Connecting People Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 14, 2017
Great Company to Work for. Good People, Flexible scheduling, friendly. Open door policy so it's always easy to speak to anyone about anything from just an inquiry, suggestion, ideas or improvements.
Cons
Grateful for my time at CPI
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 21, 2016
There is a lot of knowledge and years' experience under Connecting Peoples belt, I 100% urge you to take advantage of this if you join the team. If you want a strong group of people to support you and lift you up in your recruiting career this is the place for you.

They have mastered the internal atmosphere by cultivating a sense of fun and collaboration in every aspect, along with being incredibly professional and courteous to all candidates. Recruiting colleagues were incredibly positive to work with and the client managers were always on top of their update game which made day to day a smoother ride. VP and management always there to help!

I only spent a year at Connecting People before relocating but I learned a lot of things that will carry over in near enough any position I'll have.
Pros
Positive atmosphere. Great commission structure. Collaborative team.
Many Opportunities, But No Support
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 22, 2016
They have a wide variety of positions available through contracts, contract to hire, etc. During the interview process they were very nice, background check did not take long either. However when you start to work a contract, everything changes. Even during the first interview I was told that the supervisor was very "abrupt" and "picky".When I interviewed with the supervisor at the contract company, I showed up right on time and the recruiter from Connecting People told me that I was late if I wasn't early and he seemed scared of the supervisor, profusely apologizing for me being on time and not early. Weird considering I spent 10 minutes waiting to meet with him. After the interview I was repeatedly told to have my time sheet submitted on-time. The recruiter did call me to check in after a few months, but when I told him about the problems I was facing he was not helpful in anyway.

At the contract job the supervisor rarely saw me, since we worked different shifts, and he was a bully to the employees. Many of them had the same experience as me. Hired as contractors through Connecting People and thrown back by the supervisor and his discourtesy. Others told me to take it until I was hired, then I could start standing up for myself "a little", but that never happened. I am glad I don't work there, but very disappointed in how Connecting People staff treated me. They were very abrupt and unhelpful when I asked when I could pick up my last check. When I went in I was made to wait, the recruiter I worked with sent someone else to meet me, even though I asked to talk to someone
  more... about how bad the contract experience was. When someone did come, they handed the check towards me and walked away.

In summary, I enjoyed not working with Connecting People anymore. I learned they are under the control of the companies they contract with and can't help you once you start working. The pay was good, but once you are no longer useful to them, they won't see you or call you again. Good and Bad. Others I talked to had very similar experiences, but it doesn't make me feel better.
Pros
No healthcare so losing a contract only means you lose your pay.
Cons
If you get paid $2/hour, they get paid $1-$2. Why not direct hire?
Friendly Recruiters with Decent Support
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO1August 6, 2016
Didn't actually work with CPI but they managed my contract. I had a couple contracting companies reach out to me but my CPI recruiter was the fastest. No hold ups in the process while other companies were taking longer to get back. Fair rates and always paid on time. Some of the policies you really had to dig for get a clear picture of what will be covered but, overall I had a very good experience with them.
Pros
Lunch, friendly and available support
Kind and caring staff
Contractor - Self Employed (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 1, 2016
I am working with Connecting People for a contract position and they have been on top of the process the entire way. My contact has been extremely encouraging and helpful in preparing for every step of the contracting process. She regularly checks in and provides great information and feedback.

I would strongly recommend this company to a friend or coworker.
Pros
Attentive and caring staff
Contracted through Connecting People - Smart and friendly staff!
IT Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2016
Worked as a contractor for Denver Health through Connecting People Inc. Connecting People is a great recruiting firm to work for, their staff is knowledgeable friendly and helpful whenever needed. They go the extra mile to find job placement and even walked me through the door of the interview for the contract position, not too many recruitment firms that go that far out of their way for your success!
Pros
Lunch with staff and one on one meetings.
Cons
Misled and under-informed about the contract during renewal and review periods.
Productive Place to Have Fun and Make Money
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 1, 2015
Connecting People Inc. was a great experience for me. They had great training for those who are looking to into IT recruiting. They know how to work hard and have fun. The way that they bring people on is great and everyone supports you.

The one thing that I would say about Connecting People would be that there's a lot of pressure to produce. They work in teams, which I believe takes away from the whole company's needs. With each recruiter working on individual account managers needs, there can be a pigeon-holing of recruiters, which means that everyone would not be familiar with all clients and their needs. I would also say that each account manager should take as many recruiters to client sites as possible.

Other than that, I believe that Connecting People was an awesome place to work and I'd work there again if the opportunity presented itself.
Pros
Freedom to move about town as needed, and work hard play hard mentality
Cons
Work in teams where everyone is not familiar with every client
I was treated so well at this company
Contract IT/Software Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver ColoradoAugust 14, 2015
Great people. Great Company. If they had a contract position for me right now, I would quit my current job and take it immediately.

I worked on a contract for Centura Health, so my day was not spent with CPI. But the management of my contract and the treatment of me as their employee, was awesome.

They were also great about making me feel valuable as an employee.
Upgrading networking equipment
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJanuary 24, 2014
Poorly organized
poorly managed
co-workers were mostly great
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Little work, poor management