Conn's

Conn's Employer Reviews

No stability, always blaming the employees for upper management faults.
Unappreciated driver. (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the hiring money.
Cons: no loyalty, no consideration to family life, no raises and not consistant in hiring/firing, they will lie when you are no longer needed, not a place to get comfortable working because you will be taken advantage of, saw many employees termed without cause.
The company has no loyalty to their employees,
no dedication or commitment,
They will lie in order to cover up the obvious, too much cover up and un- ethical,
Lies to investors
Very dirty and un- organized
Tons of turnover numbers do not lie look at consistency in stock.
n/a
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), new iberia, LAJune 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: quotas too high
sales
learned about different products
management wasn't sometimes understandable
co workers was very nice and friendly
hardest part was to reach quotas on
Good Place to Work
Conn's-Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baytown, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: it was a short distance from my house to work.
Cons: healthcare expensive, but i guess that's everywhere.
This was a good place to help customer's find what they wanted.
You learned a lot about the differant peoples taste in furniture and appliances, than you own. Everyone I worked with was very helpful .The hardest part of the job for me was the electronics and the new thing from month to month. What I enjoyed most was working in the furniture dept. because – more... you can see how it's built and being there day after day the good and then not so desireable. – less
Overall a cool place
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), Avondale, AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: learned a lot about the furniture and appliances.
Cons: just that one guy made the whole warehouse suck.
There is one manger that is a real you no, no one wants too work with him even his on management teem.
productive company
Sales Associate/Furniture Specialists (Current Employee), Lafayette, LAMay 26, 2014
Typical day at work is come in 30 minutes prior to clock in time. Go threw my emails on getting my papers printed and ready for the day. Once all is done clock in and get my numbers from day before and so far on month. Post board. Then from there it is customer service all day till time to go home.
Good place to work until you find a better paying job
Accounting/Collections Clerk (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMay 11, 2014
Pros: good place to work for temporary employment
Cons: management is horrible
I worked in the accounting department for Conn's for approximately 6 months before my dept was laid off for whatever reason. Prior to being laid off I was looking for employment elsewhere anyway.
WORSE COMPANY EVER: HIRE AND FIRE IS THEIR MOTTO
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST/MIT/COLLECTIONS (Former Employee), 3295 COLLEGE ST.April 29, 2014
Cons: no sctructual at all/loud/ghetto
WORSE COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR. THE MAIN CONNS CORPORATE OFFICE OFF COLLEGE ST. THE WORK ENVIRONMENT ON THE FLOOR IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL: UPPER MANAGEMENT OVER CUSTOMER SERVICE WILL ACT LIKE SHE CARES ABOUT THE TEAMS AND PEOPLE AND SHE DOESNT. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEIR BONUS. IF YOU ARE TOP OF THE LIST (SCORECARD) THEY WILL EITHER MOVE YOU AROUND OR – more... FIND SOMETHING ON YOU TO LET YOU GO AND DOESN'T GIVE YOU FAIR SAY SO IN ANYTHING. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY (CONNS CORPORATE OFFICE) YOU MAY GET 6-MONTHS IN, BUT TRUST ME THEY WILL CONTINUE TO LOOK FOR NEW HIRES AND DO THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN. IT'S GOING TO SOUND ALL GOOD AT THE BEGINNING AND MOVE YOU OVER TO COLLECTIONS AS YOU WILL NOT REMAIN A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. AND THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE A REVOLVING DEPARTMENT. UPPERMANGEMENT WILL STAND BEHIND EACH OTHER'S DECSIONS AND DOESN'T CARE WHAT THE ASSOCIATES HAS TO SAY AS THEY ARE GOING TO DO WHAT THEY WANT TO DO REGARDLESS. TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS 9+ YEARS IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OUT OF THE FEW COMPANIES I'VE WORKED FOR COMING FROM MAJOR CITIES THIS IS THE WORSE EVER AND THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE IN THE CENTER WILL MAKE IT IN THE CITY THEY WAY THEY DO BUSINESS OUT THERE. THEY WILL LET THERE BEST EMPLOYEES GO BEFORE THEY RELEASE LOW PERFORMING AGENTS. THEY LIE, BETRAY YOU, VERY GHETTO I MUST SAY, NO KIND OF STRUCTURE AT ALL. HOWEVER, IF YOU INTO THAT TYPE OF BUSINESS GO AHEAD AS IT WILL GET YOU NO WHERE...THINK AGAIN BEFORE YOU CONSIDER THIS COMPANY. YES, THEY HAVE MANY JOB OPENINGS THAT ARE RECENTLY BEING PUT OUT THERE TO MAKE THEM LOOK GOOD, BUT THAT "CORPORATE OFFICE" IS NO GOOD AT ALL!!!!!! TRUST ME!!! – less
Exciting sales floor activity
Professional Sales Counselor (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: unlimited commissions earned
Cons: overall satisfaction of resolving customer issues
A competitive and friendly selling environment.
I learned that all prospects can be turned into buyers.
Management was very helpful
Co-workers were equally as helpful and team oriented
hardest part of job was allowing customers to walk out without buying.
Most enjoyable was the atmosphere on the weekends.
Five Days of Low Pay, Backbreaking Work, and Shady Expectations
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), DallasApril 1, 2014
Pros: logical routing
Cons: overloaded routing, lying, horrible pay, bad contract labor situation.
I worked as part of a contract labor delivery team for two weekends out of the distribution center. The liason for contract deliverers is a shady jerk who lied to me and threw me under the bus for wanting Conn's to have their business together and not taking an extra load after the truck was packed and ready to roll. He then lied to the Conns employee – more... siding with my team, and then threw me under the bus afterwards. This job is a RAW DEAL and I wouldn't recommend anyone with any sense of good practices to work there.

