Constant Contact

Constant Contact Employer Reviews

Intership
PR Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 1, 2014
This was a great experience and I learned a lot about the use of Constant Contact.
Bad company to work for, thinks they're awesome
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee), Loveland, COMarch 22, 2014
Pros: free drinks, pizza, competitive pay
Cons: zombiesque, robotic, soulless, jackhammer
A lot of things should have felt good about working for this company. They pay higher than average, they have free vending machines, they buy you all kinds of company-wide lunches, they give you $150 bonuses just because the call volume was high for that week.

Despite all of these seeming benefits, I really have nothing good to say about this company, – more... and here's why:

It's as though they expect giving away free soda and food and higher wages makes them a great company. It's as though you're supposed to act like you're working in the Mecca of professionalism because they buy you some external frills and SWAG on the outside.

It doesn't work. I would rather work for a company who values my skill and pays me $5/hr than work for a company that wants me to be a robot and pays me $12.50/hr. Many of the employees where I worked had relevant ideas, but they only paid them lip service by doing "innovation jams." Well, nothing that was thought of in an innovation jam ever made it up to the product line, and if it did very little, if any credit was given to the person who had the idea.

Despite how much this company talks themselves up, their customers are very unhappy. The last update that went out, it's called "Contacts 2.0" in the CTCT biz, was very flawed and not ready to be released, nor did it need to be released. They simply "beta-tested" it on their customers, and then all of the customer service people had to deal with the design problems that the engineers should have gotten right the first time. And why should the engineers care? As far as all the upper management was concerned it was a great release and better than Contacts 1.0. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most of the customers I talked to about Contacts 2.0 said they liked 1.0 better.

Constant Contact tries to buy your approval for cheap thrills. I would rather work where I'm getting paid $5/hr and am respected and valued for what I bring to the table than here where they give me all kinds of bonuses instead of fixing simple problems that need fixed. I don't go to work to eat pizza or get free drinks, I go to work to do a good job, and it's hard when the upper management and product design is so separate from the first tier people, it's very hard to do a good job and be proud of your work. – less
Friendly work environment
Account Review Specialist (Former Employee), Waltham, MAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: lunches, overtime, environment, beer cart friday.
Cons: no room for advancement
A typical day at work was more or less coaching customers, de-escalating as necessary, responding to customer emails, and given the volume, working overtime.

I learned all aspects of the company, with internal customer support live chats, soft sales, ISP relations, custom designed template making, time management, and communication.

The management – more... style was something I've never witnessed before, I've never in all my work experience had to micro manage my managers.

The hardest part of my day would be working with very difficult accounts and frustrated customers. Essentially I would be de-escalating all day long.

