CONNECTICUT CHILDREN'S MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

its a decent place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  HartfordNovember 15, 2017
Some managers are good, some are poor examples of leadership based on availability to their staff and management styles. It can be a supportive work environment based on direct leadership each role answers to.
Pros
Outpatient clinics get some holidays off
Cons
Very low pay
Some room for improvement.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 8, 2017
The typical workday involved lots of very intense patient care. You won't last long here if you're a slacker. The management has very high standards and expects your best every day. That wasn't the part which bothered me though. Some of the management here wasn't very sensitive or professional. Others were professional but it was kind of a mixed bag of good management as well as bad. The best part of working here was obviously that it's purpose driven work which is very meaningful. Plus the benefits were pretty good. One area of improvement though is more training for management. Some of them aren't very professional and fail to bring out their employees' best potential.
Pros
Competitive benefits and really good medical coverage
Cons
Lack of training and professionalism from management
Fun place to work
Diet Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CT 06106October 30, 2017
Fun place to work, stressful and face-paced at times. Very rewarding and you truly learn a lot working with children. I have learned and grown professionally a lot in the past year, and I couldn't ask for a better entry level position in my field.
I was a student
Undergraduate Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 21, 2017
It is important to note that I was a student and not paid by CCMC. I had a good deal of autonomy and the staff always treated me well. My supervisor/professor was amazing and worked hard to ensure we left the program with great experience and opportunity.
Love working with kids but can be extremely stressful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 17, 2017
Work day can be very stressful at times and feel like you don't have resources, very good management, good compensation, poor workalike balance, working with kids and their families is so rewarding.
Pros
compensation, management
Cons
work life balance, stressful at times
Very good company
Medical/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 16, 2017
As far as hospitals go- they are incredible. Everything is geared towards children and family care. Depends on what department you work in, but I love mine. Great management, great support.
Great place to work!
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 13, 2017
At CCMC, there is a good team culture. Management is very involved. Everyone works as a team and employees are always looking for opportunities to improve patient care.
horrible management
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 22, 2017
depending on the department you were in there was always drama and horrible management skills. in the beginning it was wonderful to work there then months in everything changed
Top rated Children's hospital
Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 4, 2017
I have worked at CCMC since it opened in 1996. We grew from a tiny new hospital to a nationally renowned medical center. And yet it feels like home and family. The staff are very close and supportive of each other
work day
Lead Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 4, 2017
CCMC is a fasted paced work environment. They do not pay much attention to the needs of the employee. There are certain titled people that will have more room to grow and advancement
Pros
free parking
Cons
have to park off site and take a shuttle to campus
Great
Health Care Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 31, 2017
I enjoy my job.. the best thing i learn daily is i'm actually helping children and making shore the are getting the care and help that is needed at the end everyone is happy.
Pros
i enjoy coming to work
Cons
when you can not help a child
Wonderful mission, aspirational culture, inconsistent results
N/A (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJuly 21, 2017
CCMC is intent on building a results-oriented, data-driven, respectful and collegial culture. The success of this varies by unit: some employees love their jobs and the organization, others can't wait to bail. Overall, it seems to be a place in transition.
Pros
The mission
Cons
The inconsistencies.
Horrible managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 6, 2017
Management wasn't the best. it got so out of hand that it just made me uncomfortable being at work. I learned not to trust often and never let your guard down because everyone tries to get each other fired. at first it was a good environment to be. i loved it and then the bosses and supervisor started falling employee. would wait outside the bathroom till you were done to make sure you don't over stay in the bathroom. if they catch you talking to another employee they will write you up. it just got ridiculous
Workplace Culture
Practice Manager II (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 21, 2017
One of a handful of small pediatric hospitals struggling to survive and unable to compete with neighboring hospitals. If you are invested in your professional growth, it is difficult to achieve at this employer.
Fast paced, safe enviornment to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 20, 2017
Provides high quality medical care from nursing, doctors, medical assistants, and other teams.
Safe learning environment.
Positive atmosphere to work in.
Flexible work hours
Medical Staff Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 18, 2017
Good benefits with flexible work hours. The work day always goes by rather quickly as the day to day tasks fill up the day either in following up on documents or processing documents received.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great Work Environment
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 12, 2017
The Emergency Department at Connecticut Children's Medical Center was an amazing place to be employed at. Their unique approach to treating children taught me a lot that I continue to use in my career.
Pros
Co-Workers, patients, the list goes on!
Cons
Just that I wasn't a PA at the time.
Fun place to work
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 8, 2017
The company has a philosophy of making the residents a priority. This ideal starts at the the top with the executive staff. They talk the talk and walk the walk. Very motivating environment to work in.
Pros
Respect, friendly atmosphere, a family and trust.
Cons
staffing and resources are stretched
Good Place to work
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 22, 2017
Good place to work and it's a feel good place to help children who are sick. The benefits are fair and the work/familly balance is very fair. I love CCMC.
fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 2, 2017
as a medical assistance , performance in bilingual population , win forms , physical exam forms collect information for the DR prior to see the patient collect vitals, and documented
Pros
free lunches some times
Cons
no breaks