Consulate Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Needs ALOT of work!!
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2016
It was a stepping stone to place me where I needed to be. I've departed and there is no turning back. Unless your executive sitting in an office making mega bucks you'll be satisfied however no consideration for overall staff given. Unrealistic views and lack of morale. Everyone is dropping like flies but can you blame them?!
Pros
Some of the people/colleagues
Cons
The leadership, benefits, PTO lack there of, overall ability for growth
HCSG is the Ghetto of all Health Care Management Comapnies
Just another hard working team member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 26, 2015
HCSG (Health Care Services Group) is the worst nursing home company I've worked for... when they took over Consulate they cut wages of good hard working people- people that had been working there for more than 5 years got burned by this company when they took over, the quality of food went down! They hire just about anyone and so therefore you get what you pay for! When you cut corners you sacrifice quality workers.

This company does not offer good medical insurance for their staff, and they do not give raises at all not even to managers, the only people that see good compensation is in the upper upper management levels- the employee turn over is huge.

Need I say more? I think not!!
Pros
Cons
everything that carries the name HCSG!
Proceed with caution
LPN (Former Employee) –  Windsor, VAJanuary 21, 2016
During my short stay i found that this is a struggling facility, but with the right leadership, it probably could be a decent place to work. There are too many indians and not enough chiefs, every department except house keeping give there unsolicited input in nursing!!! The work load on the LTC unit is astronomical and very little help from UM because they are in meetings and off the floor all day!!!! Proceed with caution!!!
Pros
great residents
Cons
not enough coverage, not enough supplies for staff to use on residents, horrible benefits, horrible corporate support, the disorganization of the facility is overwhelming
Work place with no benefits
Nurse (Current Employee) –  south ohioNovember 6, 2015
The Company itself can improve the work experience for the front line staff. First, the pro's- management and education is wonderful, my coworkers are exceptional. This makes the difference in making life for our residents an exceptional family oriented environment. The Con's- as employees, you get no holiday pay--none, you spend the time away from your children and family to work with no holiday pay what so ever. We hardly get any weekends off where we work, no pay increases, no bonuses, and the lowest pay in our region. Why do I stay, the convenience of work. But I am looking for better employment with some benefits. The insurance is terrible, pays for nothing....and I mean nothing but they have no problem taking it from my check when I opt out of it. Why can't this company treat there employees better. If this is how they treat there employees....what does this say for there quality of patient/resident care. Come on guys....you can do better.
Stay away!!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, LAFebruary 28, 2016
Terrible management. Constant staff turnover. Poor leadership.
Nursing management has changed organization of nursing schedule 3 times this year. No help provided to floor nurses from nursing management.
Pros
Wonderful residents.
Cons
No benefits. Not enough staff.
stay away
business office (Former Employee) –  west palm beacchDecember 21, 2015
over worked tired poor benefits poor management bad pay. this company pays its hardest working employees the least. You have at least three manager above you making demands and deadlines. on top of your already regular duties. on top of that this is a health care company which Provides health care however offers its employees mediocre health plans at expectorant rate. the company knowingly there employees will not be able to afford.
Great working environment, Amazing staff to work with
CNA (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VAMarch 1, 2016
Consulate Health Care of Woodstock has an amazing team of CNA's and Nurses. The provide a clean working environment. The benefits and pay are great. The best part of the day is watching the residents improve in there rehabilitation and helping them with there ADL's.
Administration and Management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 8, 2016
It was a continuous lack of staffing. The pay and benefits were awful!!! Lack of care for employees and patients. Administration and Management consistently changed. Terrible work environment!!
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay, benefits, and administration
No training, management terrible
lpn (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLNovember 30, 2015
I worked for coral trace and was not given any training. I was completely lost and did not know the systems they use. When I asked management to give me some kind of orientation I was told no. I quit after two weeks for a job with better pay and real benefits. The staff is very unfriendly. It was a horrible work environment.
Pros
Cons
Terrible benefits, no training, unfriendly staff
Good team work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAJanuary 27, 2016
Good team work. I enjoy meeting new people and providing individualized patient care. Staff have terrible benefits and pay. It seems bonuses are given to management only.
On e agood place but no longer.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee flOctober 6, 2015
When I first started it was a nice place to work. Management really cared and provided a good work environment ent then consulate took over and started buyi g all the nursing homes in the area and then it went down. We never had enough supplies or staff. We had to fight hard and almost strike to get a 2% raise and our healthcare taken away so we could get Obama care.
Pros
Some co workers and nurses are very nice
Cons
Low starting pay, no health insurance, few supplies
One of the worst companies to work for
Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Ishpeming, MIFebruary 1, 2016
Worked for a Consulate Healthcare facility for 2 years, went on Vacation for 3 days and on the 1st day of vacation was called and fired over the phone. Overall culture is very poor, its a top down management style. Leadership from the top is not there, will throw employees under the bus if they have too. Would not recommend this company to anyone looking for a job, you can find better at one of the other nursing home companies like Manorcare, Golden Living or a private one. This company goes through Administrators like they are a drink of water. Stay far, far away if you can.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poorly managed from the top down
