ConServe

ConServe Employer Reviews

Fun Workplace
Debt Counselor (Current Employee), Fairport, NYJuly 11, 2014
Very fast paced work environment, treat employees as people not numbers.
Decent Pay, Poor Morale and Bad Leadership
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and insurance
Cons: bad recruiting strategies, poor hr quality
* The HR staff use the name "debt counselor" to avoid the bad sound of a "collector" for bad debts. In truth, all employees call debtors about higher education loans in default. No actual "counseling" occurs in the calls. The collection goals are raised significantly high in order to generate fee revenues for Conserve. Each month is driven with cutthroat – more... intimidations from leaders. But, the CEO announces charismatic speeches in order to charm the top percentage of collectors.

* The CEO's leadership style reflects a charismatic dictator who pushes bottom-line staff to reach high goals through monthly fear of job elimination. The media news merely camouflage the hidden dark side of Conserve.

* The recruiters seemed desperate and willing to accept anyone who appears sociable to handle cubicles and nagging debtors. I learned from my experience that the HR members enable bad management to the point of complete ineffectiveness as human resource managers. Management are also employees who are not immune to behaving badly toward employees.

* The collections industry is not an employee-friendly marketplace. This call center makes sales environments in Sutherland Global appear more ethical.

* The Department of Education division slits its own throats as agents antagonize new hires who do not "understand" the collections culture. A very hostile environment!

* The classroom trainer was a bully from the army with a militant mentality. HIs approach was completely unfriendly, demeaning, and ostracizing. When his behavior was brought to HR, the HR protected him and terminated the victim.

* The employees are highly micromanaged regarding their breaks, lunches, and calls. Constructive criticism does not exist mostly at Conserve. – less
Worked independently, scanned docs to accounts, friendly atmosphere
Admin Support (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 20, 2014
I learned to be independent with my job duties. Management overlooked our work but it was work done mostly independently. The atmosphere in our area was friendly and positive. The hardest part of the job was when our equipment wouldn't work. The amount of work increased during the day so when computers malfunction it would delay the amount of work done.
When You're Ready to Be the Best
Debt Counsellor (Current Employee), Fairport, NYFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, professional work environment, opportunity to grow
Cons: traffic congestion in area, limited public transportation, distance from city
ConServe continues to be a rapidly growing agency serving colleges and universities, US Department of Education, and other clients employing hundreds of friendly debt collection professionals who are at the pinnacle of their profession. It's a fast-paced, safe, and clean work environment. The company leads by providing extensive training and guidance, – more... excellent mentoring, and a progressive management team. There are ramped performance goals, a competitive bonus structure, and much opportunity for advancement. They recognize achievement and reward accomplishment, as well as, encourage professional development and community involvement. The schedule is flexible. Their benefits package leads the industry. Vacation, holidays, personal time off are also paid. – less
Love Working Here
Operations Services (Current Employee), Fairport, NYFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: this company cares abouts its employees
The people here are wonderful and helpful. There is a ton of opportunity to move up in the company. The president of Conserve really does care about his employees. There are great health care benifets. He holds meetings once a month reviewing the company goals and personal goals with in departments, this meeting always includes cake :-). We have employee – more... appreciation day at Darien Lake as well as a Gala every year. These things are just 2 main events there are always little incentives as well as snacks and lunches. – less
Fun
Debt Counselor (Former Employee), Depew, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Fun workplace great leadership. Excellent bonus opportunity with a great management team.
horrible place to work
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Depew, NYDecember 6, 2013
Cons: have to accept their insurance
Its not about how dedicated of a worker you are its all about who you know.
Good pay, tough job.
Debt Counselor (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good pay. flexible schedule.
Cons: it's debt collection. it's stressful and can be very monotonous and unhappy.
Good benefits, good base pay with lots of room to make extra in bonuses. Big turnover due to the stress of the job. Lots of room for advancement.
Great benefits, not the best training.
Debt counselor (Former Employee), Fairport, NYJuly 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: needs more training with other experienced employees
The extensive training was good until the exact skills needed for the job. There was not very good training on phones and with borrowers. they have a "learn as you go" with phone skills.

Even though my time there was less than a year, I would recommend this as a good company to work for. unfortunately I had a scheduled trip planned when I was hired – more... and it was approved since it was planned prevous to my employment there. I was told it would not effect my job but unfortunately I was never able to get back to goal after my trip. I would recommend that any one who starts working there not miss any time in the first 6 months it is crucial to meet requirements.

Best benefits package I have ever seen! – less
Great start to a successful career
Accounts Receivable Rep & - AWG Collection Manager (Former Employee), Fairport, NYOctober 10, 2012
Conserve is a wonderful place to begin a career. There you will recieve proper training to ensure that you understand your job duties. The owner of the company is a wonderful and fair boss to work for. The most enjoyable place I have ever worked at.
Collections Department is fun collecting and helping people get their credit better.
Government Student Loan Debt Counselor/Collections (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: helping others get their credit better to live better lives
Cons: contract employees was not hired full time and only got the small accounts.
I was able to use the Fair Debt collection Practice Act to help people make arangements in their debt to help out their credit.

Management was fair.

Hardest part of the position is locating the person and speaking to them. I was able to use various search engines to locate them.

Only tenured employees got the big collection accounts.
Good work environment.
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Fairport, NYAugust 1, 2012
Pros: bonus structure
Cons: distance
Typical day would be to contact debtors to make payments on their defaulted Student Loans. Learned about different loan types and laws regarding them. Management was firm but easy to speak to. Worked well with co-workers. Hardest part of job was getting in touch with people, and the most enjoyable part was reaching monthly goals.
Wasn't my career choice
Credit Counselor - Government Student Loans (Former Employee), Depew, NYJuly 2, 2012
Contacted delinquent Borrowers to give them options on programs to get out of debt with the federal government.
Skiptracing to find borrowers.
Great job for the right person
Debt Collector (Former Employee), Fairport, NYJune 8, 2012
Pros: great benefits if you can stay with the company long enough to get them, the company does provide for its employees.
Cons: high stress, discouraging goals, unstable job security.
Working at ConServe is extremely challenging. It is a goal based position and for the right personality has the potential to be a great job. It can also be extremely stressful and disappointing and discouraging to people who do not possess a collectors mentality or personality. What they don't tell you in your interview is the your job depends on you – more... reaching your "goal" which in my opinion is not realistic for new collectors. The position requires you to be persistent as well as persuasive which can be a challenge for people just starting out. Point blank it is not a easy job to collect debt. The company provides great benefits if you can stay with the company long enough to get them as well as other opportunities and incentives but it is not a job for everyone. – less

About ConServe

COMPANY OVERVIEW Continental Service Group Inc. (dba ConServe) is a leader in Accounts Receivable Management services specializing – Read more