Consulate Health Care Employee Reviews

Stay away
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VADecember 12, 2017
Short staffed, poor management, poor benefits. I would not recommend anyone to work here. Nurse to patient ratio is supposed to be 20 to 1 but normally tries to force you to take on 30-40 patients.
Aweful, unclean environment. Very unprofessional
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 11, 2017
I have seen patients given trays with molded fruit on them, stool in the bathroom floor and other unacceptable house keeping. Management did nothing to change this, even when I (the supervisor) complained to the "higher-ups." Staff would often not even bother showing up to work, forcing the previous shift to stay.
Pros
The pay was decent
Cons
No morals or teamwork. Very unclean place of employment
Personally rewarding
Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  Lucasville, OHDecember 11, 2017
Working with the residents was rewarding but the corporate side was not trustworthy. They were constantly expeting more and more and reducing our benefits.
Relax working environment for the Disabled
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 11, 2017
Working at Consulate help me work on my craft hands-on. I learned how to approach certain situations and how to be professional at all times no matter the temperament of the residents. I gain more knowledge of the medical field and perfected my craft. I also gained some friends along the way
Pros
Relax working environment
Cons
Stirct guidelines
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 10, 2017
Enjoyed co-works and residents. Consulate Health Care and Rehabilitation does not pay employees well cant keep staff due to the corporation...........
Horrible Company
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PADecember 9, 2017
Never enough staff, corporate only cares about $$!! Benefits are horrendous, huge deductible would be better off not having any benefits. No raises!! They totally suck the life out of ya. Never have the supplies needed to care for the residents. Absolutely horrible company!!
Pros
There are none
Cons
Some of my co-workers were nice and helpful
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 8, 2017
The CNA's were lazy. Always on facebook or playing games on phone. Management had favorites. Nepotism was a big factor in if advancement was possible. CNA's would leave and not tell anyone. sometimes not enough staff to cover a shift. very bad work environment
fun work enviorment
A/R Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 7, 2017
excellent company to work for- really care about their employees. Always had fun events for the staff- management was good. would go back end of the month billing was intense but that was to be expected
Dedicated and hard working team
Interim Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Fork Union, VADecember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of hard working and dedicated teammates. The workplace culture is supportive by upper management to ensure facility success.
Pros
Workplace culture
Okay
MDS Coordinator/Wound Nurse/ Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 5, 2017
Average and floor staff nice and helpful. Loved the resident. Wish there was most advancement. Love consulate. I lived here for less than five years.

Want to know more about Consulate Health Care?

Ask a question
not a fun place to work need to hire more staff instead of working the good workers to death and pay more
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2017
I had a stroke was asked to come back to work go back but the person that filled in while I was out did a good job so after almost two months they fired me for being late I lived 21 miles away tracffic the is worst crossing the bridge
Pros
not for me
Cons
not fair which is all i want
Nurses never showed up.
RN (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLDecember 4, 2017
The nurses assigned to relieve me never showed up. Also a unit designed for 3 nurses always only had 2. I was constantly stressed or went home in tears many times after 1pm on a 3-11 shift because nurses never showed up for work.
Pros
non
Cons
too many hours
Do NOT go here.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PADecember 3, 2017
Worked you low staffed, too many clicks, they don't go by the rules, management is the worst here. They don't care about you, only care about filling the beds here.
Pros
Cons
7.5 hour work days, not 8.
in summary this company i would recommend
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 30, 2017
this company need more staffing, staff worked short almost all the time. they also locked team work, throughout the time I was working there the company had 3 turn over with nursing as well as office staff.
Pros
the company paid staff wells
Cons
the o ver worked their staff
Awesome work experience
LPN- 120 Bed Facility (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2017
This facility is definitely fast pace and I can honestly say that it launched my nursing career. I learned so much here. I worked with wound vacs, IV therapy, orthopedics and rehabilitation. The staff was friendly and the aids were a pleasure to work with.
Dietary Cook (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLNovember 27, 2017
I would go back there to work anytime. The facility was clean and friendly. It was fast paced in the kitchen but there was a lot of team work between employee. Overall I really enjoyed working for that company.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Fast pace
Business Development/Nurse Liaison (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 26, 2017
Management does not take responsibility for failure. They expect you to produce when things are out of your control. There is no investment in there facilities. .
Productive and reliable place of work.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 25, 2017
A typical day at consulate would be busy and enjoyable. I learned that a positive attitude always the best way to overcome some issues. The best part of the job was having the opportunity to give the best care to the patients..
Pros
teamwork
Competitive to current Market
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 22, 2017
Benefits are decent and overall a stable company in light of all the recent restructuring.
Good culture, competitive salary with regards to industry.
Productive and professional workplace
Admissions Coordinator Liaison (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Consulate Healthcare. The staff was professional and very compassionate to the residents. I learned about the admission process and marketing and sales.
Pros
staff lunches and meeting were very informative, great nurses and adminstrator
Cons
medical benefits were very expensive, high deductibles and copays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consulate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7