Conroe Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly place to work!
Patient Portal Concierge (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TxMarch 24, 2015
We have a meeting every Tuesday morning to make sure things are running smoothly. Management has a "Green Light" system that they use to help us accomplish tasks. My coworkers are friendly and generally keep to themselves, which is nice because we have a lot to do. I believe the hardest part of the job is when we are unable to help the patients to the extent that they need. But the most enjoyable part would have to be seeing the smiling faces on the patients that we are able to help.
Pros
Free coffee, great benefits, excellent parking.
Cons
Lots of down time, laxed security.
Not a bad facility to work in overall
Registered Nurse - ICU (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 10, 2016
The scheduling was reasonable, which permitted a good work/life balance. Management was largely invisible, though. The job culture was clannish and non-inclusive. For me, the worst part of the job was the commute.
Pros
Good schedule.
Cons
Invisible Management.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Has been a long time, do not feel I can give a fair review. During my time there my direct management changes almost yearly, so that made it kind of tough.
Pros
Has been a long time, do not feel I can give a fair review.
Cons
Has been a long time, do not feel I can give a fair review.
sometimes fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 30, 2016
At first hours and days not accommodating, enjoyed the doctors and got along very well with the staff. only left because of better hours and closer to home.
Oppressive atmosphere`
STAFF NURSE (Current Employee) –  CONROE, TXJuly 1, 2012
The core staff that have been there a long time are
Pretty decent, newer staff come and go at fast rates. Has very high nurse turnover . Management is very punitive minded instead of trying to correct
Needs in the hospital they just fire whoever has raised that particular issue. Ceo states yearly in forums that there are people just waiting in line for your jobs, so if you aren't happy here just leave. No management support for staff.Makes sure staff know they are expendable. Have charge nurses that bully staff. Nurses are expected to let patients speak to and treat them as poorly as they want and there is no support from management.
Pros
if you live in conroe it is convenient .
Cons
no breaks except lunch (sometimes) poor pay
Social Work experience
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TexasJuly 18, 2015
I will start by saying that I do not believe that most hospitals utilize Social Workers to capitalize on their experience and knowledge, and this hospital is no exception.

Social Work turnover is a frequent occurrence here, as it is in most hospitals. During my time there, I witnessed 5 other hard-working, compassionate Social Workers go elsewhere due to feeling underutilized.

Unfortunately, the management here is not very supportive of employees, particularly the Social Workers. This might be because of an inherent lack of understanding in what Social Workers know and do; I am not sure. However, I do know that you are placed in a different department and managed by nurses only, so there is a definitve disconnect between your skillset and the expectations, more so than some other local hospitals, I surmise. A frequent mantra of the management here was "there is no division between Social Work and Case Management" which simply is not the case.

Case Managers here have an RN only for the most part (an Associate's degree) which is a degree in nursing. Unfortunately, you will frequently hear "I need a Social Worker" by the Case Management staff, which to me is inappropriate language for what we can offer. I often felt as though I was an assistant to Case Managers during my time here rather than a valued member of the team with a unique skillset and outlook.

This is not an enviornment where you are able to hone your counseling skills. There is more of an emphasis on quantity than quality and there is a focus to maintain profits and save money. This is not an innately negative
  more... trait of a company, but I think most Social Workers tend to envision themselves in a different sort of role where they have time for more meaningful and personable interactions.

There are no LCSW's that can provide supervision, no intern opportunities, no covered CEU opportunities, no support groups, and no compensation for obtaining a higher level of licensure. The pay is higher than most jobs for Social Workers, but it is often said that other local hospitals do pay much more.

What Case Management means in this particular hospital:
-Doing discharge planning
-Going back and forth between floors to cover different units when a Case Manager is off (which is every day)
-Working with patients who have suicidal or homicidal ideations and/or other psychiatric issues
-Attending weekly discharge meetings
-Setting up transfers to other hospitals
-Setting up home health, rehab, nursing home, durable medical equipment, etc.
-Making APS/CPS reports often

Holidays:
There are some occasions in which management will grant a holiday off, but this is taken out of your Paid Time Off accrual.

Weekends:
You will have to work 2-4 weekends a year and be on unpaid on call for a week as well. That essentially means that you have to work all of the referrals (30-100 a day) that come up on that weekend day, because you will be the only person in the hospital handling referrals. Holidays are the same way, only usually there are more people there to help. Sometimes, you can get off early on a holiday.

Coworkers:
There are approximately 25 Case Managers and 4 Social Workers. There are 4 floors and an inpatient rehab and Social Workers are assigned to a floor and have 2-4 Case Managers that they are expected to assist. It is a fast paced, busy job. When you have to cover other Case Managers, which is several times a week, it can become extremely busy. You are discouraged from socializing with other Social Workers so that there will not be a division in the team.

Pros:
Some pros of the job include getting free lunches two days a week, a new CEO who is very interested in renovating the hospital and updating it, interesting clients and cases, and more pay than many Social Work roles.