For example, Conns shifts the liability for anything that may go wrong during a delivery entirely on the driver/crew. While they do ok on routing, they overload their delivery crews constantly and we are expected to inspect every piece and every corner of merchandise while ending up working ridiculous hours because of it. Since I was paid per day and not per hour, it was not uncommon to be at the last customers house around 9pm.

Also, Conns wants 5's across the board from the customer during surveys, however, it is often for the deliverers to take bad hits due to defective merchandise, unreasonable loads, and routes and setups/installations/assemblies. We are not trained to be installation technicians or furniture assemblers, we are deliverers, however we were expected to do all of that even starting off.

Conn's gets away with doing things like this because it is contract labor and therefore they don't have to be liable for anything that may go wrong or damage that may result from their own employees making mistakes and/or being unreasonable. I delivered to a couple on the weekend who couldn't get an undamaged table after FOUR different delivery teams went there. This is not a uncommon occurrence since the seller's from Conn's only care about making their commission even if its the wrong item, the item is isn't even in stock, or there are only damaged items available.

The people in charge lie and so you are expected to lie in order to appease customers. They throw anyone standing for honesty and integrity and fair work practices under the bus. It is a slave system since so much is put on the employees shoulders by ridiculous policies that are implemented to take money out of your check while Conn's banks those extra pennies of profit away. – less
Fun place to work and make a great income
General Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: work/home life
Skills you learn are used on a daily basis
Great staff willing to help
consumer products
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
selling electronics and appliances to consumers and assist with financing
Fun, busy always something to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 11, 2014
Cons: commission based
workday consist of sales updates, customer relations, sales, sales and more sales.
fun and busy day
Senior Electronic Field Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: bonuses
- Deliver schedule from the last day,
- Review the schedule for the day,
- Check inventory and supplies.
- Call customers and set time frame.
- Run the schedule,
- The hardest part was not able to complete a call for lock of parts or supplies,
- The enjoyable part to help my co-workers and leave customers satisfied.
Motivating work environment
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: team work, health benefits, bonus structure
Cons: very frequent change
Helping customers resolve their past due balances by offering assistance to bring them current. Every single customer is going to be handled differently according to their needs. Management side-by-sides to help improve, positive feedback as well as positive critiquing. Team work is very important and crucial. Conn's offers many incentives for daily, – more... weekly, and monthly goals. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people. – less
Great place for helping people get a second chance on life.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great appliance
Cons: compensation.
Conn's have most of the top name brands of appliances and audio gear. It's easy to purchase goods for one's home or apartment.
The company had to do a total restructure because that place a strain on the company.
CHALLENGING YET REWARDING
Sales Counselor (Current Employee), BAYTOWNJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free meals, bonuses
Cons: last minute changes, and continued changes in decisions before one is able to adapt.
WORK COULD BE STRESSFUL BUTONE HAS TO BE DISCIPLINED AND TASK ORIENTED TO BE PRODUCTIVE. HOWEVER, SINCE YOU DETERMINE YOUR PAY CHECK IT COULD BE VERY REWARDING IF YOU ARE DEDICATED TO THE TASK.

HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS WHEN THE CUSTOMERS ARE DISSATISFIED WITH SITUATIONS BEYOND YOUR CONTROL YET IF YOU ARE ABLE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE YOU ARE GIVEN FULL – more... RECOGNITION AND HIGHLY REGARDED AS A PEOPLE,S PERSON.

THE JOB IS FUN SINCE EVERYDAY ONE ENCOUNTERS DIFFERENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFERENT SITUATIONS, THIS CURBS ON THE MONOTONY OF THE JOB AND MAKES THINGS INTERESTING. – less
Great Company on the rise for the right fit.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 5, 2014
I'm looking for something more from my career. It is a company that is growing, but they must concentrate on customer service more.
Horrible
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Houston tx.January 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: very unorganized
Very unorganized. Schedule changes every week. Supervisors not knowing what to do everyone running around with their heads cut off. Horrible job ever!!!
Rewards you for hard work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tulsa,OkDecember 17, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Complete inventory in midsize to large department stores, involving product count for damage control and sales.
it ill pretty much take all your time & manegers are moody
Warehouse worker/Equipment Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2013
Pros: pay is good, lots of overtime
Cons: not to much to look forward to after that
its alright if your single, but family time is barely there, and managers get moody and have it interfere with there work, last but not least work environment is unproductive at times and only tolerable because of the pay

1 2 3

About Conn's

Conn's has managed to outlive human life expectancy. Begun as a plumbing and heating business, the regional retailer now has more – Read more