CONSULATE HEALTH CARE

CONSULATE HEALTH CARE Employer Reviews

Productive, and fun to work at.
Activities Assistant (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 28, 2015
Working as a Activities Assistant at Consulate Health Care gives me great joy. I love interacting with the residents and family.
Production and Fun Workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Winter Haven, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Great company to work for. Management was always helpful in answering any questions and concerns about employment and particular job duties that were needed to be performed to ensure that the residents received the proper care that was needed. The hardest part was when there was a sudden death of a resident.
Unsafe Medical Practices/ False Documentation
LPN (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: interacting with pts
Cons: compensation, benefits, false documentation, unorganized mars
Unfortunately I worked at consulate healthcare of port charlotte. It was my absolute last resort and I have lived to regret the decision! Worked 3rd shift with one other nurse on my wing. 30-35 pts per nurse. Most nights we were understaffed, both nurses and aides. I would be the one to do a split meaning I had half my pts on one side of the facility and another half on the other side! Extremely unsafe, pt status can change within minutes! Pts requiring trach care, peg tube feelings, PICC lines, Recieving IV fluids. There is no way to ensure pt saftey when you're on the other side of the facility. Not having enough supplies to carry out pt treatments. Paper charting that is unorganized, leaving a lot of room for medication errors. False documentation. Nurses aides that are lazy, argumentative. Bed sores due to staff noncompliance with care. Roaches in facility! The list goes on and on! To top it off, benefits are absolutely absurd and compensation is atrocious! If you care anything about pt saftey, treatment, and care or at the very least your nursing license. Stay away from this company!
Worst place I've ever worked. Very sad.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Louisville KyJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: residents
This company is the worst. Upper management does not care about staff. I worked for a facility in Louisville Ky for 2 years. I'm a very positive person and somehow after being employed for a year with company I struggled to keep a positive attitude and struggled to help motivate my team. I along with other staff tried to communicate concerns, but management would not make any efforts to address our concerns. I loved my residents and their families which made it difficult for me to move on. After I finished school I experienced relief that I no longer had to accept poor treatmeant by my administrator, VP, president, and other regional managment. I could go on in more detail about the facility I worked for, but I chose to leave negative experiences and baggage in 2014. May you find the answer you are looking for and best of luck.
poor upper management, no job security
lpn (Former Employee), north royalton ohioJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: bad upper management, low pay
One of the worst company's I have ever worked for. The upper management only cared how the place "looked" not how the residents were treated. They don't care about understaffed overworked employees, and the pay is terrible. Work like crazy through beaks and lunches with no appreciation. All I can say is I hope it gets better real quick...for the residents sake
short staff they. are horrible to work for low pay treat you bad..
cna (Former Employee), ann arbor michiganDecember 31, 2014
Dont work there they treat you bad short staff management dont care about you. State is always in the building.....
HR/Payroll
HR/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 9, 2014
Processed all new hire paper work, including background checks
Filing workers compensation claims OSHA compliance
Processed weekly payroll Maintaining all current employee files and attendance records Manage and perform all orientation courses
Input of all accounts payable invoices
Horrible place to work
Admissions (Former Employee), MiNovember 20, 2014
Pros: co workers but they are so beat down
Cons: everything, worst place to work, very unprofessional
Hostile environment that is micro managed, work 7 days per week without extra compensation taking advantage of salary employees. No pto until you are there 90 days after that pto slowly accrues, 9 days of pto time are given but you also have to use these for holidays. Management is awful to employees, constant berating, hardly any medical no retirement plan. Extremely high expectations without being given the tools to do the job or training, low expectations, very negative culture and environment.
work with them. in Gainesville Florida and they suck, they have nasty attitude
cna (Former Employee), Gainesville FloridaNovember 8, 2014
Pros: there aren't any
Cons: the same
i will never work fot no more the pay sucks the administer didn't care bout th residents the staff when there an problem corporate doesn't care DON'T WORK FOR THEM coming from Gainesville Florida
Last resort
CNA (Former Employee), Winchester, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: pay, benefits, not enough staff, over work employees
I worked there for a couple of months. Needless to say I couldn't take it anymore. Salary is horrible and evening shift is the only shift with $1 differential. No weekend pay. You worked understaffed and sometimes without wipes and enough diapers because they didn't order it.
Nurses will yell at you because you simply asked them a question!!! They have the star system where pretty much if you're a star and someone calls off, you stay for 4 hours. Well, imagine working your weekend with only another CNA for 4halls and then having to stay over??? It's horrible!! And everyone calls off all the time... Rules and policies aren't followed at all. There's no room for growth! Residents that need special diets don't get it. If you need money until you find something better, apply (they'll most likely take you) and you can make an OK money until you find better. Or until you have a nervous breakdown. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!
Hostile and Bully enviroment
floor nurse (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLNovember 3, 2014
Cons: ed, don and they have a new adon that is useless
It was like going back to grade school. Children running the candy store.
WORDS CAN'T DISCRIBE!!!!
NURSE (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FloridaOctober 29, 2014
Pros: they hired me
Cons: crazy, crazy place!!!!!!
I felt so uneasy with bully staff, that has been there for years administration is on a power kick but lacks leadership, the worst house keeping trash always on the floor(contracted), never seen anything like it, run run! and run, why don't the corporate office look at the number of staff that came in for a day and left after the first shift.? Oh I know its all about the MONEY! Worst run company makes me think its another Beverly under a new name which was also a badly ran company. no supplies. employees come work one week, month and leave, crazy crazy place. pay sucks 16-19 if your lucky and scheduling is a hot mess!!!!!. your hired full time, work part time and then you get what the star employees don't wont. my last week Im out of here! New changes are being made, different employees same drama. IM DONE!
I wish I had paid more heed to these reviews...
admissions (Former Employee), PAOctober 29, 2014
Cons: horrible benefits, no chance to learn/grow, have to be perfect
Mgmt says they support you, but in the same breath, won't tell you how you are doing or if there are any issues with your performance and will can you for NO reason.

