Constar

Constar Employee Reviews

Producative workplace, hands on
BOTTLE INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
It was a good job, teach you invertory, stocking, quality control.
After twenty years of employment, the corporate office decided to upgrade the H/R position to a degreed, management position.
Human Resources Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2014
Pros: working with all of the wonderful staff in the orlando facility.
Cons: losing my position after twenty years of service.
Typical day included: testing applicants, submitting requests for complete background screenings (criminal, education, previous work history, motor vehicle reports) entered all new hires, rehires, transfers, terminations and other employee information into the HRIS system and conducted orientations and meetings to describe benefits to employees, enrolled employees in the insurance plans (medical, dental, life and AD&D) maintained personnel files, processed workers compensation claims and was the liaison between medical providers, injured employee and company, processed payroll for hourly employees, created reports, i.e. Payroll, OSHA log, EEOC, etc.
stressfull work place
Process Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
no longer in business in Orlando, Florida. Management was not good at all. Co workers selfish.
Purchasing Administrator (Former Employee), Hebron, OHMay 23, 2014
Pros: some reps would bring in donuts.
Cons: constar filled for chapter 11 three times
I created purchase orders for parts and production supplies. received the items i ordered and put parts back to inventory. i shipped out everything going out except finished product. made town runs to local suppliers and had use of a purchasing card Amex. I was at Constar for almost 30 years and every one there was my friend production workers to upper management.the hardest part of the job was when parts or supplies had to be brought in on same day delivery because a machine was down. I enjoyed working with my suppliers many of them became friends and i felt they would do all they could for me.
Very strctured
Production Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 8, 2014
Pros: good work good team
Cons: plant had to shut down due to economy
Plant closed in 2010 but while it was open it was a very good work environment
Fast pace, self managed position
Corporate Planning Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Great place to work. Great team environment. As long as you get the job done, no micromanagement.
A nice place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), MDAugust 7, 2013
Pros: nice people..close to home...
Everyone made Constar a nice place to work...The co-workers were very helpful and understanding...I learned many different things there management was great..the hardest part of the job was making decisions of whether to hold a product or release the product..the most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with my co-workers..
Fast-paced workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2013
Performed hourly inspections on production, samples batch and performed pressure test on finish good.
Paid close attention to details to avoid rejections.
the benefits where great, not very good job security,
OMS Operator (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDJune 4, 2013
Cons: short breaks and lunch
very long 12 hour shifts, standing on your feet that long is crazy,
a lot of over time
Appreciated the employee involvement team structure and the opportunity of advancement within the company.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 1, 2013
It was a great experience working for this company; I learned various jobs, advanced to higher positions of greater responsibilities and worked with a great group of people.
Productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Typical day at work consisted of showing up, checking workers log, do quality check and then run machine while doin quality checks throughout the day. I enjoyed this job very much as well as the co-workers and management. Everyone got along great and helped out each other when needed. Also a very good workout when i worked the palletizer.
Productive and fun place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 25, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Typical day at work is, arrive, set up machine, get orders for the day, and produce as much as you can. I enjoyed this job simply because you had a quota and could exceed it if you wanted. Quality assurace plays a big part in this company and i like being part of the best. Gives you a sense a pride in your work. Co-workers were great and managment always made your time and effort worth being there.
Did enjoy my work and the customers and co-workers we came in contact with.
Prod Planner/cust serv rep (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: customer contact was great, communication with inter company great - learned a lot through the years.
Cons: uncertainty of workplace at all times.
Through the years learned a lot about the industry and enjoyed all facets of it. Last couple of years were rough due to new owners and the uncertainty of the workplace.
I enjoyed all the people I worked with.
Pros: unfortunately, there truly were not many.
Cons: employee treatment, uncertainty of workplace.
Years ago company used to be a pleasure to work at - past two years management and employee relations did not go well. New owners came in and changed entire environment. Co-workers were pleasant.
Night shift machine operator
Machine Operator - Reheat & Blow Molding (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: great staff and excellent benefits.
Cons: long nights and forced overtime with no concerns of the staff members family situations.
A typical day at work would consist of a fast paced environment that consisted of a 12 hour work day. We made plastic bottles for various companies with pepsi, coke and arizona ice tea. My co-workers were great to work with and have the knowledge they have for the job passed on to the younger staff members.
Productive but fun work environment.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Havre de Grace, MDDecember 19, 2012
Installing the job that was assigned for that day. Management was fun but serious about the job getting done. Co workers were enjoyable to work with.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee), MDNovember 27, 2012
Pros: sometimes free lunches
Cons: point, short breaks
Day at work-different,sometimes easy.sometimes hard.I'm learned work to all machines .I'm to be fond of job in Constar.
Very productive environment.
Quality Assurance Technician/Lab Technician (Former Employee), Jackson, MSNovember 4, 2012
I have learned a lot from this company and I appreciated the training and opportunities that were available.
Overall my 35 years at Constar were very Good!From 17 years on productiion floor to my accounting job
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2012
Pros: great health care
Cons: elimatination of many jobs, including mine
the most enjoyable part of my jobs were my many great co workers.
The hardest part of my accountin job was month end payables and accruals
High stress environnment, poor upper management, recently came out of chapter 11
Sidel Production Manager (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDMarch 26, 2012
Pros: pay was good
Cons: lot of rework, lot of stress, 12 hour shifts and work weekends
I thought the work environment to be very stressful. I found few employees that liked working there. No team work. Lots of scrap and rework of product