Conn's

Conn's Employee Reviews

Hard core commission sells
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: the money was good
Cons: long hours
-cold calls, aggressively trying to get people to purchase TV's
-the sells process, and way too much about TV's
-management was nice and numbers driven
-the people I worked with were commission sells lifers
-customers
Productive, great office type job.
Collection agent (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: easy sit down job. decent pay.
Cons: distance
I worked here right after i left my fast food job. The only reason why i want to leave is because how far it is from my home. Weather and wrecks and everything like that really scare me. If you work in the same city as one then your fine. Its just driving back and forth 30 miles and day kill me. Really strict on being on time. Like i mean one minute late your written up.
Very competative and stressful
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2015
Good job if you are good at collections but if you have no prior, strong experience you will have trouble.
I really enjoyed my co-workers and the different managers that I had.
The hardest part of the job was meeting the quotas for collection per day. Not having any prior collection's experience, I did struggle and at the end of the day left very unsatisfied.
I had three managers in the year that I was employed, and got along well with each one. They were each very approachable, understanding, and always willing to go the extra mile to help. Upper management was a different story. It was hard to talk with anyone in an upper management position.
Very competitive place to work
Salesman (Former Employee), New Iberia, LAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: new learning objective everyday
Cons: very competitive
States with making 20 sells calls then going onto the sells floor we had daily learning goal for new product we got to try out all the new product so we can show it always had something to do or someone to help
Job Culture was not the best
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: job culture
I enjoyed working with my customers. Work load was steady, but the schedules were not stable. I learned more about myself and the type of employee I can offer the company.
I'ts a nice job for work and fun work place
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Avondale, AZFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free uniforms for employees
Cons: we need some over time
We have a good friendly co-workers and management you enjoy all days are you work I'm learned little things and teach a some co-workers my experience from others jobs.
Love company
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, texasFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work was coming to work helping customers and loving what I do. With this job I've learned how to manage my time. I would find out what I had to do for the day and set a past to where I would get it all done. Good co-workers- very helpful and management ran a good, fair and tight shift. The hardest part of the job was finding a way to work but now I have a car and it would not be as difficult. I love the work environment and was able to adjust to new job quickly
Not for a family person.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free flight out of state
Cons: you can't have a lifr outside conn's
Only good thing about this job was they sent us out to Texas for 2 weeks to train, but it was overwhelming. You work 66+ hours a week with no time for your family and you will get let go if you don't meet your monthly quota-which is not fair. They keep you from having a life and don't care. Management is NEVER on the same page, way to many shark's and "big head" salesman in this company. If you are a friendly person Don't Work Here!
Conns Collections
Conn's Corporate Collection Center (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: money!!! easy work, fun
Cons: management changes alot
I absolutely loved this job, my job was to call people and provide ways to bring people out of debt. To me it was a breeze.
Love Hate Relationship
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: hour lunch and sundays off
Cons: everything is wish washy
I loved my coworkers and even a good amount of managers. There is a point though where it is hard to balance the work and family life in collections like everyone knows so you deal with it or leave. Hardest part of the job is staying on top and dealing with top managers who don't work the same way. One day you in one section dealing with how one manager operates and the other is totally different and it could be your downfall. Ultimately it is a good job with great pay and benefits aren't' too much. If you can handle collections the wrong way with great pay this is the job and anyone can do it with the right attitude.
good work place
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: too many hours you have to work to make decent money
good place to grow with company. nice customers and a lot of products to sale.
Disrespectful management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lufkin, Tx.December 29, 2014
Pros: cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Cons: unpleasant atmosphere 90% of the time.
Do not quit a job to work here. Store managers are incompetent and care only about their bonuses. Very unprofessional treatment of salespeople. Co-workers are afraid of the bosses.
I made it fun to be at work loud & fun energy driven
Furniture Specialist/ 3rd Key Manager Sales Rep. (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TexasNovember 12, 2014
Pros: great pay if you know how to do your job, follow the steps
Cons: most of the management team are no good for noththing, all they care about is the big bonus they assume that they will be getting.
Great Company to work for. If you don't want to have a life or if your planning on getting a divorce soon Really enjoyed the money and my Job I loved my job and my customers..
poor compensation
Transportation Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
hard work, low pay, no raises, management on care about the bottom line and their bonuses
great retail enviorment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXOctober 19, 2014
• Ensuring quality customer service and meeting sales and exceeding company goals
• Entered alpha numeric data into database to qualify customer for Conn’s credit plan.
• Responsible for pricing items, merchandising, data entry and upkeep of the store to the satisfaction of management
• Provided product knowledge and assistance to customers to make better decisions.
• Maintained continued knowledge of new products and sales payment plans
• Collections on unpaid accounts.
Conns
Collections Representative (Current Employee), san antonio texasOctober 14, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: constant changing schedule with only a day in advance
Brining accounts current through varies assistance programs. Management does a good job reviewing calls and providing meetings to help agents bonus and collect more. Hardest part of the job and convincing people who have account over 60days past due to pay in order to bring their acount(s) current.
receiving lead
receiving lead (Former Employee), dallasAugust 29, 2014
Pros: you will have a job
Cons: all you have is a job!
Do the math!..the turnover rate at the dallas warehouse is 103 percent....
Nota great place to work
Product Sales and customer service (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 15, 2014
Snobby coworkers and management. Manager was very rude. Coworkers were the same.
No stability, always blaming the employees for upper management faults.
Unappreciated driver. (Former Employee), San Antonio, TexasJuly 22, 2014
Pros: the hiring money.
Cons: no loyalty, no consideration to family life, no raises and not consistant in hiring/firing, they will lie when you are no longer needed, not a place to get comfortable working because you will be taken advantage of, saw many employees termed without cause.
The company has no loyalty to their employees,
no dedication or commitment,
They will lie in order to cover up the obvious, too much cover up and un- ethical,
Lies to investors
Very dirty and un- organized
Tons of turnover numbers do not lie look at consistency in stock.
n/a
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), new iberia, LAJune 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: quotas too high
sales
learned about different products
management wasn't sometimes understandable
co workers was very nice and friendly
hardest part was to reach quotas on

1 2 3 4

About Conn's

Conn's has managed to outlive human life expectancy. Begun as a plumbing and heating business, the regional retailer now has more – Read more

Conn's Salaries