Connect Hearing Employee Reviews

Productive Company, nice management and nice patients as well
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GA 31210December 3, 2017
Connect Hearing is a very productive company to be employed by and the management respect the employee as well and treat everyone fair and equal!!!!!!
Pros
non stressful
Never been treated with such disrespect. You are disposable . Very stressful
Pcc (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 22, 2017
The worst place to work. All that matters is money and getting people into the office. You are responsible to make your store profit able. You are expected to market the company. Corp offers no advertising. You must telemarketing and find events. You are expected to clean the office, schedule patient, all the administrative duty. Know if you work there, they look at you as replaceable. High turn over for the PCC. Pay is horrible for all the responsibilities you are to take on.
If you want to work for a company that does not value you , then this the company for. Run as fast as you can if you value your dignity.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k
Cons
No respect for their employee. You never reach success because they raise the bar
It just isn't for me
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78746September 11, 2017
There is pressure daily to promote the business by making phone calls while constantly being pulled into virtual meetings. There is constant change (too much in a short period of time in my opinion).
Pros
for me, the commute
Cons
performance pressure
No one will ever be good enough for them
Licensed fitter and dispenser of hearing states (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 9, 2017
They find any reason they can to terminate you, everyone is replaceable. No one is ever good enough and they are always out to find someone who is going to sell no matter whether the patients needs the help or not. Its all about the money and the employees are not treated as people all the are is numbers
Pros
coffee and good patients
Cons
everthing
Relaing
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 27, 2017
Relaxing environment, not stressful and very easy going. Understanding company. They need to work on communication and stop being so one sided. Other than that the company is really not a bad place
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Bad communication
unless you want to be a telemarketer
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 19, 2017
dont do it, horrible place to work overall, no job security, constant micro managed, numbers they require you to have are unrealistic, rules changed from week to week, company is a joke
Good offices and nice customers
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed the customers at Connect Hearing. The management is okay but advanced a couple of inept people that should not be team leads. A few people do most of the work.
no good
HCP (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 15, 2017
Management is very unfair and unorganized, policies and procedures change on a weekly basis.
They fuel a negative work environment and their benefits are not that great
Once upon a time this company cared about patients.....
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 5, 2017
It's all about money and sales. And the company obviously hasn't learned you have to spend money to make money. They will not advertise like they should. If you are hired as a PCC, you will be expected to play the role of salesmen/marketer/telemarketer to bring 40, YES 40!!! evals a month in the door! If you don't then you have to send in your babysitting reports every day so the RD can see what you did and how many hours you spent doing it. Most RD's aren't even there to help you, they just want to threaten.
If this company doesn't get back on track and treat people like "patients" and not "customers" this ship will sink! Whatever happened to the motto "No one walks out without hearing better"? Now it's if you don't have the money get out. Trust me, many have left and went elsewhere since they stopped caring and helping people. Not only would I not work for this company, I would never send a loved one or a friend here for hearing aids. I question if half these patients really even need a hearing aid since the HCP's are FORCED to sell at least 2 hearing aids a day!
Shame on this company!!!
Pros
Patients, some coworkers, wages, no boss in the office!
Cons
Everything else!
High Pressure Sales
Healthcare Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 25, 2017
All that management cares about is sales. Period. Not interested in Customer Service at all. Expects employees to canvass neighborhoods. Will not price match.
Pros
Work Hours are good
Cons
Stressful
Productive workplace
Hearing Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAApril 21, 2017
Love my coworkers. Work environment is very good. However, industry is competitive. I love seeing patients and the relationships we build with them. Connect Hearing is a great company to work for.
Connect Hearing
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Granite Falls, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Work days vary, you can be busy one day and not the next. This really depends on the office or location you are in. You make a lot of calls and manage the office, setting appointments, attending meetings, ordering stock, assisting patients, working on intake, accepting payments. The location you work at really determines your work load. You may also be responsible for finding and setting up events and marketing. Being technologically inclined really helps in this job. You also have to be prepared to work on an agreed list of responsibilities, who is going to do what. Some responsibilities are yours, others are the responsibility of the hearing care professional. Which you might end up working with a good one that wants to share the load, some might just want to dump on you. You have to be able to say NO! I can't complain much, I work with a great hearing professional who appreciates the work I do. There is a lot more to this job, but I don't feel like getting into it. Some things you just have to find out for yourself.
Pros
Working independently and being reimbursed mileage when doing work events. Great coworkers!
Cons
Some not so great co-workers, but that is anywhere. Some policies aren't the greatest. No paid snow days, have to use PTO time. No overtime.
Weird company culture with unfriendly coworkers
Regional Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 17, 2016
Management was only concerned about themselves and their careers/advancement. My supervisor dropped 'F' bombs almost every sentence. Co-workers formed cliques and thrived on inside jokes. Typical day was trying to convince field personnel of programs they weren't buying into, which wasn't fun. Most enjoyable part was trying to do things that would help the customer.
Pros
Good company concept, structure
Cons
Unfriendly coworkers, bosses that didn't care about anything except themselves
High Turnover
Receptionist/ Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
This is the first job I landed once relocating to Houston, TX. Compass Group/ Canteen Vending is not the place to work if you're looking to further your career. There is no availability for advancement or raises. A typical day at work for me was being bullied by an older co-worker and having to endure it because management would not rectify the situation and continued to allow the bullying to happen. I was hired on as a receptionist, but soon management added the job of account payable clerk to my job list. I was never offered a raise, when I spoke with management regarding a raise I was denied.
Co-Workers very helpful
Sr. PCC (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 19, 2016
Co-workers are fun to visit with and very helpful. We are asked to get out within the community to build bridges and let them know who Connect Hearing is. RD is Fun and full of helpful ideas, encourages positivity, and communication with other clinics to bounce ideas off each other.
Pros
Great Hours, Patients, Co-Workers
Cons
Not very good incentives for PCC's
I wish I could rate this as zero stars
Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 8, 2016
First, please take note that almost all the positive reviews are from Naperville or Brentwood, the corporate headquarters of this company.

