Consulate Health Care Employee Reviews

Nice place to work.
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Ridgewood. The people I worked with were great. Management was poor. Facility was nice and you had the tools to complete your job.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
8 hour shifts
Nice work for fair pay. Satisfactory hours
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 18, 2017
Gets easier over time, it's got nice hours and interesting work mates. Supervisors are wonderful and work with your schedule. I haven't worked here long but it's a very nice place to work.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Equipment malfunctions
Co workers
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MIFebruary 18, 2017
Management for my section is ok, I mean they don't really listen to us as people. I learned how to communicate with residents, Some of the co workers are nice but a lot of them liked to gossip.
Cons
No holiday pay.
decent pay, awful facility
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I don't want to get into too much detail, but I truly was miserable working here. The management is awful, most of the patient care is awful, and the lack of team effort here is astounding.
Great work environment with awesome benefits
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 12, 2017
Great company to work for. There's also chances to transfer from state to state.Great open door policy that allows employees the opportunity to express their concerns.
Pros
Assigned work areas
Cons
Staffing shortages at times
Senior Level Opportunity
Regional Director of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VA 24014February 7, 2017
Provided the opportunity for me to grow and develop as a senior level professional.

Presented the opportunity to work with some rewarding professionals.

The hardest part of my job was sitting on the opposite side of the table exposed to lack of respect Corporate level professionals displayed towards each other.
Pros
Traveling, Development of leadership skills
Cons
Conference calls, Employee Relations, Benefit package
Ok company to work for
NURSE CASE MANAGER AND CLINICAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Good company to work for when getting feet wet in healthcare. It's often said if you can work here, you can work anywhere. Take your experiences and move on.
The Best Pensacola Has to Offer
Social Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 3, 2017
This is the best job ever. The hours when you start can be a little demanding and hard to get use to but you will be well compensated for your time. This job is well worth the drive.
Consulate hc--- run away!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHJanuary 27, 2017
They run short staffed daily. They do not treat their employees well at all. Management plays favorites. Residents not well taken care of because of staff. I wouldn't not recommended working here unless you want to put your license on the line daily.
worse place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MIJanuary 27, 2017
Management are extremely rude and dont care about staff or residents. Treat staff with disrespect and use fowl language when they speak with staff. You never get your breaks and you have to watch your time card because they will deduct 30 minutes for lunch break even if you never took one. The HR doesnt know how to make a schedule so half of it is left blank and people are stuck working 16 hours just about every day. The labor board has been there, state is there atleast once a month. Heard DON say, in front of residents and staff, that she didnt care about what was going on with the residents health but about what corporate was going to do. Also heard the activity director tell a resident she was to fat and demanding so she was no longer allowed to go out for activities, resident started crying and director just walked away. Its a very unprofessional environment. Building smells like urine, they have/had black mold and mice. They cover things up such as resident on residents and then the resident dies and they lie to the state. Staff neglect residents staff report to the state and somehow they lie and cover it up. Half the time the meals are still cold or burnt so bad that residents without teeth cant eat it. The only reason why i worked there as long as i did was because of the residents and some CNA's. Residents are aggressive but can be sweet at times and its at those times that i enjoyed taking care off them. Alot of the CNA's on 2nd and 3rd shift are awesome. Day shift CNA's are extremely rude they think they run the place and whatever they say management seems to back  more... them over any other shift. That's the main reason why i quit. But overall its an aweful place, i dont recommend working there or putting a family member in that home.  less
Pros
Cons
Management, NO BREAKS, mandate 16 hour shifts, pay
Nice place to work, Calm, orderly quiet environment
Licensed Practical Nurse/ Skilled/Rehab (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy working at Consulate Healthcare in Sarasota, Great work environment, Staff help each other, supportive. Queit calm work environment. Patients and residents are treated with respect and kindness. I feel I am paid approprioatly for my level of experience. Best part of the job is the work culture. Hardest part of the job, being a part time prn worker I just don't pick up enough extra shifts. Nuring staff don't tend to take time off, and people don't quit here because it is such a good place to work
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Not enough shifts to pick up
Opportunity for stability and growth in your career
Employee (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2017
Consulate has made very positive changes in the last year and is a great opportunity for stability and growth in your career. They are very centered on employee engagement, even having senior executive team perform a "road show" to gather data from facility personnel on proposed challenges and areas of improvement. Many positive changes have occurred, but Consulate is a large corporation so it's not easy to change overnight. Knowing that new leadership is in place and their goal is constant improvement, it's disappointing to see reviews to the contrary.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, new and improved insurance benefits (which many employers don't provide any longer), growth opportunity
