Constant Contact

Constant Contact Employee Reviews

Nice and fun culture but lacking drive and discipline
Senior Director, Emerging Businesses (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 1, 2016
CTCT is being acquired by another company because Sr Mgt set unrealistic growth targets and lacked greatly strategic vision and execution/operational excellence
Wonderful Culture!
Senior Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoyed waking up and going to Constant Contact everyday! Great training department, fun culture and outstanding support team.
Pros
Fun Culture
Amazing job
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 2, 2015
I've learned so much by working at Constant Contact. The days were filled with fun and excitement while helping clients.My co-workers were amazing and always helpful. The hardest part of the job was getting to know HTML code. The most enjoyable part of this job was going to work every day. There was always something new to learn.
Pros
You are paid for your lunch time
Cons
Structural changes
worst job i have ever had
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 22, 2015
Management is terrible. they do not communicate well amongst each other which makes it difficult for those working under them. The pay is extremely low in the customer support department even though you are basically a technician. Lies told of advancement
Pros
a lot of free food, good benefits package
Cons
short scheduled breaks, very low pay, bad management
Great training program and support for new hires
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 27, 2015
Customer Engagement Specialist
You need to know a lot more than just the website and its tools, you will be taking calls on networking, app integrations, account info, billing, image editing, best practices and compliance, basic HTML. Many customers will ask that you work on their emails for them. Training is about a month. It's a good job but a bit of a grind with the call queue. You have to be ready to take the next call within 60 seconds. Most of the time you stay past your shift depending on the length of your last call. Pay is only $14 hourly. Should be a lot more with everything you have to know.
Pros
Free coffee and Soda, subsidized vending machine
Cons
tied to your desk
Customer engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 24, 2015
Great culture and environment. Great co-workers. Amazing benefits. The best part of my day was simply being around my co-workers.
Fun place to work, but change happens slowly...
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2015
From a quality of life perspective, CTCT has been the best job I've worked at. Great benefits, tons of training available, great engineers and developers.

Where the company lacks is consistency with focus. Priorities shift at times on a bi-weekly or weekly basis, which cause many starts and few finishes.

Management has good product vision, but the amount of management bloat prevents consistent execution. Too many people need to be on the same page all the time.

If you are patience and willing to wait for change, then its a great place to work and retire. If you are on the fast track of achievement, it may not be for you.
Pros
Talented people, good work-life balance, outstanding benefits
Cons
Siloed departments, bad commute location, too much management bloat
Fantastic place to work with fantastic people
New Hire Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2015
A great place to work with a clear mission and a fun attitude. Probably the best place I have ever worked. The atmosphere is one of work hard, play hard and you feel a great deal of accomplishments when you look at the impact you have on customers and small businesses.
Fun place to work.
BI Reporting analsyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham MAJuly 15, 2015
Fun place to work, but no training offered to perform your duties properly. No advancement or follow thru on annual goals and training requests.
Pros
Lots of food and drinks
Cons
too much work at times, no effort made to implement annual review goals and advancement
Great place to work - friendly, supportive team.
Customer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 13, 2015
I have worked at Constant Contact for almost three years, and if it was not for an insane commute that I simply cannot take any more, I would enjoy many more years.

When I first started, I was shown an orientation video that displayed, as you would expect, employees having fun - The kind of thing you probably would not take seriously as an employee. Propaganda, obviously.

It wasn't. The team really is as crazy as that sometimes (but we all take our work and the customer seriously!) - and i've been a part of that kind of event.

It is a lot of fun, and very fulfilling as a job - plus the pay is comfortably above the average, even for a new call center agent, which is a plus!

There is often free food (to the point where if you are not careful, you WILL gain weight), and many events going on frequently.

By far, however, the level of support has been absolutely mind-blowing -- In some of my toughest times, where I was close to breaking down because of a personal issue that was entirely up to me to cope with, management has gone out of it's way to help make me comfortable at work (assigning me to activities that did not require me to be on the phone). They did not have to do this - it was entirely to MY benefit and not the companies, but i have never forgotten all of the hopes they have gone through for me even when I was a brand new employee.

It's a hard job - there may be cake, but it's no cake walk, but you are rewarded amply for your efforts.

Working for Constant Contact has been some of the best experiences of my professional life, and I cannot recommend
  more... them highly enough.

Watch out for the commute times if you apply for the Waltham, MA location, though.
Pros
Great management, great culture
Cons
Boston area commute is a nightmare - car or public transit - if you have a long trip

Want to know more about Constant Contact?

Ask a question
Constant Contact Review
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 27, 2015
At first glance, this looks like a great gig, however it is a lot of smoke and mirrors. There is no transparency in management.
Nice place to work .
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 22, 2015
I learned alot about computer, HTML code, and different softwares. The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy and being able to assist them with the issue they called about plus more!
Pros
free drinks, beer cart fridays
Cons
far from home
As a Partner and Service Provider able to work independently
Partner Solutions Provider (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2015
A typical work day is to participate in available webinars to remain relevant and up to date with products and services. I learn about the tools and transition them into customer benefits. The management team does not have as much product knowledge and therefore offers little to increase Service Provider success. It's a very competitive environment when working with co-Service Providers. There is not really a hard part unless you need to do some unconventional eMail development requested by customer. Then being able to write code or understand how to modify code becomes a challenge. But it becomes most enjoyable when you can contact their awesome customer service technical staff that understands my pain and walks me through the coding challenges to meet my customer's expectations.
Pros
Being able to work independently, creativity, flexibility
Cons
custom email links to grow my customer base goes directly back to the company.
Great Work Culture
Customer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 13, 2015
I love the work culture and the job seems to employ people who get along and do a good job at that. There have been some changes in management that have caused some issues with the company which could be improved
Pros
benefits, 401k matching, stock options
Cons
expensive health coverage, pay doesn't match cost of living
Slow common concensus decision making
Director (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 17, 2015
Talking, talking, talking, until you're blue and do as usual.
Decisions by consensus. Building circles of influence is a required talent.
Overall a good company
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 9, 2015
Constant Contact is a good company overall. I've never had issues with management. Some of the ideals of the company are a little skewed but overall the benefits, culture, and work environment are great.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Excellent place to work. Worked with a great manager to complete project in a timely and productive way ; learning opportunities.
Great energy, people and benefits - need better long range planning
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Direction change too frequent but mostly attributed to the launch and test culture necessary for product application.
Fun, amazing work-life balance, opportunities to grow
G&A (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 30, 2014
This is by far the best company I've worked for. The work-life balance is extraordinarily good, there are work from home opportunities and flexible schedules to accommodate your personal life/needs, you are surrounded by smart & passionate colleagues, and the mission-driven culture (working on behalf of small businesses and nonprofits to help them succeed) is fully embraced by most. Benefits are spectacular and available from day 1. Many levels of management that can be difficult to navigate would be the primary drawback. Internal advancement opportunities definitely exist for properly motivated and hard-working individuals.
Pros
free beverages, lots of free food, professional development, great culture
Cons
multiple levels of management
Worst job I ever had
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 20, 2014
Horrible management. Ridiculous corporate culture. Working there is like being a dog on a leash 8 or more hours per day. Worst job I ever had. Their product isn't horrible, but it isn't good either. They overcharge for their services. Most of the managers are clueless lap dogs.
Pros
free pop machine
Cons
stifling work environment