Consolidated Container Company Employee Reviews

I enjoyed being there Receptionist.
Receptionist/ Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 24, 2016
It was a typical day at work, I was busy all the time.
I learned that my co workers appreciated my help when they needed it. I had good Bosses, I just wish they hadn't laid me off. I had awesome co-workers. The hardest part of my job was when I had to say goodbye. Taking care of the mail room and the kitchen and helping my bosses and co-workers.
Pros
no free lunches, didnt expect it either.
Cons
Good health care, and 401 K plan.
Jobs out of agencys are a failure
Quality Control Specialist Inspector (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 28, 2016
My experience is not good, Every person in this world dream a like if you work on wall street or main street we all have bills , college dreams for our children, This world uses an agency to pay people under the normal dollar , They can also end your assignment without a word if people cared about one another they would get rid of all agency's and the company's would meet face to face with the person they are allowing to work for there company.
Pros
employed
Cons
short term
Very hard company to work for
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
No matter what position you are in with CCC, you are required to wear multiple hats. If you are in Management at the plant level and are not considered a favorite, you are asked to work with basically no support or the tools needed to accomplish your responsibilities successfully. Hours are long, stress is high. Upper Management and plant management employees change with the drop of a hat and when new management comes in, everything changes so nothing becomes consistent. Employees tend to not follow the changes because newly introduced programs, initiatives and Managers are like revolving doors. Regional Management and higher have no clue in the day to day operations of a plant and are also not consistent in the way they treat their Management teams. Some Managers get everything they need to succeed and others are left to drown. Reward and recognition programs are inconsistent. Most Hourly Employees work very hard and are dedicated, but are threatened they will lose their jobs if they choose their family over working 7 days a week, sometimes 12 hours a day. Employees are told that they do not deserve recognition for being safe, having quality bottles and for engagement for the newest initiative they throw at the plant. Some Plant Managers get away with treating their employees with no dignity and no respect. The Company itself is not professional and believes what regional and plant managers say without full investigation. As hard as CCC tries to improve their quality, safety, Customer Service and engagement of their Employees, they have a long way to go.
Pros
Loved working with all my fellow employees on the production floor, appreciated their hard work and dedication
Cons
Management (Plant managers and above)
no breaks stight 8s and 12s disorganized poor managment
Blow Mold Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIApril 12, 2016
asking to much no breaks no team work no leadership no training just do it attitude. people are not an concern yet safety is a constant yelling point to much politics and blame games
Pros
Cons
no breaks unlimited overtime and blame
Plant manager is conceded and self centered
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYDecember 28, 2015
enjoyed working with other employees...management had no cares or concerns of employee's input.was very hot in summer and docks were unsafe when it rained because they leaked.
Pros
other employees
Cons
management
Good Job
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 25, 2016
I worked on Uniloy Blow Molders and Dyco auropackers and other facility equipment. each day was filled with repairs, troubleshooting and rebuilds.
It's a job
Floor Person/Inspector Packer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2013
A typical day consist of a briefing, an update from the previous shift, 8 hours of labor, and prep for the night shift. I record bottle production hourly and tie units for loading onto trailers.

I learned the meaning of teamwork and what a fast pace bottle production environment does to the human body.

Management is management, they do their best to maintain order.

My co-workers vary among levels of usefulness but all are pleasant to be around.

The hardest part of the job would be trying to stay afloat on days where every machine is running, it's physically stressful.

There's no joy in this job, it exist only to meet the needs of it's customers, which is bottles, and lots of them.
Pros
encourages individual opinion
Cons
room for improvement on employee compensation
Good workplace with oppurtunity for advancement
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 9, 2014
Throughout my years @ CCC I enjoyed coming in to work. At our facility we worked hit the floor and to see what was happening and would develop action plans. Oppurtunistic company.

The jobs were good that i worked in; hardest part was getting buy in for capital and or filling management position due to upper management wanting to save the money or have others do the task which stressed the rest of the workforce.

If you graduated through the ranks you had to fight hard to get respectable pay for the position.

