Connections Education

Connections Education Employer Reviews

nice managers
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 2, 2014
job is fast paced, I learned a phone etiquette and improved my ability to work with others.
just a job
Outbound Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 21, 2013
Pros: awards performance by meal
Cons: management poor
not really good...Management is poor and emplyees are not considered
Very good project management; lower than average compensation
Contract curriculum writer (Current Employee), telecommuteNovember 7, 2013
I work as a remote contractor for this company at the present time. The people with whom I work are energetic, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about the curriculum materials I write. My only concern about this company is the low level of compensation and the lack of advancement opportunities that exist. I, too, get the feeling that Connections has experienced – more... tremendous growth during the past several years and is working hard to catch up. – less
Fun but professional environment to work
Outbound Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Columbia, MdOctober 19, 2013
Nice company to work for I love going to work everyday. The management is great and very understanding. The coworkers are friendly and willing to help.
Poor management, poor compensation, tainted culture!
Call center (Former Employee), MarylandOctober 1, 2013
Pros: cake and breaksfast once a month
Cons: mandatory overtime, low compensation, micro management
In 2010, Connectioms Education was an excellent company to work for. But we the increased number of school opening, the company had to undergo changes which have impacted negatively on the "little people" within the company. If you're not applying for a corporate position with this company, look elsewhere.
Good Company
Accounting Assistant (Temporary) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2013
Employees are willing to help. Great work environment. Everyone is extremely professional, which makes for a good work day.
Low compensation, Great advancement opportunities
MD (Current Employee), MDAugust 20, 2013
Fast growing company with opportunities for advancement. Compensation is low across the board with long work weeks. Great environment to aquire new skills and experience new positions if you can learn on your own. You will be in constant sink or swim situations.
Great company to work for - plenty of room for growth
Training & Quality Analyst, Team Lead (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 11, 2013
Pros: fun work environment, casual dress code, excellent benefits package
Cons: reaching the management level can be difficult, depending on the department
Overall, great place to work. Schedules and time especially during "peak season" can be demanding. Management staff, for the most part are interested in helping the employees meet and grow their talents and skills. Solid foundation as an entry level employee and with tenure, the ability to change departments and increase level of responsibilities is – more... a possibility. – less
N/A
School Outreach Coordinator- Marketing (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2013
Work from home. No opportunities for advancement if you aren't able to work in the main office. Reasonable work/life balance. Growing very rapidly.
I would NEVER work for this company again
Contractor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2012
Pros: working from home
Cons: poorly managed, extra work required, compensation at the discretion of the company and subject to change at will
I was employed with this company as a contractor. At the beginning of my project, I was given a contract to sign. I did so, then began my training. After training, I was told there was an additional part to my project that was not included in my contract, but that I would be compensated anyway. I found that odd, but began work on the additional part – more... of the project and worked 80+ hours on it, submitted work the dates it was due, went through several rounds of revisions. During our weekly/bi-weekly meetings, I felt very disconnected because the company seemed disorganized and seemed to be asking for different things every time we spoke, which made it hard to complete work. During this time I received tons of positive praise and was told they could see me working as a contractor for them for a long time. I was told to submit an invoice for the first half of the work that was completed, which I did. I finally began the actual project I was hired to do and the first work sample I sent in was sent back, and I was told it was horrible, and unacceptable and needed to be redone and given a list of things to change. I changed every item according to my instructions, and resubmitted the work before it was due. I received no contact about the second set of work for three days. At the end of the third day I received a phone call saying they didn't have time to do multiple revisions on my work and they were severing my contract, even though I had made every change they requested. I was told to submit a final invoice for the work I had completed in a certain amount, which I did. Four days later, I received an e-mail stating they were not going to pay me the amount I had submitted the invoices for and that I would receive a check for an amount much less than I'd been told to submit for. I was shocked.

I would never work for this company again and would never advise anyone else to, either. They require work of you that was not initially specified, and feel they can change their compensation of your work at will. The company is poorly manged and disorganized. I constantly had to ask questions about how to perform basic functions of my job because I didn't have the needed materials and they would say, "Oh, that's a good question. I guess we can get that to you."

If you work for this company, chances are you'll get screwed out of your pay. Stay away! – less
Very good company to work for.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2012
Pros: helps a lot of families out.
Cons: can't think of anything
I've been working for this company for almost a year and a half and have nothing but good things to say. That's a good balance between work and personal life.