CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Conroe,TxOctober 20, 2015
Detail oriented company. Rate of pay is excellent. Changes and acquisitions provided more openings and room for progression. Liked to promote from within.
Worked with the Internal Help desk
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 12, 2015
Worked with the Internal Help desk on the creation of needed accounts for internal employees though out the company all across the country.
Good for Someone looking to Make Money...Not for it to be their Career
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 9, 2015
Let me just say that my boss was Amazing...Very sweet Very Understanding. Was Hired on as a "tempt" was told in 4 months I would be hired.....Was there over a year and still a tempt. Needed Stability and Benefits and they Would not hire me. To anyone young and just looking to make some money..do it. But They will leave you on as a tempt until they are ready (there was a girl as a tempt there for over 2 years....WOW.
great company
Residential Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 27, 2015
i worked at cci for 7 years and loved each and everyday there. left to raise my babies and moved away or i would go back. co-workers are my long life friends now
Favorite job I've had so far
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILMay 8, 2015
I loved working for Consolidated Communications Technical Support. They try very hard to please their customers but at the same time would not throw their employees under the bus like most companies do.
Pros
Paid breaks (except lunches), in depth training, wonderful coworkers, good hours
Cons
Some team leads unknowledgeable, things change frequently, wouldn't inform right away
cool employees thats it
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 19, 2015
Not a employee friendly company cared more about bottom line versus rewarding employees for their hard work. Wouldn't refer anyone with career goals in mind to company . Company has a glass ceiling made of steel.
Best Job Ever
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 5, 2015
Big company with small town roots. Amazing people to work for and with. With growth comes growing pains. Sda to have left and hope to retuen one day.
Pros
People
Cons
Perception
N/A
Direst Service Personnel, Part Time (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day at work is answering phone and troubleshooting cable issues. I learned to be more patient with people. The most enjoyable part of this job are my coworkers and supervisor. I am surrounded by a awesome group of people. Management is always there when you need help, no matter what.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and diversified, goal oriented work place.
Customer Service Representative Job Duties (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TexasJanuary 2, 2015
Work in a call center, for 8 hours a day or more answer all kinds of incoming calls. Assisting customer's with queries from dsl, to television to analog and voip phone service. Assisting in establishing new accounts, moving services, answering billing questions and solving billing issues. Typing orders for existing and new accounts to movem change, establish or disconnect services including but not limited to voice, dsl, dvs, and voip. High pacedm must meet quality assurance guidelines monthly.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
not very family oriented
Solid Company
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 11, 2014
Good solid company. Management is very conscientious about work /life balance. Projects are reasonably managed for the size of the company. Technology in the BSS/OSS is kind of dated which will in fact pose larger problems for them as they get larger. The lack of technology architectural direction is costing them money and talent within the IT department.

Benefits package is rich at this time and provide a decent set of options. Savings plan is fully matched up to 6% and the paid time off is pretty standard.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
lack of technology direction, ancient billing system which will (and is) causing them problems
Good experience working with computers and interaction with people
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILOctober 5, 2014
I learned how to teach people about TV connections. How different people learn how to remember what they learned. The hardest part of the job has to be not being able to look at them face to face. The most enjoyable thing about the job is talking to people across the nation. And to hear about their lives.
Pros
insurance
Cons
not much incentive for advancement
Fun Place to work
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILOctober 1, 2014
I would answer the phones with a computer , and then if needed contact the doctors or other places of business after hours as needed .
No comment
Business Development Manager - CLEC (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Typical Day requires substantial follow up and follow thru as upper management is no existent and no accountability.
Good
Tech Support - NOC Escalations. (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 7, 2014
Busy, muliti tasking always
Everyday in the communications/tech support environment there is always something to learn. We have been just bought out, so the management style is different, change is always a challenge. My co-workers are all of different ages, and very knowledgeable. Not to Hardest part of my job is calming down a irrate customer. The most enjoyable part is the part were I can calm down that customer or resolve the issue at hand
benefits
Good Place to Work, No room for advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 12, 2014
Great pay and benefits. The work environment is very stressful. No outlet to bring up issues, nothing is kept confidential. Training is non-existent.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
poor management
Stressfull work environment
Sales Engineer/Installation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 5, 2014
The CEO Chairman of the board stresses "Do more with less" and this company lives by it.
Bad work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 30, 2013
Good pay...horrible work environment. Very stressful and a lot of negativity.
Great Company for Entry-Level Employment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CaliforniaAugust 21, 2013
Due to acquisition of SureWest by Consolidated career growth opportunities have been stifled in the area of Marketing and Communications. The department has been downsizing since 2010 and employment has not opened up for internal employees since. Overall, SureWest had a much more relaxed culture, interested in the work-life balance and morale of its employees. Pertinent benefits for work-life balance are being reduced, and possible phased out all together. The amazing individuals that make up Consolidated in California are going to continue to thrive and be the best part of each other's day.
Pros
telecommuting privileges
Cons
diminishing benefits, no room for growth, restructuring of at-risk pay plan every 12 months
Great Job not so great enviorment
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 6, 2013
My job at consolidated was amazing. I loved what I did, I enjoyed speaking to so many different people. The work environment was not that great or should I say the negativity from my co-workers. I enjoyed my job and helping people fix the problems they had. I just do not enjoy working in a negative work atmosphere.
Pros
good benefits, guaranteed hours, and enjoyable work.
Cons
negative enviorment.
Good Place To Work
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 1, 2013
All things considered a good place to work ... made up of excellent people.