Conroe Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Not a bad facility to work in overall
Registered Nurse - ICU (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 10, 2016
The scheduling was reasonable, which permitted a good work/life balance. Management was largely invisible, though. The job culture was clannish and non-inclusive. For me, the worst part of the job was the commute.
Pros
Good schedule.
Cons
Invisible Management.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Has been a long time, do not feel I can give a fair review. During my time there my direct management changes almost yearly, so that made it kind of tough.
Pros
Has been a long time, do not feel I can give a fair review.
Cons
Has been a long time, do not feel I can give a fair review.
sometimes fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 30, 2016
At first hours and days not accommodating, enjoyed the doctors and got along very well with the staff. only left because of better hours and closer to home.
Case Manager Job
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TexasJuly 18, 2015
We had a recent change in management, and not for the better. There is a constant flux of duties, units, and coworkers, mostly due to management and leadership in our department.

There is low employee morale overall and the job itself is stressful. It is not uncommon for someone to leave after a few months. The job expectations are almost impossible to live up to!
Pros
Insurance is affordable
Cons
negative environment, work through lunch often
Enjoyable job experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Conroe Regional. I had a wonderful opportunity to work with elderly, new moms and babies. It was a growing experience for my heart and I can appreciate what the medical field does for our community.
Pros
New Growth
Cons
Limited Hours
Amazing company to work for
Patient Portal Concierge (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 30, 2015
My work days were always filled with great people. This company let me work when i needed to so that it did not effect my college schedule.
Friendly place with great people
CLS Trainee (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 30, 2015
Healthcare is stressful. But people here are extremely nice and always ready to help others. Management group is going out of their way to make sure every employee is happy with their job.
Friendly place to work!
Patient Portal Concierge (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TxMarch 24, 2015
We have a meeting every Tuesday morning to make sure things are running smoothly. Management has a "Green Light" system that they use to help us accomplish tasks. My coworkers are friendly and generally keep to themselves, which is nice because we have a lot to do. I believe the hardest part of the job is when we are unable to help the patients to the extent that they need. But the most enjoyable part would have to be seeing the smiling faces on the patients that we are able to help.
Pros
Free coffee, great benefits, excellent parking.
Cons
Lots of down time, laxed security.
Worst job ever!
Radiologic/Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 1, 2015
Stay as far away from this hospital as you possibly can! Worst work environment I've ever seen. Terrible pay, terrible management, and nobody cares about you, regardless of how much time and energy you invest in your job.
Worst job I've ever had...
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TexasDecember 10, 2014
The nursing staff will ridicule and torture staff of lesser education than them and the staff is lazy. I went there because I couldn't breathe all they did was x-ray my chest and send me on my way saying I needed to go see and see a specialist. Thing is I can't afford it and I explain that to them very clearly they didn't even give me anything to help me breathe. Worst hospital ever and I don't find myself ever going back not as a patient nor as an employee....
Pros
you can quit anytime
Cons
in order to quit you have to work there.
Production place to work at
Director of Medical Staff Services (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 19, 2015
Senior leadership is wonderful to work with. Nursing leaders are great co-workers. The physicians are wonderful to work with.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
N/A
A great learning experience
Certified Nurese Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Family oriented, with a touch of class, room for advancement, alot of encourgement to be the best that you can be. Enjoyed all my coworkers and my supervisor miss very much
Pros
smiling faces, room to excel
Cons
tired feet, and exhausted minds
Wonderful team, making it easy to work with a smile.
RN Staff Nusrse (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 30, 2014
Fast paced, but enough time to help and try to please those in need.
I'm better at communicating, and have leaned to find out things about people that help to build a more personal connection.
Being willing and available to help others makes it much easier to delegate and manage others.
Coworkers as a group create the floors personality, my coworkers are all fantastic.
Pleasing every one all the time is the hardest part of my job, but i try.
The thanks from patients and their families!
Pros
close to home
Cons
floating to different floors
Never a dull moment
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TexasApril 8, 2014
Worked the second shift, 1400-2300 Monday-Thursday and loved it since I drove back to my home in Arlington every weekend. Being a unit secretary kept you on your toes and one met people from every walk of life and from every situation imaginable. One moment you're laughing from exhaustion, the next you're trying to maintain your composure when a family is struggling over losing their loved one, to wanting to lecture someone for doing a drug overdose or texting while driving. At the end of the shift you feel good about what you've done and know you've done the best you could do.
Pros
being part of a team that cared about life
Cons
losing a life
a very productive and nice place to work
Unit Secretary/Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 15, 2013
I worked at Conroe Regional Medical Center for years and it was a nice experience and a good hospital to work for. I learned my job as a unit secretary there very well and i was one of the best at what i knew. My most enjoyable part was interacting with my co-workers and doing my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
30 min lunches breaks and i loved the grill area in the cafeteria.
Cons
i wished the lunch breaks were an hour besides 30 minutes and the health benefits were better.
productive place,lots of things to learn w/ little a fun or may be non at all-our holiday/christmas party is taken away.
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  2 northAugust 27, 2013
it's a productive workplace with a lot of things to learn,but the workload is increasing where the fun part turn into a stressful outcome.co-workers are helpful in some ways,but they do have their own share of work to do.the hardest part is when we are short handed w/ staff.the fun part is when our patients and the management recognize and appreciate our work.
Pros
i have $7.00 worth of free meal
Cons
healthcare benefits is not as good
Honesty is not their best policy.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 30, 2013
There are no departmental policies and procedures. No training was offered. Time constraint complaints were ignored. Was not informed that position was posted for 6 months, had be filled 6 times in 1 year. Wish I had known that ahead of time. Management did not want employees to leave the office for any reason, including to go to a doctor. I never saw the "values" being instilled in anyone. What a waste.

