Connecticut Business Systems

Connecticut Business Systems Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 7, 2016
I worked for CBS from 2004-2006. They expected me to get the amount of work that 2 people could get done! I had a crazy coworker that complained everyday to our boss. I found out after I was let go. I worked with awful people with the exception of one person in my department. I was let go after missing some time due to my mom being in the hospital! Family comes first and they didn't get that or care! I was given a raise but never a review. My boss never communicated with me and I was a hard worker.
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Lack of communication and big work load
par for coarse coperate company
Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 26, 2016
Terrible. Management , they. Home by 3 and paid well while everyone. Else who has a family works 60 plus no pay no application.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too many to list here....beware!
Supportive Management- Fast Paced Environment
Administrative Management (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 13, 2016
I have been here for about 4 years and one of the best decisions I've ever made was joining the team at CBS, even though my former employer tried to get me to stay where I was. I have never seen such hands on supportive management in any other company I have worked at as well as a structured team oriented sales department.

You see these negative reviews of disgruntled former employees who didn't work out for one reason or another. Here, your career is exactly that, "yours" and it's up to YOU to make the best of it. My manager has always been there for me from day one and has never once made me feel like my role here is not important. I was also welcomed with open arms from all departments I correspond with and couldnt have asked for better accommodations.
These past 4 years have been eventful, educational, and inspiring and I look forward to the next years to come.
Pros
The people. The people. The people. Fun company gatherings, holiday party, trips, bonus opportunities, community involvement, and sharing best practices with both internal departments and sister companies across the nation.
Cons
Company is growing rapidly so many people war many hats
It could have been a great opportunity.
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTJune 6, 2012
The department was a mess and when tried to clean up it was frowned upon. My co-worker and I would do some tasks as a team but he frowned on it. I hated the fact that training was non-existent. I tried to do what was expected but everything I did was either not right or not good enough. My co-worker and I tried our best but it was stressful to work with him. She was afraid of him and I wanted to hit him. In the end I did learn some things and ha ha ha to him. If someone works for him and he starts to get insulting to you like he did to me; update for resume and get out of DODGE. Someone told me this the first week but I didn't listen. Be ready for anything when it comes to this type of guy.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
department was a mess. manager is absolutely unprofessional.
for a person who doesn't have children
Meters Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTJune 4, 2014
very competitive
not family friendly
nice co workers
good healthcare
sales offers more
very corporate
Pros
trips, healthcare
Cons
strict, no room for growth
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTOctober 25, 2013
Shipping/Receiving for high-volume headquarters for 8 offices across New England, handling upwards of 300 machine, parts and supply orders per day

Competitive industry
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 14, 2013
Numbers focused sales organization. Very competitive industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connecticut Business Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4