ConocoPhillips

ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
Well site safety and environmental consultant (Former Employee), Watford City,NDMay 22, 2015
Best company to work for truly care about the people they and their contractors. Safety comes first and no matter what Safety will not be compromised
Poor management during decline in oil prices.
Refer to Resume (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKMay 17, 2015
Pros: Paid well, but that was also reason for layoff.
Cons: Paid well, but that was also reason for layoff.
This is a cyclical industry. The recent CEO did not plan for downtimes, and it seems the shift in oil prices caught him unaware. He was less than forthcoming when he announced to staff that upcoming layoffs would be performance based. They were not. They let go people with high salary grades and long histories of strong performance to save money and usher in a younger, less paid, less qualified generation of employees.
Good, Challenging Place to Work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Salary, 401k Match
Cons: Subject to commodity market with oil and gas
Incredible benefits, best I have ever had in my career. 401K matching was ranked #1 in U.S. by Bloomberg magazine. Unfortunately when oil prices are good, times are good, when they drop, things get very tight. This is true of all Oil and Gas companies.
Productive and fun place to work
Operations and Exploration Geologist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
I really enjoyed working for ConocoPhillips. It was a great place to work with many intelligent and highly qualified geoscientists.
Young Culture Disregarded Experience
Canadian Revenue Staff Analyst (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKMay 6, 2015
Too focused on overpaying new hires to come to Bartlesville. Did not utilize highly experienced employees. Commute not worth the money.
Facility Engineer
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Worked with great people
Cons: under appreciated
• Worked closely with Facility & Production Engineers on designing Facilities
• Worked on $600,000 water separator filtration system.
• Supported IE on TTMS Upgrade for our offshore platform.
• Helped with planning of SDV Air supply for offshore platform.
• Started a project to create PFD’s for all conventional assets for COP
• Created team building events for COP Managers
• Revised P&IDs for GCBU Assets
• Part of a team to help improve the MOC process
• Responsible for closing MOC’s for GCBU as the MOC Coordinator
• Worked on offshore projects
This company takes care of their people
Staff Geophysicist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
It was an honor working for ConocoPhillips during the last ten years. This company takes good care of their people and it is an equal opportunity place to work.
Excellent place to work
Weekly Financial Reporting Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
Lots of possibilities to grow a career. This company prefers to promote their employees. There is always some kind of activity from one club or another in which one can network with people from other departments or business units.
It was a great gig while it lasted
Consultant for PAC, GCBU, Eagle Ford Field (Former Employee), Kenedy, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: Learned much, great people to work with
Cons: Paperwork was lengthy
I received my job assignment, and proceeded to implement the tasks. My main responsibilities included horizontal drilling and production, and procuring the highest level of safety. Managers excelled in interpersonal relationships, communication, and overall well-being of employees. Co-workers were knowledgeable and most were willing to share that knowledge with others. The paperwork was somewhat redundant and time-consuming, though necessary. Every aspect of the job was interesting and forming friendships with co-workers was great.
Great place to work with great people
Chemistry Research Technician (Former Employee), Bartlesville, OKApril 27, 2015
Great place to work with great people! Very safe and the people really cared about you. Research was challenging and fun!
The approach for all staff to learn and grow professionally was encouraged.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Energy Corridor, Houston, TexasApril 22, 2015
Cons: Limited access to the gym.
It was a pleasure to work with talented and dedicated associates. Even when some parts of the work was difficult, there was always an atmosphere of "can do".
Great place to work, great benefits, very much an employee friendly company.
Executive Admin Assistant/Sr. Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great physical working environment, employee health and wellness was very important. Great benefits.
As part of the support for the VP and his management team, I supported the group of Global Chiefs (experts) for the company. I scheduled meetings, handled all travel arrangements (domestic and international), travel and reconciliation of expense statements for all ten of the Chiefs. I was a part of a huge network of folks who could help and would easily show their abilities to anyone who would ask.

Over the years I learned to appreciate the diversities and differences of working with a great group people and the jobs they have to do. Overall, management is great. Our CEO constantly showed respect for all (call people by name and praise and credit where deserved).

I can say that for the past eight years, I worked with some of the best within the company. It was a very pleasant working environment most of the time. At times "patience under pressure" was needed. The key was keeping cool in difficult times.
Strong Company
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Bartlesville, OKApril 20, 2015
COP is a company that can downsize quickly to accommodate for the industry situation. Also, they upsize just as quickly.
Had a very good and fulfilling experience
System Administrator (Former Employee), HoustonApril 20, 2015
My experience at COP was fairly decent, I didn't have a bad experience until the market collapsed and there were waves of cuts
Team work makes project easy
Principal Research Geophysicist (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good benefit and salary
Cons: I consider no Cons with conocophillips
In a typical work day, I focus on completing on-going projects. If technical issues arise, I communicate with team members and supervisor to decide a path forward in solving technical problems. Since our team members work well with each other, it is most enjoyable to learn from each other with constructive suggestions. When our team reaches a milestone of the project, the team lead or supervisor always gives positive feedback, telling us that we are doing a good job. The least enjoyable part is to complete the required paper work occasionally.
Great Company
Snr Technology F&PA (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Great company, good benefits. Career development is only for the selected few not everyone. Great co-workers and work life balance
Solid company
Global Category Leader (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Cyclical industry
Excellent management but unwise decision to repurchase company stock in 2014. 2015 layoffs. There is some nepotism in hiring from other industries.
Co operative management
Sr. ETL Developer (Current Employee), bartlesville oklahomaApril 10, 2015
i would say its a good place to work. we have a good growth here. i really enjoy to working here. Its like working with learning.
Good work place
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Lysite, WYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: 7 on 7 off shift
Cons: H2S gas
Good place to work with benefits and bonus pay. Shift work switching from nights to days and every other 7 days off.
wish some times I would have stayed but wanted a change.
Great place to work.
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 22, 2015
I have enjoyed working for ConocoPhillips. I've learned a lot from the company and what they do in the E&P upstream sector. I work with employees and managers that work with the employee to get them what is needed for their career success.

1 2 3 4 5

About ConocoPhillips

ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered – Read more

ConocoPhillips Salaries