Consilium Staffing Employee Reviews

60 day review - CSC
Client Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I started at Consilium in Mid-November. Started out with a corporate recruiter reaching out to me via Linkedin. Very good conversations led me to receiving a second interview with upper leadership. They promised the OPPORTUNITY for growth, but not the guarantee of it. Ultimately I have to put in the work in order to grow, which is how I feel it should be. Since I have been here, I already see the growth opportunities. My team recently split before I came onboard which opened up multiple leadership opportunities and we are scheduled to split again in the future which means.... more opportunity! I can't say enough how much I appreciate being here and the transparency throughout the whole interview process on what I should expect. I am glad to be able to say, Consilium is my new home.
Pros
Lots of Training, Positive work environment, Others willing to help
September 26, 2017

First off, thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased to hear that you are seeing the opportunity that we talk about so often. You are correct: you do have to pick up the phone and make dials to succeed in this business. But for those who do make that effort—and who do so with purpose—the opportunity and subsequent rewards can be tremendous. I really like the way you put that, “They promised the opportunity for growth, but not the guarantee of it.” I could not think of a better way to sum up what we offer to each person who comes through our doors.

What really sets Consilium apart is our team environment and the spirit of our people, and it sounds like that is something you have benefitted from—and contributed to—personally. I am so glad to have you as part of the team: You are Consilium!

Good home, good people
Director within Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2016
Put aside those who judge or overthink the faith-based foundation of this company for a second, here's what you walk into:

-A leadership group that's rock solid. They've built one of the best locums firms in the country before, they enjoy the journey to build something special again, and understand the commitment it takes to be successful in an extremely competitive industry.

-If you have not been in medical recruiting before, it's one of the most difficult, yet one of the most rewarding roles in terms of compensation. You get out what you put in. There are no shortcuts. It's not easy, it's a lot of phone time, and you'll need thick skin to overcome daily objections - while retaining composure, knowing your next call could be the one that pays off. Thankfully, your leadership trains you on the appropriate phone etiquette, how to overcome obstacles, and work with the hunter mentaility required to meet your goals.

-If you have been in the medical recruiting industry previously, it's a good-sized company to set yourself apart and grow with . Not too small, but also not so large that you're lost in the mix and just a number.

-In terms of the faith-based foundation, it is in no way forced upon you. It's actually refreshing that there are companies who do actually represent what they say. Again, you get out what you put in. I did attend Bible studies there, and felt very comfortable in a diverse group that valued each other's input. It's very simplistic, very positive. We discussed growth in Christ, shared experiences, and our journey; mine of which is still an ongoing
  more... discovery. Doesn't matter if you're part of a denomination, evangelical, an apologist, or not Christian at all. I witnessed every faith, every walk of life, work alongside me.

-Lastly, Consilium Cares philanthropy and volunteer opportunities are as robust as I've seen anywhere. They really care. It's called servant leadership; giving back to the community from which you benefit.

*I didn't know these men and women before I worked there, I do not communicate with them regularly whatsoever, it's been well over a year since my time there.*
Pros
Servant Leaders, Solid Foundation, Opportunity to Grow, Consilium Cares
September 26, 2017

First off, I would like to say thank you—for taking the time to review Consilium, for your thorough insight, and for your kind and supportive comments. I would have posted a response much earlier, but this page was only recently added to our company-claimed Indeed page.

I would have to agree with you: medical recruiting is absolutely one of the most difficult—and also most rewarding—jobs in the industry. I really like the way you put that: “You get out what you put in. There are no shortcuts.” I could not have put it better myself. I also really appreciated your acknowledgment of our faith-based foundation: as you know, we don’t ask about religious affiliation in our interview process and we don’t discriminate against anyone for their religious beliefs or background. We do ask that every person in the company adheres to the biblical principles of honesty, integrity, and an others-first, servant leadership approach to business, and I don’t believe that’s something we should apologize for.

Thank you, again, for your input, as well as all the work you did while you were a part of Consilium.

Matt Baade, Executive Vice President—Consilium Staffing

Consilium is VERY SLOW to pay, requires out of pocket expenses which are NOT reimbursed. Direct contact is impossible as calls are not answered
Locum Tenens Physician (Former Employee) –  NCMay 20, 2016
BEWARE

I walked away with thousands owed to me, required an attorney to simply have wages paid ( required by law). A nightmare. So stressful to work and then fight to get paid
Cons
Long hours, hard work. Consilium wiggles out of paying. Faith based is a scam!!
October 4, 2017

Thank you for your post and sharing your concern. Until now, I am unaware of Consilium ever experiencing such a situation, and am personally unaware of an attorney ever contacting us related to a payment issue. I am sorry that you had such an experience, and in the future, I invite you to contact me directly for resolution. This is certainly not the experience that we want for any of our team members or contracted physicians.

I also apologize for our delayed response. We were not aware of this forum for posting comments until recently, but will be monitoring regularly going forward. And again, I encourage you to contact me directly should you have any future concerns.

