Connect Hearing Employee Reviews

Do not work for this company!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 10, 2017
I worked at CH for a few years. At first it all about patient care and making sure no one left without hearing better. Early last year they took the "care" of of it and it's all about the mighty dollar. This company constantly pushes the PCC's to harass people to make an appointment for a hearing evaluation. Then if you were lucky enough to succeed at getting them in the door, the HCP will then harass them into purchasing a hearing aid. Whoever took over as CEO is clueless as to what "patient care" means.
Basically, the starting wages aren't too bad, though you will never see a raise. The insurance is terrible. The commission PCC's make towards hearing aid sales isn't much of an incentive. Vacation's aren't bad BUT you don't get days off for bereavement or sick days.
If they didn't have RD's, who by the way are clueless about hearing aids, micromanage every thing you do and if the company didn't make you feel more like a telemarketer then a PCC, this just may be a decent place to work.
Pros
Wages
Cons
No raises, micromanaging, telemarketing, harassing people, forcing us to do events every month. The list goes on and on!!!

Comment – February 3, 2017

I recently heard from an HCP I keep in contact with, the PCC and HCP are expected to go out and be solicitors twice a week. You must use your own vehicle and all they will pay is mileage. He said if you lease, as he does, you will not be reimbursed if you go over your lease agreed mileage. This company is sounding like it is taking a turn to retail and forcing the workers to be salesmen. As I said, don't work for this company. I have felt much about myself since I quit.

High Turnover
Receptionist/ Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
This is the first job I landed once relocating to Houston, TX. Compass Group/ Canteen Vending is not the place to work if you're looking to further your career. There is no availability for advancement or raises. A typical day at work for me was being bullied by an older co-worker and having to endure it because management would not rectify the situation and continued to allow the bullying to happen. I was hired on as a receptionist, but soon management added the job of account payable clerk to my job list. I was never offered a raise, when I spoke with management regarding a raise I was denied.
Do Not Work At This Company
Executive (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 13, 2016
Do not go to work for this company! Very poor middle and senior leadership, as well as a strong passive/aggressive influence from the European 'parent' company and repeatedly poor, toxic, and under qualified executives and leaders.

Most of the positive reviews were by - or influenced by - the HR Department to curb the justified negative press on this board. I've worked there and seen it!

Individual offices (called 'Centers') and staff can be good or bad depending on the team, but the corporate office is horrible! This is primarily based on the poor and toxic executive leadership and a climate that does not want to do anything because it is right.

The hearing aids, however, are very good quality and the compensation & benefits are slightly above average.

A few years ago I would have believed that once this company is better organized it would be a good or great place to work, but from what I continue to hear, that doesn't appear to ever be the case.

Stay away!
Pros
Hearing Aids, Comp
Cons
Very poor senior leadership and climate. Parent company influence
I wish I could rate this as zero stars
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 8, 2016
First, please take note that almost all the positive reviews are from Naperville or Brentwood, the corporate headquarters of this company.

In reality this company is the worst ever. I hired on when the management was ethical. Then they fired or drove away all of management from the top down and replaced them with people who had never held a hearing aid in their hand before working for this company.

New management cut everyone's salary and incentives to where you were paid a small base salary plus TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS per hearing aid you sell. For me, this equaled a $20,000 per year decrease in annual income.

They also micromanage to the point of exhaustion. Staff is expected to cold call all day long and report every minute detail of what they do every day. The number of times they want you to "reach out" to customers is almost harassment. How many calls did you make? How many letters did you send out? How many patients did you see? What happened with each one? Why didn't you recommend hearing aids to this person just because their hearing is normal?

You are expected to schedule at least one "community event" a month. Like going to Lowe's to screen customers' hearing. Lowe's?

They cheat patients. If the patient is paying out of pocket the price is much lower than if they have insurance. If they have insurance you bill for at least double the out of pocket price. How are you supposed to explain to patients (example) if they have a $5,000 insurance benefit, they will still have to pay another $7000 out of pocket, but if they don't use insurance they would
  more... only have to pay $6000 out of pocket?

They expect you to recommend hearing aids to EVERYONE regardless of the person's situation, and in the hour you have for an eval you are supposed to do the eval, program hearing aids, have them try the aids, and counsel the patients. NO ONE should get out the door without having had hearing aids put on them.

I could go on and on but suffice it to say Connect Hearing takes the "care" out of patient care.

