Contata Solutions, located in downtown Minneapolis, is a technology products and services company providing data-analytics solutions in a variety of verticals.
We are currently accepting applications for a data-mining and machine learning applications developer, preferably with Python programming language experience, who can support analysis of business use-cases, and implement required solutions utilizing statistical methods and machine-learning approaches.
We utilize a combination of open-source, proprietary and commercial software for our products and services, and are a leader in solutions involving text analytics.
In this position, you would have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze business use-cases in projects and formulate solution mechanisms
- Implement data cleansing, analysis and mining methods on big-data samples
- Further develop and support proprietary library of machine learning algorithms
- Track and experiment with new open source and commercial machine learning software
- Track latest trends and research in industry
Skills / Qualifications:
To be successful in this position, you would Ideally have:
- Experience creating algorithms and applications using programming languages such as Python or Scala
- Experience working with tools such as R or Python for statistical analysis of large data sets
- Knowledge and experience with standard machine learning libraries for text and data analysis
- Good conceptual grasp of machine learning approaches and data-mining methods from computer sciences
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, statistics, physics, or applied mathematics
Applications from new graduates with relevant class-project experience are welcome.