Constellation Energy Employee Reviews

Seems to be Good
Site Safety and Health Officer (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 16, 2017
Seems to be a good company to work for, however I have only been with them for a few months. The pay, time off and benefits are great. All the management that I have dealt with are great.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great atmospheric conditions for entry level positions
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 11, 2017
We dealt in Company stocks management for current & previous employees, board members & owners and this was the primary focal point. It is challenging in the inception, however quickly became monotonous and against my career goals.
Pros
Financial knowledge builder
Cons
Monotony leads to Stagnancy
Productive Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at work is very energetic, morning routines to get you motivated. I learned how to have a positive mindset and confidence to make sales. The hardest part of the job is sometimes communicating with people who don't understand what you're campaigning for. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling because you get a feel of what it's like to live in other places.
Pros
You're in control of your own paycheck.
Cons
Long hours, 9am-11pm
productive,fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 22, 2017
great employees your provided with excellent fun on the job training. Like I said you get to travel very often and see and meet people from different places.
Pros
travel
Cons
hard long hours
Very full workload, enjoyed what I did.
Receivables Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2017
I was originally with StarTex Power who was acquired by Constellation. I went through several managers before I was laid off in June of 2016.

I was responsible for a portfolio consisted of our north eastern customers. I called and collected payments, placed customers on payment plans (if necessary) and reconciled accounts. I loved what I did there in my department. I also contacted utilities if it was a UDC (Utility Distribution Companies) customer since the utilities paid on the customers behalf. I only contacted them if a payment was missing on the customer's account.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 6, 2017
Use an automated dialer to contact households to lower household utilities
Maintain a 50% sale to call ratio
Follow up with prospective customers
maintain a specific sale ratio
Company has been sold to Exelon
Auxiliary Operator (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NY 13126February 27, 2017
Work hours= 12 rotating shift schedule, constant learning opportunities in a 1200 mega watt nuclear BWR. 10-12 person shift creates great teamwork and challenges simultaneously.
not easy
Door to door whole sale rep (Former Employee) –  Worcester County, MAFebruary 18, 2017
they hire any one and everyone they meet. it is hard to get the sales and if you dont the weekly sales you are fired. they barely help, and the places you go turn you away quickly.
Company at the time was undergoing major changes
Director, Receivables Management (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2017
Company was undergoing major changes when I left. Constantly up for sale meant focus was not on day to day operations. Little understanding of how risk management affected customer base.
Good benefits /work life balance
Project Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2017
Exelon provides employees with alot of training and offer development opportunities. Work lif balance is good hereand the benefits are excellent.
Pros
flexible hours
Good company
SR. QA & TRAINING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJanuary 12, 2017
Good company to work for. Has a lot of opportunities for growth once you are a permanent employee. The work gets repetitive however it is not hard to do.
Merged/Taken over by Exelon
Analyst 2-appl Development Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2016
It was a great place to work at, just wish the merger with Exelon had not occurred. I worked there for almost 43 years, and will miss a lot of my co-workers.
4 years - some good some bad
Sr. Buyer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2016
Working at Constellation was a lot of fun until the stock market crash. After that, entire culture shifted (as it did with many other companies) and it never recovered. Morale was at an all time low in 2011 which is why I chose to move to AECOM/URS.
Pros
I met a lot of good people and learned a great deal regarding business interactions and procurement
Cons
Low morale, high employee turn over.
Productive to an extent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 11, 2016
Provide door to door sales support to customers in various energy supplier areas in order to lower their electric and gas rates.
Constellation Energy
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 1, 2016
An alright job to have if baring the elements to bring home the bacon is your forte. You do have opportunity travel as well as meet a diverse group of people. The only downfall of the company is: the limited room for advancement, commission based pay, and the inability to do other work outside of the job.
It was a great learning experience
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2016
- The typical work day was filled with laughter from meeting new people and socializing with them

- I learned how to not be nervous, it showed how to come out my shell

- It was pretty well managed i had no problems with pay and experienced no difficulties

- My co-workers was very well rounded

- The hardest part of my job was dealing with absurd consumers

- The most enjoyable put of the job was achieving what i came to work to do, which was selling electricity
Waukesha Office Great Work/Life Balance
Volume Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waukesha WIApril 25, 2016
Constellation New Energy was an Excellent work experience. Work hours and expectations were very reasonable, and realized that there was a life outside of work. I learned the Transportation Natural Gas business. Good co-workers, management communicated well on most subjects. Benefits were generous.
Family Oriented
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I worked here for a number of years and the people were great. Very family oriented. You will learn a lot about the check processing industry, card services along with new and exciting products.
Good work environment
Transmission Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2016
Good work environment, 9-5 learnt many things in the internship, Supportive co-workers. Good compensations.Good managemnet
Constellation Energy
Senior Accountant-Upstream (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
Very small accounting group. Very laid back office. Good experience for financial accounting and monthly close process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Constellation Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval