Consumer Product Safety Commission

Consumer Product Safety Commission Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Typical Government Job w/o the the perks
Compliance and Regulatory Affairs Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2017
The agency is extremely slow and limited in resources. There is a lack of leadership and manager shave a problem community agency directives to team members. If you are starting your career this is not the agency to start with, this is the agency to end with when you want a simple paycheck and have no ambition.
Productive very knowledgeable
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 6, 2016
Worked with Executive Director in the coordination of weekly meetings with personnel from Compliance, IT, Small Business Ombudsman, Facilities Manager, Financial Planner, HR personnel, and Safety Manager. Gained an overall understanding of the way each department worked together effectively and efficiently.
Gained a comprehensive perspective of connecting the strategic goals of the CPSC; realized the major focus was to protect the public from unreasonable risk of injury and death associated with the use of thousands of consumer products.
Excellent Job
Office of the Secretary Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 3, 2016
This was one of the best jobs I have ever had I love the staff a very loving environment to work stress free you had a filling of peace as you did your daily assignments and I worked in four different section of this company and everyone was the same it was more like a family getting the job done in a timely manner. I learned that you can do a job without being stressed and that means the world to me its nothing like doing a job you love. The hardest part was when my contract ended and I had to say good bye.
Great location to commute from the DMV area. Easy access to metro and parking gargage.
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 13, 2015
Consumer Product Safety Commission is a great agency that keeps the public safe from unsafe products. It is interesting work that entails testing, and knowledge of regulations and guidelines for products sold within the U.S.
Pros
Building is close to metro and has a parking garage.
Cons
Advancement is difficult within the agency.
Laboer
Laborer/Driver/ Xerox Operator/System Furniture (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 26, 2012
Performed all tasks that was needed.As a driver escorted government officals to conferrences, meeting, and downtown Wash.DC on the Capitol Hill.Also Operate the Mailroom, Break down and build up system furniture.Working in warehouse environments and going to land fields to drop off trash.
I loved that place
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 28, 2012
•Supported financial sector within government agency while providing immediate assistance to division supervisor
•Effectively organized and coordinated division meetings and appointments
•Regularly communicated financial discrepancies with company stakeholders
•Monitored work and cross checked related expenses and revenues
•Assured company compliance with budget
•Revamped and maintained financial database
Pros
the best experience ever!
Cons
the only con-my contract ran out!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Consumer Product Safety Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6