ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work, great co-workers
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Offshore GB-783A Magnolia Platform Guld of MexicoDecember 1, 2015
Start the day off with a safety meeting and the days activities, 7 A.M. reports, check wells and chemicals, 9 A.M. report verify numbers for office. Continue with BSEE Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement reports. Deal with construction crew and safety, hardest part of job is the unexpected valve closures on downstream facilities causing a platform shut-in. Management and co-workers are always on top of their job to maintain a safety culture.
The most enjoyable part of the job is training others to operate the platform and work safe accurately verify your reports and go home safe.
temp admin support
PM Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 30, 2015
Company I was employed by was a temp agency. We had great shifts, competitive pay, awesome benefits. But because we were temps we were treated like the black sheep of the family for group activities such as holiday parties.
benefits
Cons
clicks separated temp and perm employees
A fast environment with varied responsibilities for various locations made it a fun and interesting job.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Trainer, PA, and Bartlesville, OKNovember 27, 2015
A great environment with a dedicated hard working group of employees. Purchasing for Alaska, Canada, and Wyoming, all being in different time zones always kept the work flow coming. This resulted in the days going fast.
Pros
Main Purchasing arena for the company.
Standard Shipping Job
2nd Mate (Former Employee) –  At SeaNovember 25, 2015
Shipped out of the San Francisco MM&P hall for a 90 day tour on the Anasazi. I learned about a product shipping and the workings of a handy size tanker delivering precise quantities and product safely and on time.
I enjoyed working at company
Senior Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
It was good challenging work and I accomplished many things, however I felt unappreciated in the long run. I December 2009 the company laid me off.
Pros
Lunches, free food, great Gym.
Cons
Laid off
Work environment
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2015
Major material contribution to company's growth is from individual contributions. Team work, supervisors' contribution, role of managers become progressively poor.
Pros
Salary & benefits
Cons
Middle management
great team
Sr. Planner EF Projects Org (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2015
this team was a very cohesive one very professional and enthusiastic environment, very hard work. Unfortunately project got cancelled due to market condition in the 3rd quarter 2015 and laid off process took place.
ConocoPhillips is a great company to work for.
Business Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TXNovember 12, 2015
My only regret in working for ConocoPhillips is that my position was eliminated in the most recent layoff.
They were one of the best companies I ever worker for.
Pros
Premier safety culture
Cons
Were financially unperpared to operate as an independent.
Great experience at ConocoPhillips
Production/Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forsan, TXNovember 11, 2015
I was the Oil and Gas Production Assistant. It is basically an administrative assistant position that was responsible for producing daily and weekly production reports. I also logged and tracked lost production. I reviewed and approved invoices. I scheduled meetings, teleconferences and special events. I was in charge of making sure that all employees complied with our records management program. I acted as the Fleet Coordinator for over 40 vehicles. I worked in Microsoft office and used fax, copy and scanner on daily basis. I also acted as the Ergonomic Assessor. I received and process incoming and outgoing mail and was accountable for all other administrative processes.
Pros
family like coworker relationships, great pay, benefits
ConocoPhillips was a good Company to work for
Global New Ventures Principal Geoscientist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2015
ConocoPhillips was a good Company to work for. It allowed me to find over 2 billion barrels of oil and develop over 1.3 billion barrels.
Safety orient company with good benefits
Sr. Completions Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2015
Was given the opportunity to work and learn a varity of on the job computer data programs.
Which gave me the opportunity to later train and assist other in learning these very same programs.
Worked with various BU's within the company, which gave me the opportunity to work with various supervisors and co-workers.
I had some of the best supervisors one could ask for, which made you look forward to coming to work, even when you weren't filling the best.
Enjoyed the various supervisors I had the priviledge to work with that promoted a good atmospher and unity among the work group.
The most important part of my jobs with this company was filling that each day I came to work I felt I accomplish and aided in fufilling the department daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly goals establish by upper management.
Magnificant benefits and ethics towards their employes.
Pros
State of the art Gym free for employe's and family
Cons
Downsizing due the Oil and Gas economy
One of the best companies to work for.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2015
Most co-workers are friendly, cooperative, knowledgeable, supportive, helpful, and nice to work with. I enjoyed working for this company every day.
Pros
Excellent benefits package.
ConocoPhillips is a great company for compensation but suffers from cyclical commodities fluctuation thus affecting capital.
Production Optimization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 8, 2015
Great work place to work with.
Assistant Planner and Scheduler Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 6, 2015
Previously worked with many experienced people for oil and gas industry. Maintained, analyzed, and updated data into the system daily. The most enjoyable part was to be in a face pace working environment. By working with the big organization, I had a chance to learn many computer programs which was the hardest part of the job some time.
my experience at the conocophillips refinery
Asbestos Abatement Worker (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKNovember 5, 2015
My job experience at the ConocoPhillips refinery was very good I learned many things like how to read the air sockets. How to deal with spills. How chemicals are very dangerous and how we have to be aware not to touch anything without reading the SDS
challenging projects
Project Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDNovember 5, 2015
It is hard to find management that you enjoy and have no problems supporting. I would work for my immediate supervisor anywhere any time.
Pros
Worked 2 weeks on 2 weeks off.
Cons
Had to work in Dickinson ND.
Enjoyed working here
administrative (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKNovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed my coworkers. We were a really great workgroup. I liked not having to work overtime in my position. I learned a lot through the company's training program.
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
layoffs
Company is great.
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Kenedy, TXNovember 2, 2015
They take the time to improve their employees by training them yearly. Co-workers and management work as a team to accomplish common goal. Safety is number one and if you do not believe that then working for COP will not work out for you.
Overall good place to work
SharePoint Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2015
I was there for few years and enjoyed working. Good team and very friendly environment. I learned a lot during my tenure there.
Customers were great.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 23, 2015
Everday was a great day, customers were mostly regulars. I did learn all the regulars names and the ones who came in for certain lottery tickets.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Worked a lot.