Consumer Cellular Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 14, 2017
As a supervisor, I oversaw a team of 14 agents and a team support specialist. I managed time the team’s timecards and phone time, ensure they are adhering to their phone time, take supervisor-level calls each day, and meet expectations of metrics. I also had monthly deliverables which include call monitors, live monitors, side by sides, and multiple one-on-one meetings with each agent per month, allowing ample time to coach, develop, and help grow to create value. As a company we also followed a set of important core values.
Pros
Employee luncheons, charity events, great culture
Cons
Your job is not secure. You're just a number.
Stressful
Customer Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 13, 2017
The management and representatives are not fun to be around. Policies are always changing for us negatively. It is fast paced with an everyday high call volume
Not great
CAA (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Worst customer, terrible management, not the best place to work. Some of the people were great dont get me wrong awesome people i learned that they dont give you a second chance.
Great working environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85283September 12, 2017
Most generous benefits package have ever had. Self insured and if single medical is paid by the company. Spacious working environment gives plenty of space to work, so background noise minimal. Great resources to help getting answers customers are seeking.
Pros
lots of catered lunches. Incentives to encourage community involvement
Cons
getting time off approved very difficult
Overall it was OK
Customer Service Lead Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 1, 2017
Overall it was OK. They are a good company to work for and take good care of their employees. They provide good benefits and the owners are really great people.
Pros
Cell phone bill covered
Cons
No room for advancement and no flexible schedules
Good company to work for.
Customer Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2017
Can be stressful at times. Would like more hourly pay. There is room for advancement. Good workplace culture. Hardest part of the job is explaining to an older market, how to use electronic devices, over the phone. Can be quite challenging at times.
Review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 30, 2017
Answering phone calls
have to have 5.25 calls per hour
have to help customer order phones/service
teach the customers how to turn on and off there phones
Average
Customer/Senior Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2017
solid pay, average hours, strict attendance and average management. I enjoy working at consumer cellular I just think my potential is limited. I was promoted but its not a career by any means
Great place to work and truly cares about their employees
Lead (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORAugust 22, 2017
This company is the most caring company I've ever worked for. I will be forever grateful and indebted to them for what they have done for me. The benefits are okay. As a tenured employee, they have gone above and beyond for me to tend to my personal life as well as helping me advance in my career and reach my goals.
Pros
Multiple scheduling options
Cons
Healthcare is spendy for families but that's not their fault
good place to work
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 17, 2017
good place to work, friendly environment, pay is good, good benefits. room for advancement. great training, supervisors are helpful and answer questions
Love my Coworkers but not so much the Job
CAA1-3 (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORAugust 5, 2017
You go into work, and start your day with sometimes agitated customers, answer the phone and be polite, maybe have a team meeting about yet another policy the company is changing. I learned that no mater what the policy says you will occasionally transfer to a supervisor that would do whatever the customer was asking. All of my personal supervisors were wonderful, I loved my co workers. The work place was made out to be pretty relaxed but the stress of the job sometimes out weighed that. The hardest part was trying to stay positive and polite after having horrible things yelled at you three phone calls in a row. The best part was actually being able to help some people and save them money. As the company grew they also started taking away/modifying some of their big Pro's of working there.
Pros
Cafe, Insurance, Flexable shifts
Cons
Changes of policies, stress
Horrible Environment
Inbound Technical Support Center Advisor (Former Employee) –  Redmond, ORJuly 19, 2017
30+ years in customer service and call centers, this is by far the worst working environment I have ever seen

Pay is good, but they will drop you in a heartbeat...so sad
Unreasonable
Senior CAA (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 16, 2017
Great marketing and Customer service friendly company.
The Culture is hurry up and please the customers. But their
Under staff and they don't appreciate good employees.
They don't realize life happens and you never know when
Unforeseen occurrences will happen. No empathy here!
Pros
Paid insurance
Cons
Poor Training and management and a lack of appreciation for Human Capital, Employees!
Good owners, growing company
Network Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2017
While Consumer Cellular is largely a call center the owners do their best to change things up and change the status quo of your typical call center environment.
Pros
Growing company, good compensation
Management stinks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
At consumer cellular they lie to potential customers regarding different cell phone plans. The way they advertise is wrong by letting people know that they can get a free cell phone with different packages. Also does not really take into accountability what the customers are going through, plus give Customer service reps very short time to solve issues with no connections, information regarding bills, sometimes are rude to their customers. Management is horrible and lies to agents about how many calls should be handled in an 8 hour period. People come and go there and they can't keep people there for long periods of time.
Pros
offers citizens discount phone service
Cons
management is horrible, picking on one rep at a time. lies to reps, plus management does not do a go job.
Not good
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 5, 2017
Poor long term stability for a working single parent... Too high of a turn over rate... You see to many people come and go. And not enough experience supervisors & managers...
Pros
N/a
Cons
Employment policy
Horrible work culture
Customer Service, Sales, Troubleshooting phones (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 2, 2017
Dealing with the customers was the best part of the job. Training was sufficient but management did not want to be bothered to do their jobs for the most part. Supervisors and managers played favorites and bullied to motivate people which never works.
Low pay micro manages you to the smallest degree.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 30, 2017
productive but low pay. They cap your pay after $14 an hour so you cant make anymore unless you either work yourself to death in overtime or go to management level.
Pros
lots of ot
Cons
low pay
Decent place to work but has no room for advancement
Supervisor/ Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORJune 29, 2017
Great place to work at if you're in between jobs and need something to not get you behind and also the benefits (medical, dental and vision) 100% paid for by the company
Pros
All benefits 100% paid
Cons
No room for advancement
They fire at the drop of a hat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2017
they say they will work with you about attendance and I had a wedding I was commited to going to within my first 90 days and be aware that you are always wrong and expected to sell sale sell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

Consumer Cellular Reviews by Location