ConnectiCare

ConnectiCare Employer Reviews

Extremely wonderful staff to work with and able to make many moves
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee), Farmington, CTDecember 2, 2014
Pros: all staff under one building, opportunity for advancement
Cons: call center not for me
Working in the call center is difficult, I am not one for call center work, but this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door. Dealt with providers and their office staff with specific benefit and claims questions.

Worked with many great people and would have liked to stay, to continue my career there, but I was pregnant with my first child – more... and the call center was difficult for me. – less
Great training and advancement opportunites for entry-level
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington, CTNovember 7, 2014
Pros: beautiful campus.
Cons: at the time i was there, the company had a long-term claims software issues.
As Biller, my working-day typically involved verifying the client's employees eligibility for various levels of health-care coverage and reconciling employer premium payments. This was were I learned most of my trouble-shooting skills and how to resolve issues autonomously.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Farmington, CTAugust 22, 2014
Pros: company picnic, yearly bonus, paid time off, pay
Cons: no advancement, management
This was a great job but I feel like the opportunity for advancement for minorities is lacking.
productive workplace
Member & Provider Services (Current Employee), Farmington, CTJuly 17, 2014
known for customer service
participates in healthcare exchange
expanding call center currently
Great Experience
Claims Specialist/Provider Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington, CTMay 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, vacation, culture
The job culture is unlike any other company I've worked for. The company as a whole actually makes an effort to make your time and day the most enjoyable it can be, while still making sure the job gets done.
Nice place - somewhat disorganized
Finance - Admin and Commissions Analyst (Former Employee), Farmington, CTJanuary 13, 2014
It's difficult to hear about micromanaging in the workplace, however, to actually experience it is bizarre and unfounded,
Diverse workplace
Supervisor, Commercial Billing (Current Employee), Farmington, CTAugust 19, 2013
Managing a billing team
Monthly reporting
Meetings
Ability to express yourself in meetings
Independent thinking
Friendly work environment
Electronic Eligibility Analyst (Former Employee), Farmington, CTJune 27, 2013
I feel as though management failed to see how I gave the most effort I possibly could , while others in the team gave a minimal effort. When it came to our end of the month reporting I always had the highest number of productivity, yet the team was compensated equally and I wasn't receiving credit for all my efforts.
Best job ever
Supervisor/Team Leader, Onsite Case Management (Former Employee), Farmington, CTMay 17, 2013
The only reason I left is because I moved to Texas! I worked at home as well as onsite in hospitals.
I was able to grow to become the team leader of the department.
Very hard to get in.
Customer Service Temp (Former Employee), Farmington, CTApril 10, 2013
Pros: very clean facility.
Cons: too small and everyone is in your business
The company is small in clicky. You have to know someone there if you want to work there full time. About 2000 people apply for 1 position.
poor organizational structure
Production Support Consultant (Former Employee), Farmington ConnecticutMarch 27, 2013
Pros: great pay, ability to work from home, benefits
Cons: poor managment and leadership, lack of organization, lack of clarity of objectives
I was hired to work in a Connecticare as a contractor/ consultant for their production support team. First I have to say the work was steady there however the I was put in to replace the former person occupying the position who was promoted to being a business analyst and the work and the infrastructure information needed to be transitioned to me with – more... a reasonable interval of time. In less than a month's time I was told I could no longer spend time talking with him to gain any headway to projects which had documentation which was slim to none. Even scheduling time with him proved to be problematic. Bottom line the problem was the company promoted someone but should have transitioned the work to individuals hired earlier rather than when he was almost a year into this new position and still contending with his role in the old position. Still, I was able to accomplish my objectives nonetheless though most of it was through improvisation. The next thing was "scope creep" in my last project there... verbal changes to requirements that were spoken about after which I would deliver solution after solution combined with the lack of available resources and yet I was held accountable for the fact that the project missed the original deadline. And the analyst would change his mind about the parameters or what needed to be done each and every time. The accountability I faced was largely due to a CYA email sent out by the same business analyst saying he did not know why the project was taking so long. I confronted him about it and he said it wasn't intended