Benefits are outrageously expensive and are sub par at best, and forget about holidays! You either take them off w/o pay or hope you have enough PTO (paid time off) saved up.

No wonder they keep having significant turnover and low census issues....

Seriously, don't waste your time there.
More like a veterinarian clinic
LPN Nurse (Former Employee), Windsor, VAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: loved the floor staff i worked with.
Cons: everything below
The administrators and DON are terrible. They do not care about the residents or they staff. No benefits. They were not sure how benefits worked if you opt out of health care. DON tried to play doctor too much. She is very rude and unprofessional. No holiday pay. Wanted people to come to work the next day after major surgery. Always a scheduling problem.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY
Admissions (Former Employee), PAOctober 22, 2014
Run away! Do not accept a position with this company. Was forced to work 7 days a week as a salaried employee with zero compensation. Company has no ethical or moral compass...nurses stealing narcotics, rceptionist continues to steal petty cash and staff shows up to work drunk and gets away with it. Corporate staff are demotivating, demoralizing, and know nothing about the local market.
Do not work for consulate
registered nurse (Current Employee), tampa flOctober 14, 2014
Pros: patients, other staff
Cons: pay, management, adminstrator, responisibilties per case load
This is the worst company to work for. They so not care for their employees. They so not pay the correct rate for specific title. Never have supplies. No overtime, no holiday pay. Not enough orientation. Just all around a bad company.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK, LOTS OF FLEXIBILITY AND CONSIDERATE BOSS.
DIETARY AIDE/SERVER (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAOctober 7, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY WAS TO MAKE SURE THE PATIENTS WERE CONFORTABLE AND HAD A PRESENTABLE MEAL.
MY CO-WORKERS GOT ALONG WELL.
I REALLY DID NOT HAVE A HARD DAY AT WORK, BECAUSE THE WORKERS MADE THE DAY EASIER, AND THAT PART WAS
ENJOYABLE.
Extremely challenging.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), West Palm Bch, FLOctober 4, 2014
Pros: excellent patient care.
Cons: no incentives or long term benefits.
A typical day at work is filled with challenges. I haved learnt time management, to be able to work under stressful situations and to display good customer relations despite of the situation, I have great co-workers most of whom are excellent team players. The most enjoyable part of my job are my patients, so grateful, so caring and most of all always puts a smile on my face.
Do not waste your time with this company
LPN (Former Employee), Orange Park,FloridaSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: the patients
Cons: no supplies, no management support, poor wages
This is by far the worst facility I have ever worked for.Where should I begin? This company is a joke.First let's hit on compensation..Far beneath what others are paying.Benefits..more like a savings plan discount than insurance. You pay a lot every month and still pay eighty percent for doctors visits.Now, you are constantly scrambling for basic supplies ie gloves,straws,cups. Staffing is a joke..You may have relief when your shift is up..you may not. The schedule may be right or it may not. If no one relieves you..Tag your it..Guess who has to work another shift. Not to mention workplace drama constantly going on.Do yourself a favour and run for the hills.Its no coincidence they always have an ad running here. This place has an extremely high turnover.They get them in but they never stay.Don't be a statistic.
consulate
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLSeptember 26, 2014
I love getting to prepared to go to work my patients enjoy me as well as I enjoy them.

1 2 3 4 5