If you enjoy horrible morale, cheating older people, and micromanagement and/or are just a glutton for punishment, this is the place for you!
Pros
I honestly can't think of one single Pro
Cons
Micromanagement by "management" who know nothing about hearing, constant cold calling expected, being berated daily, cheating your patients
Not about patient care
HCP (Former Employee) –  Kansas city, kansasFebruary 9, 2016
In the year I worked for this company, I had never felt more marginalized and less valued as an employee of a company dedicated to "connecting" with people. Patients are treated as cattle, mislead and overcharged. Management is filled with unethical nepotists creating an environment of hostility and fear. Coworkers are encouraged to spy on each others activities. Sales and testing goals are intentionally set impossibly high with no corporate support to help attain them. It is the expectation of your managers to test and fit patients, handle insurance billing and collections, and you're expected to be professional marketers. Job requirements are unrealistic. Very high stress environment with little reward. The CEO clearly doesn't understand the industry or how to create an environment of confidence and trust within his organization.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits, great patients. Good product chouces
Cons
Unqualified unethical management, cliquish environment, high pressure sales environment, overpriced products.
Bosses are mostly bullies.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 2, 2016
Tons of work. People quit
Too much politics, pride and insecurities among the top and mid-level management. No room for suggestions and fresh ideas. Co-workers are good hardworking people. Most bosses are rude, insulting, self righteous and very unprofessional. They don't value their employees which is every company's primary asset. They don't give credit where credit is due. No chance to move up unless you are a favorite. The company is not making money. Beware and stay away.
Pros
paid holiday
Cons
Bad mid-management set of people.
Connect Hearing
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Granite Falls, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Work days vary, you can be busy one day and not the next. This really depends on the office or location you are in. You make a lot of calls and manage the office, setting appointments, attending meetings, ordering stock, assisting patients, working on intake, accepting payments. The location you work at really determines your work load. You may also be responsible for finding and setting up events and marketing. Being technologically inclined really helps in this job. You also have to be prepared to work on an agreed list of responsibilities, who is going to do what. Some responsibilities are yours, others are the responsibility of the hearing care professional. Which you might end up working with a good one that wants to share the load, some might just want to dump on you. You have to be able to say NO! I can't complain much, I work with a great hearing professional who appreciates the work I do. There is a lot more to this job, but I don't feel like getting into it. Some things you just have to find out for yourself.
Pros
Working independently and being reimbursed mileage when doing work events. Great coworkers!
Cons
Some not so great co-workers, but that is anywhere. Some policies aren't the greatest. No paid snow days, have to use PTO time. No overtime.
It's okay
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 15, 2016
Alright.. Pros about this job : The pay is very generous.. for me around 14$ an hour... for a 8:30am -5pm job! YES! There is benefits I believe it was after 60 days, very good benefits not super expensive. And you got a discount on hearing aids, or your family if needed for little or no cost to you. The patients you meet on a daily basis were absolutely wonderful and the HIS (at least the one I worked with) was really great.

