ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Director, Strategy & Business Development (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
People are so collaborative and helpful. The culture is balanced - the activity level depends on what area you are working. Great benefits. There are opportunities to develop.
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for as an Employee and Contractor
Foreman/Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Cessford, AlbertaSeptember 14, 2017
I left ConocoPhillips in 2003 to start my own Oil and Gas Consulting business and have worked for ConocoPhillips as an Consultant and as an Employee, so know both sides and they are great.
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I was here for 10 years and don't regret a single day. I had to find something else that was due to an incident that happened on the job. I would recommend to anyone. Exceptional Boss!!
One of the better companies I work for
Production Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, NMSeptember 10, 2017
I work for ConocoPhillips 16+yrs. I enjoy my time there. I had a chance to work within all departments and had a great working relationship with all. I was laid off, due to low prices. But hold no ill feeling, during my time there I gave them the best I had to give and in return they showed their gratitude by advancements. I would go back tomorrow if ask to.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great people, balance of family time. Great Manager.
Cons
Stressful time during layoffs.
Good Place to work
Sr Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Good place to work. Due to oil and gas price fluctuation less job security and less opportunities for growth. Otherwise it is good place to work with good benefits and pay.
Satisfying but coworkers could be a burden
Multi-Skilled Operator (MSO) (Current Employee) –  North DakotaAugust 31, 2017
The Job is a good paying satisfying job but it is still oil field. There are some people that would probably be fired from other companies that manage to keep their job. Other people that are good employees are let go because their position or office or asset went away or was sold.
To be or not to be
Electrical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2017
From fairest creatures we desire increase,
That thereby beauty's rose might never die,
But as the riper should by time decease,
His tender heir might bear his memory:
But thou contracted to thine own bright eyes,
Feed'st thy light's flame with self-substantial fuel,
Making a famine where abundance lies,
productive and fast paced
Mechanical Inspector (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 25, 2017
management was great and employes which I worked around were highly skilled in there trades. days were cold but heated areas were provided to warm up in.
Staff Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 24, 2017
ConocoPhillips is a great place to work. The people are great and the workplace is nice. Just seems to have too many layoffs lately due to low oil prices.
Pros
great benefits, people are great
Cons
too many layoffs when oil prices are low
Good oil company but challenged with low price of oil
Busienss Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Company has great culture and benefits but has had to lay off a lot of people due to low price of oil. Your job security depends a lot on how the company does against its financial goals. Be careful.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Job insecurity
Stressful place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 16, 2017
Show up to work and work mostly on computer and attend a lot of meetings. Working in new Delaware Basin. Brought in a new boss and wants to run operations business as a completionns group. trouble keeping employees with this manager.
Great
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 15, 2017
Good company with a lot of perks. Not immune from the cycles of the oil and gas industry, but when times are good, they are good. Great people and culture that can't be topped. Join an employee network.
Great Work Environment
Global DSD / Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
One of the best places I have worked at. Just like with any company, there are a few bad apples but it is not a representation of the entire company .
Pros
Leadership possibilities
Cons
Oil volatility
A fun place to work
Piping Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 12, 2017
Conoco was a place with great culture. Overall, all the personnel were friendly and inviting and had a family culture. The compensation was amazing. Management needed some massaging however.
Management is running it into the ground....
Anaylst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 11, 2017
Since the split, Conocophillips as a stand alone E&P has gone from a 21billion per year capital budget to a 6billion a year capital budget. So, the job security has been awful. Carreer advancement has been on a hold, and there has been the biggest "brain drain" losing talented employees and being stuck with people who want to be here because they are afraid to venture out of there comfort zones. This was not on accident, the company wanted a huge natural attrition, it was literally stated as a company goal.

I would say, if they are hiring, go for it, but don't expect to be here long.

Good luck.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Awful job security/career advancement
Nice friendly environment
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  University Place, WAAugust 9, 2017
Relief graveyard worker. Brew coffe every two hours, dust down, internal inventory, assist manager in store orders and inventory. Check for expired merchandise. I liked the environment and the customers were pretty nice and friendly, except for the few unfriendly out-of-Townes that stop in every now and then. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the irate occasional people Andy the complainers.
Declining company in a struggling industry
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 3, 2017
Right now is a poor time for the Petrochem industry and COP is taking the brunt of it. The company seems to be positioning itself for sale at the moment.
Cut Throat
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKAugust 3, 2017
COP has had more than five layoffs in the last 8 years. Training and pay are good, but they seem to use layoffs as an answer to every budget issue that arises.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
don't plan on staying forever
Family friendly & safe
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 2, 2017
They are one of the safest companies I have worked for. I always had family time. However, communication, organization & compensation are poor at best
Pros
Safe / Lots of time off with family
Cons
Poor communication, organization & financial compensation
Great environment with big gym
Gas Settlement / Pipeline Gas Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2017
Good workplace culture with great colleagues to work with. Looking forward to com into work every morning. Love the flexible time that the company offered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ConocoPhillips. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2