Most enjoyable part of my job would most definitely be my co-workers. We had quite the sense of comradery. – less
Poor leadership and no chance for advancement
Informal leader & Sales representative (Former Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great work environment and products
Cons: poor management and leadership
Outbound calling to qualified leads. 80-100 calls per day. I learned about engagement marketing and a lot about various social media tools. The hardest part of the job was actually getting in touch with folks and having quality conversations. Small business owners don't have time to spend 15 minutes talking about their marketing plan with a complete – more... stranger in the middle of the work day. I did really enjoy when I did get the opportunity to show someone the tangible results of their email marketing campaign and how it has positively impacted their business. I really loved working at CTCT but management was inconsistent and poor. In my three years we had 4 or 5 different directors of sales each with their own philosophy so we were constantly asked to change our selling style and approach even if we were successful. I would characterize the leaders more as chaperones there to micromanage your process rather than inspiring leaders that make you want to do your job better. – less
Great Company,
Customer Engagement Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, COJanuary 30, 2014
This is a great company to work for. They treat their employees with respect and are a very flexible company, committed to the growth of everyone in the organization.
A good, fast growing company
Support Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJanuary 7, 2014
The office culture was fun and innovative. Management encouraged employees to share new ideas and allowed us to be ourselves. This helped our strengths come forward.
Great Place to Work
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), Waltham, MANovember 20, 2013
- Designed custom email campaigns
- Communicated with small business customers to go over marketing plans
- Working with all different kinds of customers and every day being different then the next makes it a very enjoyable work environment
Great Culture, Continued Learning
Communications Consultant (Former Employee), Loveland, COJuly 16, 2013
At Constant Contact I was responsible for managing a pipeline of leads that had all expressed interest in Constant Contact. The main objective was to onboard prospects to paying customers.
Creative, fun work place.
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee), Loveland, COJune 23, 2013
Pros: great benefits, fun work place
Cons: inbound call center
Answer inbound calls regarding email marketing for small business. Coached on best business practices. Also assisted customers on other online products, Survey, Event, Social Media Marketing. The best part of the job was that I was always learning and my skills were being challenged. The hardest part was that the job was very repetitive working in a – more... inbound call center. – less
Productive workplace with a great enviornment
Call Center Support Manager (Current Employee), Waltham MaMay 29, 2013
I started as a support agent and was assigned to projects and then became a manager. I managers up to 12 agents directly.
I loved working with the agents as well as the other managers.
Unfortunately the commute was a bit much.
Great Rewards to employees
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, COApril 29, 2013
Pros: free soda and coffee
Cons: commission plans
Great culture casual and upbeat office great coworkers very talented people
Great Place
HR Administration Analyst (Former Employee), Waltham, MAFebruary 14, 2013
Great place depending on the dept. Benefits are awesome! Wish they had more permanent oppurtunities.
Company ambiance good but management SUCKS
Sales rep (Current Employee), Waltham, MANovember 20, 2012
Pros: free lunch end of month so u don't leave ur desk, free sodas
Cons: call center mentality, the management clueless, lots of stress
Was a great company when I first got on but new management came aboard due to original management team resigning since the company adopted a more greedy call center direction. Management constantly changing sales strategies as they are actually floundering and they incorrectly forecast sales goals leaving reps making NO COMMISSION for months in a row. – more... Greed and products launched prematurely are major reasons for Wallstreet demanding the sale reps to pull rabbits out of their hats.
Not until they change the core values back to what they were will they ever have a decent trustworthy company again. – less
Awesome work hard play hard culture, smart people & innovative vison
Inside Sales Manager (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 14, 2012
Over the course of my tenure at Constant Contact I had great mentors, opportunities for advancement and the flexibility to work on projects that I was passionate about.
Flexible, fun environemt
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee), Waltham, MASeptember 26, 2012
Pros: flexibility, salary and benefits, fun environment, great management.
Cons: haven't come across any yet :)
Typical day: come in at your leisure (super flexible) and be a part of a fun, collaborative team environment.

Beer Cart Friday's are always fun!

The ability to work on several different platforms and be a part of a different department (to learn and collaborate) is a great experience.
Great benefits
Engagement Marketing Direct Sales (Current Employee), Waltham, MAAugust 21, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: poor management
Sales organization changed to be a call center. Grew out of the position.
Okay place to work but
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee), Loveland, COJuly 26, 2012
Okay place to work but upper management is on a power trip. Does not take much to get fired or written up. Promises the company makes are often broken. I have seen better management skills at McDonalds than I do in some of their upper management.
One of the best places I worked in
Help Desk Intern/IT Support (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 3, 2012
The whole IT department is very friendly. My co-workers, manager and supervisor all helped me out a lot and taught me a lot of things.
Excellent training and supportive management regarding the position
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Loveland, COApril 21, 2012
Management is supportive of their employees. When a call is difficult they are more than helpful with diffusing the situation. Co-worrkers help each other.
All call center all the time
onboarding (Current Employee), loveland, coApril 17, 2012
Pros: benefits, better than no job, decent products (most anyway)
Cons: focus on call stats, not results. hiring managers bases on buddy system, not leaders
meh. good core product, marginal others. call center attitude, not sales professional attitude. management mis-hires left and right - friends and buddys of those interviewing get the job over those with good performance and experience. ok job for those in a pinch.

About Constant Contact

Constant Contact makes sure businesses never lose touch with their most important customers. The company provides small businesses – Read more