Consulting Employee Reviews in United States

Start up company, had flaws but great learning experience
Recruiting Pro, Sales & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 10, 2016
Helped build a company from the ground up. It was not easy, but it was a great learning experience for me. I was brought in as a silent partner, that role gradually moved into a business development role. Got to learn about the Mortgage Industry and opened the opportunity to work for a big bank.
Pros
Part owner, lots of pride, good learning experience
Cons
Long hours, stress of owning a company
IT Functional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wright-Patterson AFB, OHJune 28, 2016
Very nice work environment, friendly, energetic, and very enjoyable workplace. No matter what people are always willing to work together to accomplish the task at hand. Team work is a well practiced and versed here.
Pros
Flexability, Benefits, People
Great flexibilty
UX/UI and Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 28, 2016
I enjoy consulting because it allows me to work on projects that I choose. There is plenty to fear when working for yourself but when you land a client and complete an awesome project it's all worth it.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
inconsistant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
Providing consulting services which relates to helping companies to grow their business in the federal government market is very rewarding and satisfying. The excitement is when you're responsible for your client's growth.
Highly Recommended
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2016
I love working with them and the owner is really professional. I work on my own time cos I'm only updating and building few websites for his business.
Growing Workplace
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
Nice and efficient company that is constantly growing and providing more job opportunities within the medical field.
Good
Data Processing Architect (Former Employee) –  Hartford County, CTJanuary 15, 2016
It's good when contracts are available, but unfortunately contracts are not always available. It would be fine to have a permanent job.
Pros
They give contracts
Cons
Contracts are not alway available
Challenging workplace with very high turnover rate.
Southwestern Pennsylvania Human Services, Inc. (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PAOctober 6, 2015
A typical work day was always different based upon client crises and challenges.

What you learned: People don't recognize hard work and accomplishments. It seems more convenient to criticize what wasn't completed.

Management: Seemed to have experience in some areas and missing lots of experience in others.

Your co-workers: Wonderful people to work with. Very hard working and dedicated!

The hardest part of job: Management seemed consumed with dollars and cents, sometimes not seeming to understand the importance of clients' basic needs and services.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting the basic needs of clients and celebrating each success with them!
Pros
Affordable Health Benefits for full-time employees.
Cons
Minimal sick leave & vacation day package; no benefits for part-time employees.
Consulting SolutionsI
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 8, 2015
While the days were long and began early, the atmosphere was casual and easy going. I worked for the President of the company who was also the only other person in the office. Part of my job included driving the President to and from work, running errands, driving to and from clients, managing the day to day operations, reorganizing files and inside office, minimum bookkeeping, time management for appointments....the President of this company had recently undergone back surgery and was unable to drive. My days began at 7:30 am and ended anywhere between 8:00-10:00 pm, 5 days a week.

I loved being so involved and helpful so I never found any part of this position difficult.
Pros
Everyday was busy and accomplished.
Cons
Long hours.
Your own boss
Sr. Reservoir Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2015
You set your hours and jobs. The work environment is set by you. Because the income is not constant and you need to find at least some of your own jobs, it is not for the faint of heart.
Flexible
Director of Operations & Project Management (Current Employee) –  Denver, PAAugust 21, 2015
Virtual work hours with flexible job sites
Interesting and challenging work assignments
Empowerment to chose workload
Private Party
Household and Event Management (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 29, 2014
A great learning experience, I was hired for specific duties, none of which came to fruition. Stretching myself out of my comfort zone and into working for this entity, had me longing for a corporate position.

I didn't know day to day if I would be working and oft times I would be on my way when called and told not to come for one reason or another.

Co-workers were wonderful. The entity would terminate randomly which formed an odd camaraderie. I had never quit or been fired from a position, so I was relieved when the entity terminated my position.
Pros
beautiful countryside, great co-workers
Cons
stressful, inconsistent treatment
Working for yourself can be rewarding
Owner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2014
Difficulty to sustain revenue kept this discipline from being the best opportunity ever. The ability to attract investors and a clear purpose is the best way to sustain self-employment and if one does not have the resources to withstand low-revenue periods, this is not for you.
Pros
opportunity to be creative; great networking opportunities
Cons
clear goal setting has to be a strength and communication; can't learn on the "job."
Last Option
PROJECT CONSULTANT, USC (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2014
If you have not other options very high turnover. If you need a job and like to travel this is it. Get in learn and travel as much as you can and get out.
Pros
travel perks and exposure to senior leadership at client companies
Cons
long hours, abusive management, one day off, hotel living
Not to bad, as far as contracting companies go.
Exchange Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKAugust 3, 2012
Decent job placement available. Lower management are pretty decent people. Not very organized, constantly contradicting themselves. Hookie Pay system where they dont pay over time, but give comp time instead.
Pros
fast placement
Cons
tell you one thing, and do another.
Productive and fun experience
Freelance (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 23, 2015
This was a great opportunity to work and gain a good amount of experience on my own. I look forward to working for a firm directly now.
It is really good company
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Ellicot City, MDAugust 12, 2014
The best company I was worked for.
A typical day at work is confidential.
The management is more then good.
Co- workers are good.
The hardest part of the job is confidential.
The most enjoyable part of the job is confidential.
Pros
very good company
Cons
no cons
Being your own boss
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2015
Compensation and creating your own company culture is exceptional here. Little opportunity for advancement and benefits.
Experienced professional with a fun loving touch.
Technical Consultant (Sr. Analyst) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2012
Experienced professional seeking a full time position in a multinational institution which offers a professional working environment while meeting the corporation’s goals.
Marketing Consultant
Senior Executive Marketing Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Metro NY AreaSeptember 13, 2014
Marketing Consultant - working with non-profit organizations to enhance their marketing efforts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2