Conroe Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Emergency Department has a wonderful community
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 7, 2017
I was only volunteering there for 8 weeks for a student program, but within that short amount of time I met many great people and they helped me decide so much about my future career path. The staff was incredibly friendly, and they helped me feel perfectly comfortable. The most enjoyable part was being able to talk with all the different patients and see small parts of so many different lifestyles.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Parking was pretty far
I preformed Phlebotomy.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I worked as a team member to preform phlebotomy on all age groups from new borns to the elderly. The job was very enjoyable. i enjoyed the people I worked with. Management was supportive. Morning run is when you preformed phlebotomy on most of the patients in the hospital, It was very fast pasted and sometimes stressful.
You are not appreciated for your work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Long hours,unappreciated, management is a joke. Management allows employees to bully others and other employees get special treatment. Very under staffed.
Great place to work, took care of staff during and after Harvey
Lead RRT (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 16, 2017
It's all about the people. Really good team here. I really appreciated how they went above and beyond to take care of the team that was stuck here during Harvey. They continue to do all they can to help those who were affected during this tragedy.
Stressful work environment with high patient load.
Clinical Supervisor, Respiratory Therapy (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 3, 2017
The working environment was stressful due to a high patient/therapist ratio which is common to many hospitals in the area due to economic considerations.
fast paced
Emergency Room RN (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 26, 2017
fast paced level 2 trauma center. worked as a Rn, not an NP. As a RN though, you meet with great coworkers that are willing to grow you on the job. you might not be too lucky with others though.
Pros
good for RN
Cons
n/a
highly stressful environment
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at Conroe Regional consists of high pt/nurse ratio always understaffed. this environment creates an even more stressful and demanding work situation on the nurses and techs. this would be a great place to work if it was properly staffed.
Pros
good teamwork
Cons
not enough team members
horrid staffing issues and unreasonable nurse to patient ratios
BSN, RN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 22, 2017
*horrid staffing issues
*unreasonable nurse to patient ratios
*lack of team fluidity between day and night shifts
*mid-level management listens to concerns but issues are seldom addressed
Productive and fun place
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 11, 2017
great team work, nurses work well with the nurse techs. Rounding was top notch. I learned that team work is very essential to achieve the company mission
Pros
teamwork
Cons
low wages
Student
RN Refresher (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 10, 2017
Only worked here as a student so not able to give fair or accurate review of facility. Staff was very supportive and gave lots of positive feedback. Did not deal with management.
Co-workers are like family
Department Secretary/Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 14, 2017
Overall if senior management or human resources personnel like you, you can do no wrong even if it violates policies. Tenure is not important and the turnover reflects that.
Pros
Good benefit program
Cons
You pay dearly for the benefits compared to other healthcare facilities in the area.
very busy
RN-ER, ED Internship, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 29, 2017
I worked here as a staff nurse. It is a very busy hospital and I learned a lot from this facility as a emergency room staff nurse. They have a lot of patients.
Work Enviornment/job culture
Full-time Therapy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 18, 2017
Conroe Regional Medical Center focus on team work as part of standard of behavior; especially in Inpatient Rehab, everyone treats everyone, including patients, like family
Productive workplace
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 14, 2017
Conroe Regional was a very good work place. The management was very hard to deal with at times. Overall the place provides very good services and helps patients to the best of their ability.
Pros
Employee discount on lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Therapy Dept. is full of friendly people and they work pretty good as a team
PTA PRN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 28, 2017
I worked PRN and it was difficult for me to balance my personal life at the time with my work availability, so I had to leave, and the compensation compared to the amount of physical labor wasn't worth it to me in the long run as was getting other, higher paying PRN work.
Pros
close to my home, good therapy director
Cons
facility was large and difficult for me to get my productivity as high as required by management
Good Place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 28, 2017
Very Friendly environment.
Great supervisors. The CEO is very personable. Good working conditions.
Good benefits. Pay could be better. But very fair work place.
Busy Medical Records Clerk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX 77382April 5, 2017
Registered the patients on a timely manner, and I would check in and out the patients. Data entry. Medical Records clerk. I would file all Medical Records, and also send Medical records to other facilities as they requested Patient records. High volume of calls, would transfer the calls to the appropriate personal.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Managment not Professional
extremely busy
Cat scan technologist GE 64, 16 (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 30, 2017
This facility is extremely busy and has a lack of staffing. I enjoyed my contract thru the years and would return to work with the staff. I worked out their out patient areas as well.
phlebotomist
IV Tech/Phlebotomist in ER (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 23, 2017
I loved the experience I received while working here. You meet different people everyday and that is what your life is all about. Management was great and understanding
Pros
expereiences
Cons
Fantastic hospital to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  ConroeFebruary 4, 2017
This is a great hospital that is continuing to grow and become a staple in the Houston area. Fantastic nurses and staff really make the patient feel comfortable