in that way. But intentions or not he sent it out without talking to me about it first. He was privy to the dance of verbal requirements changing over and over again and copying my boss on the email it was throwing someone under the bus( that someone being me as the buck stopped with the developer) that I would now have to speak to my boss and do damage control on. A project I might add that was months late already due back in May of 2012 and that I was given in December of 2012 after my start in November of that same year. The manager of the team called them into separate meetings to get their accounts of why the project was late with myself not privy to any of them. The same manager that I had very little face time with altogether. The same manager who most of his team who spoke to me at length believed he was not the best choice to run their division based on their assessments of his management style and his lack of active listening skills as to their active concerns with performing systems. The same one who claimed to be very satisfied with my performance less than a month prior. He called me into a conference room and told me my contract would not be renewed only two days before my last day. He gave me reasons but those reasons were frankly a zig-zag of contradictions and conflicting information. The first was that it was my score on an analytical/ personality assessment test some months prior I had taken that HR administered to me and he said that was a non-starter. Which did not make sense if you were already shown to be capable to do the work past the interview process with several projects completed with accuracy and secondly another consultant he had take one of those tests a second time so it seemed arbitrary. Next he mentioned this went above his head from his the director of IT and people in higher authority. After that he explained that was a cultural change within the company and that downsizing of individuals who worked with me would take place. The last reason he mentioned was the timeliness of the project itself. The inconsistency of the answers provided followed by a lot of head scratching and fidgeting on his part showed me and I am not a student of psychology that whatever the real answer was I was not gong to get it in that conference room. He said he would provide me with a reference provided it was not in opposition to corporate policy to do so. I never received one from him period.My agency also failed to notify me which way manager was going with the direct to hire contract position and after a month earlier they had asked my boss if I would be signed as a full time employee. And they heard no answer from him and that to me was crucial information I should have been provided by them. I can not confirm my conclusion but it would seem to me no answer on his part was an answer and they knew which way the wind was blowing but wanted to continue getting paid by Connecticare in the bargain so my situation was not taken into account. My assessment if you going to work for Connecticare do not expect reasonable requirements or business practices to get work done. You will have to improvise out of the box more times than not to do what is expected and most of those selected as your knowledge resources will be unavailable to you from the jump. If you are serious about your career and you want job stability this is not the place for you to wind up. – less
Very nice work environment and a good place to work
Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Farmington, CTApril 28, 2012
Pros: flexible and good work environment
Cons: i can't really think of any thing negative
A typical day at work was very busy with projects, meetings, and responding to both internal and external customer needs. The key things I learned was to be a good listener, be customer focused, and to constantly improve job specific skills. My co-workers were very good team players and made the work environment exciting. The hardest part of the job – more... was being new and not having my immediate supervisor available to provide support and direction on the job but overall the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills in contract negotiations, developing and reviewing contracts, interacting with customers, attending meetings, company panics and functions, and off course my co-workers. – less

May 4, 2012

I WORKED AT CCI FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I DO NOT THINK IT IS A PLEASANT PLACE TO WORK, AT LEAST WITHIN THE CALL CENTER. ITS ALL ABOUT NUMBERS AND THEY DO NOT TRAIN NEW EMPLOYEES VERY WELL. THE MNGT. DOES NOT LISTEN/ NOR WILLING TO HELP. YOU CANT LEAVE UNTIL ALL CALLS ARE GONE, YET THEY DONT WANT TO PAY OT.

small company, hard to get in
Medicare Direct Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Farmington, CTMarch 19, 2012
Pros: work/life balance, great pay
Cons: noty much room for advancement
Great company, lots of good people there, but it is so small, there is not much room for growth. Only about 500 employees. People there have been there for 10-25 years, and don't move around much. When opportunitiues scome though, they are really good. And CCI has great hours for work/life balance.

About ConnectiCare

ConnectiCare is one of the largest HMOs in Connecticut. In 1979 a group of doctors at Hartford Hospital planted the seeds for – Read more