Consulate Health Care

Consulate Health Care Employee Reviews

horrible corporate management
director of clinical services (Former Employee), mdJuly 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: to many to mention
My experience with this company caused me to leave the profession that I love. Over the years I watched a building afrer being purchased by Consulate loose its beloved community reputation. Every day there were changes either in the supply budgets or the staffing budgets. I took these challenges and met their goals but the problem was if you net the goals then they would dectease them further to the point that the only outcome was failure to provide good care. The corporate people should be ashamed of what they have done. These are human lives that we dealt with every day but corporate folks werent interested in treating them that way and will answer to their maker one day for these decisions.
For anyone thinking of applying at this company, please consider this. If you are willing to lower your values to the point where you dehumanize people thrn please apply. If not, then look at other companies who treat humans with dignity. It is not worth the guilt you feel at the end of the day.
Budget Challenged
Director of Admissions (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Grateful to work with a few nusrsing staff members who delivered quality care
Cons: High turnover and unrealistic short term expectations placed on director positions
Minimally insufficient training and high turnover rate with key director positions. Prior to employment the facility had not acquired budget in 3 consecutive months, unsupportive short term unrealistic expectations divided upper level management and discouraged solid performance. Was not impressed with the cleanliness of the facility or the patient care that was being delivered.
Perfer not to comment
Executive Director (Current Employee), Orange Park, FLJuly 3, 2015
Typical work. Enjoy all the co-worker, well quailfied professionals
Long days
Enjoyed the opportunity to help others
They need a lot of work
Fenton Health Care (Former Employee), Fenton, MIJune 30, 2015
Pros: Good Pay.
Cons: Tiny nurses station nowhere to chart. High patient:nurse and Patient:cna ratios, frequent mandation to stay a second shift to cover call-ins
The staff I worked with were truly great people trying to do a good job.
Efforts to provide quality nursing care are hindered by high Patient to Nurse ratio. 23 to 30 patients to 1 nurse on day shift and evenings night shift is 55 to 60 patients to 1 nurse.
High Patient to CNA ratio as well so patients do not receive the care they deserve.
Typical day: come in at 7 am take report and count narcotics
Make CNA assignments
Make list for Vital signs, showers
Perform Accu-checks on all diabetic residents before meals
Send patients to appointments and receive them back take off any new MD orders and implement those orders. fax orders to pharmacy
Pass medications as ordered to residents.
take 30 minute lunch if possible depending on resident needs and acuity.
Do second med pass.
take off any more orders that come in fax orders to pharmacy
start day's charting
give report to oncoming nurse and do narcotic count.
go find quiet area finish charting and hopefully go home by 4:30 or 5:00
DINING SERVICE
Dining Services (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLJune 20, 2015
•Serve meal items according to menu’s provided using correct portion control utensils.
•Prepare meal carts according to lists provided.
•Set trays, call tickets, serve or pull carts to correct area.
•Remove food carts from dining rooms, etc. and transport to washing area.
•Dispose of garbage and trash to keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous items.
•Report disrepair of kitchen and dietary appliances, equipment, etc. immediately to supervisor.
•Reset stations, juice carts to be ready for next meal.
•Must be knowledgeable in sanitation, temperature logs and reading menu’s.
Only for beginners
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), New Port Richey, FLJune 17, 2015
Ok for starting out as a new CNA not worth investing your life into, No sense of authority and lack common sense in regards to showing any sense of prioritizing.
we worked together as a team on my shift
Skilled Care Charge Nurse R.N (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Nice staff and patients
Cons: Told by upper management to save money.
The staff are nice to each other. It was a good company but we just didnt have supplies. The incontinence briefs were scarce. Wr were told to let the patients go without a brief at night. The patients were to be left with only a hospital gown at night ad a bed pad. The CNA's did the best that they couldto keep the patients stocked. Hiding diapers between the mattresses and behind the dresser is not my idea of good patient care. I don't fault the Aides they were trying to keep supplies avalible for use. One had to go to the stockroom staff to get supplies.
Move your loved ones...
Nurse (Former Employee), Largo, FloridaJune 5, 2015
Pros: Not so much
Cons: Pretty much everything
There are some very good nurses who are just chomping at the bit to get out of this place...there are a handful of CNA`S that are excellent, the rest of them are incompetent and extremley inconsiderate. Poor management starts at the top with the Administrator (if you can call him that).
Ive seen excellent nurses come in and after working a shift or two never return, same holds true for the better aides. I usually do not walk away from a job, and have tried my hardest to hang in there, but several issues...staff, lack of adequate staffing, inadequate care being given, neglect...not to mention the state has been in that building at least 5 times in the months I've been employed there, should send red flags up to anyone wanting to work there or have a family member there.
Terrible place to work
LPN (Current Employee), St. Louis, MiJune 5, 2015
Pros: Staff pulls together to work as a team when short staffed
Cons: No holiday pay, bad benefits, poor management, never enough supplies to get the job done (they've literally ran out of gloves!) Management is rude, inconsiderate, Very unprofessional, lots of behaviors
