CONSUMER SERVICES INC Employee Reviews

stress and pressure
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 12, 2017
Enjoyed co workers but management had unrealistic expectations that were not helpful to clients. High turnover. Good experience with clients with severe mental illness.
Pros
co workers, clients
Cons
stress, having to do work at home
They lie to their employees
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 7, 2017
They promise you that it is easy to move up in the company and it never happens unless you are sleeping with someone that is a family member of the company. And if you are going around and kissing everyone that is hire up's butt then you might get considered for advancement. If you do get an advancement they are not going to pay you no more then what you are making now (which is probably low anyways). Stay away from this job it seems like a good job and they make it seem like you will be happy but believe me you won't be
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Nothing other than the schedule
Not a happy place to work
Mental Health Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 18, 2017
This agency makes the social workers memorize the Disney Way philosophy but does not practice what it preaches. Ask you give 150% but only gives you 10%.
Exciting
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 9, 2016
Over all the office support needs to better communicate with its employees. Besides that, It was a great place to work. With great staff and consumers.
Keep looking - do not apply
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIJune 22, 2016
Believe the bad reviews on here. The management is horrible. The low pay/zero benefits is not worth what you have to deal with. Owosso branch is terrible, and higher management is very poor quality as well. Very dishonest and shady company to work for.
Cons
Almost everything
Wonderful Place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 26, 2015
Supportive place to work with friendly staff and management.Lots of flexibility is given with schedules, wonderful place to work if you are currently in school or have a family.
Pros
Flexibility
Great Management!
Able to train staff regularly (Current Employee) –  Owosso, MIMay 12, 2015
This place is a wonderful place to be! there is a lot of options for work. Everyone is always happy and the consumers seem to enjoy all their staff!
Documentation is key
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 13, 2014
I'm glad I gained experience in this particular field involving psychiatric patients. I learned how to interact with all walks of life including children and adolescents.
a non-profit company with family atmosphere for its' employees
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mason, MiAugust 6, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was investigating delinquent claims and finding out why claims were not paid.

the hardest part of the job was the work environment.

I learned about insurance verification, rules and timelines. I learned how to electronically upload and process claims. I also learned how to effectively manage employees to continue their work with payees and third party payers.
Pros
decent base pay
Cons
No Raises and no room for advancement.
Easy going
Direct care worker (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIMarch 24, 2014
I was responsible for the clients getting to and from appointments and passing out the medication and helping them reach their goals.
Good thus far
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hillsdale, MIFebruary 11, 2014
I have only been employed a short time with this company. So far, I have had a good experience.
A productive company that always offered room for advancement.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 25, 2013
There was always enough work to keep each staff busy so, you learned to work alone.
Management was good and because I ran the program so well and staff were all supportive of one another, we were looked upon as "Self Sufficient" with minmal request/suggestions.
The hardest part about being the program supervisor for this paricular company was not having enough vacation time. The most enjoyable part was having clients that completed the program successfully while working as a team!
Pros
Lots' of freedom
Cons
Not enough vacation time
Administrative Assistant/Support Staff duties
Administrative Assistant/Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 26, 2013
Working under the director of the company, preparing agenda's for board meetings, sometimes conducting board meetings. Handling Case Managers problems and billing issues. Making sure the Case Managers that I was assigned to that their clients insurances were active, the charts were in order and any documentations that were missing to contact the Case Manager and let them know that they needed to get them turned in. I learned that every Case Manager is not the same and how to approach them when needed. My co-workers were a delightful to work with. They were always nice and respectful to me when i talked to them and when I needed something from them. When Audits came up because everyone would freak out and I knew that we had our Audits under control due to me auditing charts all the time to make sure that all charts were ready for any Audit that may come up. I enjoyed working the crew that I had. We always had funny things to say to each other, and when one of them was dealing with any kind of crisis we were always there for them.
Stressful environment, working with severely mentally ill.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 16, 2013
Contacting clients to link them to community services. If client is in crisis assess to see if additional hospitalization is needed. Supervise staff and communicate with hospitals and doctors to ensure stability. Reports and paperwork must be completed in a timely manner. Field visits in the hospital or homeless shelters. The hardest part of the job is losing a client to suicide. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a client stabilize on medication and receive permanent housing.
Pros
contractual
Cons
no medical benefits
community mental health agency
ICI, Crisis Home Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 4, 2013
Responding to crisis clients on a daily basis. Managing staff of paraprofessionals, home managers, and nurses. Gained management skills, and honed diagnostic and counseling skills. Co-workers were supportive of one another but struggled with support from upper management. Hardest part of the job was dealing with upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with staff to create a healing and supportive environment for clients.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
upper management
High paced office environment
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 18, 2013
Consumer Services Inc (CSI) is a great place to work. The environment is friendly and warm. A typical day at work includes monitoring caseload productivity of each independently contracted Social Worker, coordinating with subordinates (supervisors) regarding their observation of each social worker that they managed on their team, monitoring quality of care of consumers assigned to the program to include reviewing progress notes, quarterly reviews and discharge plans. Additionall duties includes working directly under the direction of the Program Director and CEO to ensure stragetic plan goals are being met as well as operating in alignment with the agency's mission statement to include "quality of care" of each consumer serviced, managing company budgets, participating in audits, training on Medicaid indicators as it relates to funding and compliance, facilitating trainings on Medicaid standards, managing Peer Support department and marketing.

While being employed with CSI I have learned how to manage people, work within a diverse group of coworkers and consumers, assess client needs, measure client strengths, weakness and abilities and use these indicators to assist consumers in developing attainable goals. I also learned how to complete a Psychosocial Assessment, use the information to develop a treatment plan as well as a discharge plan to ensure After Care alternatives were available to all consumers. I also learned how to work with duall diagnosed consumers. During my time with CSI, I have become a Certified Dialectical Behavioral Therapist (DBT).

The hardest part of
  more... the job was being promoted to Assisant DIrector because I really missed working with the clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great team of Social Workers.  less
Pros
great health insurance plan
Cons
no 401k offered, no retirement packages
being a care giver
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 5, 2012
I enjoyed working with people with mental disabilities, the people that I had a chance to help were wonderful. I was also able to work along side with lifeways
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 27, 2012
I have worked for Consumer Services Inc. for several years and it has been a rewarding experience as I really feel like I am making a difference in the lives of others. The leadership team goes out of their way to thank there staff for a putting forth hard work
Amazing Company
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mason, MIAugust 22, 2012
If not for having moved to South Carolina, I would still be working for this wonderful organization.
Boring place to work long hrs
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 31, 2012
I learned to communicate better learn to work as a team
A day at work begins by taking care of older ppl with mental disorders cooking cleaning and passing meds
Cons
no breaks long hrs boring little pay no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CONSUMER SERVICES INC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8