Consumer Consulting LLC, a Consumer Capital Partners company is now searching for a Director of Culinary Development. The culinary experts that brought you Smashburger and Tom's Urban 24 are searching for a Culinary Development professional. This newly created position will assist the Chief Culinary Officer and Chief Development Officer with all culinary aspects of new restaurant concepts. This Culinary professional will be responsible for everything from menu ideation, menu creation, to culinary operational execution.
- Responsible for culinary as well as a technical aspects in order to provide technical and process directions to vendors.
- Must be able to adapt the necessary recipes and procedures to duplicate culinary targets through collaborative work with operations and vendors.
- Understanding menu item pricing and cost analysis. Specifically raw item yields, base recipe costing, individual recipe costing, trouble shooting food cost issues, optimizing recipes toward labor efficiency, formula optimization to improve profitability.
- Responsible for sourcing of ingredients.
- Maintain and develop successful vendor relations to leverage for development, technical and culinary needs.
- Menu ideation
- Menu creation
- Development of individual menu item and base recipe development
- Recipe optimization
- Operational and process development for recipes and execution of menu items
- Responsible for collaborative work with operations on execution and training of initial menu roll out and ongoing menu items.
- Cost control analysis of individual menu items.
- Analyze product menu mix data, understand the elements of a profit and loss statement, and trouble shoot areas of concern.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors Degree in Food Science, or related culinary degree with equivalent
- 10+ years of combined professional experience in Culinary and Culinary Tech field within a full service restaurant organization preferred. Would consider candidate with progressive experience ranging from three day part, fine dining, banquets and catering.
- Proficient knowledge on all current equipment needed to create products in the restaurants as well as have knowledge of equipment used in food manufacturing facilities.
- Proven ability to provide creation and innovation.
- Understanding of flavor and seasoning houses to create scalable product flavor systems.
- Broad based knowledge of international cuisines specifically (Latin American and Pan-Asian) as well as American regional cuisines
- Awareness of mixology and bar trends, knowledge of food pairings with spirits, beer and wine, a plus.
- Basic Computer skills proficient in all Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Culinary costing software such as ChefTech. Knowledge in back office systems a plus (Aloha, Menulink).
- Must have ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects on a deadline basis
About Consumer Capital Partners
Consumer Capital Partners is an innovative investment and operating company, focused on starting up, operating and investing in consumer, franchising and lifestyle brands. Consumer Capital Partners also engages in modern channels of giving across a broad spectrum of contemporary causes.
To learn more visit our website at www.consumercp.com.
TO APPLY: Apply online.