We are looking for a Front-End developer to lead the user-interface development of our real-time data platform built to handle the massive amount of data generated by the "Internet of Things".This is an integral role that will shape both Connect HQ's technology and the company as a whole. The person in this role will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining Connect HQ’s frontend codebase. In addition, this hire will play a critical part in building the technical organization and culture of the company.
Some of the role's responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate and select core frontend technologies
- Develop cross-browser and cross-device user interfaces
- Design and implement automated frontend tests and build processes
- Opportunity to contribute to backend code using Node.js
- Help shape the engineering team and culture
We are a fast-moving team working in a rapidly-growing space. The successful candidate will thrive off the day-to-day of working in a startup. She will enjoy benefits such as having immediate and long-lasting impact, creating something from nothing, and having significant upside, while understanding that it also comes with unique challenges such as rapid changes, little oversight, and low tolerance for shenanigans.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years as a frontend developer building responsive, cross-browser user interfaces
- Extensive experience building an API-driven single-page web application
- Experience with preprocessing frameworks such as less, sass, coffeescript
- Experience with visualization or charting libraries such as flot charts, d3.js, etc
- Experience integrating analytics and other third-party frontend libraries (Optimizely, Mixpanel, etc)
Required Personal Qualities:
- Able to adapt quickly to a changing environment and requirements
- Can build for both the short- and long-term, clearly articulating the tradeoffs to other team members * Calm under pressure and not easily frustrated
- Enjoys teaching technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Can take full ownership of a project to ensure on-time delivery of working software
Additional qualities we are looking for:
- Experience with Frontend build tools like require.js (r.js), Bower, Grunt, etc.
- Has supported an API as a product
- Previous early start up experience
- Open source contributions
- Comfort with public speaking
- Active in local tech community
- Strong personal network
- Leadership experience
- Good sense of humor
Compensation: Competitive salary, equity, benefits.
About Connect HQ:
Connect HQ is taking the massive data output from IoT (Internet of Things) devices and putting it to action. We solve the top problems for companies in the IoT space - data analysis, systems integration, and value chain collaboration. We are a venture-backed and founded by an experienced team with multiple exits.