Consolidated Container Company

Consolidated Container Company Employee Reviews

they only care about folks who have been there for a long time
Pack Inspector (Former Employee), Thomasville, NCMay 10, 2015
Pros: making a paycheck
Cons: hot
i worked hard at this company to make a wage and possibly advance. but after a few months of back breaking work, i soon realized i would never move up. even though i was cross trained for different positions, i would be passed up for promotions with strange explanations.
Loved working in Shipping
Shipping/Receiving Manager (Former Employee), New Castle, PAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Freedom of working on my own
Cons: Long hours and no help
Loved the job, Interaction with different people on a daily basis. Constantly busy on the phone or loading/unloading trucks. Setting up on inbound/outbound shipments
productive workplace
operator (Former Employee), baltimore, MDMarch 25, 2015
Pros: good co workers
Cons: Bad management
Learn to operate blow molding machinery. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management. Made a lot of friends working with co workers.
Demanding work without recognition or appreciation
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Lots of opportunities to work long hours
Cons: Lack of recognition or appreciation of emoployees
Work long hard hours, no regard for family life. Demand individuals to perform above and beyond but fail to recognize or reward them. New employees are thrown at a job without proper training and often fail. Poorly run as far as follow through with initiatives that are started. Slow to respond to customer requests. Customers pay for bottles based on an agreed upon weight, yet plants are rewarded for under-cutting this weight so customers pay for something they do not receive. Very unethical.
not worth the time
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Industry, CAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: you can drink on the job
company sucks! plant manager does not care about anyone that works for the company.

operators are milked for very little money
Fast paced plastic bottle production
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSMarch 1, 2015
Pros: decent wages, work half of the year when no overtime is required
Cons: 12 hr shifts working nights, high health care, no vision insurance
Mostly fine tune adjustments of various pieces of equipment and support of machine operators. On the fly repair of broken equipment and root cause analysis when necessary. Management selects a priority list of lines running according to customer needs so my two other coworkers and myself know which lines to attend to first. The hardest part of my job is following behind someone else's repair that was essentially a "band aid" and not properly addressed on the first call.
Not knowing a great deal about electrical, have learned some troubleshooting and a little about how to read prints and follow circuitry. I like learning new skills with my job and really enjoy working with my hands.
Machine Operator
Machine operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 9, 2014
It was very well managed, Performing daily counting rountines and recieving/distributing in a timely manner...
Clean, Safe work environment
Machine Operator/Packer (Current Employee), Sherman, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: very clean
Cons: no break after lunch
Haven't been with this company long but so far my days have consisted of learning basic operations of machines and general responsibilities of the job by assisting my team leader and co-workers in their normal, daily job duties.
Good work environment
Material Handler (Current Employee), McDonough, GANovember 5, 2014
Pros: working 1st shift
Cons: no oppertunity for advancment
I come into work, make sure all duties from the previous shift have been completed, run through a list of task that need to be completed before my shift is up, operate blow mold and bagging machines.
Current position at Consoidated Container Company
Production Manager & Customer Service (Current Employee), South Burlington, VTNovember 5, 2014
Multi task in a constantly changing environment. Work with both large and small customers and provide products that best fit their needs.
the burlington branch is closing so, N/A
Production Worker (Current Employee), Burlington, VTOctober 25, 2014
The Burlington brach is closing. Utilized basic machine operator skills
Not very caring about there employees. Making you drive into work when no work available. Doing too many different jobs that are not yours.
Blow Mold Tech (Former Employee), Argos, INOctober 24, 2014
Pros: cookouts and company pproviding meals with some extra time for lunch
Cons: no people to do janitorial duties or clean the plant except us
Operated multiple machines learned how to make quality botltles and entered information into the computer. Was involved with management and co-workers because I did alot of the training on this shift. Climbing on top of the machines to do prevented maintenance duties. Helping other people so they would not struggle to get the job done.
Very busy work environment
Human Resources Plant Administrator (Former Employee), City of Industry, CAOctober 17, 2014
I was in charge of the human resources department as well as accounting and inventory. I enjoyed my schedule, M-F 5am-1:30p
My current job
Blow Mold Machine Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2014
At Consolidated Container my day starts at 545 am and ends at 6 pm. I am always running two blow mold machines that are not calibrated correctly from processing to function for the days production. Since I have been there I have not been properly trained, I had two weeks of paperwork training and then I was left alone on the floor to run two machines. Management has no structure and no clue that new employees need proper training to perform their job requirements effectively. The most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers who are loving fun individuals that keep me laughing and make my day a fun one. The hardest part of the job is not knowing what I should know in the 8 months that I have been there.
good job but lacked proper management
blow mold operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 8, 2014
Was very disappointed with management and hrs once I got hired on. They expected you to drop everything and work.... even on days off they call you in for no reason.
Pays the bills
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), MaAugust 13, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: advancement
Good enough. Like any work place you'll have good days and bad days. Not bad enough to make you want to leave, but not good enough to make you want to stay.
Challenging career. Fast paced
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSJanuary 18, 2014
Managing 25 workers in a fast paced environment. Assuring safety, quality, workflow, attaining production goals and completing required reports to other departments and upper management. I have honed my leadership skills by working with a diverse employee base and leadership development classes. Management is goal oriented and strictly directed by corporate directives. Co-workers have a diverse background and perform their jobs well. The hardest part of the job is bringing a very young workforce up to speed in their knowledge and work ethics. My shift is twelve hours but pre-shift and post shift work takes that to fourteen hours per day. The most rewarding part of the job is when my coaching helps an employee preform to their potential and they attain a sense of pride in their work,
Good workplace with oppurtunity for advancement
Plant Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: growth, opputunity.
Cons: compensation for tenured management; beneifits.
Throughout my years @ CCC I enjoyed coming in to work. At our facility we worked hit the floor and to see what was happening and would develop action plans. Oppurtunistic company.

The jobs were good that i worked in; hardest part was getting buy in for capital and or filling management position due to upper management wanting to save the money or have others do the task which stressed the rest of the workforce.

If you graduated through the ranks you had to fight hard to get respectable pay for the position.

Hourly workers were great and did not have many issues; some managers were testy once you put them to the test.
Stable work place all year round.
Production Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Industry, CAJanuary 6, 2014
24/7 busy workplace all year round. lots of working hours and fine place to work in.
N/A
Packer & Inspection (Current Employee), Brenigsville, PAJanuary 6, 2014
CCC manufactures light-weight and more complicated sizes and shapes variation containers. Such as plastic bottles. It is my responsibility to inspect and packed this bottles.

1 2 3

About Consolidated Container Company

If you want to make a big deal out of it, chances are Bain Capital willĀ get involved. The private equity andĀ venture capitalĀ investor – Read more