CSN is an importer and distributor of Consumer Products from China, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Hong Kong. Our product lines cover various categories all in the hardlines area. We are a small and growing company dedicated to providing our customers with a constant stream of new products under their brands and ours, and also for providing the excellent service and quality that we are known for. Our process is very detailed and involves product from design stage to final delivery.
Our Headquarters are in Bloomington MN with offices in China and the Philippines. The position we are looking to fill is based in Bloomington.
- Involved all the way through supply chain from product design to delivery.
- Account support and direct communication with buyers on product, pricing, availability and delivery.
- Follow all account requirements and accurately interpret and comply with their vendor terms and conditions.
- Work with overseas factories directly to source, purchase, inspect and ship product.
- Product spec sheet creation, review product information provided by overseas factories, revise to fit USA customer base.
- Create outbound product offer sheets to account base.
- Sample ordering and tracking from various factories to ensure arrival and delivery in a timely manner.
- Sample quality review on receipt; determine potential issues with samples and changes required for production. Determine appropriate changes needed for assembly instructions.
- Sample assessment and recording: assembling, measuring dimensions, photographing, and inspecting samples.
- Purchase order creation, transmittal and confirmation.
- Determine account shipping requirements including product documents and standards required.
- Knowledge of import laws and regulations and ability to keep current on and accurately interpret and follow government and customs guidelines.
- Expedite production and shipment of orders by factory.
- Responsible for determining if final inspection of product is OK to ship.
- Shipping documents: handling, creating and processing shipping documents for imported consumer products (invoices/packing lists, bills of lading.)
- Create invoices to customers and follow up on payment receipt based on terms.
- Receive customer calls and e-mails from all parts of the supply chain and respond effectively.
- Help to manage our China and Philippines offices to be effective in above processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Emphasis in International Merchandising, Retail Merchandising or International Business a strong plus.
- Strong Experience working with Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, Adobe, and Outlook.
- Extremely driven, hardworking, very detail oriented, organized, and focused.
- Highly self-motivated with open communication skills including being a reliable and conscientious team player proven to be able to solve problems and make decisions as a team but also able to work without constant supervision.
- Ability to receive, process, synthesize, and record a tremendous amount of material from both overseas factories and our growing account base on a daily basis.
- Ability to organize and juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Capable of accepting work direction from both managers and peers and able to adapt and conform to currently established work methods.
- Excellent written and verbal English and communication skills with ability to tailor communications to various levels including simplifying for foreign offices and professionally communicate with all customers, suppliers and accounts.
- Ability to foresee and discuss potential problems in order to prevent or create solutions for them.
- Interest in becoming familiar with an ever expanding product line; including a wide variety of consumer products.
- Project Tracking, time management and organization are critical to being able to handle the job.
- Strong math, logic ability, technical and computer savvy.
- Capable of performing well in a busy, ever changing environment.
- Results driven.
- Flexible to meet ever-changing business demands.
- Capable of lifting 40+ lbs.
Healthcare, Dental, 401K, Competitive Salary