The cons about the job: The management didn't have the proper training for me. When I did have a question about something the senior patient care coordinator (who was my supervisor) didn't really have a lot of my answers , and would say "I don't know' , "try this or that" or "let me call the regional director". If the person training the new hires doesn't know how to do their jobs they shouldn't be training the new staff. The RD acted as if he owned the place.. and had been in that position less than 6 months, he thought he was all that. The company was ripping the patients off on the hearing aids.. and was overcharging them. When a patient called in with problems about billing and if no one could fix the issue the patient would ask for a refund.. and the management has no customer service skills and just doesn't ever respond to the patient.
Pros
GOOD PAY. BENEFITS. FULL TIME HOURS.
Cons
MANAGEMENT. NO STABILITY
Below Average!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FLAugust 21, 2015
Overall, this company is not the place to work for right now. The pros are the benefits and pay which are really good. However, the cons with this company is that there seems to be no job stability in the long run. There values and cultures do not help the company and it is not a place for people who want to advance and grow. There is no clear vision for this company, no proper management and support, and a horrible marketing department. If your interested in becoming a telemarketer and go want to go out bringing in your own business, good luck. Other wise, keep looking!
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
-No stability, advancement, poor management, poor company values
Love the Patients
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 24, 2016
Oshkosh clinic is not that busy, Most of the day is spent making cold calls from a list of people that the corporate office mailed information to, co-workers say one thing and do another, Management is does not show up in office very often. Calling Insurance companies can be difficult due to lack of English or strong accents. Best part of the job is the patients, they are very sweet.
Not Good Now
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 30, 2015
Good salary and benefits, and the hearing aids and equipment are very good quality. However, need to replace most mid and senior level managers with qualified and capable ones as the organization as a whole is suffering. Overall, the group is very poor and is not competent or ethical. Once there are capable managers in place, perhaps it will be a good place to work.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, Hearing aids are very good, Generally good people at lower levels in the company.
Cons
Mid level and senior level managers are generally extremely poor
Co-Workers very helpful
Sr. PCC (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 19, 2016
Co-workers are fun to visit with and very helpful. We are asked to get out within the community to build bridges and let them know who Connect Hearing is. RD is Fun and full of helpful ideas, encourages positivity, and communication with other clinics to bounce ideas off each other.
Pros
Great Hours, Patients, Co-Workers
Cons
Not very good incentives for PCC's
This company sucks
management (Former Employee) –  BrentwoodJanuary 16, 2015
Ex-Employee. I dealt with benefits and authorization and daily calls and emails from audiologist constantly nagging about authorization approvals so that patients could get their hearing aids. They overcharged these elderly patients. None if their prices were the same. They would change the price of hearing aids to what the insurance would pay if they paid 20,00 they would charge that amount. They would give quotes for hearing aids and then find out after the fact that the insurance didn't approve that much and have ti ask for hearing aids back from patient's. The pay was horrible the place was nasty, no proper training, micromanage, pto sucks 8 hrs a month. Please take my advice DON'T DO IT! WALK AWAY.
Pros
Cons
hour lunch maybe!
Connect Hearing
Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNApril 15, 2016
There is no management on staff, just a hearing care provider and front desk staff member. We are responsible for taking care of patients and their hearing aid needs. Very fast paced with very little down time. Very enjoyable environment and the patients make it worth while. Hearing aid sales can be tricky at times when its our slower season (winter) but overall no major problems.
Pros
fast pace, no down time, amazing patients and co worker
Cons
breaks
They are very flexible with the work schedule.
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 12, 2015
This corporation is about selling hearing aids. It expands your knowledge with variety of insurances by verifying benefits. Teaches you how to sell while keeping patient's best interest as key focus.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
No management on site
Numbing place to work. Good co-workers help keep your sanity.
Clinical Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 10, 2014
My co-workers were great! I headed one of the first 2 pilot offices in US for Sanova. HA sales the main goal it seemed, not premium care in my opinion. I got enough sick days and I was gone...or is it that Sovova (from what I have seen on-line) is now about to sell product to Costco...compeating with their own retail offices...and can not now afford higher paided experienced providers in the retail offices? I wonder.....
Pros
Great equipment!, salary and commissions were ok.
Cons
Numbers seem to be everything with a big corperation, RPEs?, How about RPEC?, Relentless Pursuit of Excellent Care.
Good job
Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 17, 2014
Great managers, co workers and office. The company started as a part of a Swedish company and ever since it became a corporation, the job description for which I had applied for went out the window.

The company is moving towards hard sells, telemarketing, cold calling, without giving employees a raise. There is not much room for advancement nor getting a better shift.
Pros
quiet call center of less than 50 people
Cons
rules change on a daily and weekly basis
WORST Company - MICRO Manage
Provider (Former Employee) –  UTNovember 5, 2014
This is the worst company to work for. They will tell you one thing just to get you hired and then once I hired they will continue to add onto your job description until it no where near what you were originally hired for. They also MICRO MANAGE everything and they do not manage very well either. They also change your compensation too without even consulting you.
Pros
Co-Workers
Great workplace
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2016
Had great work relationships with great Doctors. The work environment was great for learning. A typical work day left me feeling achomplished.
Interesting and challenging company.
Benefits and Authorizations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMarch 15, 2014
I had been handling the benefit checks for patients' hearing aid benefits. Calling insurance companies to see if the patient had benefits and coverage for hearing aids. I dealt with California patients, who all have medical groups that you have to go through for authorizations so after the benefits were put in the computer, I would correspond with audiologists, either through email or by phone, to get copies of the patient's audiograms and CPT & ICD codes so I can then submit an authorization to the responsible party, whether it be the insurance company or the medical group. I followed up with any authorizations that were pending every 48 hours after submitting it. I dealt with denied authorizations, retro-authorizations, just to name a few things. The hardest part is time management, making sure I manage all my duties within the time frame of my schedule to be there. I enjoy the challenge because every day there is always something new that comes up that has to be dealt with that may be completely different from what I dealt with the day before.
Cons
The majority of the work load in my department has been taken from us, which leaves us very little to do. And moved back to Chicago, IL, where the company is originally based. Which is why I am currently seeking employment elsewhere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connect Hearing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6