CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

Job in a very competitive market with high pricing and no advancement possibilities
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Gibsonia, PAMarch 21, 2016
There is no potential to move up within the company. A typical day consists of cold-calling, door-knocking, running appointments, formulating proposals, and last but not least, seeking out upper management (extremely time consuming) when you need something. They seem to be short-staffed, and when you need something they are always in meetings or unavailable. It is frustrating to say the least. The market is very competitive and sadly to say, we are not the cheapest (which unfortunately is what decision-makers are looking for a lot of the time).
Pros
Good compensation, holiday pay, encentives
Cons
Healthcare went up, difficulties talking to upper management, no advancements within company, segregation between co-workers/departments
Do not work here!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 29, 2016
If you have doctor appointments quite often for example your monthly check ups with your baby or you had surgery or are preparing for a surgery and have appointments. There customer service management does not care what your out for even medical it will all count against your attendance and they will let you go. Oh your baby is getting rushed to the E.R. they dont care it will still count. They have no sympathy and unless your management they dont give a care about you. They are constantly firing people and so many people quitting because of there ridiculous attendance ever since they switched to Consolidated from surewest
Pros
little snack shack upstairs
Cons
your in a basement, management sucks and is slow at getting back to you, unorganized, always escalated customers, too busy, schedule is based off of seniority
Great company
Supervisor, Residential Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great company to work for. Great work/life balance. Excellent and fun employee events. There is a lot of internal support and training. They also advance from within.
Pros
Great company
Good Company
Senior Regulatory Relations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJanuary 11, 2017
The work is rewarding and management encourages each person to perform up to their abilities. The growth of the company has challenged company personnel with many new challenges. Knowledgeable people are eager to assist customers, both internal and external.
Pros
Management team encourages personnel
Cons
Personnel have to do more with less
Enthusiastic working team
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 4, 2017
*Mon morning team meetings in The Woodlands and/or Katy office
*Tue-Thur 8:30 morning conference calls with team
*Call blitz for 30min per day
*Skype conference calls & scheduled training meetings
*Attending local luncheons/Chamber events beneficial for business growth
*Typically 4 appts per day with new or existing clients
*Data center tours for potential customers with System Engineer
*Product demos
*Working with customer to understand entire infrastructural needs
Pros
Enthusiastic work enviroment
Cons
Pricing and infrastructure was lacking a bit
Work at a steady pace & easy going
Inventory Specialist/Foreman (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 9, 2017
Have worked for the company 3+ years & have seen a lot of changes. Have adjusted & I am open to changes to make it a competitive company. Very organized atmosphere.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Some slow times that make the days seem like they last forever to end
productive environment
Tech Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, ILNovember 7, 2016
overall a great place to work, staff is nice and easy to talk too, management answers questions in a timely manner, great co-workers, challenging job experience, taught me to be patient with people and to develop customer service skills
An unpleasant place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 30, 2016
Management does not respect its work force.
The pay is dismal.
No incentives for sales or meeting customer service metrics.
The call center is in the basement.
Huge turnover.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Great Company for Entry-Level Employment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CaliforniaAugust 21, 2013
Due to acquisition of SureWest by Consolidated career growth opportunities have been stifled in the area of Marketing and Communications. The department has been downsizing since 2010 and employment has not opened up for internal employees since. Overall, SureWest had a much more relaxed culture, interested in the work-life balance and morale of its employees. Pertinent benefits for work-life balance are being reduced, and possible phased out all together. The amazing individuals that make up Consolidated in California are going to continue to thrive and be the best part of each other's day.
Pros
Telecommuting privileges
Cons
Diminishing benefits, no room for growth, restructuring of at-risk pay plan every 12 months
A day at Consolidated
Customer Service/ Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 8, 2017
A normal day consist of taking calls, selling service and retaining as many consumers as possible and hitting retention goals as well as sales quota.
Solid Company
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 11, 2014
Good solid company. Management is very conscientious about work /life balance. Projects are reasonably managed for the size of the company. Technology in the BSS/OSS is kind of dated which will in fact pose larger problems for them as they get larger. The lack of technology architectural direction is costing them money and talent within the IT department.

Benefits package is rich at this time and provide a decent set of options. Savings plan is fully matched up to 6% and the paid time off is pretty standard.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
lack of technology direction, ancient billing system which will (and is) causing them problems
Very Productive
Regional Director - Central Region (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 18, 2016
In a company specializing in cloud, data and voice services it is a very competittive and awesome place to work. We celebrate the success of all teams.
Good Employer
Communications Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 5, 2016
Though it has been almost 6 years since I worked for CCI, I still remember it well. We had a good team of employees who worked together and Management was very involved in providing all we needed including training and advancement. Working here was a good experience and I learned a lot about being the best customer service representative ever.
Good for Someone looking to Make Money...Not for it to be their Career
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 9, 2015
Let me just say that my boss was Amazing...Very sweet Very Understanding. Was Hired on as a "tempt" was told in 4 months I would be hired.....Was there over a year and still a tempt. Needed Stability and Benefits and they Would not hire me. To anyone young and just looking to make some money..do it. But They will leave you on as a tempt until they are ready (there was a girl as a tempt there for over 2 years....WOW.
Good
Tech Support - NOC Escalations. (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 7, 2014
Busy, muliti tasking always
Everyday in the communications/tech support environment there is always something to learn. We have been just bought out, so the management style is different, change is always a challenge. My co-workers are all of different ages, and very knowledgeable. Not to Hardest part of my job is calming down a irrate customer. The most enjoyable part is the part were I can calm down that customer or resolve the issue at hand
Benefits
Great Job not so great enviorment
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 6, 2013
My job at consolidated was amazing. I loved what I did, I enjoyed speaking to so many different people. The work environment was not that great or should I say the negativity from my co-workers. I enjoyed my job and helping people fix the problems they had. I just do not enjoy working in a negative work atmosphere.
Pros
Good benefits, Guaranteed hours, and Enjoyable work.
Cons
Negative Enviorment.
Fast Paced Company With Integrity
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 29, 2016
Call Center Rep loved the Environment great people Company With Integrity Fast paced quality service.
great company
Residential Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 27, 2015
i worked at cci for 7 years and loved each and everyday there. left to raise my babies and moved away or i would go back. co-workers are my long life friends now
Good Place to Work, No room for advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 12, 2014
Great pay and benefits. The work environment is very stressful. No outlet to bring up issues, nothing is kept confidential. Training is non-existent.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Consolidated Communications
Fraud Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILSeptember 27, 2012
Very pleasant environment. Room for growth and advancement. Great co-workers. Lost job due to down sizing.
Pros
great co-workers, pay and benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9