ConocoPhillips Employee Reviews in United States

Used to be challenging. Good Pay.
Reservoir Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2016
The company used to be a good company with many opportunities. With the downturn the workload has decreased dramatically. Management is cliquish.
Pros
Good pay and people.
Cons
Management and opportunities.
Project Work Fun
Share Point IT Project Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKFebruary 17, 2016
Enjoyed the scope of my work and looked forward to handling turns in the project, as new opportunities to solve problems occured. Daily Scrum Meetings and Daily Dashboard Metric Reporting occured and proved to be informative and a great place to share your ideas and recap yesterday's resolutions to troubleshooting! Great environment - all types of folks - home away from home!
Pros
Hours & PAY
Cons
Parking - if you don't like to walk much :)
Enjoyed working at ConocoPhillips
Staff Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Enjoyed coming up with oil & natural gas prospects and getting them drilled if capital was available. Good co-workers with too many layers of management.
Pros
Good co-workers and operations employees and lots of resources to work with
Cons
Slow moving large company organized in functional silos
Very Highly Initiative and Professional
Completion Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 11, 2016
Very fast and productive days. Learned to be very responsible and has solid customs and courtesy. Work very well with other co-workers. Job is very easy and the most enjoyable part of the job is work hard and receive commendations
Pros
Prefessionals
Cons
N/A
Great Experience
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2016
Great place to work at.
Awesome environment and experience to gain.
Great Management and co-workers to work with.
Enjoyed every aspect of working at ConocoPhillips.
Great employer to work for
Lead Drilling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Watford City, ND (rotating supervisor)February 7, 2016
COP is a great place to work but, I'd like to explore different opportunities in light of current oil prices. I do enjoy the work and like the gratification you get when seeing a well you drilled completed and put online.
Great Team work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Permian BasinFebruary 4, 2016
good work schedule ,a lot of new technology and experience Excellent Group to work with , Good team work communication from planning to execution , very experienced team
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Location no Accomidation
Great Place!
Document Controller Specialist - EDMS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2016
Everyone you work with is outgoing, The training that is provided is exceptional. They will make sure that you fully understand the position before sending you on your way!
Pros
Relaxed
Busy fast paced job
Sr Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJanuary 30, 2016
Enjoyed the activity on my desk. There was always things to do. Monthly reporting for internal and external companies and government agencies. Prepared reports for partners. created spreadsheets to link files to eliminate duplicate data entry. hardest part was when the system went down on a day that deadlines were due. System was not very user friendly.
Pros
Co-workers, benefits
Cons
Work/Life balance
Very safety oriented company to work for.
Onsite Supervisor (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Good company to work for with good and professional people to work with.
Enjoyed working with different people from around the United States.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long drive to work
Excellent place to work.
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJanuary 24, 2016
Very good salaries and good benefits. The people are great. I worked there 34 and 1/2 years. There are a lot of oppotunities for younger employees.
Pros
Salaries
Cons
Instability of the oil industry
Enjoyed working for ConocoPhillips
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 21, 2016
Anchorage, Alaska was a great place to work. I feel very honored to have been transferred to work there. Met some good people that I hated to leave. I did not have a typical day at work. I loved my job, but without your supervisor backing you, you are out.

Supervisors need more training on how to be a good leader.

I learned why it is so important to have and follow processes and guidelines.
Pros
benefits, team building events, 9 hr work days with every other Friday off
Cons
medical was hard to deal with
Middle of the Road
Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 19, 2016
This company overall seems to have a good vision of where it is going. The job can be either great or terrible based on which office you work out of and what your managers are like. It can be very difficult to advance unless you are in a network or very close to an upper management person. They like to take your days off to do company training. The pay is good but far behind many energy companies. The fiscal waste within this company is shocking and hard to swallow as a professional and a shareholder.
Pros
Exciting industry, solid company debt reduction program, many work locations
Cons
Fiscal waste, hard to advance, very cyclical
Fun and entertaining
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVJanuary 15, 2016
I miss working at this company but I dont miss working with a few of the people. The job itself was great and I loved it. I was always decorating and making chances to entertain the customers. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, and the store manager was easy to work with. But at the same time the hardest part was working for the store manager because we knew each other outside of work as well. It was also difficult because I was the youngest person working for the company which is way I was laid off first.
Pros
the job was a pro
Cons
manager was a big jerk and didnt like that I helped make the place better.
excellent company to contract services employees
Safety Representative & Relief PIC Consultant (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJanuary 13, 2016
Sierra-Hamilton is a job placement and skills provider to oil companies that need skilled contractors to do and run their jobs. They were very good in taking care of their contract employees and making sure they were compensated properly. Highest regards for this company.
well managed and safe company
Completions Well-Sites Consultant (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDJanuary 13, 2016
ConocoPhillips is truly top notch, well managed and well organized company genuinely concerned for personal, equipment and environmental safety.
Productive and fun enviroenment
Multi skilled worker (Current Employee) –  Forsan, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Being able to arrive to work daily and learning new skills, strategies and techniques. This company gave me the opportunity to better understand the oil and gas fields.
Was a great place to work at one time.
Geophysicist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Current economic conditions and lack of technical strategy make this a difficult place to recommend. Large turnover and lack of appreciation for technical expertise has resulted in low morale and limited focus on career development.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Little appreciation for technical expertise.
Good Place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work. Too bad for oilfield slump would have loved to have retired with Company. Would be willing to go back if called upon.
Pros
Great Place to Grow
Conoco Phillips, Houston, TX
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 1, 2016
Conoco Phillips is committed to the efficient and effective exploration and production of oil and natural gas. Producing oil and natural gas and getting them to market takes ingenuity, technology and investments. Our innovative, collaborative efforts yield products that improve quality of life globally while producing economic benefits with far-reaching influence.
Pros
had little pressure
Cons
mostly was catching dead lines.