CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS

CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS Employer Reviews

Good experience working with computers and interaction with people
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee), Charleston, ILOctober 5, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: not much incentive for advancement
I learned how to teach people about TV connections. How different people learn how to remember what they learned. The hardest part of the job has to be not being able to look at them face to face. The most enjoyable thing about the job is talking to people across the nation. And to hear about their lives.
Fun Place to work
Phone Representative (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILOctober 1, 2014
I would answer the phones with a computer , and then if needed contact the doctors or other places of business after hours as needed .
No comment
Business Development Manager - CLEC (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Typical Day requires substantial follow up and follow thru as upper management is no existent and no accountability.
Good
Tech Support - NOC Escalations. (Current Employee), Roseville, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits
Busy, muliti tasking always
Everyday in the communications/tech support environment there is always something to learn. We have been just bought out, so the management style is different, change is always a challenge. My co-workers are all of different ages, and very knowledgeable. Not to Hardest part of my job is calming down a irrate customer. The – more... most enjoyable part is the part were I can calm down that customer or resolve the issue at hand – less
Good Place to Work, No room for advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: poor management
Great pay and benefits. The work environment is very stressful. No outlet to bring up issues, nothing is kept confidential. Training is non-existent.
Stressfull work environment
Sales Engineer/Installation Project Manager (Current Employee), Conroe, TXAugust 5, 2014
The CEO Chairman of the board stresses "Do more with less" and this company lives by it.
Bad work environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), IllinoisSeptember 30, 2013
Good pay...horrible work environment. Very stressful and a lot of negativity.
Great Job not so great enviorment
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILMay 6, 2013
Pros: good benefits, guaranteed hours, and enjoyable work.
Cons: negative enviorment.
My job at consolidated was amazing. I loved what I did, I enjoyed speaking to so many different people. The work environment was not that great or should I say the negativity from my co-workers. I enjoyed my job and helping people fix the problems they had. I just do not enjoy working in a negative work atmosphere.
Good Place To Work
Vice President (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILMay 1, 2013
All things considered a good place to work ... made up of excellent people.
Good Place to work. Pay is good, but no room for advancement, only lateral moves. Retirement has been reduced and frozen. 401K is only retirement opti
Certified Outside Service Technician (Current Employee), Conroe, TXApril 4, 2013
Pros: company truck home dispatched.trusted to do my job on my own
Cons: frozen retiremen, no room for advancement, only lateral moves with very little pay increase for those moves
On a typical work day I will install and repair telephone, dsl, or t.v. service to residential homes and some businesses.I also install and repair fiber optics in residences and businesses I am home dispatched which means I take my company truck home every night and start my day from my home instead of going into the office every day. I repair cut copper – more... or fiber optic cables. I interact with customers on a daily basis. Informing them on the nature of their problem and how I repaired the problem. I speak with engineers and network services to resolve customer issues. I have a great supervisor, and for the most part the management team is top notch. There are 30+ technicians in my department, but we work as one man out. Meaning we work alone and are trained to do all the services we provide. I rarely work with another technician except when one of us has a job that requires help. We do work together on splicing jobs, such as after hours fiber splicing.The most enjoyable part of my job is the diversity in what I do every day. And sometimes that can be the hardest part of my job.. – less
So much talent in this Company
Tech support / NOC (Current Employee), Tx business officeJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: health care
Cons: no job secuity
Calls for hosting email and hosting web sites, Working trouble tickets, work copyright infringments, server loads balanced, communication with other ISP on behalf of customers. register domain / renew.
It was a good place to work in the beginning.
sales and advertising (Former Employee), Conroe, TexasDecember 15, 2012
Pros: being out of the office and dealing with business owners one on one.
Cons: no job security with a product no longer in demand.
It was a fun place to work but as the pressure mounted because yellow pages is not being used anymore. It became a very tense and negative work environment.
Consolidated Communications
Fraud Analyst III (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILSeptember 27, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, pay and benefits.
Very pleasant environment. Room for growth and advancement. Great co-workers. Lost job due to down sizing.
Job Security
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILAugust 14, 2012
Will let you go without ANY notice. NOT a very secure job! Even after 9 years!
No job security
Customer Service (Current Employee), Gibsonia PAJuly 19, 2012
There is no job security and I want a job that I can feel secure at
GOOD JOB
FRAME TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), CONROE, TXMarch 14, 2012
GOOD JOB.. GOOD MONEY.. GOOD ENVIRONMENT. OVER ALL GOOD PLACE TO WORK.

About CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS

Consolidated Communications is just what its name implies. The rural local exchange carrier (RLEC) encompasses operations based in – Read more