In reality this company is the worst ever. I hired on when the management was ethical. Then they fired or drove away all of management from the top down and replaced them with people who had never held a hearing aid in their hand before working for this company.

New management cut everyone's salary and incentives to where you were paid a small base salary plus TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS per hearing aid you sell. For me, this equaled a $20,000 per year decrease in annual income.

They also micromanage to the point of exhaustion. Staff is expected to cold call all day long and report every minute detail of what they do every day. The number of times they want you to "reach out" to customers is almost harassment. How many calls did you make? How many letters did you send out? How many patients did you see? What happened with each one? Why didn't you recommend hearing aids to this person just because their hearing is normal?

You are expected to schedule at least one "community event" a month. Like going to Lowe's to screen customers' hearing. Lowe's?

They cheat patients. If the patient is paying out of pocket the price is much lower than if they have insurance. If they have insurance you bill for at least double the out of pocket price. How are you supposed to explain to patients (example) if they have a $5,000 insurance benefit, they will still have to pay another $7000 out of pocket, but if they don't use insurance they would
  more... only have to pay $6000 out of pocket?

They expect you to recommend hearing aids to EVERYONE regardless of the person's situation, and in the hour you have for an eval you are supposed to do the eval, program hearing aids, have them try the aids, and counsel the patients. NO ONE should get out the door without having had hearing aids put on them.

I could go on and on but suffice it to say Connect Hearing takes the "care" out of patient care.

If you enjoy horrible morale, cheating older people, and micromanagement and/or are just a glutton for punishment, this is the place for you!
Pros
I honestly can't think of one single Pro
Cons
Micromanagement by "management" who know nothing about hearing, constant cold calling expected, being berated daily, cheating your patients
Love the Patients
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 24, 2016
Oshkosh clinic is not that busy, Most of the day is spent making cold calls from a list of people that the corporate office mailed information to, co-workers say one thing and do another, Management is does not show up in office very often. Calling Insurance companies can be difficult due to lack of English or strong accents. Best part of the job is the patients, they are very sweet.
Do Not Work At This Company
Executive (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 13, 2016
Do not go to work for this company! Very poor middle and senior leadership, as well as a strong passive/aggressive influence from the European 'parent' company and repeatedly poor, toxic, and under qualified executives and leaders.

Most of the positive reviews were by - or influenced by - the HR Department to curb the justified negative press on this board. I've worked there and seen it!

Individual offices (called 'Centers') and staff can be good or bad depending on the team, but the corporate office is horrible! This is primarily based on the poor and toxic executive leadership and a climate that does not want to do anything because it is right.

The hearing aids, however, are very good quality and the compensation & benefits are slightly above average.

A few years ago I would have believed that once this company is better organized it would be a good or great place to work, but from what I continue to hear, that doesn't appear to ever be the case.

Stay away!
Pros
Hearing Aids, Comp
Cons
Very poor senior leadership and climate. Parent company influence
Bosses are mostly bullies.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 2, 2016
Tons of work. People quit
Too much politics, pride and insecurities among the top and mid-level management. No room for suggestions and fresh ideas. Co-workers are good hardworking people. Most bosses are rude, insulting, self righteous and very unprofessional. They don't value their employees which is every company's primary asset. They don't give credit where credit is due. No chance to move up unless you are a favorite. The company is not making money. Beware and stay away.
Pros
paid holiday
Cons
Bad mid-management set of people.
Great workplace
PATIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2016
Had great work relationships with great Doctors. The work environment was great for learning. A typical work day left me feeling achomplished.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connect Hearing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7