They are short staffed on cna's & nurses, management is disrespectful and talk down to employees, insurance benefits are the same McDonalds & don't cover your spouce. They don't have supplies to coverthe needs of the residents, the cnas have had to wash & reuse gloves because they ran out & 3 packages were purchased from Walmart of the Mr clean gloves & staff was expected to use less to get through. Corners are cut when pt care is given, there is absolutely no improvement in the building you will never advance. Lots of favorites with staffing where certain people can pick & choose hours where they work & if they complete their work. Lots of older nurses & staff (nurses) are friendly cnas are lazy & the facility is pure chaos. The more you do for them the more they expect with no reward or thanks. 70+hours a week & its not enough. The residents are very sweet & make the facility the reason people keep working there. The only time everyone helps is when state walks through the door & be prepared to get wrote up even if your doctor takes you off work! No holiday pay either. I would NOT recommend working there or taking anyone to live there!
This has got to be the most screwed up company I have ever worked for beginning at the Corporate Level
LPN (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 26, 2015
Pros: I wish I could think of some
Cons: Horrible work environment, the more worthless the employee the better they like them
This company cares about nothing but money, they provide the cheapest lowest amount of products needed to care for the residents. They care nothing about their staff what's so ever. The more you give the more they expect. They changed work schedules with the employee's in mind. It is really a shame that the residents have to be in a facility run by such poor management.
I love the residents and staff
Manager (Current Employee), Winchester, VAMay 17, 2015
Pros: co-workers and company support
I am so blessed to work here. We have a great team that is compassionate and hard working. It is a busy day so it flies by quickly. It is great to have a company that wants to see you be successful and helps you make that happen. Everyone is very friendly and I am proud of what we can accomplish together as a team.
LOVE older people
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Short work shift
Enjoyed putting a smile on people faces, for example playing cards and having dinner with them. My co-workers where great, ever one got along. The hardest part of my day was saying good bye to the elderly until my next shift.
Horrible company to work for
Nursing (Former Employee), Floyd vaMay 7, 2015
Pros: Nursing staff
Cons: Management, old, stinky run down facility
I enjoyed the nurses and cnas I worked with but management are lazy pigs. If you want to have any kind of home life don't plan on it. They will expect you to stay and work someone else's shift all the time. They don't care if you have a life to live outside of that place. The benefits are ridiculous . The only good thing was they paid cnas well because they couldn't get them to stay so they offer more on the hour and huge sign on bonus . I could go on and on about how horrible they treat the employees but more importantly it's how horrible they treat the residents. It's sad really. Now I have moved on to a better facility I just feel really sorry for the residents that are there .
low pay bad management
lpn (Former Employee), North royalton, ohioApril 27, 2015
Pay is horrible no respect for employees management is horrible staff doesn't care about resident management only cares about looks and numbers not about patient care.
EXCELLENT
PLANT OPERATIONS DIRECTOR CONSULATE HEALTH CARE (Former Employee), Brooksville, FLApril 15, 2015
The people here are awesome or I should say used to be. I left before the merger with CHS when Bay Front was a stand alone and it was awesome. CEO WAS AWESOME!
WORST Place ever to work!!
Not a very good one (Former Employee), Consulate Health, Pensacola, FLApril 11, 2015
Pros: Nothing at all
Cons: Not enough time to list everything.
Staff is very rude and lazy. As for management, words can not describe how awful!!! I feel sorry for the residents. The place is very dirty. They need new management for sure.
Worst regional nurse EVER
Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KyApril 4, 2015
Pros: No
Cons: Many
Excessive turn over in nursing mgmt due to lack of training and respect from the corp regional nurse. Stay away, stay far away.
Clean environment, very decorative.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: assisting the elderly on a daily basis.
Cons: losing patients to sickness/illness
Typical work day included; giving baths, feeding, and assisting all elderly with ADL care. Management was professional at all times. Co workers all worked together as a team at a very confident and professional level. the hardest part of the job was losing a resident to an illness or sickness. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the elderly and making them as comfortable and happy as possible.
challenging work place
Assistant director of clinical services (Current Employee), maumeeMarch 2, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: staffing
recently lots of management turn over. has done well in recent survey and would be a fair place to work if staffed better. most co workers are great.
This is NOT a place you want to be employed !
Charge Nurse in Sub-acute and long term facility (Former Employee), Brandon, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: if you really don't feel like working too much this is the place to be
Cons: work off clock, residents can be treated badley, and not resolving of these issues, no supplies and the list goes on
This facility is so poorly run by managment. Do not care about residents well-being. They only care about their profit,not enough supplies,the food is absolutly horrific. They allow their workers,to be on the phone, to watch videos (ON THEIR PHONES) while employees are NOT on break. Cases of abuse that go unresolved. This is NOT a company you wqant to work for. Encouraged to work "off clock". Used to a be a great company many years aho,however has "hit rock-bttom" Stay away !!!!!

1 2 3 4 5