Contech Engineered Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work
Customer Solutions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 25, 2015
I don't know about past experiences (people in the past give this company bad reviews because of the recent restructuring process) but this is a great company to work with. My current position is in an office environment and you work with people all over the country and it is all a great big team. Everyone is easy to work with and if you don't know something you can ask anyone and you will find an answer quickly.

My manager is a great leader who listens to her employees and their questions, ideas and concerns.

Sometimes the processes to get something done like getting an order out to a plant can be tedious but necessary none the less.

Upper management does seem to stress numbers a little bit too much but they do recognize the teams as individuals.
Pros
free lunches everytime there is a meeting or such, . Good hours, Not incredibly stressful, Nice people overall, awesome current CEO
Cons
No real advancement opportunities in current position.
Contech is a product solutions company for construction projects. Contech adds value through speed of construction as well as cost savings.
President of Sales (Former Employee) –  cincinnati ohioOctober 13, 2015
Contech has been a great place to build a career. The work is challenging and employees are encouraged to add their personal mark on the company and it's performance. Contech is a great place to work.
Fun, exciting, and always changing. Great products
Director (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHDecember 10, 2015
Contech has allowed their employees to manage their businesses as if it was their own. Lots of opportunity to grow for high performing individuals.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Always changing
Great place to Work
Warehouse Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 1, 2015
Very busy office, with incoming calls and walk in customers, everyone that works there are very nice co workers Everyone is always willing to pitch in and be Team players
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
were no cons
Project Coordinator/ Inside Sales
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Hi My Name is Andi

I was currently employed at Contech our company resolved on Jan 16th. My role was to manage projects outside sales and order closing. I worked one on one with contractors on a daily basis. I learned how to read plans do take-off and get experience with outside sales. Hardest part of my job was to make sure that, I met my customer expectations of deadline for production lead time. I enjoyed interacting with my customers and my co-workers. It's all about Teamwork!! I also received several recommendations on LinkedIn for your reference.
Pros
sales incentives
Cons
no room for advancement
Micro-managed poorly managed customer service dept.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 30, 2014
I found that the people I worked around and with were very supportive and a positive team to work with, however the outside team was resistant about receiving a new customer service coordinator and were not supportive at all. When the outside sales engineers that I would be working with and I met, they bluntly stated that all though they think I am great and liked my personality and thought I would be an asset, they did not want a NEW customer service coordinator. The customer service coordinator that had previously been taken care of their team had left and the CSC that was handling their accounts had 18yrs of experience and new the ins and outs of the operation. The CSC had her own team so her taking on another team was temporary, the OSE knew this, yet still were resistant to me, causing me nothing but stress and a hostile work environment trying to support them and show them I would be an asset to them once I had learned the procedures and processes that work best for our team.
Management was less then supportive regarding this matter causing me to not be in a position to continue to work for this company.
Pros
great inside co-workers very helpful
Cons
micro manage, no support when challanges with ose issues
Good pay is only plus of job.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 26, 2014
The only benefit of this job is the pay. Management is lacking and
needs to be addressed as it is detrimental to business ( which is lacking mainly due to poor management). The plant supervisor's
favorite saying is (There is the door someone else is looking for a
job.)
Cons
poor leadership
A good place for professional growth.
Sr. Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 6, 2013
It offers construction products for site solutions including stormwater management, bridges, drainage pipes, erosion control and etc.
Nice place to work, but too many laid off
Fulfillment/Shipping & Receiving, Mail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 27, 2013
Nice place to work, but will leave off good workers just to get higher profit.
Pros
some great people work there.
Cons
leave off good workers for high profit.
Fun place to work
Project Consultant - Technical Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 20, 2013
Great place for engineers trying to obtain sales experience. Tough economy caused me to loose this job which i truly enjoyed.
Pros
flexibility, manage your own time, training
Cons
can be a demanding job
Good learning evnvironment
Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 20, 2013
Working in technical support for infrastructure product solutions helped forge a wealth of knowledge in engineering, construction, and business alike.