Our direct client in Foster City, CA is looking for a Sr. SharePoint Engineer for a 3 month contract to start. Please only submit if you can do an onsite interviews in Foster City, CA.
.Net 0+ Yrs.
Bachelors Degree * Yes
SharePoint * 5+ Yrs.
SharePoint 2010 * 3+ Yrs.
Sharepoint 2013 1+ Yrs.
SQL Server 5+ Yrs.
The Collaborative Technologies team is responsible for overseeing the development and management collaboration platforms and the global intranet. The team is made up of engineers, developers, DBAs, and solution analysts who support the SharePoint and intranet platforms. This Sr. SharePoint Systems Engineer would work alongside other SharePoint engineers and technical team members, to design, build, support, and enhance internal facing SharePoint collaboration and web publishing platforms. The right individual will have strong technical knowledge of SharePoint 2010 architecture, engineering, and administration, with some exposure and understanding of SharePoint 2013. This role requires excellent communication skills with a focus on collaboration as well as the ability to work closely with a global team. Successful candidates should also have strong initiative, solid judgment capabilities, and a desire to continually grow their technical knowledge around SharePoint.
- Work with the Collaboration Technologies team to design and build new SharePoint 2010 and 2013 server farms.
- Deploy branded solutions on the SharePoint platforms.
- Serve as second or third level support resource for existing SharePoint platforms.
- Assist with a project to migrate a SharePoint 2010 collaboration farm to SharePoint 2013, including building and testing a new disaster recovery environment.
- Communicate effectively with employees, consultants, and business partners.
- Open, manage, and resolve support incidents with Microsoft and/or other vendors when incidents arise.
- Work on projects to upgrade to Claims and Kerberos authentication for SharePoint 2010 farms.
- Troubleshoot technical incidents with SharePoint environments.
- Assist with maintenance of SharePoint environments through command line tools and powershell, as well as possessing the ability to write powershell scripts.
- Monitor system health and performance.
- Advise employees and developers of governance and policies around SharePoint and the intranet platform.
- Collaborate closely with the SharePoint and intranet technical team, as well as business partners on successful integration of sites and applications.
- Coordinate development and support efforts with the offshore team(s) and manage technical project efforts.
- Able to work effectively as part of a highly collaborative team while independently prioritizing individual daily activities.
- 5-7 years of experience as a SharePoint Engineer with additional experience engineering and supporting web platforms and windows servers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi task and make decisions independently.
- Motivated personality who is able to proactively identify additional ways to add value to a technical team.
Extensive experience with:
SharePoint 2010 (building medium to large farms, configuration, administration, governance, disaster recovery), SharePoint search and/or FAST Search for SharePoint, Kerberos and Claims Authentication, Nintex configuration, Active Directory, Windows server administration, powershell, Service Application configuration, load balancing, web publishing, ULS log viewer.
Additional experience in the following is a plus:
SharePoint 2013 (hands on), Jive, Spigit, mobile application integration, .NET development, SQL Server administration, AvePoint, WebTrends, Metalogix, LiveLink, Documentum, streaming video, performance optimization (including network optimization), Nintex workflows, SEO, SharePoint designer, CSS.
- Experience working with offshore and globally distributed teams a plus.
- Bachelor´s degree is required.