Contech Engineered Solutions LLC

Contech Engineered Solutions LLC Employee Reviews

it was a great job
Welder/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  El Mirage, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits. Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, flux-cored arc, plasma arc, shielded metal arc, resistance welding, and submerged arc welding. Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies. Read blueprints, work orders, or production schedules to determine product or job instructions or specifications.
No advancement
Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Management gave no additional training to expand job skills. Office politics were ridiculous. Management never did their job by reviewing personnel. When there was a problem, they just transferred people.
Pros
hours
Cons
office politics
Great Place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2018
Do your job and no one will bother you! Very laid back and understanding company. They go above and beyond and really care about there employees. I enjoyed working for this company but unfortunately due to my circumstances I cant go back, best employer I've worked for in a long time.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Pay is ok
Great pay and nice mangment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHDecember 19, 2017
Work hard and show up every day on time and you will have a job it's not a hard job just have to work and keep your self busy it really is a good job just would work and get to know everything they have to learn
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Only one break
Good Place to work
Customer Solutions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2017
Great people to work with, good pay. Can be very stressful from time to time. Recently acquired by another company. The benefits suffered during the acquisition and it is still very shaky dealing with the parent company.
A very high paced place to work, with some fun mixed in
Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Metamora, ILOctober 24, 2017
This job was a very high paced job, but with everyone working together things ran smoothly.
I learned the production side of a business, and transportation.
Pros
work hours
Cons
it is a season working place, (winter is very slow)
Fine Company to work for
Bridge Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEOctober 15, 2017
Contech is focused on getting the best out of their employees. My manager was skilled and gave me a lot of autonomy. The culture depends on the office that you work out of. There is certainly a feeling of comradery.
Decent But A Mess
Plant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHOctober 6, 2017
Not a bad place to work as long as you're not in the office. Paperwork came up missing, invoices submitted late and management had no idea what was going on.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Work Place
CAD Technician, Precast Engineering (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 24, 2017
Working with the Precast Bridge group, I created the contract and fabrication drawings for engineers. I also worked on specialty products. It was easy to get along with almost everyone that worked at the company. The hardest part was getting along with my manager.
Had the material we needed easy to talk to management
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXSeptember 20, 2017
A typical work day started out by reviewing steps and tasks that need to be done looking over blueprints Gathering material and executing the task at hand. When one task was done we moved on to another management would have another one lined out for us already.
Pros
Management was very understandable if we needed time off for family
Yard Coordinator/Driver (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 14, 2017
I've enjoyed my position entirely and wish I could continue my employment. I looked forward to the security and benefits. My superior's and co-workers were easy to get along with as well.
Not a great place to work.
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYAugust 29, 2017
Working for this company home life and health will come second. Over all moral stays low. Needs improved management. Working conditions are below par.
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Productive and very stressful during the summer season
Mill operator/ forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAAugust 11, 2017
A very stressful job during the summer season. Lack of appreciation from management and office staff. The crew is good they help keep the morale up when things tend to get exhausting.
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Poor management and office staff. No appreciation
Unfortunate Merger with Quikrete
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 8, 2017
Contech used to be a quality place of employment. However, the recent merger with Quikrete has been a terrible turn of events which puts undue amounts of stress at the plant level with no accountability of upper and executive management to provide any sort of identifiable leadership. Direction is confused and in disarray, with no clear chain of command. Quikrete has no idea what they have purchased in Contech, and will not allow a company that operated well previously continue to operate in that manner. Thus, the application of Quikrete culture and management into Contech has been extremely detrimental to the health of Contech's workforce, with many resignations at mid and upper levels. This is already working to destroy the small teams at plant level as leadership is being replaced with younger, less experienced managers who will have to become "yes" managers.
Pros
Management bonuses, management fleet vehicles
Cons
Undefined leadership and vision, terrible benefits package, corporate culture that refuses inclusiveness
Cont
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 8, 2017
Small Company, good welding team, galvanized metal toxic and tasks here were repetitive. Long days, cold in winter in shops. I learned how to wire feed weld lug nuts and galvanized metal storm drain water retention systems.
Great Place to Work
Sales (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 27, 2017
New opportunities to learn everyday. Atmosphere and culture are one of a kind. No one office is the same (and on a positive note!) Staff are friendly and always willing to share their expertise. Management is very professional.
Great variety and people
Welder (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 19, 2017
excellent management, people, and environment. Safety is almost a fetish, extremely important. One of the best and safest jobs I have ever had at a great company.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
difficult to get to
Not a healthy environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 13, 2017
Typical day is the usual gossip within certain cliques.
Certain "Team Leads" doing the usual gossiping and tattling.
So much more could be done there.
Pros
.25 pop
Cons
Too much gossip - not enough productivity - too much "other" outside activity.
Not Recomended at all
Welder and what ever else they want (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 12, 2017
Horrible job, bennifits are more then anyone can afford, by the time you pay them you might make $10 an hour. Management sucks, company sucks, will work you into the ground and totally does not give a bleep about you. Contech moto "everyone is replaceable" Find another place to work
Hard working employees / Poor management
Mill/Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAApril 3, 2017
Large company with little experience in management. More concerned with image than turning out good product. More concern with big company orders and not local order to the common person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Contech Engineered Solutions LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7