Conroe Regional Medical Center

Conroe Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Case Manager Job
Case Manager (Current Employee), Conroe, TexasJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Insurance is affordable
Cons: negative environment, work through lunch often
We had a recent change in management, and not for the better. There is a constant flux of duties, units, and coworkers, mostly due to management and leadership in our department.

There is low employee morale overall and the job itself is stressful. It is not uncommon for someone to leave after a few months. The job expectations are almost impossible to live up to!
Social Work experience
Social Worker (Former Employee), Conroe, TexasJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches two days a week, a CEO who is motivated, reasonable price for insurance for one person, many caring employees
Cons: Often overwhelming
I will start by saying that I do not believe that most hospitals utilize Social Workers to capitalize on their experience and knowledge, and this hospital is no exception.

Social Work turnover is a frequent occurrence here, as it is in most hospitals. During my time there, I witnessed 5 other hard-working, compassionate Social Workers go elsewhere due to feeling underutilized.

Unfortunately, – more... the management here is not very supportive of employees, particularly the Social Workers. This might be because of an inherent lack of understanding in what Social Workers know and do; I am not sure. However, I do know that you are placed in a different department and managed by nurses only, so there is a definitve disconnect between your skillset and the expectations, more so than some other local hospitals, I surmise. A frequent mantra of the management here was "there is no division between Social Work and Case Management" which simply is not the case.

Case Managers here have an RN only for the most part (an Associate's degree) which is a degree in nursing. Unfortunately, you will frequently hear "I need a Social Worker" by the Case Management staff, which to me is inappropriate language for what we can offer. I often felt as though I was an assistant to Case Managers during my time here rather than a valued member of the team with a unique skillset and outlook.

This is not an enviornment where you are able to hone your counseling skills. There is more of an emphasis on quantity than quality and there is a focus to maintain profits and save money. This is not an innately negative trait of a company, but I think most Social Workers tend to envision themselves in a different sort of role where they have time for more meaningful and personable interactions.

There are no LCSW's that can provide supervision, no intern opportunities, no covered CEU opportunities, no support groups, and no compensation for obtaining a higher level of licensure. The pay is higher than most jobs for Social Workers, but it is often said that other local hospitals do pay much more.

What Case Management means in this particular hospital:
-Doing discharge planning
-Going back and forth between floors to cover different units when a Case Manager is off (which is every day)
-Working with patients who have suicidal or homicidal ideations and/or other psychiatric issues
-Attending weekly discharge meetings
-Setting up transfers to other hospitals
-Setting up home health, rehab, nursing home, durable medical equipment, etc.
-Making APS/CPS reports often

Holidays:
There are some occasions in which management will grant a holiday off, but this is taken out of your Paid Time Off accrual.

Weekends:
You will have to work 2-4 weekends a year and be on unpaid on call for a week as well. That essentially means that you have to work all of the referrals (30-100 a day) that come up on that weekend day, because you will be the only person in the hospital handling referrals. Holidays are the same way, only usually there are more people there to help. Sometimes, you can get off early on a holiday.

Coworkers:
There are approximately 25 Case Managers and 4 Social Workers. There are 4 floors and an inpatient rehab and Social Workers are assigned to a floor and have 2-4 Case Managers that they are expected to assist. It is a fast paced, busy job. When you have to cover other Case Managers, which is several times a week, it can become extremely busy. You are discouraged from socializing with other Social Workers so that there will not be a division in the team.

Pros:
Some pros of the job include getting free lunches two days a week, a new CEO who is very interested in renovating the hospital and updating it, interesting clients and cases, and more pay than many Social Work roles.

