Lead User Interface Developer
Help us create the next generation of social interaction and data manipulation on the web! This position is responsible for developing infrastructures that enable us to create custom interfaces for our web properties and clients. The ideal candidate has experience implementing dynamic user interfaces compatible with multiple browsers using PHP, jQuery/HTML and CSS.
This role involves the design and implementation of modules allowing customizable navigation flow and site security. Our web developers work closely with every member of our team, and are crucial to our organization’s success. Must be able to think strategically, be willing to assist in the development of specifications and look for ways to incorporate new and emerging technologies.
You will be working with about 10 talented engineers using some cutting edge technologies.
We ensure that our engineers maintain understanding of current web technologies and programming practices through continuing education, reading, and/or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups to assist with their career development.
- Design, prototype and develop jQuery-based UI frameworks that will power the entire product suite.
- Design and abstract common functions used by applications into jQuery plugins.
- Design and develop the UI components of the social media integration features.
- Design, prototype and build an UI framework for mobile devices such as iPad.
- Turn the visual design specification into a pixel perfect application with HTML5 and advanced CSS.
- Design and develop simple yet flexible approaches to configure the application page and interaction flows; enable application developers to build highly interactive UI pages in minutes.
- Write design documentations and developer’s guides.
- Confer with management and other developers to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, and choose solutions
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and functions correctly across targeted browsers
- Identify problems uncovered by testing, automated & user feedback, system logs, etc. and correct or refer to appropriate personnel for correction
- At least 5 years of experience building user interface frameworks based on jQuery.
- At least 3 years of experience developing jQuery plug-ins
- At least 5 years of experience working with HTML and CSS that supports multiple browsers.
- At least 3 years of experience in advanced CSS techniques.
- Familiarity with user-centered design and usability practice.
- Experience with CMS (Drupal, WordPress)
- Self-starter and team player with strong self-management skills
- Strong track record of delivering high-quality products using an agile development methodology.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong teamwork focus.
- Fun, innovative team atmosphere
- Highly collaborative work environment
- Core team of capable developers
- Constant stream of challenging new development work
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- 401k- We match 3% of employee’s salary!
- Free Gym Membership for elite Spectrum Clubs
Life at ConsumerTrack: http://www.facebook.com/ConsumerTrack
This is an on-site job for Los Angeles-area locals only, please.
This means: No offshore or domestic development shops.
We will not pay for re-location.
Indeed - 19 months ago