Matt Baade, Executive Vice President—Consilium Staffing

One of the most immoral "Faith-based" companies I have ever worked for
Operations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2015
The company had good intentions in the beginning, and they actually treated their employees great 2 years ago.. Since production declined in 2014, they have become a very different company. They sell potential employees on the vision of growth and that they are Faith-based. There will be growth several years down the road, IF they last that long. As for being Faith-based, they put on a good show. This place is not what it was when I started working there over 2 years ago. They have negative reviews for a reason and you're better off not taking the risk that comes with working for this company.
Pros
Some of the people are friendly, decent office setup
Cons
Poor/immature/vindictive leadership, poor benefits, Not faith-based, no compassion for their people, they care more about making money than doing a quality job
September 27, 2017

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide a review of Consilium—I do take feedback seriously and am committed to implementing suggestions whenever possible. Until recently there were several Indeed profiles for Consilium (this was not one we used initially) or I would have responded to your post much earlier.

It is clear that you are frustrated by your experience at Consilium and that you feel we have areas where we can improve. Although you did not provide any examples to support your claim that we are “not faith-based,” I would still like to offer a response. Yes, we are a faith-based company. This does not mean that we are perfect, and it does not mean that our people are perfect, but it does mean that we take very seriously our company-wide commitment to honesty, integrity, and a servant-leader approach to all interactions with clients, providers, and fellow Consilium team members. This is something that everyone in leadership is completely committed to, and I can assure you that it is not—and has never been—a “show.”

I also am not sure exactly what you are referring to when you discuss production declining in 2014. Every single year that we have been in business, our production has increased, and that is due to the fact that our people truly believe in our mission.
If you have more specific criticisms, I invite you to reach out to me to discuss those personally—even if it doesn’t end up working out down the road, I want everyone who comes through our doors to have a positive experience working with us.

Matt Baade, Executive Vice President—Consilium  more... Staffing  less

Tense
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 25, 2015
They just hire a bunch of people and have them build business then they find excuses to let them go within 3 months. The faith based is a hoax and management hides behind it. They say one thing and do another. Countless manager meetings and makes the work environment even worse. company vision is not followed by management.
Pros
Cons
everything about the place
September 26, 2017

First, I want to thank you for taking the time to provide a review of Consilium—I do take feedback seriously and am committed to implementing suggestions whenever possible. Until very recently, there were multiple Indeed profiles for Consilium (this was not the one we claimed initially) or I would have responded to your post much, much earlier.

It is clear that you are frustrated by your experience at Consilium and that you feel we have areas where we can improve. I am not sure what has given you the impression that our faith-based aspect is a “hoax”: Yes, we are a faith-based company. This does not mean that we are perfect, and it does not mean that our people are perfect, but it does mean that we take very seriously our company-wide commitment to honesty, integrity, and a servant-leader approach in all of our interactions. Similarly, I am unsure what may have given the impression that company leadership does not “follow the company vision.” Part of what makes Consilium unique is that our leadership not only adheres to our vision and principles, but they truly believe in and advocate them. That’s part of why everyone in leadership—including company partners—have desks out on the floor with everyone else, so they can be part of the team and put in the time to make dials right alongside everyone else.

If you have more specific criticisms that I could act upon, I am more than interested in speaking with you personally—regardless of the eventual outcome, I want everyone who comes through our doors to have a positive experience working with us while they are a part of Consilium.  more...

Great Leadership
Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 12, 2014
Consilium is ran by a great leadership team and is a faith-based organization. They are a great company to work for if you enjoy being in a cubicle 8-10 hours each day. If you enjoy making over 100+ phone calls daily to providers who get called by different locum tenen firms everyday. Being able to speak in front of a minimum of 10 people is a plus. Shy people should stay away. If you want to grow and succeed in this industry, then you have to be a hard worker, relentless, and meet production goals. Job security is a big thing for me and I have seen at least 1 or 2 people quit or get fired in the last 6 weeks. This job takes dedication and passion to be successful.
Pros
The people who work there are all GREAT! Faith based. Lots of growth.
Cons
Long hours, stuck in a cubicle, making over 100 calls a day, call clinics.
September 27, 2017

First off, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would have added a response much earlier, but there were several Consilium profiles on Indeed and this one was not initially associated with our company-claimed page.

Thank you for acknowledging our leadership team—they work very hard to make sure that each team member has a positive, enriching experience. I would agree that this is not the kind of job that will be the right fit for everyone: not everyone is cut out for sales, and not everyone enjoys this type of sales environment—and that’s okay. Just like you said, it does require hard work, dedication, relentlessness, and a passion for our mission. I am also pleased that you have benefitted from working alongside some of the many great individuals who make Consilium what it is.

Regarding your comment on turnover, I can certainly identify with the importance of job security. I want to make this point clear: turnover in sales environments (regardless of industry or company) is very high, particularly within the first six weeks of an individual’s tenure. Consilium actually maintains lower than average turnover, and I believe this is due in large part to our very thorough hiring and training processes. Rest assured that we do our very best to provide each individual with the tools necessary to be successful here—I will always believe that our people are our single greatest asset.

awesome place to work!
Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 26, 2013
I have never worked for a faith based company, but I really enjoy it. We are growing at incredible rates, and I am very excited to see what the future holds.
Pros
team morale, management
Cons
time at work
September 27, 2017

You mentioned our incredible growth rate—the truly incredible thing is that now, we are growing even faster! 2016 was our most successful year by far, and we had already exceeded 2016 numbers by August of this year. That has been the result of a great deal of hard work by every person on every team—and yes, like you mentioned, that has required a lot of time at the office. That’s why we have put in so much work to make Consilium a fun, team-oriented, positive place to work—it does make those hard days feel like less of a grind (and we both know that in sales, you are bound to have some hard days).

Matt Baade, Executive Vice President—Consilium Staffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consilium Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8