Consolidated Graphics

Consolidated Graphics Employee Reviews in United States

Entry level job
Digital Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 29, 2015
The atmosphere is not for millennials. I know the company recently was bought out, so I'm sure many things have changed. In all honesty this review is not applicable to any real candidates.
Pros
This job was better than no job
Cons
micromanaging, low pay
Young and fun company
Corporate Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
Young group of training associates makes it a great environment. Underpaid, but great place to start!
Energetic, enthusiastic place with an incredible culture
Marketing / Promotions /Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2014
The sky was the limit in order to impress our clients with our company and the range of product offerings we could provide. When it came to entertainment within a learning environment, Consolidated Graphics (CGX) was amazing. We brought together top sales and top customers every year for a week of undivided attention to their needs and the expectations that they would bring more business to the group.
Pros
creativity was rewarded and encouraged
Cons
healthcare was not what it could be, considering the size of the company. overall compensation was poor, also considering the size of the company and the required hours and travel.
Entry level job
Technology Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
This place was built for recent college students to come and grow in the organization for a small amount of money.
Other associates were great to work with
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2014
Very large National Commercial Printer with more than 80 print facilities throughout the U.S.

Provided many print solutions for the sales reps to offer our clients.

However, as the print industry, across the market began to feel the difficult affects of competitors outsourcing print to overseas providers, along with the continued reality of the industries obsolescence, the company went through several series of company-wide national employee lay-off's and plant closures.
High employee turnover with no attention to employee retention and advancement
Associate in the Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 29, 2014
Only focused on the bottom line. If each office if profitable, corporate pays no attention to employee moral or turnover. During my 2+ years with the company I watched more than 30% of our office leave, some just because they couldn't take the office environment, but many due to low compensation and unreasonable work expections. Salaried employees are paid a modest amount, but expected to work long hours, including weekends, to keep increasing the bottom line.
Pros
valuable work/life lessons.
Cons
salary, management, work conditions
Constant shift in Upper management
Leadership Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2014
Consolidated Graphics is a great company to start your career. The company is very transparent, and you will have access to resources that would typically be unattainable. The environment is very unique at TSSG because they service the sister companies all over the country and sometimes people will get overlooked for the amount of work they put in. Overall, the company is good for people who want a good foundation of IT experience.
Pros
great conferences
Cons
bad benefits
I enjoy working with team (individual if needed), but with team I enjoy more since we have fun while working and lough when a hard task become harder
SAP Business Objects Administrator/ Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2013
My day normally starts with consist of coming to work and completing all of my tasks to the best of my ability for the growth and prosperity of the company that's give me a smile when I leave the office in the evening.
Solid Organization
Leadership (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 31, 2013
True teamwork environment
Original leadership from start of business
Growth potential - LDP program with potential for plant presidents
Pros
growth potential, especially for new college grads
Cons
limited benefits
Not the best job around town but happy to have a full-time job
Executive Administrator, Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2013
I love the people I work with but the good employees are leaving every week because we are underpaid.
Cons
healthcare, compensaion
Bottom line > Employees
Direct Mail/Network Admin (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2013
To be successful in this environment you must be great at covering your a**. Each employee watches after themselves and doesn't operate with a team mentality. Veteran employees have unhealthy lives at home and bring it into work. Because of this some people work extended hours to avoid going home and expect other employees stay as well. Productivity and meeting numbers are the only thing that matters within this corporation. This method of operation has lead to a very high turnover within the corporation and many employees jump at the very next opportunity they can find.
Pros
great experience for resume
Cons
long hours, no respect, no appreciation, 8-5 is looked down upon, toxic environment
Departments dont work with each other-poor management
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Heneritta, NYAugust 27, 2013
Bindery is the worst. Lot of fighting between each other. The lazy ones get the praise. Pay isn't good. So much ot you forget what day it is. You can bust your butt, never miss a deadline, if you aren't in the click, you are overlooked. They have been caught being racist.
Pros
lot of ot
Cons
job security. poor management
Fast paced work enviroment, great people to work with,alot of hours.
Second Pressman (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHAugust 20, 2013
I worked 12 hour days,6pm to 6am. I started out in the warehouse, and was asked if I wanted to learn press operation. So I ended up in the pressroom as a second pressman. I picked it up very quickly I was told. I also did shipping and receiving when we were slow. Everybody was a team player, and we worked very hard to get the deadlines on time. 90% of the time we did get them out. The 12 hour shifts were pretty grueling sometimes, but the money was decent. We would have holiday parties, and we had incentives for jobs well done.
Pros
holiday parties, good people, incentives, overtime
Cons
when things didn't go right, it was a long day. some stress.
Not a people place
Prepress Production (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIJuly 22, 2013
Only work for CGX if you absolutely can't find anything else
No matter what effort you put forward you will only valued on how the bottom line looks.
Smiling faces cover the back stabbing
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
mediocre insurance, wages, put down management style
great employees management does nothing but lie threw there teeth
press operator (Current Employee) –  ohioJuly 19, 2013
If cgx would leave it would be a great place to work since they took over 10 percent pay cut with no raises for over 6 years. Ins sucks cause we pay for it all it goes up every year that makes pay go down. Wish I could get out
Good training
Leadership Development Associate (Former Employee) –  DallasMay 22, 2013
You either love it or hate it. Hard to move up in management unless you are willing to relocate.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Coworkers make the job worthwhile
Senior Executive Secretary - Executive Officers (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2013
By and large it's been a good place to work. In light of the fact that they do not give raises and the healthcare is subpar I've found it necessary to move on.
Pros
the people
Cons
healthcare
Structure, education but growth and pay unstable
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 20, 2013
Unless you are an LDP your position is limited. If you are a person who fell into this company because your company was aquired, get out now...you will not last as they will replace you with an LDP in time. Core group is solely structured around the Houston hub which calls the shots regardless of what goes on elsewhere. New management is recruited, moved to new locations until they work to fulfill the corporate dream and then they leave because TX refuses to increase wages. Sad since they have uprooted and left their homes and family. Hardest part of job was watching everyone leave a company that they worked hard to build and CGX peeled them all away until the company was a mere shell.
Pros
big dollars, equipment stockpile
Cons
wages, weak management, security, power struggles, lack of employee concern
Excellent opportunity to grow and make $
Sales (Current Employee) –  SacramentoMarch 15, 2013
Been with this company for over ten years. Forward-thinking organization with money to invest in tools. Rewards hard work with good compensation.
Pros
good financial incentives
Cons
benefits are pricey
Great Company with broad opportunity
Supervisor/Client Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 7, 2013
I learned alot of managerial skills and tools. I learned sheet fed printing, inventory management, job planning and customer relation communication. I went from running a department to handling an large account from new design all the way through to delivery schedule. The hardest part was being salary and working 15 plus hour days. The most rewarding part was seeing the end result that your hard work created by happy customer reviews.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
winter weather

2.6