CONSOL ENERGY

CONSOL ENERGY Employee Reviews

once was a great place to work
Section Mechanic/Electrician (Current Employee), Canonsburg, PAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: paid lunches, bonus
Cons: poor management
company once was a family oriented company,within the last few years,company went down hill fast,you are just a number at this company
Decent
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Schedule, co workers
Cons: Micro managing, no job security
Known for lay offs throughout their history. Poor management decisions such as: hired way too many people prior to planning to ramp up drilling in 2015. Then had to fire all the people because of poor prices. Company may be going under or bought out soon.

Liked working on the rig and my co workers. Micro managing occurred often and sometimes we weren't allowed to do our jobs. Felt like a professional babysitter at some points.
Enjoyed working here
Production Engineering Internship (Former Employee), Waynesburg, PAJuly 14, 2015
Seemed to be a very well put together company from when I was there for my 3 month internship. I learned alot and it was easy to get along with everyone.
Great people that deserve to be in Management, than who is in there currently
Meter Technician (Former Employee), Washington, PAJune 13, 2015
Pros: Great department personnel/
Cons: Management/ advancement/ stress level
High stress level/ you are a number, not a name with a family. I was fooled to think for years that this company would take care of there own. Lay-offs were prevalent in the mining side of the company, but would try and place them some where with in the company. I was not even given the opportunity, they said my job had been terminated. I asked to be transferred, but the answer was no. This is the company I worked for, for 15 years.... Good luck
management used intimidation tactics
Electrician (Former Employee), Millers Creek, WVJune 6, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: management intimidation
company would promote management to try to intimidate hourly workers. did not enjoy working for them. they would constantly berate employees.
Great Summer Internship
Underground Miner/Intern (Former Employee), Naugatuck, WVMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great Pay, Great learning experience, rotational jobs
Cons: long hours sometimes
I started working at Consol when I was 18 at $14/hour in a coal preparation plant. I worked for the company for an additional 3 years and learned many many skills. Engineering interns receive a $4/hour raise every returning year. In my time at Consol I worked at a prep plant, surface mine, and 5 underground mines. It was a great job with great pay, and I learned a lot.
productive
Sweeper (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 19, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: none
a great place to earn a living great co-workers.some of the supervisors are great and will take your input as serious. the hardest part of this job is them wanting you to work fifteen hours in one day. best part is having a job at a great establishment
Underground Coal Miner (Former Employee), Mavisdale, VAMay 12, 2015
Hard work, didnt like using equipment for some jobs they would rather use manual labor. A clear seperation of boss and employee not allowing for a joint work force
Good introduction to a large industry
On-Site Drilling Engineer / Foreman- CNX Gas (Former Employee), Indiana PAMay 9, 2015
Lived on drilling location 26 weeks/year working 12 hr shifts.

Got exposure to most drilling procedures in northeast basin. Managed 10-15 contractors every day. Maintained safety and environmental compliance in all activites
Old company turned new.
Downhole Drilling Engineer (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PAApril 27, 2015
consol has been very good to my family. i loved working for such a great company. just happen that the decline in natural gas prices, had eliminated my position.
Overall a good place to work
Electrician/Fireboss (Former Employee), Oakwood, VAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: Management favorites and lack of family time
Company morale could use improvement. Overall day not bad. Everyone works hard and seems to enjoy working there but management has there favorites.
Different challenge each day
Associate Production Coordinator (Former Employee), Jane Lew, WVApril 14, 2015
Manage daily operations consisting of organizing Well Tenders and Roustabouts each day.Hardest part of job was all the different things that came up each day.Enjoyed my co-workers
Good company
Water Plant Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakwood, VAApril 12, 2015
Good company is good to work for, the pay is great, benefits are good. management cares about the employees. unfortunately it is impacted by the market conditions, and is constantly evolving in order to improve itself.
Great company to work for and great pay.
Coal miner (Former Employee), Wind Ridge, PAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Good pay and paid lunches.
Cons: Having so many upper management. To many bosses telling you to do too many things at one time.
A typical day at work included all types of labor. I had my assistant mine foreman papers so I did a lot of fire bossing. I also did a lot of roof bolting and other labor jobs. I learned to work in a team environment and how to reach your goals and meet time sesitive jobs on time. Management was intelligent and also hard working. My co-workers were all hard workers and i got along with all of them. The hardest part of the job was working 7 days a week plus overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was of course the good pay but also learning a great deal about hard work, team work, and what it is like working for a great company.
great work place
COAL MINER (Former Employee), waynesburg paMarch 16, 2015
really friendly people. good place to work. .................................
would work for them again if the work pick up.........
Challenging and Great Work Environment
Deckhand (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: healthcare, 401k, overtime
Cons: traveling consistently
A typical day out on the river as a deckhand was to be gone for two weeks at a time, with one week home. I absolutely enjoyed working for Consol Energy all four years and was challenged everyday. My management and co workers were great to be around and made it the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest job unfortunately was to be away for two weeks and one week home, especially when I started a family not long ago. Altogether, Consol Energy was an outstanding company to work for, however the traveling consistently was not working out.
Great place to work, wonderful people to work with.
SECRETARY (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great people to work with, many benefits
Cons: a good bit of pressure for some in management (not me)
CONSOL is a very good place to work, however, at times can be extremely stressful. At one time I had an extremely difficult boss, but that was the only negative.

The company is interested in helping the communities where it has offices and mines, also is interested in helping its employees in many ways. Wonderful benefits.
Land analyst
Land Analyst (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVFebruary 1, 2015
Reviewed gas leases and input royalty amount into royalty accounting system.

Great place to work, great benefits, great pay rate!

Great job! Too bad job was outsourced.
great opertunties for advancement.
Experienced Underground Miner (Former Employee), Blacksville, WVJanuary 15, 2015
it was a nice place to work, good money, nice people, safe place to work.
very safe and pleasant co. to work for
electrian (Former Employee), Mavisdale, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: very good work enviroment good people very good equip.
Cons: work a lot of hrs.
was very satisfied with job . went to dominion coal more money and advancement

1 2 3

About CONSOL ENERGY

CONSOL Energy consoles its customers with coal. CONSOL is one of the US's largest coal mining companies, along with Peabody Energy – Read more

CONSOL ENERGY Salaries