Construcs is an early stage funded SaaS startup that will change the way the design and construction industry finds, organizes and shares information. We enable architects, designers, engineers and contractors to create without having to re-create. In 2010 in the US alone, design and construction was a $750Bn industry, composed mostly of small companies and ripe for change through web and mobile. We’re still small enough for you to get in on the ground floor make a big impact during our start-up phase.
Construcs founders are seasoned professionals with both Internet technology and construction related expertise. Construcs early Founding Customers and investors include leading Architecture, Engineering and Construction companies.
We develop in leading-edge technologies: HTML5(only modern browsers), mobile, off-line web applications, cloud computing, Ruby on Rails. We believe in agile development, and have been releasing regularly since early 2012. Our software stack is HTML5, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, nginx, node.js, Ruby on Rails, Juggernaut, Redis, MySQL, Solr/Lucene. Our deployment environment is Amazon S3 and EC2 with Linux virtual machines.
What you will do
- Build and own the UI of our software applications.
- Hard-core web UI coding and design.
- Work closely with our CTO and the rest of the development team.
This position will give you a lot of freedom to design and code to your own high standard, and to grow your career as we take off.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a smart adaptable engineer to join our small, but talented, team. We care more about the right team fit, passion for our mission, and desire to code, than a particular number of years of experience. So, if you meet the following, please apply.
- Extensive web application development experience. Angular.js, Underscore.js, Sass, Haml, CoffeeScript, Ruby On Rails would all be pluses.
- Strong UI design and development skills.
- Experience of building and supporting responsive, high-quality web applications with open source technologies.
- Full software life-cycle development – from design through testing in an agile, test-focused environment.
- Good at solving problems and thinking creatively.
You are excited by mobile and cloud computing, look forward learning new skills, and are not afraid to take ownership of projects.
You are turned on by the idea of working for a start-up – getting in on the ground floor, wearing multiple hats, and diving in to do whatever is needed.
We offer competitive salary, stock, benefits, free soft drinks and snacks and most importantly, a place to make an impact. We're also easy to get to in San Francisco in an ‘A’ location: a short walk from the Muni, Bart, and Caltrain.