Consumers Energy

Consumers Energy United States Employee Reviews

Great pay and job security
Stockkeeper (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIApril 11, 2015
Pros: high pay
Cons: none
There are plenty of room to grow and gain new knowledge. Safety is top priority at ever level in the company. Management and union work together.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMarch 27, 2015
• Answered phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
• Performed general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
• Coordinated and direct office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping, to aid executives.
• Filed and retrieved corporate documents, records, and reports.
Billing/Credit resolution
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Farmington Hills,MIMarch 24, 2015
High Energy call center
Detailed Billing
Customer oriented, eager to assist all.
Busy Call center
sales professionals responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating strategies, to
enhance prospect, attract, retain and service a complex client base of personal, business
Auxiliary operator (Current Employee), Erie, MIMarch 12, 2015
Good place to work with lots of job oppertunity. company pays good with lots of benifits and room to move up in the company
An excellant place of employment. Loved my job!
Senior Computer Systems Analyst (Retired) (Former Employee), Essexville, MIMarch 9, 2015
Pros: First class employer.
Cons: Outsourced much of IT development..
Was always given the freedom to pursue my abilities and develop innovative solutions to business problems, with the direct involvement, input and suggestions from the business unit clients. Developed applications that essentially became primarily designed by (and, therefore, well accepted by) the client.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Rel Level I (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: wages were too low
Consumers Energy was a very enjoyable place to work. There would always be raffles and chances to win an amazing gift. While working for Consumers, Ive learned to have patience and sympathy for people. No matter how black and white the rules are theres always a percentage of people who honestly deserves another chance. The rapport between coworkers and management were always comfortable. The hardest part about this position was not being compensated accordingly. The time, dedication and effort that was poured into this position was not being rewarded through compensation. The best part about this position was assisting the families that were in disarray and giving them comfort knowing that of all the other issues one could be enduring, Ive taken at leat one stress of of their minds and hearts.
Great company with strong emphasis on employee and customer satisfaction
Electrical Engineering Intern - CS&I Division (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Come to work, read emails, figure out what needs to be done, head out to the field, take notes, come back to the office, design new construction in MicroStation, utilize SAP to release job order, send design off to scheduling for construction.

I learned how to successfully implement a utility company's business model.

My boss was awesome.

Amazing co-workers.

Hardest part of the job was coping with the limited promotional opportunities for engineers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a bunch of great people in order to help our customers and ensure power reliability.
Very busy position. Could be very stressful.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 27, 2014
A typical day at work would be taking phone calls from customers all day. You had to be very knowledgeable and professional to each customer and help them as best as you could. My co-workers were great, my Manager was wonderful.
Great Career
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2014
You must be willing to work long hours and every day of the week. This job was the ultimate job for customer service and public safety. As a customer service representative you are the face of the company. There is always room to improve and move up in this company.
great place for employment
stock keeper (Former Employee), Bay City, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: good hours, great pay, great co workers, great training for emergencies in any situation
Cons: non even being on call 24/7 was compensated
Worked with public in this job. I retired from this job to care for my Husband who had terminal health.
Would have chosen to continued to work here.
Solid, personable Utility company
Talent Acquisition Intern (Current Employee), Jackson, MIOctober 19, 2014
Pros: in office fitness center, cafeteria, coffee bar, solid employee culture, good relationship with unions
Cons: needs a stronger intern program to compete in the upper echelon of business
I worked supporting Meter Reader hiring and testing mostly, but picked up side projects like compensation benchmarking, transaction error analysis, and criteria development for employee ownership within the company. The management was very knowledge and worked well in teams. They even were willing to trust me with bigger projects that impact the business. All of this taught me more about addressing some of the grey areas of HR while applying my classroom lessons in the field. My coworkers were very collaborative and supportive of each other. This company is known for having "lifers" and it shows with their devotion to the company. The hardest part of my job is getting through some of the transactional work to establish myself as a viable candidate for and make time for more strategic work. The most enjoyable part for me is being able to present my work to HR Directors and managers and including feedback to create a high quality deliverable.
For the most part I enjoyed my work at Consumers Energy
Gas Damage Claims Administrator/Risk Management (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: exciting but demanding job
Cons: straight 40 hour day job, great benefits
This position was filled with a lot of customer contact, It was my job to try to collect money from people or companies who damaged customer gas lines & determine & if necessary pay for damages Consumers did to a customers property
Dead end job
Corrosion Technician (Current Employee), Bay City, MIOctober 2, 2014
Pros: queit place to sleep
Cons: everything else
Boring, mundane, repetitive. I spend my days transferring useless info from one computer system to another.
Call Center
Program Manager (Former Employee), Royal OakAugust 29, 2014
Typical call center experience, stressful but manageable.
Drafting and up dating Maps
Techical Specialist II (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: staff support and very informitive.
I would post as builts to the maps. I would also insure that the electrial overhead equipment was correct. Worked closely with the engineers. Co Workers were Wonderful and supportive. Management was very supportive. I cannot say any thing negitive it was a wonderful place to work.
Snacks
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 9, 2014
Pros: possible free lunch
Cons: does not pay enough
You receive snacks anytime you meet your stats or make a ASP sale.
There is no work/life balance
Customer Representative (Former Employee), LansingAugust 3, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits.
Cons: everything else.
None of the Call Centers managers should be in management. They micromanage even the best employees (200% of goal consistently) to the point where people have to make repeated union complaints. you can look forward to 80 hour work weeks plus a pager. There is no personal life with Consumers Energy. You are constantly force to work Over Time due to poor planning and poor management.
very nice company to work for
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 30, 2014
Pros: very understanding
I liked my job at Consumers. Everyone was very helpful. They let you own your job with confidence.
Call center business working enviroment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: healthcare, great commission
Cons: too many hours
Typically on a daily basis I would handle incoming calls from customers regarding their utility bills. The issues ranged from payment arrangements, billing concerns, moving in or out of a new home. We also received calls regard appliance repairs, as we sold customers an appliance repair service. I would handle roughly 50-60 calls in a day and also for about a quarter of the day I would be doing administrative tasks i.e. data input. I would also be asked to fill in as a temporary manager when our management would have meetings. I learned quite a few things working there and I now pride myself on having a good work ethic and strong communication skills. I learned how to follow and also lead. The management at Consumers Energy was above average we had great team leaders, but we also had some that truly weren't qualified to do their job on a daily basis. The people that I worked with were all very nice and we were always professional in the workplace. The hardest part of the job was really the hours we were at a mandatory 60 hour work week with forced overtime based on seniority. I think the best part of the job was just the benefits that they provided, we would sell the appliance repair program and receive quite a bit of commission. The salaries that they paid were on par with that type of work and we received great healthcare.
Great group of people to work with
Technical Writing Intern (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 13, 2014
I gained knowledge and experience in creating and implementing corporate security procedures and process maps. The internship provided me with several opportunities to do some field investigations as a job shadow and I learned what my writing skills were bringing to the company through action.

1 2 3

About Consumers Energy

Consumers Energy Company makes sure that the energy consumers in Michigan have the power to crank up their heaters and the gas – Read more

Consumers Energy Salaries

Customer Service Representative
$35,000 per year

Consumers Energy Photos

Consumers Energy HQ
My work place in michigan