Cons
consistent policies, but improving
Don't do it
Admissions coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springhill FloridaJanuary 18, 2017
I worked for this company at this particular building, I was the admissions coordinator lasted seven months administrator is a beast. The disrespect is incredible. I've been a nurse for 20 years and never worked under somebody Or with somebody that treated me the way I was treated there. When I finally couldn't take it anymore I contacted The corporate people and they did absolutely nothing. The workload and expectations are way too high and unrealistic. If you want to be screened dad interrogated and belittled on a daily basis this is the place for you to work.
Pros
Cons
Overworked underpaid and disrespected on a daily basis
Supportive, Caring, and Engaged Management
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 17, 2017
Consulate Health Care has truly become an excellent place to work. The new senior management team has transformed this company into a place that values positive, supportive and compassionate work environments...and rewards with work life balance opportunities unlike any other. I am so proud to work for this great company.
Pros
Work Life Balance Program, Great Office Environment, Supportive Managers and Teammates
Cons
Healthcare Costs
Worst place to worl
Employee (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 15, 2017
I really enjoy working in the long term care industry and has come across a lot of management companies but Consulate is the worst company I've seen. They don't care about the direct care staff who perform the day to day care. Their staffing hours are unrealistic and expect to hire staff and aren't willing to pay them anything. They did this huge change but failed to fox their issue. They don't pay their nurses nor do they pay their CNAs. The don't give annual wage increases. Provide no resources for their Administrators and DONs. I've never seen a company that doesn't have a true staff development program. Management can't effectively recruit adaquate staff because theirs nothing to offer. Holiday pay sucks thier shift differentials are horrible. It's all about head in the bed but the staffing ratios are unrealistic. AHCA knows their weaknesses that's why their constantly getting complaints and having to pay civil penealities and faced with moretorum. Staff thinks upper level management doesn't care about the floor staff but its because their hands are tied Administrators are overworked DONs have no resources and gets blamed when things don't happen but its corporates fault expect you to work with nothing to work with.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Horrible culture
Growth Opportunity inevitable
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  CorporateJanuary 13, 2017
Growth opportunity at Consulate Health Care is not only encouraged, it's inevitable. The Leadership Teams are seeking new candidates that desire growth.
I've witnessed changes within the company and its been for the positive.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Work Life Balance Program
Cons
Insurance costs
Much Better Place Now
HR (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 13, 2017
Consulate Healthcare has made a dramatic turnaround and has made great strides in making it a greater place to be part of a team. There is now more communication with managers and co-workers helping each other out. It has become more of a family atmosphere and a fun place to work at again. I truly enjoy working for Consulate and would recommend everyone to consider joining our team!!
Pros
Better Benefits
Worst nuring home to work for
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I used to work for harts harbor health care center after my 5 years of working as a nurse I wasn't pleased as to how management wasn't doing there job in caring for there residents they (ms.grant and ms.jones) was to busy in taking numerous of lunch breaks they was definitely a click together anytime patients fell or was badly injured they would come to the nurse to make sure we can cover things up for state i had to leave my residents in fear of losing my license so if anyone reading this that's considering putting their love ones in Hart harbor PLEASE don't do it find somewhere else......
Cons
Dont pay enough, and still your hours
No room for growth, no real leaders down to the DON
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 4, 2017
5 thumbs down. Drama filled facility more focused on the drama then bettering the building . No leaders no morality just all around negative
Pros
hire any body
Cons
pay rate is below scale
If you value your license DONT WORK HERE
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cheswick, PADecember 29, 2016
First of all, let me start by saying that this is a union facility. The pay and benefits are fantastic because of this. However, it isn't worth it. This place is a dump. Mold on the ceilings, hand washing sinks hanging from the wall (because they are broken and falling down), broken equipment, stained curtains, and smells... Smells that even for a nursing home are unheard of. Let me explain to you that at least two people have died here, and it wasn't of natural causes. One fell down three flights of stairs in his wheelchair, and the other hung herself in her wheelchair in the dining room and was strangled to death. Both incidents were hidden and swept under the carpet. Last, the nursing director steals pain meds and so far she has set up four people to try to conceal her theft. Oh, and did I mention they almost shut the place down last year and are on a provisional license? Just don't do it.
Pros
Union, great pay, good benefits, schedule is flexible
Cons
Nursing director is a theif and snake, management is horrible, dirty place, no safety for your professional license, need I go on?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consulate Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4