About this opportunity:
The North American office of Contagious Communications, Inc. is in a period of rapid growth. We are currently looking for an experienced client services manager to come on board our dynamic and energized New York based team to help us work with, and foster stronger relations with our stellar client roster. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build on previous account management experience, and better understand the marketing and advertising landscape.
This position will report directly to the Director of Client Services (based in London) whilst working closely with the Chief Growth Officer (based in the US) The position also requires regular liaison with the sales and editorial teams in our parent HQ’s also based in London.
Founded in 2004, Contagious is a leading global media and consulting company that focuses on bringing our clients intelligence, insights and understanding at the intersection of marketing creativity, new technology and consumer behavior. Contagious has become an indispensable strategic resource and creative reference tool for brands and communications agencies around the world.
With offices in London, New York and Singapore, Contagious identifies the best examples of creativity and marketing innovations and examine their likely impact on brands and consumer culture, and showcase these insights through a variety of formats including a quarterly magazine, our online intelligence service Contagious I/O, Contagious events and our high-level consultancy service, Contagious Insider.
Contagious clients include a range of forward-thinking agency and brand marketers such as Intel, Kraft Foods, Fiat, Diageo, Nike, JWT, McCann Worldgroup and Razorfish, among others.
You will be responsible for managing and developing relationships with our existing agency and Fortune 500 client base; specifically subscribers to Contagious magazine and Contagious I/O. The ideal candidate will be passionate about our content, be looking to develop a career in client services, has excellent oral and communication skills, is confident, able to work well in a team and has an inquiring mind that is always interested in what's on the horizon in the marketing industry. Additionally, attention to detail and a love of developing existing business relationships is a must.
- Ensure that all clients with ongoing contracts are communicated with effectively and meaningfully during the duration of their term.
- Proactively work with your accounts to ensure they are receiving the most value from their investment in Contagious.
- Regularly meet with and get to know our client base to better understand their needs and communicate these needs back to the team as appropriate.
- Ensure that accounts are effectively set-up and managed.
- Assist with content research requests from subscribers / users
- Create client account usage and tracking reports for internal team analysis and also client sharing
- Flag up opportunities for further new business development that arise from client conversations
- Sell through various Contagious ‘off the shelf’ reports and presentations as directed.
- Renew the accounts within your control and follow the correct strategy for renewals
- Attend various advertising and marketing events on behalf of Contagious North America to further source leads and establish key relationships
- Assist with other marketing, Contagious’ event and office tasks as directed.
- 1-2 years of direct account management / client servicing experience would be ideal, within either an agency or brand background
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- You will be comfortable talking with CMO’s CIO’s and CEO’s and be able to speak their language
- You can set goals and drive them to fulfilment. You want to be accountable and are excited by your success and helping the company to grow
- Ability to present in front of people with energy, confidence and eloquence
- While you will work independently, you also need to be a collaborative player with others on the team, share information and support the team
- Good organizational skills, able to juggle many projects, leads and follow-ups
- Proficient with File Maker Pro, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary: Base, plus commission on quarterly targets based on renewal rates.