I would not recommend this hospital due to the way they structure the Social Work role and the lack of understanding about Social Workers. – less
Worst job ever!
Radiologic/Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJune 1, 2015
Stay as far away from this hospital as you possibly can! Worst work environment I've ever seen. Terrible pay, terrible management, and nobody cares about you, regardless of how much time and energy you invest in your job.
Production place to work at
Director of Medical Staff Services (Current Employee), Conroe, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Work environment
Cons: N/A
Senior leadership is wonderful to work with. Nursing leaders are great co-workers. The physicians are wonderful to work with.
Good
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Conroe, TXApril 9, 2015
The work place is great. The hospital is trauma two. Radiologic technologists do a lot of inpatients, outpatients, surgery and ER.
Friendly place to work!
Patient Portal Concierge (Current Employee), Conroe, TxMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, great benefits, excellent parking.
Cons: Lots of down time, laxed security.
We have a meeting every Tuesday morning to make sure things are running smoothly. Management has a "Green Light" system that they use to help us accomplish tasks. My coworkers are friendly and generally keep to themselves, which is nice because we have a lot to do. I believe the hardest part of the job is when we are unable to help the patients to the extent that they need. But the most enjoyable part would have to be seeing the smiling faces on the patients that we are able to help.
A great learning experience
Certified Nurese Assistant (Former Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: smiling faces, room to excel
Cons: tired feet, and exhausted minds
Family oriented, with a touch of class, room for advancement, alot of encourgement to be the best that you can be. Enjoyed all my coworkers and my supervisor miss very much
Worst job I've ever had...
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Conroe, TexasDecember 10, 2014
Pros: you can quit anytime
Cons: in order to quit you have to work there.
The nursing staff will ridicule and torture staff of lesser education than them and the staff is lazy. I went there because I couldn't breathe all they did was x-ray my chest and send me on my way saying I needed to go see and see a specialist. Thing is I can't afford it and I explain that to them very clearly they didn't even give me anything to help me breathe. Worst hospital ever and I don't find myself ever going back not as a patient nor as an employee....
An excellent place to work.
Temporary Mammographer/Bone Densitometrist (Former Employee), Conroe, TXOctober 29, 2014
Management and co-workers were extremely pleasant people. The job culture is excellent.
understaffed and limited room for growth
Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Unit 1 North (Current Employee), med surgAugust 11, 2014
ridiculous patient loads of up to seven at one time with no tech
nice place to work
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJuly 1, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay
They offer flexible shifts, for example they offer 12 hrs shifts 7 on and 7 off. Willing to work with your school schedule.
I am disappointed with my experience with the exception of all the great peer staff of the healthcare team.
RCP II, NPS (Former Employee), Conroe, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: worklife, management
Most importantly, I LOVE being a Respiratory Therapist.
Peer staff is fantastic!!!!! Everyone I worked with on the healthcare team worked their hardest giving their all to their department, peers, and their patients across the board.
Middle Management lacks immensely in how they treat staff. Skills based on career experience vs under utilized as an asset to the department and subjected to a task oriented – more... robot-like mentality that did not allow for feeling of accomplishment or ability to provide contribution the environment.
I have not ever in my career worked in this kind of atmosphere, and I have worked in major trauma centers in various large cities. The department management made for a degrading, condescending, stressful and the least fulfilling work-life, making the department staff overall feel like their personal ethics and protection of livelihood was null and void.
I pray that Conroe Regional Medical Center is not a direct reflection of HCA as a whole. – less
Wonderful team, making it easy to work with a smile.
RN Staff Nusrse (Current Employee), Conroe, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: floating to different floors
Fast paced, but enough time to help and try to please those in need.
I'm better at communicating, and have leaned to find out things about people that help to build a more personal connection.
Being willing and available to help others makes it much easier to delegate and manage others.
Coworkers as a group create the floors personality, my coworkers are all fantastic.
Pleasing every one all the time is the hardest part of my job, but i try.
The thanks from patients and their families!
Great family oriented workplace.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), Conroe, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: flexible
Great family oriented employer. Very flexible with work hours whenever possible to accommodate family events.
great place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Conroe, TXApril 8, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: rarely had time for breaks
Great group of people to work with. I learned something new everyday.
Never a dull moment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Conroe, TexasApril 8, 2014
Pros: being part of a team that cared about life
Cons: losing a life
Worked the second shift, 1400-2300 Monday-Thursday and loved it since I drove back to my home in Arlington every weekend. Being a unit secretary kept you on your toes and one met people from every walk of life and from every situation imaginable. One moment you're laughing from exhaustion, the next you're trying to maintain your composure when a family is struggling over losing their loved one, to wanting to lecture someone for doing a drug overdose or texting while driving. At the end of the shift you feel good about what you've done and know you've done the best you could do.
enjoys the night shift
Phlebotomist/ Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Conroe, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: night shift
Cons: we are short staffed sometimes so the workload doubles sometimes
I perform about 30-40 venipunctures per shift and stand almost the full 10 hour shift
a very productive and nice place to work
Unit Secretary/Nurse Technician (Former Employee), Conroe, TXOctober 15, 2013
Pros: 30 min lunches breaks and i loved the grill area in the cafeteria.
Cons: i wished the lunch breaks were an hour besides 30 minutes and the health benefits were better.
I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center for years and it was a nice experience and a good hospital to work for. I learned my job as a unit secretary there very well and i was one of the best at what i knew. My most enjoyable part was interacting with my co-workers and doing my job to the best of my ability.
productive place,lots of things to learn w/ little a fun or may be non at all-our holiday/christmas party is taken away.
registered nurse (Former Employee), 2 northAugust 27, 2013
Pros: i have $7.00 worth of free meal
Cons: healthcare benefits is not as good
it's a productive workplace with a lot of things to learn,but the workload is increasing where the fun part turn into a stressful outcome.co-workers are helpful in some ways,but they do have their own share of work to do.the hardest part is when we are short handed w/ staff.the fun part is when our patients and the management recognize and appreciate our work.
Family environment and progressive healthcare in rural setting
Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Conroe, TXAugust 12, 2013
Our hospital is always busy. From critical to general patients. We see it all. I have learned so much and advanced from GN to Management. My coworkers are the best. Everyone is helpful and enjoys coming to work. Nursing is truly a calling for these nurses.

Conroe Regional Medical Center Salaries