Went to the ER and was required to give a urine sample and my blood pressure was checked. They never even took the sample to test or performed any other tests. Received a bill for absolutely no service.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
too many to list.
Oppressive atmosphere`
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  CONROE, TXJuly 1, 2012
The core staff that have been there a long time are
Pretty decent, newer staff come and go at fast rates. Has very high nurse turnover . Management is very punitive minded instead of trying to correct
Needs in the hospital they just fire whoever has raised that particular issue. Ceo states yearly in forums that there are people just waiting in line for your jobs, so if you aren't happy here just leave. No management support for staff.Makes sure staff know they are expendable. Have charge nurses that bully staff. Nurses are expected to let patients speak to and treat them as poorly as they want and there is no support from management.
Pros
if you live in conroe it is convenient .
Cons
no breaks except lunch (sometimes) poor pay
awesome
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Conroe,TX(Lab)January 28, 2013
I love the hospital flow! I worked the graveyard shift and my typical night always started out slow but ny 2am is when the fum starts. From 3am until 6am we drew about 150 patien from all floors incuding I.C.U and C.C.U, The nursed where very helpful and the laboratory staff was great! I only left because I now had a son and was not able to work the shift required and I was also working another job as well just 2 make ends meet.
Great place to learn
Hyperbaric Chamber Specialist/CHT/EMT/DMT/WCC (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2014
Doing Start Up on the 14 man multiplace double lock hyperbaric chamber. Make sure everything is running properly and up to par.
Second half of the day assisted in clinical wound care. Learned civil and mechanical engineering and how to successfully run a sophisticated multiplace chamber. Learned how to successfully diagnose acute and chronic wounds. Proper medications to apply to wounds for treatment. Proper dressing and wraps to apply you wounds. Everyone I worked with was absolutely fantastic. We were like one big happy family. Unfortunately upper management was absolutely horrid. And corporate politics ran the clinic. I didn't really find any hard parts physically or mentally about my job. Everything seemed to come very natural.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
bad managment! unfair wages! big time corporate polotics

Conroe Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location