ConnectiCare Employee Reviews

Terrible Management
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 21, 2017
Avoid this employer at all costs. They will swoon you with benefits then offer no help, no training, and the management is terrible. Be weary, the company may not survive.
Pros
Time Off
Cons
Awful management, no training, no tolerance for women or others.
Great Place to work at
Connecticare Retail Center Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTJune 2, 2017
The caliber of employees this company hires. I’ve noticed it and our clients notice it. High quality employees produce high-quality results. Plus work is more enjoyable if everyone it working hard.
The non-management employees are motivated, talented, and funny.
I feel that this is a good, positive atmosphere to work in and what we are doing is very interesting and exciting. All of our employees are smart and creative. This is reflected in the work that we
produce. I also appreciate that our company cares about the community and the environment and encourages us to do the same.
There are few companies that offer what we offer.
Productive and fun place to work
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 10, 2017
Great culture, great people to work with, top management teams to work with. Work load was heavy and diverse. Learned more about the healthcare insurance business and the inter workings of the company's organization.
high stress environment
Temp Position (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 24, 2017
My position with the company was temporary. I applied for many internal postings with the hopes of becoming a permanent full time employee with no response on any of the jobs I applied for even though I had ample experience. I feel you need to be an "insider" in order to secure a new position..
Very good Company
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 7, 2017
Safe, professional environment. No high pressure tactics were used or needed on the job. My job consisted of inputting patient data into the company's database. It required fast, but accurate work.
Stay Away
QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 27, 2017
This company is mired in an upper management team that is blind to problems that stunt their progress. They allow nepotism and laziness to persist in their management team. There is all but no training and no support to any employees there.
A typical day at work
Pharmacy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTFebruary 24, 2017
The company is a good place to work. I've also learned several functions concerning Pharmacy. Management was excellent. The culture in the work place was good. The hardest part of the job is meeting the deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the work in a timely manner.
Pros
It was a wonderful experience.
Cons
The commute to and from work.
HEP Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 17, 2017
I enjoyed my job very much, unfortunately due to dept closing there were layoffs involved. This was the best potion that I've ever obtained.
Solid Company- Good Work Environment
Oracle/Unix ADmin (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJanuary 13, 2017
Connecticare treats there employees well.
They have a strong culture which encourages community service and a strong work ethic.
Excellent HMO
Quality of Care and Service Complaints Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJanuary 3, 2017
Many reorganizations and lay-offs. Each person has many different jobs. Great education experience. Great staff and very dedicated to assisting members.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor work environment
Company changed over the years
Customer Service/ Pharmacy Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 30, 2016
Great company, good pay and benefits.
Just no room for advancement.

Was bought out from a different company and the culture changed and turned corporate
Pros
good pay and people
Cons
no room for advancement
It's gonna be a no from me...
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTDecember 1, 2016
Passive aggressive management. Terrible pay. Tattle tale coworkers. Undeserved favoritism. Expensive cafe.

You name it- this job has it. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Ever.
Pros
Free food every now and then (I guess)
Cons
Everything else.
Gave up income and advancement for workplace culture
Manager, Medicare Field and Agency Sales (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 29, 2016
Senior management changes resulted in a culture change. Poor compensation compared to industry. More work each year, people quit and the organization doesn't replace the position, just add workloads to existing employees.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay compared to industry, work-life balance issues
Excellent work place with a mission to make it easy to obtain healthcare
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 12, 2016
I had a fantiastic 15 plus years of employment at ConnectiCare. I learned a lot about talent and how to identify and select candidates for it. My co-workers are phenomenal and I remain in touch with many of them and am good friends with a number of them also. The most challenging part of the job is to try to find the right candidates for tough to fill positions quickly. I had great management throughout my time there. I would highly recommend working at ConnectiCare.
Pros
Great mission, cafeteria, gym, parking, great management
Cons
highly competitive industry, exptremely complex
Employees are hardworking and supportive of co-workers; most of my career management was open, valued employees and made a nice place to work.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  FarmingtonJuly 20, 2016
During most of my career I was extremely happy working at ConnectiCare. It was a company that supported their employees, provided excellent customer service to their members.

When Management changed and Obanacare was introduced over the last few years it became more stressful. Demands were more, hours longer and benefits and rewards changed
Pros
Good benefits, hardworking employees
Cons
Changed a lot over last two years
Temp = opportunity
Enrollment Processor/Asst Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 16, 2016
I worked as a temp at Connecticare from Sept to June. I worked in several different departments. Each group of people that I worked with was supportive and helpful. They helped motivate me and introduce me into possibilities of a forever home. If you work hard.. they will work hard for you to help you. I have at least 3 job possibilities and fellow coworkers to back me up.
Productive medical systems processing team
APEX Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 9, 2016
Great atmosphere and systems. Quite and productive. New systems being developed on a regular basis. Majority of workers are now consultants.
sweat shop in call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 22, 2016
Very demanding fast paced call center There is micro managing and favoritism . Cannot get off phones even to use rest rooms. No time off and lack of trained employees. Very uncaring and unfair to employees with disabilities
The other departments in Connecticare are better so don't apply for customer service.
Pros
salary and bonus
Great Place to work.
Legal Coordinator/Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 17, 2016
ConnectiCare is a great place to work. People are both friendly and helpful. Managers are very understanding. The work environment is professional. Work/homelife balance is great.
fast paced
Customer Service/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 15, 2016
very busy
good benefits
target specific employee base for advancement
high traffic commute
extensive training
demanding hours
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConnectiCare. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval