CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

great place to work
Operator Services (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILDecember 13, 2017
Lots of overtime, Great training. The supervisors were awesome to work with. Most of the time when we were extremely busy like when the trade centers were attacked they sat down and helped take calls.
Pros
Good bennifits
Cons
Company was sold a few times while I worked there
Consolidated
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 18, 2017
Varies daily, call center environment, nice co-works, but seniority rules. people working for 3 years waiting to become permanent. I actually love the company but the occurrence system is horrible.
Pros
union based, Team support, nice environment
Cons
senority rules, contractors waiting to hired on have been there 3 years
Senior Account Manager/Project Coordinator IT (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2017
Great experience working with my Manager and helping customers. I enjoy the culture and how import customers are for the organization. I would recommend CCI to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Its located in Gibsonia PA
Productive and Growing Company in the Midwest
Outside Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNAugust 30, 2017
My previous company was purchased by Consolidated Communications. We experienced some growing pains as the merger progressed. However, Consolidated incorporated several systems and work practices from the company I was working at.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Long hours. 24 hour business needs
Wonderul atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILAugust 22, 2017
General customer service is a must. Patience is greatly appreciated when troubleshooting cable equipment with the vast variety of callers, calling to get assistance
Good for the country in you
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Very country work culture. Lots of old Texans working to lay out fiber cables and install network devices in customer's homes. Salt of the earth company. Stay humble and they just might like you. Management is very lenient and understanding. Small company, make friends quick.
Large Company with some benefits
Project Manager / Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 7, 2017
Management is unaware of what goes on in a typical day. Work place culture is not the best. Everyone is unsure if they will have a job every time they acquire another company.
Pros
Benefits are outstanding.
Cons
Trust in Management
An OK place to work
Networking Technician V(NOC) (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 1, 2017
I worked overnights for 12 months. I left mostly because I didn't see any way I'd get out of overnights any time soon. I learned a lot although they don't do much training. It was just fine.
You won't last
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2017
Ever Since SureWest was bought out by this company, the job has been more stressful and less rewarding. In customer service they have unrealistic expectations and are understaffed. You have to do the work of multiple people without more pay. Management is also over worked and under trained. They rotate temps out so much it's hard to get to know anyone.
Pros
Loyal customer base
Cons
Too many
Good money but low satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 18, 2017
For a rural area Consolidated pays well. The benefits are good. That is about the only positives I can say. Over the years it has just gotten worse and worse.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Poor communication, managment, do more with less mentality
Great company with good benefits
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 11, 2017
A typical day at Consolidated Communications was interacting with the sales staff, processing sales orders, fielding customer complaints and providing reports for management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Ever changing industry
very fun place to work
Data Entry, Account Entries (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 23, 2017
I loved this job but it was only a temp position. If they were to have had a position available for me to stay i would have. Everyone there is very friendly and its a great place to work.
Productive environment with fun for workers
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMarch 30, 2017
A typical day at work consist in answering calls for Directory Assistance and toll calls. It's constantly busy and that makes times fly faster.

I learned a new platform "Intellis", which is a combination of DA and toll calls. It works better, since it's only one platform and not two different ones.

Their is no culture variety, most of the people working there are Caucasians, only one African American, and one Hispanic agents working there. I guess the place need more advertisement for bilingual agents.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to provide a correct search, when the system isn't working properly or we don't have the listing in our directory.

I enjoy working with two friends, who I met long time ago in my other job. I like to see familiar faces.
Pros
Prices for good performance
Cons
Short breaks
Company culture is real and they care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 12, 2017
Consolidated is a good company to work for. Salaries are typically below market value. But benefits are better than most companies offer. Management genuinely cares and wants employees to succeed.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation
Work at a steady pace & easy going
Inventory Specialist/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 9, 2017
Have worked for the company 3+ years & have seen a lot of changes. Have adjusted & I am open to changes to make it a competitive company. Very organized atmosphere.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Some slow times that make the days seem like they last forever to end
A day at Consolidated
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 8, 2017
A normal day consist of taking calls, selling service and retaining as many consumers as possible and hitting retention goals as well as sales quota.
Great company
Supervisor, Residential Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great company to work for. Great work/life balance. Excellent and fun employee events. There is a lot of internal support and training. They also advance from within.
Pros
Great company
Really enjoyed working here
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 25, 2017
The job and work environment was pretty good. Show and do your job,you had no problems. Ithe was good benefits and wages. But the moved the jobs out of state.
Pros
Good pay, goid insurance
Good Company
Senior Regulatory Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 11, 2017
The work is rewarding and management encourages each person to perform up to their abilities. The growth of the company has challenged company personnel with many new challenges. Knowledgeable people are eager to assist customers, both internal and external.
Pros
Management team encourages personnel
Cons
Personnel have to do more with less
Enthusiastic working team
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 4, 2017
*Mon morning team meetings in The Woodlands and/or Katy office
*Tue-Thur 8:30 morning conference calls with team
*Call blitz for 30min per day
*Skype conference calls & scheduled training meetings
*Attending local luncheons/Chamber events beneficial for business growth
*Typically 4 appts per day with new or existing clients
*Data center tours for potential customers with System Engineer
*Product demos
*Working with customer to understand entire infrastructural needs
Pros
Enthusiastic work enviroment
Cons
Pricing and infrastructure was lacking a bit