Consumers Energy

Consumers Energy Employer Reviews

Great group of people to work with
Technical Writing Intern (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJuly 13, 2014
I gained knowledge and experience in creating and implementing corporate security procedures and process maps. The internship provided me with several opportunities to do some field investigations as a job shadow and I learned what my writing skills were bringing to the company through action.
good place to work
gasv utility worker (Current Employee), MIJuly 11, 2014
Pros: breaks and lunches are included in a 8 hour period
the job is extremely great ,very interactive with supervision
Corporation with competitive salary and benefits
Administrative IT Analyst (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJune 17, 2014
22 years at Consumers Energy starting out at entry level and given many opportunities for advancement. That was the old-school way to advance from within. Now the new school rules and a degree in a STEM field is absolutely required.
Good company.
Technical Analyst Lead I (Former Employee), Jackson, MIApril 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long days
A very good place to grow and increase your IT experience. Ability to do community service in various counties with in the state of Michigan. Very communicative staff, and good collaboration on teams.
It was a learning experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Great incentives, management was involved and helpful about employee needs and concerns
Supervisor, Call Center Advisor (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work life balance
The company itself is slow to change. However, when working in conditions such as storms or major outages the company has a unique culture that pulls together in one triumphant sync.
Not family friendly but above average pay
Meter Reader (Current Employee), Traverse City, MIFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: good pay great benefits
Cons: no breaks, vacation but your never able to take it. no tolerance for any illness, no tolerance of family events, issues, or illness
Walking 6 miles a day on average, dealing with difficult customers. Most of my coworkers are friendly, management is unfriendly and very disorganized. Luckily for the most part I work alone.
1979-2002-Great Company to work for:2003-present:Not so great.
generating plant electrician (Current Employee), MICHIGANFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: hourly wage almost makes up for all the daily chaos.
Cons: having to work for managers without experience managing, but are good at mis-managing.
A typical day at the plant is infused with chaos, since the majority of the management staff have minimal experience working at power plants. Many have come from a closed down pharmaceutical company. Most of the trades people from the same company are very good to work with, though. From my perspective, with almost 35 years working in power plants, – more... this company doesn't seem to value experience, so they end up doing things without seeking information first, and end up being the root cause of major blunders. They aren't very receptive to helpful information from subordinates, because the prevalent attitude, at least in my department, is "I'm the boss". – less
Great place to work for to enhance skills
Certified Auxiliary Operator (Current Employee), Erie, MIFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits for family
Cons: not at home durning the night with family
Nothing but good things to say about this company and my job, the olny thigs is that the company has to meet EPA regulations by 2015 and have decided to close plant and invest into a newer generating site
Opportunity
Commmercial Industrial Gas Service (Former Employee), KalamazooJanuary 19, 2014
Individuals can learn tremendously while employed here!
Most of my work was individual, on the road-in the field.
Learned a great deal in many areas of the utility field.
Good relationship with other departments and employees
System Controller (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: no breaks, long hours, sacrafice of famiy life, no reward from management
Isolate damage equipment, on distribution, transmission lines, low voltage distribution substation, and High voltage transmission Substations. Call out proper personnel to identify, isolate, repair and restore power. Monitor 13 different computers and prioritize work. Each day was different. Trained personnel in Swtiching and Tagging, for the entire – more... Company. – less
best job in the world
Production scheduler (Former Employee), Jackson, MIDecember 30, 2013
Pros: early in and early out
Cons: driving 150 miles per day- monday through friday
6am - 3 pm! set up for the next few weeks. great management and co-workers. assessing load and weather for the next few weeks.
being right
Great Place to work
Low Voltage Distribution Dispatcher (Former Employee), Saginaw, MINovember 25, 2013
Great place to work, work well with personal schedules. Did the best they could for work life balance. Military friendly
I enjoyed working in the IT security department.
Cooperative Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson, MINovember 11, 2013
I reset firewalls and routers and did some spreadsheet work.
Overall good company
Electrical Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Jackson, MIOctober 24, 2013
Good company if you are interested in the Utility business.
Great Company Fortune 500
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 16, 2013
Pros: fortune 500 company
Cons: dealing with the outside elements
My typical day would involve walking and driving alone through neighborhoods and reading the costumers of Consumer's Energy gas and electric meters. I learned how to give an accurate read of a customers gas bill, time management and working without supervisors present. The hardest part of my job would walking through the routes that would be up to 4 – more... miles long and watching out for hazards such as animals, weather and other dangerous situations. the most enjoyable part was my free range to complete my job in my own orderly fashion. – less
Great Experience
Options Intern (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 26, 2013
Learned much from this position. Exciting company to work for.
There is lots of room for advancement.
Revenue Recovery Specialist (Former Employee), Flint, MIJune 13, 2013
Pros: a great medical package.
The typical hours are those normally associated with first shift hours. My co-workers were very friendly. I learned a great deal on how to work with others and how to deal with angry and violent customers.
Friendly business enviornment
Contracting and Supply Chain Managment Itern (Former Employee), Jackson, MIJune 11, 2013
I would love coming into CMS each morning walking into a positive place. The department I work in was always helpful in teaching me new things about the task I would have to complete. I am very grateful that I was given the opportunity to work as an Options Intern for the past 3 years.
Good place to work for long term employment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Royal Oak, MIMay 29, 2013
I worked in Client Services, the most enjoyable part of the job was selling a service plan to a satisfied customer.

About Consumers Energy

Consumers Energy Company makes sure that the energy consumers in Michigan have the power to crank up their heaters and the gas – Read more

Consumers Energy Photos