Connections Education Employee Reviews

A fast-paced work day
English/Drama Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32819September 29, 2016
Connections Education is a positive place to work. They put the needs of their students above all else. The most enjoyable part of the job was working one-on-one with students via the virtual classroom and on the telephone. All my co-workers were willing to help me adjust to the virtual world without any complaints. The administration was supportive. A typical day included: grading, talking to student and coaches on the phone, and a meeting with peers. I learned that students can learn no matter what the classroom.
Pros
Staff, Students, working from home.
Cons
Finding ways to get my blood circulating.
Decent place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
Your job can be very rewarding depending on what you do and who you know with the company. If you are in OKC no chance at advancement this site is only shrinking.
Pros
Holiday's, Work from Home
Cons
Skeleton Staff and expected to "figure it out"
na
Private (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 19, 2016
This company has gone downhill in terms of work life balance, which is basically non-existent now. Coworkers are knowledgeable and enjoyable, but retention will be tricky for this employer.
Growing Company Culture needs to step it up
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 8, 2015
Connections has great potential. It has been a top rated place to work. There are tons of opportunity for growth but they can be hard to capture. The business is growing and changing so fast that the people focus is falling short. To keep it's top notch culture it needs to put some more focus and effort into growing the talent they have in house.
Pros
People are smart, creative and fun
Cons
You can get lost in the mix
Balanced Work Environment w/ Great People
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 10, 2015
This workplace truly values work/life balance, and management is insistent on honoring that balance. Schedules are set, although there is flexibility when things come up.

Tasks can be repetitive, mainly because process is key in this line of work, or else curriculum material could slide.

This is a place where there may not be a whole lot of upward mobility opportunity, especially for right-out-of-college individuals, although if one keeps an open mind and works hard to learn everything they can, opportunities may be more available than you think.

It is an open communication work environment, where conversations can be challenging - although every conversation comes from a good place of improving the quality of the product.

I highly recommend this as a workplace.
Pros
Great people, environment, benefits, and product.
Productive Workplace
Enrollment & Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 21, 2015
Great Place to work. The Company invest in their employees by offering Development Programs to Engage and Retain Top Talent
Growing Pain but Overall Supportive Company
Operations Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 24, 2015
Pros: Manager personalities range from team to team, but overall they are very open to their employees and they all strongly emphasize a work/life balance. The company has regular townhalls with employees and strives to keep them informed and will sponsor free desserts once a month.
Cons: Compensation is not competitive. Unless you are getting promoted, the expected annual merit increase is 2%. Bonuses are some of the worst I've seen in my career. For most employees they average around 2-4%. As a growing company, sometimes you find those legacy employees who have been around since the beginning and have become too complacent in their positions and are not supportive of new hires and also do not pull their weight for the company. Also recent benefit changes have increased prices while also losing quality.
Flexibility to fit schedule
Customer Connections Agent - Tier I- Temp (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 17, 2015
The great thing about this job is that it's perfect if you're in school. This was an awesome part time job for me when I was in college. Gave me the flexibility I need to be able to make money as well as focus on my grades.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Good Entry Level positions available
Intervention Enrollment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 12, 2015
Company prides itself on the success of its employees and students. Company is being on employee recognition and professional development.
Pros
Networking opportunities
Cons
Work/Life balance
Excellent Place to work
Outbound Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  8621 robert fulton driveJune 14, 2014
Conducting interviews and early meetings.
I learned substantial amount of information about public schools.
Co workers were great always looking at ways to improve communication.
Hardest part of the job was busy season getting ready to start the enrollment season.
Working with all of my co workers who performed to the best of their ability ever day.
Pros
The company is increasing the number of departments every year.
Cons
Some of the changes in the departments.
Very good project management; lower than average compensation
Contract curriculum writer (Current Employee) –  telecommuteNovember 7, 2013
I work as a remote contractor for this company at the present time. The people with whom I work are energetic, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about the curriculum materials I write. My only concern about this company is the low level of compensation and the lack of advancement opportunities that exist. I, too, get the feeling that Connections has experienced tremendous growth during the past several years and is working hard to catch up.
Great company to work for - plenty of room for growth
Training & Quality Analyst, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 11, 2013
Overall, great place to work. Schedules and time especially during "peak season" can be demanding. Management staff, for the most part are interested in helping the employees meet and grow their talents and skills. Solid foundation as an entry level employee and with tenure, the ability to change departments and increase level of responsibilities is a possibility.
Pros
Fun work environment, casual dress code, excellent benefits package
Cons
Reaching the management level can be difficult, depending on the department
Poor management, poor compensation, tainted culture!
Call center (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 1, 2013
In 2010, Connectioms Education was an excellent company to work for. But we the increased number of school opening, the company had to undergo changes which have impacted negatively on the "little people" within the company. If you're not applying for a corporate position with this company, look elsewhere.
Pros
Cake and breaksfast once a month
Cons
Mandatory overtime, low compensation, micro management
Best Call Center enviroment I have ever been in!
PSR (Current Employee) –  Columbia MDAugust 31, 2014
I feel blessed to be part of such a great team. Everyone is helpful and they have the best systems in the hold northeast. I have work in excellent companies and in some bad ones but Connections Education is top notch! Thank you CE for giving me an opportunity for allowing me to be part of you!
Pros
Great enviroment. Very organized. Great management and peers.
Cons
Productive and cutting edge work environment.
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2015
Connections is a great place to work with great opportunity for most to advance. There is a wonderful culture of diversity. Connections believe in empowering its employees to advance from with in the company if you fit the mold.
Low compensation, Great advancement opportunities
MD (Current Employee) –  MDAugust 20, 2013
Fast growing company with opportunities for advancement. Compensation is low across the board with long work weeks. Great environment to aquire new skills and experience new positions if you can learn on your own. You will be in constant sink or swim situations.
workplace environment
Senior Manager of Customer Returns (Former Employee) –  baltimore. mdFebruary 3, 2015
a decent place to work, not too overwhelming, gave me time when I needed, communicated with staff efficiently, communicated changes as needed, could be a bigger pioneer in the virtual school industry
Inexperienced Managers
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MDDecember 1, 2014
It's just a job, if looking for growth this is not the place for you,
Pros
Work from home, cake and breakfast once a month
Cons
Poor Compensation, and some of the managers have less experience than the people who work for them.
Very good company to work for.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2012
I've been working for this company for almost a year and a half and have nothing but good things to say. That's a good balance between work and personal life.
Pros
helps a lot of families out.
Cons
can't think of anything
Fun but professional environment to work
Outbound Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MdOctober 19, 2013
Nice company to work for I love going to work everyday. The management is great and very understanding. The coworkers are friendly and willing to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Connections Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8