. Great company for advancement being a strictly performance based organization. Great pay and benefits. Never a dull moment, always in the action as a manager.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work Life Balance
great job
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 14, 2017
i loved my job simple and easy but stressful at times. loved communicating with other coworkers up front. weekends were the most stressful. overall great company to work for.
Pros
great hours
Its okay...
Sales Consultant and manager supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 13, 2017
Changes have made work difficult. Nothing really is ever in favor of the associate. Lots of things that happen are to benefit the company which makes sense but the associates are rarely in mind.
What it's like at Conn's
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2017
Working at Conn's was often all over the place. Some of the benefits was that I learned how to operate clamps, supply lifts, and forklifts. Among these benefits I also acquired the necessary skills to operate these without complications caused by hectic situations within the workplace, like management pestering and nitpicking. The employees that worked along side me were decent people, even though some were difficult to work with. The days were mildly enjoyable, but the best part of the day was when I was on the job, using the clamps and supply lifts to work and get the job done right. Being able to be both effective and efficient was beyond satisfying.
Pros
Gaining experience, bettered my understanding of the work place
Cons
Stressful environment, intolerable management and managers
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 8, 2017
typical work day includes making outbound calls, generating leads through different sources, i.e.. phone calls, ups,
definitely need to be a motived person, not anyone can come to conns and be successful, it takes a lot of ambition to be a great sales person there.
Pros
compensation
Cons
working weekends and all holidays
Conns
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 7, 2017
It is a good paying job, work 40 hours a week, every department dept is different. They offer vacation, sick time, 401k, paid holidays (Easter and Christmas only)
it can be a fun place to work depends on how you operates
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston Texas @ WillowbrookJune 6, 2017
Conns Home Plus is very great company been in business for a very long decade and still operates in old fashion ways, it is a family oriented business with tradition which in way affects the company operations, mainly in the management.
The sales reps are not well taken care off so many incentives are fading away day by day with the new CEO concept of increasing profits at the detriment of the hard working Sales guys, i was one the best sales rep with lots fun with my customers i bet they miss me on the floor
Pros
commission used to be good not any more
Cons
no room for any errror
Very productive place. Always have to stay on top up things and is a very fast pace working enviroment
Porter (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 1, 2017
My job as a porter was to make sure there were always display models out for display and to make sure all customers got their items loaded up safely and made sure they had a great experience shopping at the store.
Love it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2017
I love every moment working at Conns , it was relaxed job , I had successful career. I wish they come to chicago, IL . I will love to go and join them
Pros
friend relaxed atmosphere
Cons
nothing that i remember.
Highly stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 31, 2017
Overall this is a highly stressful commission paying job. You will work long hours so family time is limited. There is opportunity for advancement, but staying there is not very secure. Management gets moved around a lot. The manager was replaced three times in one year. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the customers and the pay is not too bad. The more you sell the more you make.
Pros
It's a fun place to work
Cons
Highly Stressful
conns is an good place to work...not excellant
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2017
work hours are also poor...too many night away from family. there really not much more to say. conns is just a job and nothing else. I had asked several time for a pay raise and was never given one.
Pros
people were friendly
Cons
too many hours..pay was poor. limited overtime.
Fun
Sales Manager / Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2017
This job is fun.. It pays well if you sell consistently.. They now have morning and night shifts. I learned alot from this employment. I have built a nice sized clientele from working here. The hardest part about working at conn's is not being able to help the customer due to bad credit...
Relaxed work environment
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is that it has a relaxed working environment to ensure the best comfort and sense of freedom while at work. The hardest part of this job would be getting comfortable with the negotiation tactics within company policy, although that does not hinder the desire to progress/advance.
Productivity
Financial disputes (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
Typical day at work what consists of you learning about a new individual each day, you learn how to interact with others from all over the U.S.
Management is very supportive and understanding to each individual's needs. The workplace is very Interactive and also supportive with a helping hand.
The hardest part about the job is hearing everyone talk but you get used to it. The most enjoyable part about the job is your coworkers and helping others along with their accounts.
Ok to work for.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2017
Conns is a good place to work for but I did not like it, due to the fact that it was collections and they wanted me to try and force a payment from a customer or ask them to borrow money from others to pay their payment when they are already in debt with others.
collections represenative
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
The company offered benefits and bonus for the employees. There was team work among the group if we had a problem. The managers were willing to help you in whether to earn your bonus. We would help each other
Pros
Had bonuses every two weeks.
Cons
Move us to other departments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conn's Home Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9