Hourly workers were great and did not have many issues; some managers were testy once you put them to the test.
Pros
growth, opputunity.
Cons
compensation for tenured management; beneifits.
Good company. Heavy on corporate overhead.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe Township, NJ Elizabeth, NJ York PAAugust 19, 2015
Worked 7 productive years developing 3 different facilities into top performers. Growth opportunities were primarily on the west coast. I decide to pursue new challenges i.e. Midwest Can. Unfortunately the move did not result as expected.
Pros
Proactive Inititives, good management philosophy.
Cons
Too many initiatives rolled out at the same time not very effective.
Demanding work without recognition or appreciation
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Work long hard hours, no regard for family life. Demand individuals to perform above and beyond but fail to recognize or reward them. New employees are thrown at a job without proper training and often fail. Poorly run as far as follow through with initiatives that are started. Slow to respond to customer requests. Customers pay for bottles based on an agreed upon weight, yet plants are rewarded for under-cutting this weight so customers pay for something they do not receive. Very unethical.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to work long hours
Cons
Lack of recognition or appreciation of emoployees
Ccc
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New Castle PAAugust 24, 2015
Dealing with customer's questions and concerns. Prospecting, Contacting , qualifying and developing new business. Non competitive for presentations and account setups.
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Very slow to move during new business development
Would recommend this company to others.
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Verona, PAJune 12, 2015
Good place to work for me. Liked everybody I worked with. I would go back if they asked me. Management was great. They did everything they could for me. I looked forward to going to work every night. Only thing I didn't like was low lighting outside at night. Knew this already, but reinforced the notion that no matter how hard you try, timing is critical.
Pros
Good people throughtout the plant. Good pay.
Cons
No complaints.
Not a good place at all to work at!!!👎👎👎
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 13, 2015
I worked for this company for 6 months, I was trained for one week and put on the floor to run 2 machines that were not properly calibrated most of the time. I had to perform checks every hour along with giving breaks and running 5 machines all at the same time. Management is a JOKE, and expect you to do their job along with yours! The most enjoyable part of this job are the coworkers.
Pros
You get every other weekend off, 3 days.
Cons
Bad Healthcare plans, short breaks, extremely hot building!
Diverse workforce.
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Harvard, ILSeptember 3, 2013
As a Plant Operations Manager working directly under a multi-plant manager, I often ran the entire facility. The Production Manager, Q.A. Manager, Maintenance Manager, Shop Supervisors, Human Resources Administrator, and our procurement (buyer/planner), reported directly to me.

It was a fast paced 24/7 operation filled with exciting lean management opportunities.
Pros
flexible start time.
Cons
low advancement opportunity
Rewarding place to work
Maintenance Setup, Safety Leader-Plant & Region (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 14, 2015
Great effort was put in by senior leadership to have plants learn correct metrics to use to evaluate production and business decisions. As employees were educated and learned to be part of production decisions the interaction with improvements at the plant led to a happier and rewarding workplace. Plant employees were introduced to other plants which helped create an endless opportunity of resources to improve production inefficiencies.
Pros
You were not alone to solve a problem. Meetings to discuss issues were easy to arrange.
Cons
Health insurance premiums can always be improved.
Slavery
Utilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 22, 2012
Horrible management , the production supervisor has completely taken over the whole place and has created pointless ways of working in order to "improve" production. He pays poorly and overworks everyone. (Especially 3rd shift) and gets upset when we make low numbers. my co workers were mostly okay, except there was this man that seemed to disappear every time it was a busy day, he abandon me and another young worker like me in order for us to finish the job by the time he back. The supervisor and production supervisor did nothing about it, and thats when i had to leave. i was getting 8 dollars an hour grave shift to do someones work while the bosses sat back because they were either to afraid or just not their problem . You would have to do lots of overtime to be paid fairly.
Pros
normal
Cons
many
Great place to work but didnt pay enough.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 20, 2013
Loading and unloading trucks was the norm. Always be prepared to work long hours if need be. Never had a chance to deal with management besides my immediate supervisor. Great guy to work for. Dealing with the heat was the hardest to deal with. Having great co workers and an easy going supervisor was even better.
My current job
Blow Mold Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2014
At Consolidated Container my day starts at 545 am and ends at 6 pm. I am always running two blow mold machines that are not calibrated correctly from processing to function for the days production. Since I have been there I have not been properly trained, I had two weeks of paperwork training and then I was left alone on the floor to run two machines. Management has no structure and no clue that new employees need proper training to perform their job requirements effectively. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers who are loving fun individuals that keep me laughing and make my day a fun one. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what I should know in the 8 months that I have been there.
they only care about folks who have been there for a long time
Pack Inspector (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCMay 10, 2015
i worked hard at this company to make a wage and possibly advance. but after a few months of back breaking work, i soon realized i would never move up. even though i was cross trained for different positions, i would be passed up for promotions with strange explanations.
Pros
making a paycheck
Cons
hot
Challenging career. Fast paced
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 18, 2014
Managing 25 workers in a fast paced environment. Assuring safety, quality, workflow, attaining production goals and completing required reports to other departments and upper management. I have honed my leadership skills by working with a diverse employee base and leadership development classes. Management is goal oriented and strictly directed by corporate directives. Co-workers have a diverse background and perform their jobs well. The hardest part of the job is bringing a very young workforce up to speed in their knowledge and work ethics. My shift is twelve hours but pre-shift and post shift work takes that to fourteen hours per day. The most rewarding part of the job is when my coaching helps an employee preform to their potential and they attain a sense of pride in their work,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consolidated Container Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Consolidated Container Company Reviews by Location