CONSOL ENERGY

CONSOL ENERGY Employer Reviews

Field work job
Completions Engineer (Former Employee), Waynesburg, PAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management changes mind often and uses employees as scapegoats
- 12 hours on/12 hours off, 1 week on/1 week off, & they could call you in at anytime
- management is indecisive, uncommunicative, and lacks leadership
- benefits are the best part of the job
Great company with amazing benefits. Traveled many miles to various jobsites while juggling full-time schooling status
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PaAugust 5, 2014
Time studied continuous miner, and long wall panels. I have assisted with various projects, life line, Federal MSHA Inspectors, DEP State Inspectors, mine tours, hazard training, don and transfer classes. I have also assisted with the mine engineer at Robinson Run to prepare the mine maps with ventilation updates and mine gas well permits for the yearly – more... mine inspections. I have traveled to Bailey, Enlow Fork, Shoemaker, Blacksville, Robinson Run and Loveridge – less
Booming industry, great company benefits and compensation
Engineering Trainee (Former Employee), Waynesburg, PAJune 18, 2014
Booming industry, great company benefits and compensation
N/A
Management (Former Employee), Cameron, WVMay 22, 2014
Long hours worked
Learned management skills
people make the job enjoyable
Best Job Ever
Roofbolter (Former Employee), Bickmore, WVMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, incentives
Cons: laid off thanks to obama
Great People to work for. Great benefits Great Pay. Enjoyed working here
Great company to work for.
Miner (Former Employee), Fairmont, WVFebruary 23, 2014
Great people in a challenging environment. Fast paced job.
Productive fun place to work meeting many different types of personalities
Shift foreman (Former Employee), PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: production bonus, great pay, safety incentives
Cons: long hours, dangerous job
Great company to work for, many different incentives to make more money>
Highly motivated, goal oriented, ability to adapt
Continuous Miner Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, WVFebruary 4, 2014
Able to identify obstacles and eliminate or work around to achieve common goals.
Team first attitude with the ability to motivate multiple personality types.
Productive, Educational, Fair
P.M. Truck Operator (Former Employee), Williamson, WVJanuary 16, 2014
Great working environment couldn't imagine better, company works with your needs and doesn't discriminate in any form or fashion
Productive environment
IT Project Management/Emerging (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: strong leader in the industry
Cons: weak management pieces within certain departments
A typical work day would consist of reviewing projects currently in progress and decipher the project plan that would need attention for that day while handling any other requests and/or issues that may have been present.

In this position, I was able to build a large network within the 12,000+ employees that I would eventually work with in some fashion. – more... This let me understand the business processes needed through the company and industry.

I was able to obtain and fine tune of expertise under the aggressive deadlines and large bracket projects I would manage. I was solely responsible for all of the IT projects (Building a budget, assembling a team, creating a project plan, vendor evaluation, etc..) – less
Terminal on the Patapsco
Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, excellent scenery
Cons: constantly shifting schedule, mandatory overtime
Typical day is loading Vessel and unloading coal trains to the yard or to those vessels. lots of moving parts and large machinery. Very strict safety standards. hard part of job going back and forth between day and night shifts.
Amazing Company
Central Control Clerk (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PADecember 13, 2013
Pros: health & safety #1 always
Cons: i was laid off with the reduction-of-force
Consol Energy was my dream job. I appreciated the aspects of what I was taught, my learning experiences gained, education on being safe & At Zero policies and procedures. I appreciated every day that I was at the company & it will be a part of my heart and soul for life.
Staff Auditor (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PADecember 9, 2013
ok place to work if all you like to do is work. don't know what else to say and this won't let me continue until i say more
A solid energy company who puts safety as their number one priority
SHIFT FOREMAN (Current Employee), West VirginiaDecember 5, 2013
Consol Energy puts safety and compliance at the top of their core values. There are opportunities to learn and grow throughout the company.
Work a holic and fun
Strategic Planning Intern (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PANovember 28, 2013
In my current position at Consol Energy, I’ve hands-on extensive experience with Microsoft excel and its tools. I’m performed process optimization, built forecasting model using multi polynomial regression method, and benchmarked the company’s performance with its competitors in U.S.
Good company to work for.
Trackman (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PANovember 7, 2013
Pros: over-time available
Cons: having to work every saturday.
I enjoy working for Consol , and I enjoy learning new things.
coal mine
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Fola, WVNovember 7, 2013
I enjoyed working for Consol. They made alot of changes in their short ownership of Fola.
everyday has a new and exciting job to accomplish
Assistant Mine Foreman (Current Employee), Dallas, WVOctober 13, 2013
Pros: being empowered to make changes
Cons: dealing with and older coal mine
1)Typical day starts at 5:30 a.m. review fire boss books and make a list of violation to be complete for the next shift. After that I get my call out from the midnight foreman and then update my list of work and supplies. Then day shift is lined up for the work to be accomplished on their shift. Next I get the finals from Midnight and then order supplies – more... according to the needs of the mine. Next I go under ground and check on all the jobs going on throughout the mine. I then come out and review the fire boss books again and up date my list of violations. Next I get an update from the day shift foreman and start planning the afternoon shifts work list. Line up the afternoon shift with their work list. Get the finals from day shift and review the fire boss books from dayshift updating violations on the list and getting the supply report from the yard. wright up the plans for the mid night shift and finalize any orders need for the supplies in the mine. Leave mine at 7:00p.m.
2) I have learned every aspect about coal mining from the ground up
Belt, Gat sections, Main sections, Super sections, Long wall mining, Place change mining, Construction, Ventilation, Electrical installations, CO systems, Mine tracking, Safety, Track, Brattice, Contractor work, Diesel, Water, pumping ETC.
3)I started as a trainee supervisor, then I was a construction foreman, then a section foreman, long wall foreman, assistant shift foreman, shift foreman, long wall coordinator, assistant mine foreman
4) All my co workers have a hard working ethic and strive for perfection
5) Dealing with all the drama that having 700 employee's comes with and trying to bring out he best performance and safety with them each and everyday
6) Having the ability to lead people to success with an accurate direction. – less
Good company
Underground Coal Miner (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PASeptember 19, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: shoemaker mine is back in the times!!
Consol Energy provides a good income along with great insurance for my family. They have always given quarterly safety bonuses and much more.
Large corporaration, basic values.
Mechanic (Former Employee), Kuhntown, PAAugust 30, 2013
Consol Energy values safety first, their greatest asset. Working 6-7 days a week every week makes life difficult, especially relationships with family.

About CONSOL ENERGY

CONSOL Energy consoles its customers with coal. CONSOL is one of the US's largest coal mining companies, along with Peabody Energy – Read more