Constant Contact

Constant Contact Employee Reviews

Great Work Culture
Customer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, COApril 13, 2015
Pros: benefits, 401k matching, stock options
Cons: expensive health coverage, pay doesn't match cost of living
I love the work culture and the job seems to employ people who get along and do a good job at that. There have been some changes in management that have caused some issues with the company which could be improved
Slow common concensus decision making
Director (Current Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 17, 2015
Talking, talking, talking, until you're blue and do as usual.
Decisions by consensus. Building circles of influence is a required talent.
Overall a good company
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, COFebruary 9, 2015
Constant Contact is a good company overall. I've never had issues with management. Some of the ideals of the company are a little skewed but overall the benefits, culture, and work environment are great.
Consultant (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 23, 2015
Excellent place to work. Worked with a great manager to complete project in a timely and productive way ; learning opportunities.
Great energy, people and benefits - need better long range planning
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Direction change too frequent but mostly attributed to the launch and test culture necessary for product application.
Fun, amazing work-life balance, opportunities to grow
G&A (Current Employee), Waltham, MADecember 30, 2014
Pros: free beverages, lots of free food, professional development, great culture
Cons: multiple levels of management
This is by far the best company I've worked for. The work-life balance is extraordinarily good, there are work from home opportunities and flexible schedules to accommodate your personal life/needs, you are surrounded by smart & passionate colleagues, and the mission-driven culture (working on behalf of small businesses and nonprofits to help them succeed) is fully embraced by most. Benefits are spectacular and available from day 1. Many levels of management that can be difficult to navigate would be the primary drawback. Internal advancement opportunities definitely exist for properly motivated and hard-working individuals.
Worst job I ever had
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Loveland, CONovember 20, 2014
Pros: free pop machine
Cons: stifling work environment
Horrible management. Ridiculous corporate culture. Working there is like being a dog on a leash 8 or more hours per day. Worst job I ever had. Their product isn't horrible, but it isn't good either. They overcharge for their services. Most of the managers are clueless lap dogs.
Wonderful place to work
Management of Multi Channel SaaS Technical Support (Former Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: fantastic work environment. lots of activities and true sense of "team"
Cons: pay scale could be more competitive
Great culture and opportunity. People are top notch. Pay scale lower than it should be.
Vice President, Customer Support (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 9, 2014
Pros: paid lunch for hourly support staff
Great company, focused on customers and employees more than most. As they've grown, continue to remain flat. Less politics than most companies of their size.
Intership
PR Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
This was a great experience and I learned a lot about the use of Constant Contact.
Bad company to work for, thinks they're awesome
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee), Loveland, COMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free drinks, pizza, competitive pay
Cons: zombiesque, robotic, soulless, jackhammer
A lot of things should have felt good about working for this company. They pay higher than average, they have free vending machines, they buy you all kinds of company-wide lunches, they give you $150 bonuses just because the call volume was high for that week.

Despite all of these seeming benefits, I really have nothing good to say about this company, and here's why:

It's as though they expect giving away free soda and food and higher wages makes them a great company. It's as though you're supposed to act like you're working in the Mecca of professionalism because they buy you some external frills and SWAG on the outside.

It doesn't work. I would rather work for a company who values my skill and pays me $5/hr than work for a company that wants me to be a robot and pays me $12.50/hr. Many of the employees where I worked had relevant ideas, but they only paid them lip service by doing "innovation jams." Well, nothing that was thought of in an innovation jam ever made it up to the product line, and if it did very little, if any credit was given to the person who had the idea.

Despite how much this company talks themselves up, their customers are very unhappy. The last update that went out, it's called "Contacts 2.0" in the CTCT biz, was very flawed and not ready to be released, nor did it need to be released. They simply "beta-tested" it on their customers, and then all of the customer service people had to deal with the design problems that the engineers should have gotten right the first time. And why should the engineers care? As far as all the upper management was concerned – more... it was a great release and better than Contacts 1.0. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most of the customers I talked to about Contacts 2.0 said they liked 1.0 better.

Constant Contact tries to buy your approval for cheap thrills. I would rather work where I'm getting paid $5/hr and am respected and valued for what I bring to the table than here where they give me all kinds of bonuses instead of fixing simple problems that need fixed. I don't go to work to eat pizza or get free drinks, I go to work to do a good job, and it's hard when the upper management and product design is so separate from the first tier people, it's very hard to do a good job and be proud of your work. – less
Friendly work environment
Account Review Specialist (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: lunches, overtime, environment, beer cart friday.
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical day at work was more or less coaching customers, de-escalating as necessary, responding to customer emails, and given the volume, working overtime.

I learned all aspects of the company, with internal customer support live chats, soft sales, ISP relations, custom designed template making, time management, and communication.

The management style was something I've never witnessed before, I've never in all my work experience had to micro manage my managers.

The hardest part of my day would be working with very difficult accounts and frustrated customers. Essentially I would be de-escalating all day long.

Most enjoyable part of my job would most definitely be my co-workers. We had quite the sense of comradery.
Poor leadership and no chance for advancement
Informal leader & Sales representative (Former Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great work environment and products
Cons: poor management and leadership
Outbound calling to qualified leads. 80-100 calls per day. I learned about engagement marketing and a lot about various social media tools. The hardest part of the job was actually getting in touch with folks and having quality conversations. Small business owners don't have time to spend 15 minutes talking about their marketing plan with a complete stranger in the middle of the work day. I did really enjoy when I did get the opportunity to show someone the tangible results of their email marketing campaign and how it has positively impacted their business. I really loved working at CTCT but management was inconsistent and poor. In my three years we had 4 or 5 different directors of sales each with their own philosophy so we were constantly asked to change our selling style and approach even if we were successful. I would characterize the leaders more as chaperones there to micromanage your process rather than inspiring leaders that make you want to do your job better.
Great Company,
Customer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, COJanuary 30, 2014
This is a great company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and are a very flexible company, committed to the growth of everyone in the organization.
A good, fast growing company
Support Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 7, 2014
The office culture was fun and innovative. Management encouraged employees to share new ideas and allowed us to be ourselves. This helped our strengths come forward.
Great Place to Work
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Waltham, MANovember 20, 2013
- Designed custom email campaigns
- Communicated with small business customers to go over marketing plans
- Working with all different kinds of customers and every day being different then the next makes it a very enjoyable work environment
Great Culture, Continued Learning
Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Loveland, COJuly 16, 2013
At Constant Contact I was responsible for managing a pipeline of leads that had all expressed interest in Constant Contact. The main objective was to onboard prospects to paying customers.
Creative, fun work place.
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, fun work place
Cons: inbound call center
Answer inbound calls regarding email marketing for small business. Coached on best business practices. Also assisted customers on other online products, Survey, Event, Social Media Marketing. The best part of the job was that I was always learning and my skills were being challenged. The hardest part was that the job was very repetitive working in a inbound call center.
Productive workplace with a great enviornment
Call Center Support Manager (Current Employee), Waltham MaMay 29, 2013
I started as a support agent and was assigned to projects and then became a manager. I managers up to 12 agents directly.
I loved working with the agents as well as the other managers.
Unfortunately the commute was a bit much.
Great Rewards to employees
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, COApril 29, 2013
Pros: free soda and coffee
Cons: commission plans
Great culture casual and upbeat office great coworkers very talented people

About Constant Contact

Constant Contact helps small businesses do more business. We have been revolutionizing the success formula for small businesses, – Read more

Constant Contact Salaries