AutoCAD/Autodesk Inventor Design Engineer – Fabricator of Metal Composite Panels
Position: AutoCAD/Autodesk Inventor Design Engineer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Reports to: Engineering Manager
One of the leading national fabricators and regional installers of metal composite materials is seeking an experienced design engineer with skills in Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD & 3D design to add to their team.
The company designs, fabricates, and installs several standard ACM panel systems for the exterior walls of commercial, institutional, and industrial building projects, architectural façade products such as skylights, column covers, sunshades, rainscreens, ornamental, break metal shapes, flashing, trim, fascia, soffit, gutters and coping. The company also has the ability to design and fabricate custom systems to meet unique building applications. The company has been in business for over 30 years with a solid reputation for quality of work.
- Candidate will be proficient in working with Autodesk Inventor and 3D AutoCAD.
- Candidate must be able to read and interpret Architectural drawings to design complex approval drawings.
- Candidate may be required to travel to jobsites to undertake field measurements of the existing substrate and incorporate data into contract documents.
- Candidate will be responsible for the creation of fabrication drawings based upon approval drawings.
- Candidate will work closely with Project Managers and Project Engineers to analyze and solve design issues.
- Candidate will be responsible for developing requests for information used by Project Managers to obtain information from General Contractors.
- Candidate must be able to work as a team member to complete all engineering tasks including plotting drawings and maintaining the plotting logs.
- Candidate will be responsible for maintaining multiple projects at a time and keep up with them as they progress from initiation to completion.
- Candidate must be able to take field information obtained from coordinate measuring devices, transfer information into AutoCAD, and compare field information to approval drawings and make modifications as needed.
- 8 years of progressive AutoCAD experience in the architectural aluminum/glass & glazing industry.
- A working knowledge and experience in using Autodesk Inventor.
- Experience preferably in architectural aluminum, metal fabrication and (or) curtain wall design.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to locate information, read, and understand construction contract documents.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with customers, employees and management.
- Proven experience in handling multiple projects successfully.
Bachelor degree not required but highly preferred in Engineering or Construction Management.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, talk and hear. Hand and eye coordination is necessary to operate computer and various office equipment. The position will require on-site field dimensioning on assigned projects
Indeed - 17 months ago