I would not recommend this hospital due to the way they structure the Social Work role and the lack of understanding about Social Workers.
Pros
Free lunches two days a week, a CEO who is motivated, reasonable price for insurance for one person, many caring employees
Cons
Often overwhelming
productive place,lots of things to learn w/ little a fun or may be non at all-our holiday/christmas party is taken away.
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  2 northAugust 27, 2013
it's a productive workplace with a lot of things to learn,but the workload is increasing where the fun part turn into a stressful outcome.co-workers are helpful in some ways,but they do have their own share of work to do.the hardest part is when we are short handed w/ staff.the fun part is when our patients and the management recognize and appreciate our work.
Pros
i have $7.00 worth of free meal
Cons
healthcare benefits is not as good
Case Manager Job
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TexasJuly 18, 2015
We had a recent change in management, and not for the better. There is a constant flux of duties, units, and coworkers, mostly due to management and leadership in our department.

There is low employee morale overall and the job itself is stressful. It is not uncommon for someone to leave after a few months. The job expectations are almost impossible to live up to!
Pros
Insurance is affordable
Cons
negative environment, work through lunch often
Corporate Hospital, low pay
nnn (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 11, 2012
HCA hospital, low pay, management expects more and more with no additional compensation, and when it doesn't happen feels it has the right to be coercive.
Pros
parking is good . . .
Cons
low pay, questionable ethics regarding fair compensation, typical corporate thinking
Amazing company to work for
Patient Portal Concierge (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 30, 2015
My work days were always filled with great people. This company let me work when i needed to so that it did not effect my college schedule.
Friendly place with great people
CLS Trainee (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 30, 2015
Healthcare is stressful. But people here are extremely nice and always ready to help others. Management group is going out of their way to make sure every employee is happy with their job.
Co-workers friendly, and helpful
Staff ICU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 12, 2012
Your co-worker's were all available to help. Do wish Management
was more approachable
Pros
benefits were excellent
Cons
management difficult to approach
Enjoyable job experience
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Conroe Regional. I had a wonderful opportunity to work with elderly, new moms and babies. It was a growing experience for my heart and I can appreciate what the medical field does for our community.
Pros
New Growth
Cons
Limited Hours
nice place to work
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 1, 2014
They offer flexible shifts, for example they offer 12 hrs shifts 7 on and 7 off. Willing to work with your school schedule.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
I am disappointed with my experience with the exception of all the great peer staff of the healthcare team.
RCP II, NPS (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 29, 2014
Most importantly, I LOVE being a Respiratory Therapist.
Peer staff is fantastic!!!!! Everyone I worked with on the healthcare team worked their hardest giving their all to their department, peers, and their patients across the board.
Middle Management lacks immensely in how they treat staff. Skills based on career experience vs under utilized as an asset to the department and subjected to a task oriented robot-like mentality that did not allow for feeling of accomplishment or ability to provide contribution the environment.
I have not ever in my career worked in this kind of atmosphere, and I have worked in major trauma centers in various large cities. The department management made for a degrading, condescending, stressful and the least fulfilling work-life, making the department staff overall feel like their personal ethics and protection of livelihood was null and void.
I pray that Conroe Regional Medical Center is not a direct reflection of HCA as a whole.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
worklife, management
Great place to learn
Hyperbaric Chamber Specialist/CHT/EMT/DMT/WCC (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2014
Doing Start Up on the 14 man multiplace double lock hyperbaric chamber. Make sure everything is running properly and up to par.
Second half of the day assisted in clinical wound care. Learned civil and mechanical engineering and how to successfully run a sophisticated multiplace chamber. Learned how to successfully diagnose acute and chronic wounds. Proper medications to apply to wounds for treatment. Proper dressing and wraps to apply you wounds. Everyone I worked with was absolutely fantastic. We were like one big happy family. Unfortunately upper management was absolutely horrid. And corporate politics ran the clinic. I didn't really find any hard parts physically or mentally about my job. Everything seemed to come very natural.
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
bad managment! unfair wages! big time corporate polotics
Worst job ever!
Radiologic/Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 1, 2015
Stay as far away from this hospital as you possibly can! Worst work environment I've ever seen. Terrible pay, terrible management, and nobody cares about you, regardless of how much time and energy you invest in your job.
A great learning experience
Certified Nurese Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 15, 2015
Family oriented, with a touch of class, room for advancement, alot of encourgement to be the best that you can be. Enjoyed all my coworkers and my supervisor miss very much
Pros
smiling faces, room to excel
Cons
tired feet, and exhausted minds
Honesty is not their best policy.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 30, 2013
There are no departmental policies and procedures. No training was offered. Time constraint complaints were ignored. Was not informed that position was posted for 6 months, had be filled 6 times in 1 year. Wish I had known that ahead of time. Management did not want employees to leave the office for any reason, including to go to a doctor. I never saw the "values" being instilled in anyone. What a waste.

Went to the ER and was required to give a urine sample and my blood pressure was checked. They never even took the sample to test or performed any other tests. Received a bill for absolutely no service.
Pros
close to home.
Cons
too many to list.
Production place to work at
Director of Medical Staff Services (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 19, 2015
Senior leadership is wonderful to work with. Nursing leaders are great co-workers. The physicians are wonderful to work with.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Conroe Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Conroe Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location