Consumer Credit Counseling Service of San Francisco is seeking an individual with a strong desire to help others and exceptional supervisory, customer service, and people skills to join our team. As a supervisor, you will play an integral role in our agency's mission, which is to assist individuals and families with all aspects of personal money management. CCCS has been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
CCCS offers exceptional benefits for our employees which include 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) retirement plan with matching after 1 year; a generous paid time off program plus 9 holidays; and an extensive training program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversees Program Services programs and partnerships
- Monitors supply and demand of counseling sessions
- Attends departmental meetings
- Assists in preparing grant applications
- Performs counseling duties when needed
- Communicates with brokers and lenders
- Reviews work load, schedules, assignments, status of on-going work, and availability of counselors for work assignments and prepares reports in order to plan department activities.
- Reviews and approves timesheets.
- Completes timely performance reviews with direct reports.
- Reviews counseling sessions, reports, paperwork, and other records prepared by the counselors for clarity, completeness, accuracy, and conformance with agency policies. Performs quality improvement duties in conjunction with agency quality improvement guidelines.
- Coordinates work activities of counseling staff with other departments
- Assists counselors with complex or unusual counseling and/or creditor situations.
- Conducts education workshops in the community and for housing partners. Responsible for community involvement with city and state agencies, participation in community-wide housing events as representative of the agency, and otherwise responsible for assisting in the implementation of the agency's strategic business development plan.
- Answers questions and recommends corrective services to address customer complaints.
- Plans and conducts, or arranges for new and on-going training of staff.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Works with management to establish and achieve departmental goals and to develop policies and procedures in the development of long range plans for the department.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and two to three years direct supervisory related experience
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of San Francisco is a non-profit organization committed to helping individuals and families nationwide overcome their financial challenges and meet their goals. Through local and national education and counseling programs we provide help and hope to families over whelmed by debt, facing foreclosure, struggling to master their money, caught in a cycle of over-priced fringe financial services, or trying to purchase their first home. Additional information about us can be found at www.cccssf.org.
How to Apply:
Please apply by emailing your resume and thoughtful cover letter describing how your experience fits with the requirements of the position. You may also mail your information attention HR, to 595 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 Or, fax your resume to HR at (415) 777-4035. Applications not containing a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.
Consumer Credit Counseling of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.