Hard Balance
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLNovember 11, 2015
Did not enjoy working for this company. Very poor benefits. Management was terrible at the time of employment. The staff was great on most days. We usually worked as a team when everyone got along. Still keep in contact with a few people but i wouldnt go back there!
They treat their employees like garbage
LPN (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLMarch 27, 2016
I worked at consulate for a month and let me tell you they have no appreciation for employees. The place is crawling with roaches. I would not eat anything from that place. They have meetings just to tell the employees how bad of a job they are doing. They never say good job or pat you on the back. If you are in the office you know it's just for trouble. They want you to be on board about helping them actually improve the place and passing a state inspection. However they do not have any how to boost employee moral through appreciation. This is Consulate Countryside in Palm Harbor FL
Pros
co workers are awesome
Cons
management misses the mark. they treat you like you are just a number
"Profits before People" should be their #1 core value in the employee handbook!
DCS (Former Employee) –  Boonsboro, MDFebruary 4, 2016
I wondered why the salary was decent. 95k for a Director of Clinical Services (aka DON) and a sign on bonus (that no one ever gets).
Every day was a mixture of performing functions that an Administrator should have been doing (state reportables, running meetings, staffing agency contracts, pleading with HR to do her job correctly and not waste my time), or being constantly interrupted by regional corporate people who sat around and socialized most of the day while barking demands, dealing with a consultant who was "trying to help" but was really just there because she was a friend of the new national corporate CNO.
I guess the red flag should have went up when the Administrator who hired me resigned before I started in the position. They replaced her with an interim who held no power at all, was "just a license in the wall".
Meanwhile the building is in special focus status with the state and the recent plan of correction was rejected, which also put another duty on the DCS plate; to revise and submit a new one. This was all taken in stride until within 9 weeks of employment I was mandated to work the floor over and over again, until at one point I worked over 150 hours in a pay period. Double shifts, no opportunity to complete any necessary nursing director duties...
The profession of nursing is belittled and holds no empowerment to maintain resident safety in the building. Any nurse working in a management position for Consulate will likely end up with a harm tag on their license. Never, ever enough staff and no empowerment to hire up. The quote "HR Manager"
  more... is really a high school diploma educated payroll clerk that is given carte blanche to make decisions for the building and involve herself in issues that she is incompetent and unskilled to perform (because... really s/he is a business office coordinator w a high school ed)
The company doesn't pay their bills so whatever vendor services are in place (and clinically or building maintenance based) will never respond or provide what is needed because of the constant corporate unpaid invoices. The Regional (RVPO's) are sloppy and apathetic which is why they were always changing. In 10 weeks, every single corporate person either switched regions or quit.
Worst place I've ever worked in 20+ years in the profession. PROFIT BEFORE ALL PEOPLE. All people, residents, Staff, nursing care, vendors, everyone.
Pros
None really
Cons
DON works floor, PPD way under national, short staffed, no empowerment of licensed educated staff
worst place I have ever worked
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Management cracks the whip, either their way or the highway, you have no say so in anything. No supplies, I had to bring my own apple sauce, kitchen acts like they are doing a favor if you ask something for the residents. Understaffed, not safe for patients and for employees. No protection for employees even if a resident is violent.
Impossible to do workload
Place is full of roaches, they are in the food and in the refrigerator and even in the residents beds
Rules are either posted or not and you still are obligated to know it
No paid holidays, insurance sucks and I could go on.
The only good things are the residents and some coworkers who are also suffering.
Bottom line: money. Diapers rationed everything is rationed, even the copy paper.
Pros
residents coworkers
Cons
everything else
Consulate Health Care
Social Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 16, 2015
I have learned many things while working at Consulate Health Care. I worked with amazing people in a positive work environment. I enjoyed learning about mental health and how to handle different types of situations that happen when on a daily basis.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
The benefits
Good place to learn about complex Healthcare industry.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2015
Good place to learn about complex Healthcare industry. One can gain lot of experience by working at Consulate Health Care.
Pros
Learning new things everyday
Benefits
fun experence
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 23, 2015
I love working here will and ready to return at any giving time, great coworker good team player, great management and great benefits. Love it.
The WORST company to work for
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIApril 22, 2016
Whitehall of Novi is the worst location to work for!! I advise not to consider this location. Lack of training, no team work, high call offs (especially CNA), patient nurse ratio is extremely high (as a nurse your patient load is extremely high), lack of leadership and team manager support. Whitehall of Novi will throw you out the wolves way before your ready and will write you up for every single mistake you make, your frustration and the lack of support will cause such anxiety and you will either quit or they will either fire you and don't even file for unemployment because they will fight you on that. "Don't do it" keep searching! It is not worth it.
Pros
Cons
No raises, no leadership, high turn overs, high patient nurse ratio, no paid holidays or time in a half for paid holidays, benefits are terrible and very expensive (read review)

2.5