CONNECTICUT CHILDREN'S MEDICAL CENTER

CONNECTICUT CHILDREN'S MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Great place with great kids
Customer Service Associate/ Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 16, 2014
Pros: meet inspirational people, make an actual difference
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work here is very hectic, yet just as rewarding. I learned that a smile, alone, could make a difference in someone's life. Great customer service and hospitality was the most important thing in order for this company to strive.
The CT Children's Medical Center is dedicated to making the Children in Connecticut the Healthiest.
Medical Education Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMay 14, 2014
Pros: several pros: avid interest in what the employees have to say, frequently survey the employees to obtain their feedback and opinions, employee benefits, communications to employees, embrace diversity, free parking.
Cons: not many leadership advancement opportunities.
On Monday I begin by going over my To Do list and setting priorities. I review the progress of existing educational activties, check voice mail, then check the calendar to refresh my memory on the upcoming week. I then like to meet with my staff early, mid and late week to discuss priorities, check progress, and then prepare for the week. I want to – more... make sure, as much as possible, that we can all dedicate time to our tasks to move educational activities and projects forward. Focusing on organization and priorities first thing every morning contributes to successful mangement.

What I have learned to be a successful manager are the following:
Talk regularly to my employees; trust my employees; judge people myself, not by what others say; make and follow through on decisions. People respect leaders for doing something rather not following through; realize that management qualifications does not necessarily make you a better manager, its the hands on experiences and how these experiences are managed; most importantly, never be afraid to say 'I don't know' and then say 'I will get an answer for you' and committ to it.

The best part about my job is having a genuine care and concern for the people I work with. Having this kind of relationship is priceless. It creates a much better environment, one that is more condusive to to a positive atmosphere where people are willing to roll up their sleeves and accomplish great things as a team. When people are made to feel significant they are more willing to take risk. However, I am aware I cannot go beyond professional boundaries, just a real genuine care and concern for your people and their wellfare. There is nothing in particular that I find overly difficult in what I do as a manager. Being dedicated and proactive as a manager contributes to managing situations and conflicts effectively. – less
Diverse place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Hartford, CTApril 22, 2014
Working here gives you a good look at the different families and cultures and see in a way we all speak the same language.
Productive Learning Environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee), Hartford, CTApril 4, 2014
•Responsible for routine respiratory care in all areas including for PICU, NICU, ED, and Med/Surg floors
•Assist in high risk deliveries and surfactant delivery
•Responsible for postsurgical cardiac ventilator patients
•Preceptor for students
Excellent Place to Work
Registered Nurse- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 5, 2014
This is an excellent institution to work for- educational focus and progressive.
Organization's Commitment to Career Growth and employee development
Analyst (Current Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: ccmc staff is one amazing family
Cons: health care benefit package is quite costly
This organization has been amazing to work for for going on nine years. They however are feeling the pressure of corporate healthcare changes. They are struggling to find a balance of staffing while allowing their staff to then maintain a work life balance.
CCMC is a great place to work to care for children
Pediatric Intensive Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 19, 2013
Pros: working with children
Cons: poor work/home life balance
CCMC is a wonderful place to work if you are interested in pediatrics. It is evolving in it's cardiac programs and has grown over the years.
CT Children's
Patient Care Assistant/MS6 Float Pool (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 6, 2013
Cons: not guaranteed a raise each year.
I loved working for CT Children's. A typical night at work was met by a group of other PCA's and RN's who enjoyed where they were. We each helped each other out and worked as a team. Floating from unit to unit within a few hours was not always ideal, but was needed and required to get the job done.
The hardest part of the job was seeing sick and dying – more... pediatric patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing them smile and knowing you somehow made their stay that much more comfortable. – less
Team environment with strong values and work ethic
Leadership (Current Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 4, 2013
Focus on quality and performance. Excellent Development and education opportunities. Strong focus on values and culture.
Loved working with the children here!
Medical Assistant/ Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Glastonbury, CTJuly 1, 2013
Very stressful job due to the managment and coworkers. But the acutal workload is not too bad. All holidays that the company gives us off, we still have to use our own personal time. The emails we get a day a ridiculus
Fantastic Organization
Certified Principal EPIC trainer (ADT/Prelude) (Current Employee), Hartford, CTApril 13, 2013
CCMC is the only hospital in CT dedicated to children. It's a regional center than plays a vital role in the care of CT's young people.

The staff is very team-oriented. There is a real sense of familial engagement within the organization.
Supportive staff
Pediatric Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: continuing education opportunities, supportive staff, diverse population
Cons: salary, raises, and hours
Working at CCMC has been a great experience. I would have stayed, but moved across the country with my husband for his job. The staff is supportive and there are a lot of opportunities to grow as a clinician.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Medical Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 10, 2012
Pros: fundraisers for children, toy drives, ability to put smiles on children's faces
Set up exam rooms
Work with surgeons and patients to schedule surgery dates
Worked with families and children via telephone and in person

About CONNECTICUT CHILDREN'S MEDICAL CENTER

When their tiny tykes needs some TLC, Nutmeg Staters turn to Connecticut Children's Medical Center (CCMC). CCMC's centerpiece – Read more